hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2779
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just catching up on yesterday’s posts on Turnbulls Tornadoes and season 1972/73.
    Can’t add anything to them,as they were pretty much spot on.
    Hibs had a player around that time who was a back up sweeper.
    IIRC he only ever got a game when Sloop was very rarely injured or as happened at times suspended.
    He was a fair haired lad whose first name was either Alex or Alan.
    Always thought he had a bit of quality about him,but he was never going to get anywhere as long as Sloop was there.
    Have no clue as to what happened in his career after he left Hibs.
    Can anyone fill in the blanks ?
    Maybes Alex Pringle sold to Dundee ended up Stateside IIRC

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

It's definitely Murrayfield. You can see the stand at the right of the guy's raised arm is the old North West Corner Stand.
    Yes looks like Murrayfield as you can see the exits in the picture.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Maybes Alex Pringle sold to Dundee ended up Stateside IIRC
    Billy,you’ve just confirmed,what came to me after I’d posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    Billy,you’ve just confirmed,what came to me after I’d posted.

Always thought he was decent anytime he got he got a chance

He wanted to emigrate to South Africa in 1970 but the club talked him out of it
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 23-02-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post

It's definitely Murrayfield. You can see the stand at the right of the guy's raised arm is the old North West Corner Stand.
    Definitely Murrayfield. No Hibs fan could afford a watch like that in those days!! PS, you can see 1 ginormous goal post!

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Definitely Murrayfield. No Hibs fan could afford a watch like that in those days!! PS, you can see 1 ginormous goal post!

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Anyone recall why Neil Cooper got sent off that day at Perth? I know he did but it’s escaped me.
    My recollection was going towards half time, playing well and 1-0 up when Houchen got sent off with about a minute to the break. I can’t imagine Cooper had been sent off earlier than that. Lost the game 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Anyone recall why Neil Cooper got sent off that day at Perth? I know he did but it’s escaped me.
    My recollection was going towards half time, playing well and 1-0 up when Houchen got sent off with about a minute to the break. I can’t imagine Cooper had been sent off earlier than that. Lost the game 2nd half.
    My memory is we played them off the Park first half went 1-0 up in front of 6000 hibbies

Houchey had a rush of blood early in the second half and booted Tommy Turner up the erchie Roddy Grant scored a last minute winner Neil Cooper was also sent off but you are correct probably after Houchen

He could have bought a cheaper watch and sent his coat to Munro's with the saving.
    That is the England game March 1960 .England won.
    I couldnt find the attendance ,but 70.000 crowds for 5 nations games at Murrayfield would not be unusual back then.
    Ground record is 104.000 V Wales 1975.

Mid sixties i worked at the Scotsman as a copy boy and made some extra cash selling souvenir papers/pictorials at the ground during 5 nations.
    One game V Wales ,70.000 plus in attendance, I got hit in the face with the ball ,as i was walking round the track. Sore one!!

Back to the guy with the classy watch. Lucky he kept it ,being so obvious .
    Cop sergeant at the time who lived next street to us in Clerry told me the main probs they had with crowds at these games were pickpockets.
    Crowds packed like sardines.
    Easy pickings!
    The 1975 game V wales at Murrayfield had 104.000 crowd
    A world record that stood till 1999 .Oz V NZ game topped it.

PS
    Does anyone remember the signs when entering Tynecastle back in the day

" Beware of pickpockets"
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 23-02-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    He could have bought a cheaper watch and sent his coat to Munro's with the saving.
    I couldnt find the attendance ,but 70.000 crowds for 5 nations games at Murrayfield would not be unusual back then.

Mid sixties i worked at the Scotsman as a copy boy and made some extra cash selling souvenir papers/pictorials at the ground during 5 nations.
    One game V Wales ,70.000 plus in attendance, I got hit in the face with the ball ,as i was walking round the track. Sore one!!

Cop sergeant at the time who lived next street to us in Clerry told me the main probs they had with crowds at these games were pickpockets.
    Easy pickings!

PS

" Beware of pickpockets"
    Yes remember the signs at Tinycastle had them at Hampden as well. Can't recall seeing signs at Easter Road. I heard from a policeman in clery that guys would come through from the West for the big matches to pickpocket.Remember all the Police houses in Clery
    Last edited by gbhibby; 23-02-2021 at 09:19 PM.

Easy pickings!

