hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Auckland Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I remember Frankie very well. I used to sign him into Hibs Club for Celtc games. Good guy for a Celt!
    My Uncle - not sure about the last sentence :0 )
    Last edited by Auckland Hibs; 30-04-2020 at 07:10 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    1/5/2016 Scottish League Championship

Hibernian 2 v 0 Queen of the South

Gunnarsson
    Cummings

They used to say that being a Hibby it is the hope that kills you

With Falkirk winning 1-0 versus Morton HIBS needed to defeat QOS by four clear goals to avoid an extra play off double header in midweek against Raith Rovers

Queens defended stoutly and were well organised but HIBS had chances to score Liam Henderson forced a save from James Atkinson Anthony Stokes did likewise later on as did John McGinn

Queens had a fine chance to take the lead themselves when Dale Hilson fired over Conrad Logan’s bar from a good position

The second half had just started when James Keatings was put through on goal and spurned a wonderful opportunity to give HIBS the lead when his shot was blocked by the keeper

On 55 minutes Millar was sent off for an ugly tackle on McGinn the gods were at last smiling on HIBS

There was still time for a goal rush but once again Henderson flicked wide of the goal from a good position

Just on the hour Stubbs introduced Cummings but surprisingly when the goal came it came from an unlikely source when Gunnarsson turned in a Henderson cross to give HIBS some hope

Cummings made it two with a header from a Boyle cross on 79 minutes but Queens held out after that

Hibs will rue their missed chances having 21 shots 11 on target they leave themselves a marathon task to get promotion a double header versus Raith then the winners playing Falkirk to see who plays the second bottom Premiership side

There is always the Scottish Cup I suppose?

Hibs Logan Gunnarsson Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson Fyvie Boyle Henderson McGinn Stokes and Keatings

Subs Cummings for Fyvie 63 McGeouch for Henderson 72 Dagnall for Keatings 81

Unused Oxley Gray Bartley McGregor

Att 9900

1/5/2010 Scottish League SPL Hearts H 1-2
    Stokes

1/5/2004 Scottish League SPL Dundee H 1-0
    Riordan

1/5/1999 Scottish League Division One Stranraer A 4-0
    Hartley
    Crawford
    Miller
    Lovell

1/5/1993 Scottish League Premier Division Motherwell H 1-0
    Michael Weir

1/5/1982 Scottish League Premier Division Celtic A 0-6

1/5/1974 Scottish League Division One Old Clyde A 1-1
    Harper

1/5/1965 Summer Cup Group 4

Hibernian 3 v 0 Hearts

Martin2
    Scott

Hibs kicked off their defence of the Summer Cup with a fine 3-0 win over a strong Hearts side in front of just over 13000 fans at Easter Road Hearts defended stoutly for the first hour but HIBS broke down Hearts stiff resistance with goals from Jim Scott and a double from Neil Martin

Hibs Wilson Simpson Davis Stanton McNamee Baxter Cormack Hamilton Scott Martin and Stevenson

Hearts Cruikshank Ferguson Holt Barry Anderson Polland Ford Hamilton White Wallace and Traynor

The Summer Cup may sound like an obscure trophy now but back in the days of little or no televised or foreign football coverage it was a prestigious trophy to win Most fans in bygone days only cared about the Scottish game

Over the bridge next to East End Park not a happy hunting ground for the men from Leith with it having been six seasons since they had tasted victory there but hoodoos are there to be broken and two fine solo efforts from the mercurial Willie Hamilton allowed that to happen as HIBS triumphed 2-1 Group topping HIBS then hosted Falkirk at Easter Road and the bairns gave a good account of themselves despite going down 3-2 thanks to goals from Cormack (pen) Scott and John Baxter

Things were certainly going well for the Hibees as they made the short trip to Tynecastle and left with a point in a 2-2 draw Cormack and Martin getting the goals in a tight even game Dunfermline then arrived at Easter Road looking for revenge and duly got it in the shape of a 2-1 win Martin scoring for HIBS his 33rd of the season

To qualify for the semi final HIBS had to win at Brockville and hope that the result between Hearts and Dunfermline worked out in their favour The first part was achieved thanks to goals from Cormack (pen)Stevenson and Jimmy O’Rourke the youngster earning his chance after scoring 25 goals in that seasons reserve League Thankfully for HIBS things went their way and they qualified to meet Motherwell in a two legged semi final the first being at Easter Road

