hibs.net Messageboard

Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At least we were put out of our misery early that day
    Remember that clearly. Eric Black was a great header of the ball. Seemed to hang in the air like a salmon.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Remember that clearly. Eric Black was a great header of the ball. Seemed to hang in the air like a salmon.
    We missed Gordon Rae who I think was suspended? Another League Cup where we knocked out Celtic & Rangers and still couldn't win the thing!

Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    We missed Gordon Rae who I think was suspended? Another League Cup where we knocked out Celtic & Rangers and still couldn't win the thing!

A lot of our team were really young and they seemed intimidated by Aberdeen.

I think it was Alex McLeish that told the story about both teams waiting in the tunnel before the match and he yelled "Come on!"... and half the Hibs players jumped out their skin.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    A lot of our team were really young and they seemed intimidated by Aberdeen.

I think it was Alex McLeish that told the story about both teams waiting in the tunnel before the match and he yelled "Come on!"... and half the Hibs players jumped out their skin.
    Aye.....Aberdeen were a really good team back then. Was my first Hibs final and it was over before we got started.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Hibernian View Post
    And 35 years since the Aberdeen League Cup Final - even more Wow!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I travelled up overnight from Southampton for that one, the journey was more fun than the game. Middle of the Road provided the pre-match entertainment. Oh Soley Soley.....
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    Aye.....Aberdeen were a really good team back then. Was my first Hibs final and it was over before we got started.
    It was my first final too. One of my mates lived in Glasgow so we went through for a day/night out the day before and I managed to spend most of my £196 monthly salary which, being paid on the last Friday of the month, was sitting in my account just asking for trouble.

Luckily my bank manager was a hibee so he was sympathetic to my plea for an overdraft when I called on the Monday. I don't think I've been in credit since.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Went to a Bar behind the Rangers end before the Aberdeen game full of Sheep and this old Aberdeen fan spotting our HIBS scarves came across to us and said “ Enjoy your day oot boys “

On the way back we asked the Supporters Bus to drop us off at the Chesser Inn

We walked in and Willie Allan said to us “ Sorry boys no colours” George Stewart appeared behind him still wearing his HIBS blazer and said it’s ok Willie

He started talking about the old days with HIBS one of them when Arthur Duncan scored the own goal versus Der Hun he turned to George and said “ Sorry George” George Stewart said he told him not to worry about it but felt like knocking his block off

Another big game on Saturday

GGTTH

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    What I remember about the Aberdeen LC final was the way the supporters just started singing out Hibs songs at full blast in the last 10 mins. We were well beaten but weren't gonna let it get us down. We did a similar thing at the end of the Celtic SC final in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

26/10/2012 Scottish League SPL

Motherwell 0 v 4 Hibernian

Wotherspoon
    Griffiths 2 pens
    Handling

https://youtu.be/Ox877MEAPb0

The replayed fixture of Pat Fenlon’s abandoned debut

Hibs get away with one

We lost the replayed game 4-3. This was the season after I'm pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    We lost the replayed game 4-3. This was the season after I'm pretty sure
    👍🏿

22/2/2012

The match shown was the first time they had played on a Friday night since the abandoned Friday night game

Well spotted I should have checked

Well done

👍🏿

22/2/2012

The match shown was the first time they had played on a Friday night since the abandoned Friday night game

Well spotted I should have checked

Well done
    Strange game that 4-0. Genuinely could've lost it on another night. Funny old game.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    What I remember about the Aberdeen LC final was the way the supporters just started singing out Hibs songs at full blast in the last 10 mins. We were well beaten but weren't gonna let it get us down. We did a similar thing at the end of the Celtic SC final in 2013.
    There will be someone telling you that these acts of defiance and support were Hibs fans accepting mediocrity.

Strange game that 4-0. Genuinely could've lost it on another night. Funny old game.
    Yip

No like us these things normally go against us

Motherwell effort on goal well over the line ...play on

Hibs player pulled down outside the box....penalty

What comes around comes around

Thank god no VAR

1991 was a wonderful day.