PS

" Beware of pickpockets"
    I always thought Hearts were in league with the pickpockets.The number of people you would see patting the pocket the wallet was in which was a real giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I always thought Hearts were in league with the pickpockets.The number of people you would see patting the pocket the wallet was in which was a real giveaway.

Was that why some guys kept notes in their shoes?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    The 2-4 game v Celtic. The biggest crowd I’ve been in at ER. Me and my pals went up to the ground around 2pm, probably earlier. We had learned that the only way in was to go early, before the police arrived, climb up the side of the gate and the. hide in the bushes on the slopes of the east terracing. We would sit quiet as mice and watch the shenanigans as people jumped over the wall and attempted to evade the cops.

The ground would be getting busy early doors and you could safely make an appearance. We often stood above the walkway between the upper and lower terrace. A handy spot to watch the swedging. The only crowd I’ve been in that was so tighly packed was Scotland v Wales at Murrayfield, round about that time.
    Me too! I was 14 (I thought I was younger :-)) I was right down the front of the main terracing up against the wall with my dad. My memory is that, despite the hype before the game, Hibs didn't really turn up (or Celtic were just brilliant). Other significant memory is the surge forward of the crowd and being pinned up against the wall every time Hibs attacked. After that, I always insisted on standing in front of a crush barrier!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyisGod View Post
    Me too! I was 14 (I thought I was younger :-)) I was right down the front of the main terracing up against the wall with my dad. My memory is that, despite the hype before the game, Hibs didn't really turn up (or Celtic were just brilliant). Other significant memory is the surge forward of the crowd and being pinned up against the wall every time Hibs attacked. After that, I always insisted on standing in front of a crush barrier!
    That was the first time I was allowed to go to a Celtic or Rangers game - remember being so excited ..what a game ..Paul Wilson was excellent that day - felt like a “big game”....

Blog Entries

Easy pickings!

PS

" Beware of pickpockets"
    The 104k was only those who went through the turnstiles. IIRC they estimated another 15k or so got in without paying. Think tickets were only for the stand in those days. IIRC we won & denied Wales Grand Slam, which were (or seemed to be) much rarer in those days!

Blog Entries
    The 104k was only those who went through the turnstiles. IIRC they estimated another 15k or so got in without paying. Think tickets were only for the stand in those days. IIRC we won & denied Wales Grand Slam, which were (or seemed to be) much rarer in those days!

Scotland v Wales at Murrayfield 1975 - Bing video

Look at the crowd!! Loads of exuberance at the end!!

Apparently thousands of people left without even seeing the game, as they literally couldn't squeeze any more people on to the terracing.

Some of the guys in my class at school went to a game at Murrayfield in 1980 (I think) and one of them actually passed out on the terracing and had to be taken out on a stretcher. He was in the school rugby team as well... the big wimp.

Must admit I absolutely love the atmosphere at Scotland egg chasing internationals. It's something else.

24/2/2018 Scottish League Premiership

Kilmarnock 2 v 2 Hibernian

Kamberi 1
    Porteous 9

Hibs led 2-0 after 10 minutes thanks to a flick from Florian Kamberi from a Stevenson cross after 27 seconds and a Porteous header from a corner

Kilmarnock replied into the second half with a curler from Jordan Jones and a disputed penalty scored by Kris Boyd that resulted in Neil Lennon being sent to the stand

https://youtu.be/kY4E8u5g9ck

Hibs Rocky Ambrose McGregor Porteous Boyle McGeouch Allan McGinn Stevenson MacLaren and Kamberi

Subs Shaw Bartley Whittaker

Att 5348

Hanlon on Paternity leave

24/2/2016 Scottish League Championship

Hibernian 0 v 3 Morton

A shock result HIBS had their chances to win this but Morton rode the storm and sometimes you just have to say the better team on the night won

24/2/2013 Scottish League SPL

Dundee United 2 v 2 Hibernian

McPake
    Griffiths

A cracking match at Tannadice United took the lead when John Rankin charged down a Ben Williams clearance James McPake equalised with a towering header Leigh Leigh Super Leigh then gave HIBS the lead with a wonder strike Dundee United equalised in dubious circumstances when GMS was obviously fouled outside the box by Ryan McGivern the Referee wrongly gave the award of penalty and Johnny Russell converted

https://youtu.be/Ppto6rwBkRA

Hibs Williams Stevenson McGivern McPake Hanlon Taiwo Cairney Claros Done Robertson and Griffiths