Things looked promising for another trip to the final when the greens beat Motherwell 2-0 at Easter Road thanks to a couple of cracking goals from Peter Cormack and Eric Stevenson but four days later the Steelmen had reversed that score at the end of the regulation 90 minutes meaning the game went into extra time Sad to say that the wheels came off the bus for HIBS at this stage and despite two goals from Cormack ( pen ) and Quinn the hosts scored four more to win 6-2 and end the HIBS defence of the trophy

Hibs Historical Trust

www.fitbastats.com

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    more than welcome m8,thinking you may remember Frankie Meechan,Jimmy Young,John Slaven?😁
    Popped into the Horse a couple of years ago after a visit to The Royal
    Meechan was in wae his pal John Cummings
    Chewed the fat about the auld days drinking in the High Street/Canongate
    I went to a number of Wembleys with the Soothside boys
    Always jumped the rattler tae Kings Cross on the friday night
    Covent Garden boozers early sat morning
    Names
    The Pullars The Daly's, Tam Hoose, Tam and Albert Cannon et el
    Some crew !!

Meechan and T Cannon supported the HIbs when they were laddies
    Then they got the bus fares for Celtic Park !

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Names
    Some crew !!

I stayed next door to Tam Cannon in Broomhouse, my dad knew him well from the auld days before we moved there. My brother still stays in the hoose so Tam remains his neighbour. Some character; good guy though.

I remember Frankie very well. I used to sign him into Hibs Club for Celtc games. Good guy for a Celt!
    aye Frankie is sound drink with his son in law(Hibby).Frankie had a bad accident a couple of years ago,knocked down ,made a good recovery though,bombards me with fitba questions whenever he is in.🤣hopefully get some more from him soon.🤣

Names
    Some crew !!

your spot on regarding Meechan being a Hibby when younger,gets ripped for it all the time.🤣Assume you mean Wullie Daly,Terry and Michael? If so unfortunately Wullie and Michael are no longer with us.Cummings still pops into Horse every now and then.

Blog Entries
    Names
    Some crew !!

I remember bumping into you in London one time when you came off the train Mick, you probably don't!! We stayed in a hotel in Bloomsbury, not far from Cov Garden!
    Billy, sorry to hijack your great thread but I'm enjoying the Southside nostalgia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    your spot on regarding Meechan being a Hibby when younger,gets ripped for it all the time.��Assume you mean Wullie Daly,Terry and Michael? If so unfortunately Wullie and Michael are no longer with us.Cummings still pops into Horse every now and then.
    Aye I was very pally with Michael back in the 70s
    The Snuff Box, then Cheers
    Sad when he died so young
    I used to see Willie and Terry any time i popped into the Grapes
    My oldest grandson lives in Peffermill Road though not a big drinker he pops into the Horse sometimes for live fitba on the telly
    He is friendly with Brendan McCabe
    So he has been introduced to my old cohorts who go in there.
    I used to pal with Brendan's dad Gordon and travel to away games with him

Memories eh ?

Sorry for hijacking the thread
    Maybe have a Memories thread !

I remember bumping into you in London one time when you came off the train Mick, you probably don't!! We stayed in a hotel in Bloomsbury, not far from Cov Garden!
    Billy, sorry to hijack your great thread but I'm enjoying the Southside nostalgia!!
    Probably hungover or still bevvied
    One game at Wembley (73) me and big Alex Imlach (fae the southside) sneaked in to the dear seats.
    The Hibs team a few rows behind us resplendent in Hibs blazers
    I motioned to Sloop to give JOR a nudge
    He just blanked me.
    Not Sloop... James !!
    Dinnae blame him now
    I must have looked a mess after all the bevvy consumed since we left the High Street the night before
    Non stop !!

I do mind the rainbow bus to Celtic Park for another final we should have won against the Hun
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 01-05-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Nae bother!

Think I used to drink with Ian Urquhart in the Libby Inn good Hibby last time I saw him was in the Southsider.

Pubs seem a long time ago now

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Nae bother!

Think I used to drink with Ian Urquhart in the Libby Inn good Hibby last time I saw him was in the Southsider.