Through to Hampden to see Hibs win the League Cup and back to Edinburgh in time to see the cup being paraded en route to a Wolfsbane gig in a sweat-soaked phone box. Definitely the way to celebrate a birthday.

I'd do it all again, minus the mosh pit (old age is a bugger).
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Any Lancashire Hibbys remember the bus home after the Skol Cup Final 91??
    It seemed to go very well I recall 🤭🤫🤥

28/10/2017 Scottish League Premiership

Motherwell 0 v 1 Hibernian

Boyle 27

https://youtu.be/9c9fzbasPjY

Hibs Rocky Whittaker Hanlon Stevenson Ambrose Bartley McGinn McGeouch Barker Murray and Boyle

Subs Shaw Slivka Big Dave

Att 6000

28/10/2003 Scottish League Cup Round 3

Hibernian 2 v 1 Queen Of The South

Riordan 2

Hibs managed to squeeze past Queens to face Celtic in the quarterfinals despite making this tie more difficult for themselves than it actually was

Hibs took the lead after 10 minutes when Brian Reid failed to cut out an innocuous looking ball into the box the ball fell to Derek Riordan who made no such mistake controlling the ball with his first touch and sticking it past Colin Scott with his second. 12 minutes later HIBS added a second when Garry O’Connor rose between two defenders and headed the ball down into the path of Riordan who selected his spot and gave Scott no chance

HIBS failed to add to their lead but came close on several occasions but were made to sweat on the 90 th minute when Colin Murdock pulled down a Queens player in the box and was sent off for a second bookable offence. Alex Burke duly dispatched the spot kick past Andersson

With the clock ticking down Queens were only able to manage one last almighty stramash in the HIBS box with several having chances that were blocked and thankfully the danger was eventually cleared

Hibs Andersson Orman Murdock Doumbe Edge McManus Brebner Murray Glass O’Connor and Riordan

Subs Reid Whittaker

Att 7613

28/10/2000 Scottish League SPL

Dundee United 0 v 1 Hibernian

Tam McManus

A goal from substitute Tam McManus seals all three points

28/10/1995 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 2 v 0 Kilmarnock

Wright
    O’Neill

28/10/1972 Scottish League Division One Old

Dumbarton 2 v 2 Hibernian

Hibs took a first half lead through Arthur Duncan. Second half goals from Tom McAdam and Willie Wallace turned this game on its head and it was left to Alan Gordon with a late equaliser to salvage a point

Jim McArthur made his debut in this game

Hibs McArthur Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Edwards O’Rourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan

Att 8252

28/10/1970 Inter Cities Fairs Cup Round 2 Leg 2

Vitoria Guimares 2 v 1 Hibernian ( Agg 2-3)

Graham

In a game played in boiling heat Guimares very quickly wiped out HIBS’ two goal first leg lead with goals from Goncalves and Ademir HIBS totally dominated the second half however and Johnny Graham put HIBS ahead in the tie when he headed home Joe McBride’s free kick in the 75th minute

The winners would play Liverpool

Hibs Baines Shevlane Schaedler Blackley Black Stanton Hamilton McBride Graham Hunter and Duncan

Subs Davidson Blair

Att 5700

28/10/1967 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 5 v 0 Airdrieonians

Stein 3
    Cormack
    Keenan og

Colin Stein scores his first hat-trick for HIBS

28/10/1950 Scottish League Cup Final

Hibernian 0 v 3 Motherwell

Hibs having defeated Motherwell 6-2 two weeks previously had every right to feel confident but it was not to be They say one week is a long time in football two weeks is even longer and Motherwell mindful of that defeat sat in and let HIBS attack. HIBS however were without the injured Eddie Turnbull. Willie Ormond now taking his place in the engine room with debutante James Bradley out on the left wing

Just when it looked as though a replay would be required Motherwell inspired by exhibee Johnny Aitkenhead struck in 75 minutes when Kelly opened the scoring Three minutes later Forrest added a second and a miskick by Younger allowed Watters in to add a third