Subs Doyle Handling

Att 6160

24/2/2007 Scottish Cup Round 5

Queen Of The South 1 v 2 Hibernian

Murphy 45
    Sowunmi 52

David Murphy gave HIBS the lead with a 35 yard strike past Jamie McDonald just before half-time John O’Neil equalised just after half-time when he headed home a Jamie McQuilken cross giving Simon Brown no chance from 8 yards Super Sub Thomas Sowumni on for Steven Fletcher at half-time headed in a Benji cross minutes later via his shoulder to put HIBS into the semi finals of the Scottish Cup

Hibs Brown Whittaker Murphy Hogg Jones Stewart Beuzelin Brown Sproule Benji and Fletcher

Subs Sowumni Stevenson Lynch

Att 6400

24/2/1998 Scottish League Premier Division

Dundee United 1 v 1 Hibernian

Hughes

24/2/1996 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 2 v 1 Falkirk

Wright
    Evans

24/2/1990 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 5 v 1 East Fife

McGinlay 2
    Houchen 2
    Collins

This match played in torrential rain at Easter Road ‘Goals McGinlay’ fired home the first when he ran through on a Neil Orr through -ball to fire home Orr repeated the dose for Keith Houchen to make it two Joe Tortolano then whipped in one of his famous crosses from the left for Houchy to make it three with a header

Into the second half and the rain continued to pour but Orr and McGinlay were up to their old tricks as Orr set up McGinlay to fire home from a tight angle

Andy Goram saved a penalty conceded by a McGinlay handball before Ally Mitchell pulled one back for the Fifers

John Collins found himself in acres of space to slot home the fifth in the closing stages as East Fife pushed forward trying to make the score more respectable

Hibs Goram Kane Sneddon Orr Mitchell Hunter McGinlay Hamilton Houchen Collins and Tortolano

Sub Findlay

Att 7232

24/2/1979 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 1 Morton

Bremner

Des Bremner fired HIBS into a first half lead Bobby Thomson equalised for Morton giving HIBS their seventh draw in the last eight games

Hibs McArthur Brazil Duncan Bremner Rae McNamara Murray MacLeod Higgins Callachan and Lambie

Sub Temperley

Att 5691

24/2/1973 Scottish Cup Round 4

Rangers 1 v 1 Hibernian

Gordon

Derek Johnstone gave Rangers the lead but HIBS equalised when Johnny Hamilton sent over a peach of a cross and Alan Gordon rose between Tam Forsyth and Sandy Jardine to power home a header high past Peter McCloy

Hibs Herriot Bremner Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Hamilton O’Rourke Gordon Cropley and Duncan

Sub Higgins for O’Rourke

Att 64000

24/2/1962 Scottish League Division One

Third Lanark 1 v 2 Hibernian

G Baker
    Falconer

Joe Davis played left back for Thirds in this game

24/2/1951 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 2 v 0 East Fife

Turnbull
    Reilly

Hibs were runaway title winners in this season and after a below par first half against relegation haunted East Fife they came out the traps flying in the second with goals from Turnbull and Lawrie Reilly in the last minute of course

Hibs Younger Govan Ogilvie Buchanan Paterson Combe Smith Johnstone Reilly Turnbull and Ormond

Att 25000

24/2/1923 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 2 v 0 Aberdeen

Dunn
    Ritchie

Hibs were up against a tough and resilient Aberdeen side but the fans’ fears were eased when Jimmy Dunn swept Darkie Walker’s cross high into the Aberdeen net after only one minute

Aberdeen did not give up however and the HIBS fans could only relax when Harry Ritchie fired in one of his ‘specials’ after 84 minutes

Hibs Harper McGinnigle Dornan Kerr Miller Shaw Ritchie Dunn McColl Halligan and Walker

Att 28000

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 24-02-2021 at 07:05 PM.

@hibs.net private member

Thanks for the video, I watched it for the first time ever. I didn't know it existed.

I was at ER to watch Hibs lose and on the bus back at Haymarket there was a sea of humanity. That's how I remember it anyway !

Chancing my arm: the only other highlights I have always wanted to see is that of the 1974 Hibs 2 Celtic 4 .