Pubs seem a long time ago now
    Cheers Billy
    There does appear to be a few on here of a certain vintage who have a lot in common regards old comrades from the past

Aye I was very pally with Michael back in the 70s
    The Snuff Box, then Cheers
    Sad when he died so young
    I used to see Willie and Terry any time i popped into the Grapes
    My oldest grandson lives in Peffermill Road though not a big drinker he pops into the Horse sometimes for live fitba on the telly
    He is friendly with Brendan McCabe
    So he has been introduced to my old cohorts who go in there.
    I used to pal with Brendan's dad Gordon and travel to away games with him

Memories eh ?

Sorry for hijacking the thread
    Maybe have a Memories thread !
    Like yourself i apologise if guilty of hijack.Drink with Brendan ,sit beside Gordon at Easter Road, Young Terry Daily sits beside us anaw. Everyone kens Brendan🤣 However as he is part of company i drink with perhaps ive met your grandson?Sure i played against your younger brother at primary school, St.Johns Portobello v St.Ignatious at warriston middle 60,s,remember Jimmy watching the game even after all these years.🤣
    Last edited by Fanforlife; 01-05-2020 at 02:33 PM.

2/5/2015 Scottish League Championship

Falkirk 0 v 3 Hibernian

Boyle
    Cummings
    Malonga

https://youtu.be/uuAJYAHZ1PE

Hibernian secured second place in the Championship and a Premiership playoff semifinal berth by beating Falkirk

Alan Stubbs’s side knew a win would guarantee them the runners up spot and took an early lead when Boyle intercepted a pass near halfway exchanged passes with Scott Allan before tucking safely home

Falkirk tried to bounce back and were unsuccessful with attempts from Tom Taiwo which took a deflection past the post and two headed attempts from John Baird and Craig Sibbald who had scored the Bairns winner in the recent Scottish Cup Semi Final at Hampden

Just before half time the Falkirk defence failed to clear a cross and Cummings calmly collected and rounded Jamie McDonald with ease before tapping home

HIBS lost Jordon Forster to an ankle injury early into the second half but it did not unsettle their rhythm and Dominic Malonga caught the Bairns defence up the park on 77 minutes as they chased a way back into the game to calmly take a Cummings pass in his stride to race clear and confidently place the ball beyond the advancing MacDonald to secure all three points

Hibs Oxley Forster Hanlon Fontaine Boyle Allan Robertson Craig Stevenson Cummings and Malonga

Subs Gray for Forster 48 Stanton for Boyle 72 Fyvie for Cummings 84

Unused Handling Dja Djedje Cerny and Martin

Att 7672

2/5/2012 Scottish League SPL

Aberdeen 1 v 2 Hibernian

Reynolds og
    OHanlon

https://youtu.be/pCimT9oH59A

Hibernian took a big step towards Scottish Premier League survival after victory over Aberdeen moved them five points clear of the relegation spot

Griffiths proved key when he drilled the ball across the six yard line for the unfortunate Mark Reynolds to deflect into his own net on seven minutes. HIBS were dominating and OHanlon flicked a header into the back of the net from a Griffiths corner to double the visitors’ advantage 10 minutes later

Aberdeen striker Scott Vernon volleyed home after Gavin Rae set him up with a header early into the second half but despite looking nervy HIBS survived a few narrow escapes and held on to take all three points

2/5/1998 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 2 Dundee United

Brebner

Failure to beat Dunfermline the week after the Hearts game was really the final straw for HIBS Even a creditable draw with Celtic, still short of blocking Rangers ten in a row, was no good as first Dunfermline and then Aberdeen both won crucial games to take them out of reach. Dundee United themselves had been sucked into the relegation battle and defeat here would have left them facing Rangers to guarantee survival

Hibs led for forty minutes after Brebners goal on the half hour but capitulated in the last twenty minutes to two late Kjell Olofsson strikes which came much against the run of play HIBS had all the possession but couldn’t deliver a second goal that might have sealed victory Looking at the final table it is that inability to win which did for us We didn’t concede the most goals nor lose the most matches nor throw more points away in draws We were equal scorers and we could only win six out of thirty six games that was the legacy Jim Duffy’s shambolic reign had left us we had just forgotten how to win

I do not think I have ever been so scunnered after a HIBS match sick to the pit of my stomach as the two late United goals went into the HIBS rigging leaving my wee boy in tears and shattering the hopes of the 13000 + HIBS fans in the late afternoon sunshine