The Hampden Hoodoo had struck again

HIBS Younger Govan Ogilvie Buchanan Paterson Combe Smith Johnstone Reilly Ormond and Bradley

Att 63181

28/10/1889 Scottish League First Division

Hibernian 1 v 0 Hearts

Handling

Hamilton Handling gave the green jerseys a 1-0 victory A second goal was disallowed as Hibernian took command. Hearts’ anxiety led to incidents of the ungentlemanly type which scarcely reflected to their credit Five Hibernians were crippled It was however a most welcome victory the Hibernian players were congratulated by all hands and the cheering was loud and long

The league double was completed at Tynecastle on Saturday 25th November and after Hearts took the lead Hamilton Handling destroyed them with a hat-trick to give the Irishmen a great victory. Hibernian eventually took third place in the League finishing a point ahead of Hearts

Birthdays:

John Ogilvie RIP

Lawrie Reilly RIP

Mattias Doumbe

Franck Sauzee

The Making Of Hibernian The Brave Years Alan Lugton

In Colours Green and White John Campbell

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 28-10-2020 at 05:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Any Lancashire Hibbys remember the bus home after the Skol Cup Final 91??
    It seemed to go very well I recall 🤭🤫🤥
    Where did that one break down Duane, there's so many to pick from? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Where did that one break down Duane, there's so many to pick from? 😂
    Hamilton services
    Lancaster & Darwen
    I got a hat trick that day 😉🇳🇬

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hamilton services
    Lancaster & Darwen
    I got a hat trick that day 😉🇳🇬
    Not another bus running out of fuel ⛽😂😂

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Happy birthday Franck

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    23/10/2010 Scottish League SPL

Aberdeen 4 v 2 Hibernian

Nish 63
    Bamba 91

Colin Calderwood’s first game in charge against a rejuvenated Aberdeen side

Maguire, Vernon 2 and Hartley (penalty) scored for the Dons

23/10/2006 Scottish League SPL

Dunfermline 0 v 4 Hibernian

Sproule 44
    Killen 62,90
    Benji 89

Tony Mowbray had left the building and Mark Proctor took his troops over the bridge for this Monday night fixture HIBS threatened to run riot but Dorus De Vries in the Pars goal kept the Hibees out performing heroics

HIBS broke his resistance on 44 minutes when Ivan Sproule accepted Chris Killen’s pass to lob the goalkeeper and settle the fans’ nerves going into the second half

Sproule returned the compliment on 62 minutes when he set up Chris Killen after a trademark mazy run Michael Stewart then drilled a shot off the crossbar before substitute Benji confirmed the points when he fired home a pass from fellow country man Zemmama. Chris Killen then rose to head home a Zemmama corner to complete a miserable night for Dunfermline

Hibs Zibi Whittaker Martis Jones Murphy Sproule Zemmama Killen S Brown Thomson and Stewart

Subs Glass Benji Shields

Att 6057

23/10/1999 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 5 v 2 Dundee

Miller 31
    Latapy 40 79
    Sauzee 63
    Lehmann 90

Only HIBS’ second win of the season their last being against Dundee but would prove to be the catalyst that would kickstart their season

https://youtu.be/QNPm56VnfX0

Hibs: Gottskalksson Smith Hack Dennis Dempsie Sauzee Brebner Latapy McGinlay Paatelainen and Miller

Subs Hartley Lehmann

Att 10160

23/10/1982 Scottish League Premier Division

Rangers 3 v 2 Hibernian

Gary Murray 2

Derek Johnstone 2 and Jackie McNamara og were the Rangers scorers Ralph Callachan missed a second half penalty

Derek Rodier came on to replace Jim McArthur who took a knock on the eye and King Arthur went in goal

Hibs also had a third goal disallowed for offside in this match

Another hard luck story but interesting stat from the club that don’t do walking away Att: 16240

Hibs McArthur Sneddon Duncan McNamara Rae Turnbull Callachan Conroy Irvine Thomson and Murray