I even asked BBC Scotland if they could provide a copy in exchange for a charitable donation but they couldn't.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    My memory is we played them off the Park first half went 1-0 up in front of 6000 hibbies

Houchey had a rush of blood early in the second half and booted Tommy Turner up the erchie Roddy Grant scored a last minute winner Neil Cooper was also sent off but you are correct probably after Houchen
    I’m sure it was just before HT, much consternation about it in the bogs....who knows, good work anyway. Good memories with the bad

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    I’m sure it was just before HT, much consternation about it in the bogs....who knows, good work anyway. Good memories with the bad
    Difficult finding any match reports to corroborate this

That is why I have to rely on my dodgy memory

Looking forward to the new HIBS in the nineties book coming out

Maybe if we agree he was sent off around about half time ��
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 24-02-2021 at 05:46 PM.

It would be the last game patg
    All ticket since.
    Link below explains

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...d-murrayfield/

It would be the last game patg
    All ticket since.
    Link below explains

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport...d-murrayfield/
    I went to that game Scotland v Wales at Murrayfield in 1975.
    You could buy a ticket but it only 'guaranteed' you entry if you arrived a certain time before kickoff. You could also gain entry by paying at the gate. I arrived with a ticket only to find vast crowds milling around the entrances and no prospect of getting in. I walked around the perimeter of the stadium and at the rear of the stand side of the ground found a gap where someone had removed part of a metal fence and people were piling in for free. So inside the ground at last I climbed up the steps to the top of the terracing, only to find that the crowd was so tightly packed it was simply impossible to find a way through and onto the terracing. I tried in several places without success and eventually had to give up. I walked home with the increasingly distant roars of the crowd behind me and ended up watching the match on tv at home. Biggest crowd I was ever part of - or nearly part of.

U25/2/2017 Scottish League Championship

Hibernian 2 v 2 Dunfermline Athletic

Boyle 6
    Cummings pen 24

HIBS let a two goal lead slip but still remained seven points clear at the top of the Championship

McMullan 26 and Higginbotham 46 for the Pars

Hibs Rocky Gray McGregor Fontaine Stevenson Boyle Fyvie McGinn Shinnie Holt and Cummings

Subs Bartley Crane Keatings

Att 14437

25/2/ 2012 Scottish League SPL

Kilmarnock 1 v 3 Hibernian

Soares 16 66
    O’Donovan 46

Tom Soares scores his first goal for HIBS after a great ball into the box from Leigh Griffiths

Roy O’Donovan then scored his first goal for HIBS just after half-time with a great strike from 25 yards that flew high past Cammy Bell

Tom Soares scored his second and Hibs’ third from a deflected Osbourne pass in the box

Dean Shiels scored a cracking consolation goal from a freekick for his father’s side

George Francomb hit the crossbar with a freekick and booted one off the goalline

https://youtu.be/71qgv4B1dbM

Hibs Stack Francomb Hanlon McPake Pa Stevenson Claros Soares Osbourne Griffiths and O’Donovan

Subs Doyle Sproule

Att 4283

25/2/2006 Scottish Cup Round 5

Falkirk 1 v 5 Hibernian

Riordan 9
    O’Connor 67
    Sproule 74
    Caldwell 77
    Fletcher 88

Hibernian reach the semifinals of the Scottish Cup after a hapless performance from Falkirk keeper Allan Ferguson gifting the first two goals to the deadliest of strikers Derek Riordan and Garry O’Connor

The first when he made a mess of a Deeks’ long range freekick the second when he spilled a Deeks shot at the feet of Gazza

Daniel McBreen hit back for Falkirk thanks to a Latapy assist but a strike by Ivan Sproule a header from Gary Caldwell and a shot from Steven Fletcher that Ferguson looked to have covered saw HIBS book their place in the semis

Russell Latapy 68 appeared as a sub for the Bairns

Hibs would face Hearts in the semi?

Hibs Brown Whittaker Murphy Caldwell Smith Stewart Thomson Glass Sproule Riordan and O’Connor

Subs Fletcher Konde McCluskey

Att 6259

25/2/2001 Scottish League SPL

Celtic 1 v 1 Hibernian

Marc Libbra

Opportunist goal from a quality player

https://youtu.be/B9GsFJcu-PM

25/2/1976 Scottish Cup Round 4 Replay

Dundee United 0 v 2 Hibernian

Spalding 8
    Edwards 30

Derek Spalding in for the injured Roy Barry struck a glorious strike from 35 yards into the roof of Hamish McAlpine’s net