As I said before being a HIBS fan it is the hope that kills you

I remember the Arab players and fans being delighted and almost apologetic at the final whistle

https://youtu.be/livwsk_BwDY

2/5/1992 Scottish League Premier Division

Celtic 1 v 2 Hibernian

Whyte og
    McGinlay

A relaxed HIBS travelled through to Parkhead for the last game of the season

Hibs had won the Skol League Cup that season qualifying automatically for Europe

This win would guarantee HIBS a fifth placed finish

HIBS took the lead through an early Derek Whyte own goal and doubled their lead on 64 minutes through Pat “Goals” McGinlay

Steve Fulton scored a late consolation goal for Celtic and at full time Paul McStay threw his top into the Jungle as a fairwell gesture but ended up staying

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 02-05-2021 at 09:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Tomorrow’s should be fun and I’m not Kidding :)
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

2/5/1998 Scottish League Premier Division

I do not think I have ever been so scunnered after a HIBS match sick to the pit of my stomach as the two late United goals went into the HIBS rigging leaving my wee boy in tears and shattering the hopes of the 13000 + HIBS fans in the late afternoon sunshine
    Like I said, some reports are more enjoyable than others.

I got so drunk afterwards that I was blacking out on the train back to Falkirk and woke up the next morning in my mate's spare room. His girlfriend told me afterwards that I was the most polite drunk she'd ever met!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Like I said, some reports are more enjoyable than others.

I got so drunk afterwards that I was blacking out on the train back to Falkirk and woke up the next morning in my mate's spare room. His girlfriend told me afterwards that I was the most polite drunk she'd ever met!
    Yip!

Just added in the goals to rub salt into the wounds

What was the hibs goalie doing for both goals?

Bryan Gunn I think ?

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Yip!

Just added in the goals to rub salt into the wounds

What was the hibs goalie doing for both goals?

Bryan Gunn I think ?
    What I mind of that day we were going along nicely winning 1-0 then Justin skinner got injured and we lost grip of the game when he went off. I was gutted for weeks then to make matters worse that lot won the cup. Not a good end to a season.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    What I mind of that day we were going along nicely winning 1-0 then Justin skinner got injured and we lost grip of the game when he went off. I was gutted for weeks then to make matters worse that lot won the cup. Not a good end to a season.
    Forgot about that ?

3/5/2014 Scottish League Premiership

Hibernian 1 v 1 Partick Thistle

Stanton

Michael Nelson sent off

3/5/2003 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 3 v 1 Aberdeen

Matty Jack

Riordan 2

3/5/2000 Scottish League SPL

Rangers 5 v 2 Hibernian

Lehmann

Miller

3/5/1994 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 0 Rangers

Keith Wright

The last ever match at Easter Road where fans stood on the Terracing

Rangers could win the league by avoiding defeat Results elsewhere meant that Rangers won the title in any case

3/5/1986 Scottish League Premier Division

Cowan pen

Dundee 2 v 0 Hearts

Kidd 2

I remember being one of the 3500 that rocked up to Easter Road that sunny afternoon for a run of the mill end of the season league game versus Dundee United my heart full of dread for the night that lay ahead as a confident but unknown to me virus ridden Hearts team headed to Dens Park only needing ONE point to lift the Premiership

I was in my usual position in the old North Enclosure downhill end when the ball went out for a throw in for United beside us late into the second half. As the United player was wrestling with the bouncing ball trying to take a quick throw in Albert Kidd was spinning in the Hearts box scooping a loose bouncing ball from a Dundee corner high into the top of the Hearts net The ructions started in the North Wing Stand above me next thing I know complete strangers were jumping on me shouting “Dundee have scored” This went all around the ground spreading to the East which turned into an audible roar as if a goal had just been scored The United player about to take the throw in hesitated as if there was something he was missing giving the Ref a quick glance before carrying on with his throw in

This phantom roar was to be repeated a second time minutes later as Albert Kidd sasheyed deep into the Hearts box completing a one two with ex Hibby Graeme Harvey before burying the ball with great aplomb past a disconsolate Henry Smith who never had a save to make in the whole of the first half now found himself picking the ball out of the net for a second time his and Hearts’ title dreams lying in tatters

The immortal memory

https://youtu.be/iTEgsQz-Muw

Match highlights

https://youtu.be/UCjEsN4E85s

Craig Levein finally getting a medal

https://youtu.be/-T7NB-wS4WM

3/5/1980 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 0 v 5 Aberdeen

Hibs were relegated Eddie Turnbull had resigned and Willie Ormond now took charge