Sub:Rodier

23/10/1976 Scottish League Premier Division

Ayr United 2 v 3 Hibernian

Brownlie pen
    Smith
    Duncan

A real humdinger of a match and HIBS finally secured their first win of the season thanks to the heroics of Mike McDonald in goal

This match ebbed and flowed John Brownlie scored from the spot after Willie Murray was pulled down in the box Bobby Smith scored the second from the edge of the box and Arthur Duncan’s second half glancing header sealed the win

Johnny Graham penalty and Alex Ingram replied for Ayr Mike McDonald saved a late Johnny Graham penalty as Ayr pushed for an equaliser

HIBS McDonald Brownlie Schaedler Bremner Stewart Blackley Murray Edwards Scott Smith and Duncan

Subs Muir Paterson

Att 4500

23/10/1974 UEFA Cup Round 2 Leg 1

Hibernian 2 v 4 Juventus

Stanton 58
    Cropley 64

One of the great European nights at Easter Road- HIBS actually led 2-1 - and probably the first time my green tinted eyes actually noticed an opposition player JOSE ALTAFINI- what a player!

Claudio Gentile opened the scoring just before half time

Stanton a header from a Brownlie cross and Cropley - a tap in when a lob on goal was headed onto the underside of his own crossbar by a Juve defender- gave HIBS the lead then the Italians brought on the ageing grey haired 36 year old striker.

Lightning quick HIBS could not cope he scored one made one for Cuccureddu and added a second

Alan Gordon once told me that when the ball was up the other end of the park Gentile would pull the wee hairs out of the back of his legs and do other illegal things to wind him up

This was the middle of a bad week for HIBS and they had a League Cup Final on the Saturday

HIBS McArthur Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Spalding Blackley Edwards Cropley Harper Gordon and Duncan

Att 29000

Q. What country did Jose Altafini represent?

23/10/1971 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 6 v 0 Falkirk

Duncan 4
    Auld
    Hamilton

Hibs get their revenge on Falkirk for knocking us out of the League Cup Quarter Final with this emphatic victory a personal best for King Arthur

23/10/1965 Scottish League Division One

St Mirren 0 v 2 Hibernian

Davis pen
    J Stevenson

23/10/1962 Inter Cities Fairs Cup Round 1 Leg 2

KB Copenhagen 2 v 3 Hibernian ( Agg: 2-7)

Byrne 33
    M Stevenson 47 63

23/10/1948 Scottish League Division One Old

Partick Thistle 2 v 6 Hibernian

Turnbull
    Cuthbertson
    Aitkenhead
    Linwood
    Smith 2

HIBS go top of the League as Rangers lose 2-0 to Hearts at Tiny

23/10/1886 Scottish Cup Round 3

Hibernian 5 v 1 Hearts

HIBS would win the Scottish Cup in this season defeating Dumbarton in the final at Hampden Park

Birthdays:

Pat Carroll

Pele

In Colours Green and White John Campbell

Martin Igoe

www.fitbastats.com
    Hibs supporters singing Willie Miller yer a ****** at the Dundee game? Probably too young back then to realise any animosity, why was that?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Hibs supporters singing Willie Miller yer a ****** at the Dundee game? Probably too young back then to realise any animosity, why was that?
    Left us when we got relegated and signed for Dundee.

29/10/2016 Scottish League Championship

Hibernian 2 v 0 St Mirren

Boyle 8
    Holt 34

Martin Boyle fired HIBS ahead against bottom club St Mirren when he had the presence of mind to chip Andrew Shinnie’s inch perfect pass over the advancing Jamie Langfield HIBS increased their lead after 34 minutes when St Mirren failed to clear their lines Boyle nodded the ball into the path of Grant Holt who fired home from 16 yards

With 15 minutes of the match remaining Langfield saved a Grant Holt penalty

Hibs Rocky Hanlon Fontaine McGregor Gray McGinn Fyvie Stevenson Holt Boyle and Shinnie

