hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by stantonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    London, Glasgow, Manchester, Dundee ?
    Correct! Only 1 team from Edinburgh has managed, thankfully. London is the only city with 3 clubs who have got that far.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Glasgow??
    Are you counting when the Huns got pumped off big Franck’
    In 93??

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Glasgow??
    Are you counting when the Huns got pumped off big Franck’
    In 93??
    Huns got beat in semi final v Eintracht Frankfurt ,think it was something like 12-4 on aggregate the year Real Madrid won it in the early 60,s at Hampden.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    5/6/1943 Summer Cup R1 Leg 2

Partick Thistle 2 v 5 Hibernian ( Agg 2-12)

McGilvray 3
    Cuthbertson 2

5/6/1968 Friendly Challenge Match

North Ghana Select 0 v 2 Hibernian

Cormack
    Davis (pen)
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 05-06-2020 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post
    Huns got beat in semi final v Eintracht Frankfurt ,think it was something like 12-4 on aggregate the year Real Madrid won it in the early 60,s at Hampden.
    Thanks mate
    Every day is a school day
    I never knew they got that far
    Glad to see they got a Royal rogering

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Thanks mate
    Every day is a school day
    I never knew they got that far
    Glad to see they got a Royal rogering
    👍😁

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanforlife View Post

Here's a true sequence of scores in Europe over 1960/61.
    Eintracht F 12-4 Rangers
    Real Madrid 7-3 Eintracht Frankfurt
    Barcelona 4-3 Real M ( Real's 1st defeat in Europe)
    Hibs 7-6 Barcelona!

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    HIBERNIAN 2 v 0 PARTICK THISTLE

Scottish League Premiership 31/3/2018

MacLaren 71 Hanlon 76

Hibs : Bell Hanlon McGregor Ambrose Bartley McGeoch Stevenson Boyle Allan MacLaren and Kamberi

Subs Whitts for Bartley 65 Shaw for MacLaren 78 and Swanson for Allan 92

Unused Dabrowski Slivka Murray and Porteous

Pretty sure PARTICK scored a perfectly good goal that was disallowed in this match and HIBS went up the park and scored two

Danny Devine sent off for PARTICK on 86 minutes for a second yellow

https://youtu.be/yVuh8kYYk6A
    As the season has just about ended, can I just say how much I have enjoyed the contributions from BillyHibs and everyone else on this thread. It has been a history lesson and also very informative too.

As the games history dwindles away (Summer Cup & Tour Games only probably!!) and thoughts turn to the new, very different season, please keep up the good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    As the season has just about ended, can I just say how much I have enjoyed the contributions from BillyHibs and everyone else on this thread. It has been a history lesson and also very informative too.

As the games history dwindles away (Summer Cup & Tour Games only probably!!) and thoughts turn to the new, very different season, please keep up the good work!!
    Thanks for that

👍🏿

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Eintracht F 12-4 Rangers
    Hibs 7-6 Barcelona!
    😁😁👍👍👌

6/6/1942 Summer Cup Round 1 Leg 2

Clyde 0 v 2 Hibernian ( Agg 1-4 )

Combe
    Kean

HIBS struggled in this hard fought encounter at Shawfield and only really took the upper hand when Clyde were reduced to 10 men through injury

HIBS were defending their trophy and would lose the final against Rangers in a bad tempered encounter at Hampden on the toss of a coin after drawing 0-0 and 2-2 on corners

Hibs: Crozier Shaw Hall Busby Baxter and Kean Smith Finnigan Milne Combe and Caskie

Att: 8000

Birthdays:

Davy Fellenger

Hibernian on This Day Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Eintracht F 12-4 Rangers
    Hibs 7-6 Barcelona!
    Barcelona were the holders of the cup when we knocked them out .
    Great stat’s Brog ��
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Also enjoy reading this section so many thanks . Great to remember games I actually went to . I`m too young to remember the Summer Cup ( will have been explained already I suppose but why was this tournament invented ? ) but was at ER when we beat Rangers on 31/5/79 and remember us playing in California in May / June 81 ( some players refused to travel cause of contract problems I seem to remember ) . ,Pre season I was at Gibraltar friendly in first days of July 2013 and we`d played at Dumbarton just before that in late June . Apart from this year , close seasons have become very short in recent years . Going back a long time ( about 1972 ) I always remember reading in Evening News that we were playing Middlesbrough in a home friendly on 30th June . Luckily someone in my family phoned ER and we found out game was 30th July ( maybe year Turnbull arrived as manager ) as I lived in the Borders at the time .

Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    Also enjoy reading this section so many thanks . Great to remember games I actually went to . I`m too young to remember the Summer Cup ( will have been explained already I suppose but why was this tournament invented ? ) but was at ER when we beat Rangers on 31/5/79 and remember us playing in California in May / June 81 ( some players refused to travel cause of contract problems I seem to remember ) . ,Pre season I was at Gibraltar friendly in first days of July 2013 and we`d played at Dumbarton just before that in late June . Apart from this year , close seasons have become very short in recent years . Going back a long time ( about 1972 ) I always remember reading in Evening News that we were playing Middlesbrough in a home friendly on 30th June . Luckily someone in my family phoned ER and we found out game was 30th July ( maybe year Turnbull arrived as manager ) as I lived in the Borders at the time .
    I suppose like now where we find ourselves in the middle of a pandemic crisis football clubs are expensive to run and back in 1940 many players and fans were unavailable due to the war and any players that were available were either guest players due to their posting ( Sir Matt Busby) or older players or players in special occupations that were paid on a part time basis

The Summer Cup was the brain child of our Harry Swan to help generate interest among the football starved population and income during the war years and was played May to July

There was also the Southern League Cup a diluted version of the League Cup which HIBS won once
    ( 1944 versus Rangers 6-5 on corners).

The Summer Cup was never won by more than one team more than once and was presented to Harry Swan by Willie McCartney to be retained in the HIBS boardroom after our inaugural win in 1941

The winners were :

1941 Hibernian

1942 Rangers - defeating Hibernian on the toss of a coin

1943 St Mirren

1944 Motherwell

1945 Partick Thistle defeating Hibernian 2-0

The tournament was reintroduced in 1963/64 for two years

Rangers and Celtic declined to enter

HIBS won in 1964 and Motherwell won in 1965

Hibs have the overall best record in the competition having won it twice and being runners up twice and as I said is on display at Easter Road to this very day

The match versus Middlesbrough 31/7/1971 0-2 was Eddie Turnbulls first game in charge and I remember our new young signing Bertie Auld was having a ding dong battle with Nobby Stiles in the Middlesbrough midfield

Nobby put in an over the ball challenge on Bertie and he fell awkwardly on the brick hard surface damaging his collar bone. Tam McNiven came on and told Bertie he would have to come off “ Give me five minutes “ says Bertie. Two minutes later Nobby Stiles is getting carried off on a stretcher
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 07-06-2020 at 11:09 AM.

7/6/1953 Octagonal Rivadavia Correa Meyer Tournament

Vasco Da Gama 3 v 3 Hibernian

Turnbull
    Reilly 2

HIBS were invited to play in this unofficial World Club Championship of the World in a tournament that consisted mostly of Brazilian teams

HIBS were drawn in a section that consisted of Vasco Da Gama, Botofago and Fluminese

The first match against Brazilian Champions Vasco Da Gama was to be played in the world famous Maracana Stadium in front of a crowd of 33671

A jet lagged HIBS team performed admirably in the searing heat scoring through Lawrie Reilly 2 and Eddie Turnbull

The Vasco Da Gama third goal was a mile offside but the Referee waved aside the HIBS protests

Turnbull and Bobby Johnstone would both go on to hit the crossbar but the game would finish all square

The match is best remembered for the Brazilian fans fighting amongst themselves on the terraces

HIBS and their entertaining style of play were very well received by the Brazilian fans and in particular Gordon Smith as Vasco Da Gama showed interest in signing him after the tournament

The other non Brazilian sides placed in the tournament were Sporting Lisbon and Olympia of Paraguay

7/6/1941 Summer Cup Ist Round Ist Leg

Celtic 2 v 5 Hibernian

Milne 3
    Anderson 2

A thrilling performance from McCartney’s babes who blew Celtic away.