At least there were two happy Hibees Gordon Strachan and Aberdeen Assistant Manager Pat Stanton as an unstoppable Aberdeen side won the league

3/5/1958 Scottish League Division One Old

Clyde 2 v 1 Hibernian

Baker

Starting to become a bogey team after beating us in the Cup Final

3/5/1947 Scottish League Division One Old

Partick Thistle 0 v 2 Hibernian

Combe

Ormond

Hibs finished second in this season but good times were just around the corner

Birthdays

Gordon Rae

Gordon Hunter

Martin Henderson

Hibernian On This Day. Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 03-05-2021 at 05:11 AM.

4/5/2016 Premiership Playoffs QF Leg1

Raith Rovers 1 v 0 Hibernian

4/5/2008 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 0 v 0 Rangers

4/5/1997 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 3 Celtic

Power

4/5/1996 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 0 Partick Thistle

Darren Jackson

4/5/1991 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 3 v 0 Dunfermline Athletic

W Miller
    McGinlay
    Findlay

4/5/1988 Scottish League Premier Division

Aberdeen 0 v 2 Hibernian

Kane
    Tortolano

Pretty sure this is the game where the much maligned Joe Joe Super Joe came off the bench and scored a cracker to seal the points

4/5/1985 Scottish League Premier Division

Morton 1 v 2 Hibernian

Kane
    Rice pen

4/5/1963 Scottish League Division One old

Hearts 3 v 3 Hibernian

Jim Scott 2
    John Fraser

Hibs were in deep relegation trouble Tynecastle had not been a very happy stamping ground for HIBS in recent years and when half time brought with it a 2-0 deficit that trend seemed set to continue In a stirring second half however during which HIBS lost Willie Toner with a dislocated shoulder the ten men from Easter Road came storming back and eventually drew 3-3 thanks to goals from Scott (2) and Fraser. Late in the game with the scores tied the Hearts keeper Gordon Marshall pulled off a wonder save to deny Fraser his second and Hibs’ fourth but at least a vital point was saved and HIBS lived to fight another day and things got even better when the news filtered through that Celtic had defeated Clyde

4/5/1946 Victory Cup R2

Hibernian 3 v 1 Hearts

Weir 2
    Peat

Att: 40000

4/5/1895 Scottish League Division Two old

Hibernian 9 v 1 Renton

Martin 4
    Howie 4
    Murray

Saturday 4th May was the vitally important penultimate 2nd division match versus Renton who had done very well in reaching the Scottish Cup Final this season If Hibernian could win this match they would once again be Champions and win it they did in fine style by no fewer than nine goals to one with the following team: James McGinn Bobby Neill Thomas McFarlane Barney Breslin James “ Judge” Murphy Paddy Smith Pat Murray John Kennedy Allan Martin William Smith and Alexander Howie

One newspaper said “ Hibernian are the third best team in Scotland “ while another could not understand this asking “ who are the first and second please?”

Birthdays

Sir David Peter Gray

The Making of Hibernian: The Brave Years. Alan Lugton

At Easter Road They Play John Campbell

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 06-05-2021 at 08:22 PM.

Blog Entries
    4/5/2016 Premiership Playoffs QF Leg1

Raith Rovers 1 v 0 Hibernian

This game probably best remembered for Jases’ miss underneath the posts despite more missed chances and penalty claims it was on to Easter Road to fight another day

Hibernian 0 v 0 Rangers

Hibernian 1 v 3 Celtic

Power

Darren Jackson

W Miller
    McGinlay
    Findlay

4/5/1988 Scottish League Premier Division

Aberdeen 0 v 2 Hibernian

Kane
    Tortolano

Pretty sure this is the game where the much maligned Joe Joe Super Joe came off the bench and scored a cracker to seal the points

4/5/1985 Scottish League Premier Division

Morton 1 v 2 Hibernian

Kane
    Rice pen

4/5/1963 Scottish League Division One old

Hearts 3 v 3 Hibernian

Jim Scott 2
    John Fraser

Hibs were in deep relegation trouble Tynecastle had not been a very happy stamping ground for HIBS in recent years and when half time brought with it a 2-0 deficit that trend seemed set to continue In a stirring second half during which HIBS lost Willie Toner with a dislocated shoulder the ten men from Easter Road came storming back and eventually drew 3-3 thanks to goals from Scott (2) and Fraser. Late in the game with the scores tied the Hearts keeper Gordon Marshall pulled off a wonder save to deny Fraser his second and Hibs’ fourth but at least a vital point was saved and HIBS lived to fight another day and things got even better when the news filtered through that Celtic had defeated Clyde