Subs Bartley Graham Harris

Att 14500

29/10/2005 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 2 v 0 Hearts

Beuzelin
    O’Connor

https://youtu.be/icIBnZkFjXg

Hearts were flying high at the top of the League and their fans were singing “We are unbeatable” in the South Stand Crucially George Burley had fallen out with Vladimir Romanov and had resigned from his post

Two second half goals from Guillaume Beuzelin and Garry O’Connor and a sending off for Jankauskas ensured that Hearts were no longer unbeatable

Hibs: Zibi Caldwell Murphy Hogg Rudge Brown Beuzelin Stewart Thomson O’Connor and Riordan

Subs Smith Sproule and Shiels

Att 17181

29/10/1994 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 2 v 1 Hearts

Jackson
    O’Neill

Hibs Leighton Miller Love Beaumont Tweed Tortolano Weir Hamilton Findlay Jackson and O’Neill

Subs Evans Harper

Att 13600

https://youtu.be/OTrhER9QJD4

29/10/1988 Scottish League Premier Division

Hamilton Academicals 0 v 3 Hibernian

Archibald
    Collins
    McCluskey pen

29/10/1960 Hibernian 4 v 3 St Mirren

Kinloch 3
    Ormond

Hibs recorded their first league win of the season with this barnstorming battle of the Baker boys in a tense match

Bobby Kinloch grabbed a hat-trick Ormond a single Ex Hibee John Frye, Gerry Baker and Miller replied for Saints

Hibs led 3-0 at half-time

Hibs Simpson Fraser McClelland Hughes Easton Baird MacLeod Kinloch Baker Preston and Ormond

Att 9000

29/10/1949 Scottish League Division One

Celtic 2 v 2 Hibernian

This was the first game the Famous Five had played against Old Firm opposition in Glasgow

Hibs were cruising with goals from Reilly and Smith but out of the blue Celtic pulled one back with a deflected shot from McPhail that sent Younger the wrong way and a last minute header from Evans to send their fans into raptures of delight

29/10/1904 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 3 v 0 Hearts

Bernard Donaghy 2
    Duncan McLean

Saturday 29th October 1904 was a big test for Paddy Donaghy and Hibernian in a league match against high-flying bitter rivals Hearts at the Holy Ground. Hibernian surprised everyone including themselves by upsetting all the odds and demolishing Hearts by three goals to nil...’ shots from every angle rained in on the Hearts goal...’ and two of them from Paddy Donaghy and one from McLean did the damage all in the first half.

Birthdays:

David Farrell

Chris Jackson

Q. For what team was Birthday Boy Chris Jackson playing when he scored one of the goals that knocked HIBS out of the Scottish Cup?

At Easter Road They Play. John Campbell

The Making of Hibernian The Brave Years Alan Lugton

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 29-10-2021 at 07:57 AM.

29/10/2016 Scottish League Championship

Hibernian 2 v 0 St Mirren

Boyle 8
    Holt 34

Martin Boyle fired HIBS ahead against bottom club St Mirren when he had the presence of mind to chip Andrew Shinnie’s inch perfect pass over the advancing Jamie Langfield HIBS increased their lead after 34 minutes when St Mirren failed to clear their lines Boyle nodded the ball into the path of Grant Holt who fired home from 16 yards

With 15 minutes of the match remaining Langfield saved a Grant Holt penalty

Hibs Rocky Hanlon Fontaine McGregor Gray McGinn Fyvie Stevenson Holt Boyle and Shinnie

Subs Bartley Graham Harris

Att 14500

29/10/2005 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 2 v 0 Hearts

Beuzelin
    O’Connor

Hearts were flying high at the top of the League and their fans were singing “We are unbeatable” in the South Stand Crucially George Burley had fallen out with Vladimir Romanov and had resigned from his post

Two second half goals from Guillaume Beuzelin and Garry O’Connor and a sending off for Jankauskas ensured that Hearts were no longer unbeatable

Hibs: Zibi Caldwell Murphy Hogg Rudge Brown Beuzelin Stewart Thomson O’Connor and Riordan