Arthur Milne opened the scoring for HIBS in only 12 seconds

Celtic would get revenge with a 1-0 win at Easter Road but too little too late

HIBS would go on to win a thrilling final 3-2 versus Rangers at Hampden

HIBS : Kerr Shaw Hall Finnigan Baxter and Kean Adams Combe Anderson Milne and Nutley

Hibernian FC On This Day. Colquhoun and Sinnet

The Making of Hibernian: The Romantic Years Alan Lugton

Birthdays

Darren Dods

Billy McLaren

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 08-06-2020 at 05:58 PM.

9/6/1945 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 1

Hibernian 3 v 1 Falkirk

Smith 2
    McMullen

Hibs would go on to lose the final at Hampden Park to Partick Thistle

Birthdays

Maciej Dabrowski

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 11-06-2020 at 02:13 PM.

10th June 2014 : Leeann Dempster today took the decision to sack her former Motherwell employee : Hibernian Manager Terry Butcher

HIBS had been mid-table when Butcher took over in mid November 2013 but he had failed to win a match in any of our last 13 games sucking us into a relegation battle and resulting in our eventual relegation from the top tier in the playoff stages to the Championship.

Terence Ian Butcher goes down in history as the worst Hibernian Manager ever

10/6/1944 Summer Cup Round One 2nd leg

Hibernian 3 v 0 Airdrieonians (Agg 7-2)

Bogan 2
    Smith

HIBS would go out in the next round to Greenock Morton

Birthdays

Joe McBride Snr RIP

Andy Millen

Kevin McKee

Hibernian FC On This Day Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 10-06-2020 at 08:59 AM.

11/6/1967 North American League Match Day 4

Toronto City 1 v 2 Los Angeles Wolves

Davis (pen)

Hibs faced English cracks Wolverhampton Wanderers in a home match in Toronto

Early in the second half Joe Davis equalised an earlier Derek Dougan goal from the penalty spot.

The big talking point however came midway through the second half when the Wolves winger David Wagstaffe punched Jim Scott in the face in an off the ball altercation.

At first the Referee appeared to send Wagstaffe off only for Derek Dougan to step in insisting that if Wagstaffe went then the rest of the Wolves team would join him in the Dressing Room

This seemed to confuse the Referee who eventually changed his mind and merely booked the Wolves player a quite incredible decision

To make matters worse Dougan himself would score the winner a few minutes from the end after intercepting a poor cross field pass by John Madsen

Wolves would go on to lift the trophy defeating Aberdeen in the Final after extra-time

Hibs: Allan Simpson Davis Stanton Madsen Cousin Quinn Cormack Scott McGraw and Stevenson

Subs: Stein and Grant

Birthdays:

Big John McNamee

Chic Charnley

Hibs Through and Through. Eric Stevenson

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 12-06-2020 at 10:28 AM.

12th June 1990 Millionaire Tom Farmer comes to HIBS rescue by buying a substantial number of shares in an attempt to block Wallace Mercer’s unpopular takeover bid. Mr Farmer was keen to stress that this was a blocking move with the sole intent of saving HIBS rather than an attempt to take over the club himself

12/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match: Tour of Canada

Hibernian 2 v 1 Nottingham Forest

Baxter
    Quinn

12/6/1943 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 1

Queens Park 1 v 2 Hibernian

Cuthbertson
    Williams

Hibs would get knocked out by Rangers at the semi-final stage in this year

Guest player Stanley Williams would go on to score the winning goal for Aberdeen against Hibernian in the 1947 Scottish Cup Final

Hibs Brown Shaw Hall Finnigan Baxter and Kean Smith Williams McGilvray Cuthbertson and Caskie

Hibernian On This Day Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 15-06-2020 at 06:56 PM.