4/5/1946 Victory Cup R2

Hibernian 3 v 1 Hearts

Weir 2
    Peat

Att: 40000

4/5/1895 Scottish League Division Two old

Hibernian 9 v 1 Renton

Martin 4
    Howie 4
    Murray

Saturday 4th May was the vitally important penultimate 2nd division match versus Renton who had done very well in reaching the Scottish Cup Final this season If Hibernian could win this match they would once again be Champions and win it they did in fine style by no fewer than nine goals to one with the following team: James McGinn Bobby Neill Thomas McFarlane Barney Breslin James “ Judge” Murphy Paddy Smith Pat Murray John Kennedy Allan Martin William Smith and Alexander Howie

One newspaper said “ Hibernian are the third best team in Scotland “ while another could not understand this asking “ who are the first and second please?”

Birthdays

Sir David Peter Gray

The Making of Hibernian: The Brave Years. Alan Lugton

At Easter Road They Play John Campbell

www.fitbastats.com
    Was the Jason miss, I assume when he hit the bar from almost on the goal line, not in the earlier league game? Reason it sticks in my mind is if JC had scored, & everything else remained the same, we would have been 2nd in league & avoided 1st play off games. I could be completely wrong though!! 😁

Hibernian 0 v 0 Rangers
    23 - Rangers.jpg

Hibernian 1 v 3 Celtic

Power
    21 - Celtic.jpg

Darren Jackson
    23 - Partick Thistle.jpg

W Miller
    McGinlay
    Findlay
    18 - Dunfermline.jpg
    I always enjoy these posts and looking back at games that I've been at, my memory is nowhere as good as it used to be but this is a great way to help remember. Thanks I've added images of the home games for interest.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw.

Was the Jason miss, I assume when he hit the bar from almost on the goal line, not in the earlier league game? Reason it sticks in my mind is if JC had scored, & everything else remained the same, we would have been 2nd in league & avoided 1st play off games. I could be completely wrong though!! ��
    Yip you might be correct brog

In this game Cummings lobbed over the bar when clean through after being sent through by McGinn with a superb ball over the top Cummings also headed over the bar from close range

I think the miss I was referring to came in a night League game that was played on a terrible surface he was right under the posts and missed when it was easier to score

There is also this miss but not it either then again might be?

Good to see someone is paying attention

https://youtu.be/CVTadXo5ocw
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 04-05-2020 at 10:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    Yip you might be correct brog

In this game Cummings lobbed over the bar when clean through after being sent through by McGinn with a superb ball over the top Cummings also headed over the bar from close range

I think the miss I was referring to came in a night League game that was played on a terrible surface he was right under the posts and missed when it was easier to score

There is also this miss but not it either then again might be?

Good to see someone is paying attention

https://youtu.be/CVTadXo5ocw
    Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of Billy. Was in the league game in March, think Dagnall also hit post in last minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I always enjoy these posts and looking back at games that I've been at, my memory is nowhere as good as it used to be but this is a great way to help remember. Thanks I've added images of the home games for interest.
    Brilliant!

Blog Entries
    Just remembering that latter part of the 2015/16 season & realising just what an amazing result our cup replay win at ICT was. After being on a fantastic run, I think 1 loss in 28 or so, we had lost 3 league games in a row & had been robbed in the LC final only 3 days earlier. Tremendous courage & character from the team. Even the win at Raith, which seemed fairly routine at the time, now looks much better in hindsight given we lost on our next 2 visits to Starks Park! The stars aligned in 2016.
    PS, Kudos also to Livvy, relegated to D1 in 2016 & now 5th in top flight.