Subs Smith Sproule and Shiels

Att 17181

29/10/1994 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 2 v 1 Hearts

Jackson
    O’Neill

Hibs Leighton Miller Love Beaumont Tweed Tortolano Weir Hamilton Findlay Jackson and O’Neill

Subs Evans Harper

Att 13600

https://youtu.be/OTrhER9QJD4

29/10/1988 Scottish League Premier Division

Hamilton Academicals 0 v 3 Hibernian

Archibald
    Collins
    McCluskey pen

29/10/1960 Hibernian 4 v 3 St Mirren

Kinloch 3
    Ormond

Hibs recorded their first league win of the season with this barnstorming battle of the Baker boys in a tense match

Bobby Kinloch grabbed a hat-trick Ormond a single Ex Hibee John Frye, Gerry Baker and Miller replied for Saints

Hibs led 3-0 at half-time

Hibs Simpson Fraser McClelland Hughes Easton Baird MacLeod Kinloch Baker Preston and Ormond

Att 9000

29/10/1949 Scottish League Division One

Celtic 2 v 2 Hibernian

This was the first game the Famous Five had played against Old Firm opposition in Glasgow

Hibs were cruising with goals from Reilly and Smith but out of the blue Celtic pulled one back with a deflected shot from McPhail that sent Younger the wrong way and a last minute header from Evans to send their fans into raptures of delight

29/10/1904 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 3 v 0 Hearts

Bernard Donaghy 2
    Duncan McLean

Saturday 29th October 1904 was a big test for Paddy Donaghy and Hibernian in a league match against high-flying bitter rivals Hearts at the Holy Ground Hibernian surprised everyone including themselves by upsetting all the odds and demolishing Hearts by three goals to nil...’ shots from every angle rained in on the Hearts goal...’ and two of them from Paddy Donaghy and one from McLean did the damage all in the first half.

Birthdays:

David Farrell

Chris Jackson

Q. For what team was Birthday Boy Chris Jackson playing when he scored one of the goals that knocked HIBS out of the Scottish Cup?

At Easter Road They Play. John Campbell

The Making of Hibernian The Brave Years Alan Lugton

www.fitbastats.com
    Stirling Albion

Stirling Albion
    👍🏿

Happy Birthday Chris 😃
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 29-10-2020 at 09:19 PM.

30/10/2019 Scottish League Premiership

Hibernian 2 v 2 Livingston

Allan pen 62
    Boyle 92

Livingston raced into a two goal lead thanks to goals from Steven Lawless 38 and Craig Sibbald 41. The away end serenaded HIBS Manager Paul Heckingbottom with the tune...” Sacked in the morning “ in front of the watching Ron Gordon

Into the second half and Scott Allan pulled one back from the spot after winning a contentious penalty
    Substitute Martin Boyle equalised late on in his first appearance since injuring a knee in July

Hibs Maxwell James Porteous Hanlon Stevenson Mallan Hallberg Horgan Allan Middleton and Doidge

Subs Kamberi Boyle

Att 14662

https://youtu.be/mOZE0zDFUY0

29/10/2014 Scottish League Cup Quarter Final

Hibernian 3 v 3 Dundee United ( United win 7-6 on pens )

Malonga 16
    Cummings 57
    Kennedy 78

An old fashioned rip roaring Cup tie. Championship HIBS unbeaten in six games came from behind three times and were denied victory when Matthew Kennedy failed to convert his penalty Future Scottish Cup winning legend SDG would have his sudden death counter saved by Cierznak

Vintage Scott Allan in this clip

Hibs Oxley Gray Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson Robertson Craig Allan Handling Malonga and Cummings

Subs Kennedy Harris Keatings

Att 8689

https://youtu.be/eEQiteAn_gU

30/10/1985 Scottish League Premier Division

Clydebank 2 v 4 Hibernian

Brazil
    Kano
    Cowan 2

30/10/1976 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 1 Hearts

Paterson

Willie Paterson headed in a superb diving header from an Alex Edwards free kick in the first minute to score his first goal in league football