13/6/1953 Correa Meyer Tournament

Botafogo 3 v 1 Hibernian

Reilly

Gordon Smith had a goal disallowed in this game the heat and the travelling were starting to take it’s toll on the players

13/6/1942 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 1

Hibernian 8 v 2 Third Lanark

Milne
    Baxter
    Rennie og
    Combe
    Smith 2 ( one pen)
    Kean
    Caskie

Hibs Crozier Shaw Hall Busby Baxter Kean Smith Finnigan Milne Combe and Caskie

Att 5000

Birthdays:

John Connolly

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 14-06-2020 at 07:10 PM.

14/6/1974 World Cup Finals

Scotland 2 v 0 Zaire

Lorimer
    Jordan

John Blackley became the last Hibernian player to represent Scotland at a World Cup on this day

Scotland : Harvey Jardine McGrain Bremner Holton Blackley Dalglish Hay Lorimer Jordan and Law

Sub Hutchison for Dalglish

Att 25800

https://youtu.be/2cHjPF8F3v0

14/6/1967 North American League Match Day 5

Toronto City 2 v 2 Dallas Tornadoes

Cormack
    Stein

Colin Stein returned from illness to face a Dundee United side going under the banner of Dallas Tornadoes

Hibs were the better side but the game ended all square

HIBS: Allan Simpson Davis Stanton Madsen Cousin Scott Cormack Stein ORourke and Stevenson

14/6/1941 Summer Cup Round 1 Leg 2

Hibernian 0 v 1 Celtic ( Agg 5-3 )

A goal by Divers in 10 minutes was not enough to save this tie for Celtic

Hibs would go on to lift the trophy at Hampden Park in this year

Hibs Kerr Shaw Hall Finnigan Baxter Kean Smith Combe Anderson Milne and Adams

Birthdays:

Kevin McBride

www.fitbastats.com

15/6/1946 Victory Cup Final

Rangers 3 v 1 Hibernian

Aitkenhead

Professional football had been suspended for the duration of the Second World War

The cessation of the war came too late for a proper football season in 1945-46. It was ordered by the SFA that instead of a Scottish Cup which had been withheld for the duration of the conflict a Victory Cup would be competed for in April, May and June of 1946

HIBS had defeated Dundee, Hearts, Partick Thistle and Clyde to reach the Final where they would face Rangers at Hampden Park

The match was unique in that brothers Jock and Davie Shaw would line up against each other on opposing sides

The match kicked off and Rangers were running HIBS ragged with their short crisp neat passing moves Aitkenhead and Peat were having to drop back to help out their beleaguered defence in which Shaw and Govan were performing admirably

They could only hang on for so long however and after 20 minutes Rangers took the lead when following a quick throw in out wide taken by ex Hibee guest Jimmy Caskie to Duncanson who reverse passed the ball back to the winger who whipped in a cross to Gillick whose attempt on goal was diverted past his own goalkeeper by the inrushing Finnigan

Despite going behind Hibernian actually began to grow into this match Gordon Smith in particular was causing Jock Shaw some difficulty

Just before half-time Nutley and Milne cleverly worked the ball up the left hand side exchanging passes A dummy by Nutley allowed his partner to deliver a ball into the Rangers box A lung bursting run by Aitkenhead saw him reach the ball first and thunder it first time beyond Bobby Brown high into the roof of the Rangers net

Rangers kicked off the second half and immediately scored what was reported at the time as being one of the best goals ever scored at Hampden Park

Thornton kicked off and played the ball to Torry Gillick He returned it to Thornton and he in turn passed the ball back to Symon The half back lobbed the ball into the centre to be met by Thornton who had made the run The number 9 laid it off neatly for the arriving Duncanson to lash it into the net from fully 20 yards The first time a HIBS player touched the ball in the second half was to pick the ball out of the net

The goal did little to dampen HIBS spirits however and Gordon Smith continued to torment Shaw down the HIBS right flank forcing Brown into two outstanding saves as HIBS chased an equaliser

Willie Waddell had the ball in the net for Rangers but it was ruled out for an infringement in the build up

The game was sealed in the dying moments however when Waddell found Duncanson with a launched ball downfield who beat all opposition to it being first to the ball and guiding it beyond the advancing Jimmy Kerr

In truth it was a poor performance by HIBS on the day who struggled to assert their authority apart from 20 minutes towards the end of the first half. They struggled against explayer Jimmy Caskie who helped Rangers dominate the game and failed to cope with the absence of the experienced Sammy Kean. Manager Willie McCartney going for a positional change rather than a like for like swap

HIBS : Kerr Govan Shaw Howie Aird Finnigan Smith Peat Milne Aitkenhead and Nutley

Att: 100000

Hibernian On This Day Colquhoun and Sinnet
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 15-06-2020 at 12:33 PM.

Hibs’ 2-1 defeat of a tired unbeaten Nottingham Forest side playing the last game of their Canadian tour on 12 th June 1965 signalled the start of a successful but exhausting tour of North America and Canada in which HIBS would score a remarkable 72 goals conceding only six :

12/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 2 v 1 Nottingham Forest

Baxter
    Quinn

16/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 9 v 2 British Columbian All Stars

Martin 4
    Cormack 2
    Hamilton
    Stevenson
    Davis

21/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 7 v 1 Calgary Kickers

Martin 3
    Cormack 3
    Scott

22/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 15 v 1 Concordia All Stars

Martin 5
    Quinn 3
    Hamilton 2
    Cormack 2
    Scott 2
    ORourke

23/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 11 v 0 Manitoba All Stars

Cormack 3
    Scott 3
    Hamilton 2
    Quinn
    Whiteford
    Stevenson

The biggest obstacle in this game was the swarm of midges that descended upon the fair skinned HIBS players for a proverbial feast. Derek Whiteford recorded 27 bites whilst Willie Hamilton was strangely unaffected ??

26/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 4 v 0 Toronto Italia

Cormack
    Scott
    Martin
    Stevenson

27/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 15 v 0 Ottawa All Stars

Hamilton 7
    J Stevenson 2
    Cormack 2
    Baxter
    Quinn
    Scott
    Simpson

A silver salver was up for grabs for Man of the Match and even in the 90 degree heat Willie Hamilton was irresistible As well as scoring 7 goals he mesmerised the opposition with his ball skills and lethal bursts of pace. After being presented with the Man of the Match award Willie couldn’t get the prize into his hold-all. Undeterred he bent the tray over his knee to ensure his beloved mum would get her present from Canada

29/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 3 v 0 Montreal Italia

Hamilton
    J Stevenson
    ORourke

This match was played in a surreal atmosphere with armed police surrounding the pitch as the local stadium and fans had a reputation for trouble

The Italians did not take kindly to being outplayed and they resorted to underhand tactics kicking punching and head-butting

The Referee warned HIBS about their rough play at half time??

Into the second half and a free for all ensued when Peter Cormack was clearly punched in the face off the ball and Jim Scott was sent off for the first time in his career for bad mouthing the Referee near the end of the game

As the final whistle neared the fans had left their seats and were surrounding the pitch outnumbering the armed police waiting to exact their revenge on the HIBS players

At the final whistle Big John McNamee simply walked off the pitch with his chest puffed out closely followed by his team-mates following in behind and safely into the locker room as the Montreal fans hurled abuse at them

/6/1965 Friendly Challenge Match

Hibernian 6 v 1 New Jersey Allstars

Scott 2
    Hamilton
    Quinn
    Stevenson
    J Stevenson

16/6/1945 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 2

Falkirk 1 v 0 Hibernian ( Agg 2-3 )

Hibernian would go on to lose the final to Partick Thistle in this year

Birthdays:

Steven Whittaker

John Grant

Hibs Through and Through Eric Stevenson

At Easter Road They Play. John Campbell

From the Cowshed to the Kop Peter Cormack

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 16-06-2020 at 11:18 AM.

17/6/1947/Friendly Challenge Match

Norrkoping 3 v 1 Hibernian

Leslie Johnston

Hibernian fell to a shock defeat in front of a full house

According to Eddie Turnbull it was the worst case of biased refereeing he had ever witnessed in his whole career; blocking our players, awarding three penalties to the Swedes and even providing the pass for their third goal and waving play on

Things began to go wrong when the crowd refused to return “our” heavy filly and we had to play with their light weight effort which was a big deal in those days

The name Norrkoping would not be forgotten and Turnbull would have his revenge

Norrkoping played a young centre forward Gunnar Nordahl who would become a Swedish legend making his name in Italy

Other games on this tour:

Sparsborg 2 v 5 Hibernian

Johnston 2
    Buchanan
    Ormond
    Turnbull

Gjoes Oslo 0 v 7 Hibernian

Smith 2
    Reilly 4
    Ormond

Djero Bergen 0 v 11 Hibernian

Smith 4
    Ormond 4
    Turnbull 2
    Leslie Johnston

Stavangar 0 v 5 Hibernian

Smith 3
    Turnbull 2

17/6/1944 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 1

Greenock Morton 1 v 1 Hibernian

Smith

Hibernian on this Day Colquhoun and Sinnet

Gordon Smith Prince Of Wingers Tony Smith

Having a Ball Eddie Turnbull

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 17-06-2020 at 01:42 PM.

18/6/1967 North American League Match Day 6

Toronto City 2 v 1 Chicago Mustangs

Cormack
    Grant

A goal in the first minute by Peter Cormack gave HIBS the lead against crack Italian Serie A side Cagliari

Throughout the remainder of the first half the Italians were guilty of leaving the boot in and grabbing a handful of flesh as well as your jersey at set pieces They would kick and trip you off the ball when they thought the Ref wasn’t looking

Things kicked off half way through the first half when an Italian full back was sent off for punching and head butting Jim Scott who once again found himself to be the unfortunate victim

The Italian was followed into the Changing Room just before half time by Peter Cormack who was sent off for retaliating to the heavy handed treatment that was being handed out his way

Cagliari equalised just after the re-start but things escalated with only seven minutes remaining. Pat Quinn took a quick free-kick to Colin Grant who wasted no time in burying the ball beyond the Italian goalkeeper for the winner

The Referee was immediately surrounded by the Italian players who insisted that he hadn’t blown for the free-kick to be taken Courageously the Referee refused to change his decision and awarded the goal

The Cagliari Manager instructed his players to leave the field of play Many of the fans in the 15000 crowd who were of Italian origin left their seats and they too entered the fray trying to get at the Referee

After a long delay the Italian team still refused to come back onto the pitch and HIBS were awarded the points

The headlines in the following days press would read “ Soccer Riot in Toronto “

HIBS : Allan Duncan Davis Stanton Madsen Cousin Quinn Cormack Scott Stein and Stevenson

Subs: McGraw and Grant

Att: 15000

HIBS Through and Through Eric Stevenson

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-06-2020 at 08:24 AM.

19/6/1943 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 2

Hibernian 4 v 0 Queens Park ( Agg 6-1 )

Kean
    Smith
    Williams
    McGillvray

Alex Hall had won the FA Cup with Sunderland in 1937 and played over 250 games for Hibernian throughout the war years

Hibernian: Brown Shaw Hall Finnigan Baxter Kean Smith Williams McGillvray Combe and Caskie

Att 7000

Birthdays

Brian Grant

Bobby Hutchinson

Hibernian on this day Colquhoun and Sinnet

www.fitbastats.com

Left by mutual consent!
    We signed Martin Boyle on a permanent deal 5 years ago today 👍

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Birthdays

Brian Grant
    One on that big list of guys I'd forgotten played for Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    One on that big list of guys I'd forgotten played for Hibs

Played ok in the play-off game away to Airdrie along with Leighton and Jackson IIRC

20/6/1953 Rivadavia Correa Meyer Tournament

Fluminense 3 v 0 Hibernian

20/6/1942 Summer Cup Round 2 Leg 2

Hibernian 5 v 1 Third Lanark ( Agg: 13-3 )

Smith
    Milne
    Combe 2
    Caskie

HIBS would play Rangers in the final at Hampden Park and lose their grip on the cup on the toss of a coin

Birthdays:

Paul Kane

Billy McEwan

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 20-06-2020 at 04:19 PM.