Just remembering that latter part of the 2015/16 season & realising just what an amazing result our cup replay win at ICT was. After being on a fantastic run, I think 1 loss in 28 or so, we had lost 3 league games in a row & had been robbed in the LC final only 3 days earlier. Tremendous courage & character from the team. Even the win at Raith, which seemed fairly routine at the time, now looks much better in hindsight given we lost on our next 2 visits to Starks Park! The stars aligned in 2016.
    PS, Kudos also to Livvy, relegated to D1 in 2016 & now 5th in top flight.
    Yip gave themselves an uphill marathon struggle could have done without that play off versus Raith Rovers if we had only scored 4 versus QOS at home or punished teams more when we had the upper hand throughout the course of the season

As you say we had all the extra League Cup games as well and were unlucky in the Final The team were excellent up at Inverness Stokesy played well for once and we had to hang on with a rookie goalie The very least we deserved was a Scottish Cup win in which Stokes was excellent
    Kudos to Livingston IIRC they had to do it the hard way and have not looked out of place
    Shame about their rotten pitch and poor fan base

5/5/2019 Scottish League Premiership The Rangers A 0-1

5/5/2018 Scottish League Premiership Aberdeen A 0-0

5/5/2010 Scottish League SPL

Motherwell 6 v 6 Hibernian

Nish 3

Stokes 2

Riordan

Hibs took the lead after a flowing move in the 11th minute when Nish converted David Wotherspoon’s low cross from close range but Motherwell were level in the 16th minute. Jutkiewicz beat Ian Murray inside the box and cut the ball across the face of goal for Giles Coke to smash home his first goal for the club

Hibernian took just four minutes to regain the lead when Nish’s scuffed shot from eight yards squeezed under John Ruddy’s body HIBS moved further ahead when a slack passback by Coke was seized upon by Riordan who rounded Ruddy and although pushed wide managed to squeeze the ball home from a tight angle

Nish completed his hat-trick in the 36th minute the former Kilmarnock striker slid Riordan’s low cross into the bottom corner which prompted some Motherwell fans to head for the exits but their team pulled a goal back in the 39th minute when Sutton headed Jim O’Brien’s right wing cross into the bottom corner

Motherwell’s hopes of a comeback were undone in the 56th minute as Stokes stroked home at the far post and he grabbed his second in the 65th minute when he diverted Riordan’s driven cross home at the near post

The home side maintained the scoring rate two minutes later when Coke redeemed himself by netting a rebound after O’Brien’s 25 yard drive had cannoned off the post before the goals tally moved into double figures in the 72nd minute when Smith fumbled Hateley’s inswinging free-kick over his line

Sutton then reduced the deficit to one as he towered above the HIBS defence to head home O’Brien’s corner Motherwell then got a penalty in the 87th minute when Smith was adjudged to have brought down Jutkiewicz in the box but he redeemed himself diving to his left to parry away Forbes’ effort

The scoring was not finished however when in the second minute of injury time Jutkiewicz latched on to a long ball and unleashed a worldy volley from an acute angle into Smith’s faraway top corner

Not an ideal result from a HIBS point of view at the time it felt like a kick in the nuts and three points definitely lost rather than a point gained On the bright side we were part of one of the best games ever in the SPL the highest aggregate score and even better we ended up finishing fourth and qualifying for Europe thanks to an excellent away win at Dundee United and a double from Colin Nish four days later

Hibs Smith Thicot Hanlon Hogg Murray Wotherspoon Rankin Miller Nish Riordan and Stokes

Subs McBride for Riordan Benjelloun for Stokes

Att 6241

https://youtu.be/bQvQEFczWis

Full match

https://youtu.be/RRU3KWSaPjs

5/5/2007 Scottish League SPL Kilmarnock H 0-1

5/5/2004 Scottish League SPL Partick Thistle H 1-2

Murdock

5/5/1990 Scottish League Premier Division Dunfermline Athletic A 1-1

Kano

5/5/1984 Scottish League Premier Division Aberdeen A 2-2

McGachie
    Rice

Att 17268

Hibs were excellent on the day that Aberdeen unfurled the League flag at Pittodrie

John McGachie raced clear to put HIBS 1-0 up and score his first goal for the club a player we had signed from Aberdeen.

Brian ‘Chipper’ Rice then put HIBS 0-2 up with a glorious free-kick to upset the Aberdeen title party

Going into the closing stages with HIBS leading 2-1 Alan Rough was severely impeded by Porteous in the box for the Aberdeen equaliser the HIBS protests were ignored by Referee Ian Foote

Hibs Rough McKee Schaedler Sneddon Rae Blackley Callachan Jamieson Irvine Rice and McGachie

5/5/1980 Scottish League Premier Division Partick Thistle H 0-1

Att 1191

Hibs were relegated this season the end of the Eddie Turnbull era

5/5/1965 Summer Cup Group 4 Dunfermline Athletic A 2-1

Hamilton 2

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 05-05-2021 at 07:08 AM.