The lead lasted until the 83rd minute when Rab Prentice fired in the equaliser

30/10/1954 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 3 v 2 Kilmarnock

Ormond 2
    Turnbull pen

With three minutes to go HIBS looked down and out as they trailed Kilmarnock 1-2 thanks to goals from Jimmy Hood and Gerry Mays. Bobby Johnstone then went on one of his surging runs was pulled down inside the box and Eddie Turnbull duly obliged from the spot Two minutes later and Willie Ormond skipped past two surging tackles before slotting home the winner

Hibs Hamilton Higgins Paterson Turnbull Pkenderleith Combe Smith Johnstone Reilly Preston and Ormond

Att 27500

Birthdays

Diego Maradona RIP

David Zitelli

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 29-10-2021 at 11:57 PM.

31/10/2018 Scottish League Premiership

Hearts 0 v 0 Hibernian

Florian Kamberi sent off 65 minutes

Q. Who was the last HIBS player to be sent off in a competitive match?

31/072017 Scottish League Premiership

Kilmarnock 0 v 3 Hibernian

McGinn 10
    S Murray 61
    Boyle 93

https://youtu.be/dNKYALImmlQ

Hibs inflicted Stevie Clarke’s first defeat as Killie boss and moved up into third place

John McGinn gave HIBS the lead when he headed home David Gray’s cross after 10 minutes Gray then set up Simon Murray to convert Hibs’ second and Boyle broke free in the dying seconds to slide the ball under MacDonald for the third

Hibs Rocky Gray Hanlon Stevenson Ambrose Bartley McGinn McGeouch Murray Boyle and Barker

Subs Porteous, Slivka and Big Dave

Att 5000

31/10/2009 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 2 v 0 Aberdeen

Nish 88
    Liam Miller 93

Ross and Maguire sent off for Aberdeen. 16 year old Fraser Fyvie carried off on a stretcher after a tackle from Ian Murray

31/10/1999 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 3 v 2 Dundee United

Latapy 2 (1 pen)
    De Vos OG

https://youtu.be/QjphxHwv8dg

Full Match

Billy Dodds blasts a last minute penalty over the crossbar for United just after a mysterious black cat appeared on the pitch from the East

31/10/1998 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 2 v 1 Clydebank

Paatelainen
    McGinlay

31/10/1989 UEFA Cup Round 2 Leg 2

Liege 1 v 0 Hibernian (Agg 1-0 AET)

0-0 after 180 minutes a 35 yard thunderbolt from Desart beats Andy Goram in extra-time

Goals McGinlay looks to be unlucky when pulled up for offside at the death

Hibs Goram Kane Sneddon Cooper Mitchell Hunter Hamilton Orr Houchen Collins and Evans

Subs McGinlay Fellinger

Att 13000

https://youtu.be/s8dL_1LjZ1E

31/10/1964 Scottish League Division One

Motherwell 0 v 2 Hibernian

Quinn
    Scott pen

HIBS were flying under Jock Stein and climbed into third place behind Killie and Hearts with their fourth win on the bounce Jim Scott scoring his 17th goal of the season from the penalty spot

31/10/1959 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 3 v 3 Celtic

Baker 47, 59
    Johnstone 85

A Halloween treat for the fans at Easter Road. Peacock 25 and Jackson 29 giving Celtic a half time lead Joe Baker pulled one back after the interval Colrain 55 restored Celtic’s two goal advantage Joe Baker pulled another back on the hour and Bobby Johnstone grabbed a point with five minutes to go

HIBS Wilson Grant McClelland Young Plenderleith Baxter MacLeod Johnstone Baker Preston and Ormond

Att 28000

Birthdays:

Paul McGovern

Marcus Rashford MBE

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 31-10-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Whittaker, last game before the lockdown

Whittaker, last game before the lockdown
    👍🏿

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Let’s hope in a years time we have can add today’s result to this thread