The Tangerine Terrors pressed for an equaliser the defence held firm and it was Mickey Edwards who popped up in a goalmouth stramash to force the ball over the line on the half hour for the winner

Hibs McDonald Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Spalding Blackley Edwards Bremner MacLeod Munro and Duncan

Sub Mike Wilson

Att 13000

25/2/1967 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 1 v 0 Aberdeen

Cormack 69

A cracking strike by Peter Cormack that settled this game against an Aberdeen side that were two points above us in the League

Hibs Allan Duncan Davis Stanton Madsen Cousin Quinn O’Rourke Scott Cormack and Stevenson

Att 18532

25/2/1961 Scottish Cup Round 3

Hamilton Academicals 0 v 4 Hibernian

Kinloch 2
    Macleod
    Baker

The Second Division outfit were no match for the conquerors of Barcelona

25/2/1956 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 7 v 1 Dunfermline Athletic

Reilly 19 42
    Turnbull 21 50 77
    Ormond 55 69

Hibs coming up for the semi-Final of the Champions Cup made short work of Dunfermline

Gordon Smith was into his 15th season and was still a top top player and he tormented the Pars defence in this game

Hibs’ Centre Half Bobby Nicol made a sound debut in this game

John Miller 62 for the Pars

Hibs Younger MacFarlane Paterson Grant Nicol Preston Smith Turnbull Reilly Combe and Ormond

Att 18000

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 26-02-2021 at 02:28 AM.

26/2/2011 Scottish League SPL

Hibernian 2 v 0 Inverness CT

Booth 58
    Stevenson 89

Hibs claimed their fourth successive SPL win with this 2-0 victory over Inverness CT

The talk after the game was all about the performance of young Calum Booth who put in a performance that belied his years and had many comparing him to John Brownlie

Indeed Booth gave HIBS the lead just short of the hour when he collected a Derek Riordan pass outside the box and lifted the ball beyond Esson and into his top far corner

Booth was then called into action at the other end of the park when he headered away a goalbound Inverness effort from underneath his own crossbar

Lewis Stevenson on as a 77th minute substitute for Liam Miller scored one minute from the end when he curled a deflected effort past Esson to seal all three points

Hibs Stack Dickoh Hanlon Booth Towell Wotherspoon Miller Martin Palsson Riordan and Sodje

Subs Thornhill Stevenson Nish

Att 13841

26/2/2005 Scottish Cup Round 5

Hibernian 2 v 0 St Mirren

Brown
    O’Connor

Goals either side of half-time from Scott Brown and Garry O’Connor saw HIBS march into the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup despite spirited resistance from Gus McPherson’s lower league St Mirren side

HIBS Brown Whittaker Murphy Caldwell Smith Brown A Murray I Murray Riordan O’Connor and Fletcher

Subs Orman McDonald

Att 15195

26/2/1983 Scottish League Premier Division

Hibernian 1 v 1 Motherwell

Irvine

This game played in driving rain Andy Harrow scored his first goal for Motherwell since signing from Aberdeen with a looping header over Roughie

Ally Mauchlin of Motherwell was sent off for getting involved in one argument too many with Turnbull and Conroy

Willie Irvine #1 scored his first goal for HIBS since signing from Motherwell when he met a freekick in the box from Brian ‘Chipper’ Rice and headed the ball just inside Nicky Walker’s left hand post

Hibs Rough Sneddon Duncan Turnbull Rae McNamara Conroy Rice Irvine Thomson and Harvey

Sub Welsh

Att 4430

The video of this game is available on YouTube

26/2/1977 Scottish Cup Round 4

Arbroath 1 v 1 Hibernian

Blackley

Arbroath took the lead through Tommy Yule and then made it tough for HIBS to break them down

The equaliser came when Erich Schaedler took a short corner from Arthur Duncan this seemed to take the Arbroath defence by surprise Shades swung the ball in and the unlikely figure of John Blackley was there to bury the ball past Gordon Marshall

What could go wrong?

Hibs McDonald Brownlie Schaedler Bremner Stewart Blackley Edwards MacLeod Smith Duncan and Scott

Sub Muir for Smith

Att 4256

26/2/1972 Scottish Cup Round 4

Hibernian 2 v 0 Airdrieonians

Gordon
    Baker

2-0 was our preferred scoreline on our run to Hampden in this year and this game was no different

Airdrieonians did however put up dogged resistance as expected and held out until the 75th minute

HIBS Herriot Brownlie Schaedler Stanton Black Blackley Hamilton O’Rourke Baker Gordon and Duncan

Att 15980

26/2/1966 Scottish League Division One

Hibernian 2 v 0 Partick Thistle

Cormack
    Stein

Colin Stein’s winner came when John McNamee hit a daisy cutter of a pass 40 yards out to Stein on the left he cut inside leaving a trail of Jags defenders lying in his wake before unleashing a fierce left footed shot past George Niven

Hibs Allan Duncan Davis Cousin McNamee Stanton Cormack Grant Stein O’Rourke and Quinn

Att 6597

26/2/1949 Scottish League Division One

Morton 2 v 3 Hibernian

Smith 7
    Reilly 55 64

A cracking game at Cappielow played in atrocious weather conditions in a driving gale and on a bog of a pitch

Gordon Smith gave HIBS an early lead but Davie Shaw got stretchered off injured on the half hour leaving HIBS down to ten men Farquhar made it 1-1 going into the break

Into the second half and Turnbull was awesome playing in two positions covering for Shaw. Lawrie Reilly hit a double and HIBS thought they were on easy street when they were awarded a penalty Jimmy Cairns stepped up and missed the penalty but the action was not finished as Neil Orr’s Dad Tommy scored for Morton in the 86th minute leaving HIBS hanging on and fighting for dear life

HIBS Kerr Govan Shaw Buchanan Kean Cairns Reilly Cuthbertson Smith Turnbull and Ormond

Att 10000

26/2/1910 Scottish Cup Round 3

Hearts 0 v 1 Hibernian

Peggie

This Match was replayed when Hearts who had been leading 1-0 at the Holy Ground had the rug pulled from under them when the match was abandoned due to several good humoured pitch invasions The Referee had had enough and decided to call it a day

The replay took place at Tynecastle one week later and Hearts were supremely confident going into the game

The Hibernians had the better of the play throughout the game and scored the only goal early in the second half through Nesbit Peggie

Hearts did exert some pressure after the HIBS’ goal but this soon passed and HIBS went on to monopolise play and never looked threatened at any time

Hibernians : Willie Allan Tommy Birrell Sam Allan Willie Duguid Mattha Paterson Johnny Lamb Davy Dixon John O’Hara Nesbit Peggie Paddy Callaghan and Willie Smith

Att 25000

Birthdays:

Ally MacLeod RIP

Michael Stewart

At Easter Road They Play John Campbell

The Making of Hibernian The Brave Years Alan Lugton

www.fitbastats.com
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 26-02-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Hearts 0 v 1 Hibernian

Peggie

This Match was replayed when Hearts who had been leading 1-0 at the Holy Ground had the rug pulled from under them when the match was abandoned due to several good humoured pitch invasions The Referee had had enough and decided to call it a day

Exuberance, thy name is Hibernian!

Blog Entries

Hearts 0 v 1 Hibernian

Peggie

The replay took place at Tynecastle one week later and Hearts were supremely confident going into the game

The Hibernians had the better of the play throughout the game and scored the only goal early in the second half through Nesbit Peggie

Hearts did exert some pressure after the HIBS’ goal but this soon passed and HIBS went on to monopolise play and never looked threatened at any time

Hibernians : Willie Allan Tommy Birrell Sam Allan Willie Duguid Mattha Paterson Johnny Lamb Davy Dixon John O’Hara Nesbit Peggie Paddy Callaghan and Willie Smith

Att 25000

Birthdays:

Ally MacLeod RIP

Michael Stewart

At Easter Road They Play John Campbell

The Making of Hibernian The Brave Years Alan Lugton

www.fitbastats.com[/QUOTE]

Early Exuberance!! Love it, it's in our DNA!!!

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I thought Calum Booth was going to go on and become a fantastic player for Hibs. Great goal that day.

Prior to the signing of Sodje, Paalson, Towell and the return of Booth from loan, |I thought we were going down. Shows how dire we had been, none of the guys that came in sustained a good HIbs career, but they lifted a side that had been awful.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I thought Calum Booth was going to go on and become a fantastic player for Hibs. Great goal that day.

Prior to the signing of Sodje, Paalson, Towell and the return of Booth from loan, |I thought we were going down. Shows how dire we had been, none of the guys that came in sustained a good HIbs career, but they lifted a side that had been awful.

In fairness to him, there's every possibility he's going to have a League Cup medal this season.