5/5/2019 Scottish League Premiership The Rangers A 0-1

5/5/2018 Scottish League Premiership Aberdeen A 0-0

5/5/2010 Scottish League SPL

Motherwell 6 v 6 Hibernian

Nish 3

Stokes 2

Riordan

Hibs took the lead after a flowing move in the 11th minute when Nish converted David Wotherspoon’s low cross from close range but Motherwell were level in the 16th minute. Jutkiewicz beat Ian Murray inside the box and cut the ball across the face of goal for Giles Coke to smash home his first goal for the club

Hibernian took just four minutes to regain the lead when Nish’s scuffed shot from eight yards squeezed under John Ruddy’s body HIBS moved further ahead when a slack passback by Coke was seized upon by Riordan who rounded Ruddy and although pushed wide managed to squeeze the ball home from a tight angle

Nish completed his hat-trick in the 36th minute the former Kilmarnock striker slid Riordan’s low cross into the bottom corner which prompted some Motherwell fans to head for the exits but their team pulled a goal back in the 39th minute when Sutton headed Jim O’Brien’s right wing cross into the bottom corner

Motherwell’s hopes of a comeback were undone in the 56th minute as Stokes stroked home at the far post and he grabbed his second in the 65th minute when he diverted Riordan’s driven cross home at the near post

The home side maintained the scoring rate two minutes later when Coke redeemed himself by netting a rebound after O’Brien’s 25 yard drive had cannoned off the post before the goals tally moved into double figures in the 72nd minute when Smith fumbled Hateley’s inswinging free-kick over his line

Sutton then reduced the deficit to one as he towered above the HIBS defence to head home O’Brien’s corner Motherwell then got a penalty in the 87th minute when Smith was adjudged to have brought down Jutkiewicz in the box but he redeemed himself diving to his left to parry away Forbes’ effort

The scoring was not finished however when in the second minute of injury time Jutkiewicz latched on to a long ball and unleashed a worldy volley from an acute angle into Smith’s faraway top corner

Not an ideal result from a HIBS point of view at the time it felt like a kick in the nuts and three points definitely lost rather than a point gained On the bright side we were part of one of the best games ever in the SPL the highest aggregate score and even better we ended up finishing fourth and qualifying for Europe thanks to an excellent away win at Dundee United and a double from Colin Nish four days later

Hibs Smith Thicot Hanlon Hogg Murray Wotherspoon Rankin Miller Nish Riordan and Stokes

Subs McBride for Riordan Benjelloun for Stokes

Att 6241

https://youtu.be/bQvQEFczWis

Full match

https://youtu.be/RRU3KWSaPjs

5/5/2007 Scottish League SPL Kilmarnock H 0-1

5/5/2004 Scottish League SPL Partick Thistle H 1-2

Murdock

5/5/1990 Scottish League Premier Division Dunfermline Athletic A 1-1

Kano

5/5/1984 Scottish League Premier Division Aberdeen A 2-2

McGachie
    Rice

Att 17268

Hibs were excellent on the day that Aberdeen unfurled the League flag at Pittodrie

John McGachie raced clear to put HIBS 1-0 up and score his first goal for the club a player we had signed from Aberdeen. Alan Rough was impeded by Porteous in the box for the Aberdeen equaliser the HIBS protests ignored by Referee Ian Foote
    Aberdeen then went 2-1 up before Brian Rice pulled one back to equalise for HIBS

5/5/1980 Scottish League Premier Division Partick Thistle H 0-1

Att 1191

Hibs were relegated this season the end of the Eddie Turnbull era

5/5/1965 Summer Cup Group 4 Dunfermline Athletic A 2-1

Hamilton 2

www.fitbastats.com
    Thanks again for another day in this great thread! However, the scoring sequence in the Dons gemme isn't right. Hibs were 2 up at ht (brilliant free kick from Rice). They equalised in injury time; as you say, Rough was fouled (if memory serves me correct one or possibly two Dons sat on him while they put the ball in the net!).

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Rough was fouled (if memory serves me correct one or possibly two Dons sat on him while they put the ball in the net!).
    Willie Miller should have given a foul to Hibs in that incident.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk