hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Well done to all at Hibs. What a fantastic idea.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.

[QUJealous
    OTE=phibber;6131516]First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.[/QUOTE]

Jealous. My Hero

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phibber View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    First ever post, simply to say how pleasantly surprised I was an hour or so ago to receive a call from Lewis Stevenson. What a lovely guy - so natural and easy to speak with. Two of my daughters were at his debut game in Ireland all those years ago - he was 17. All three of my daughters absolutely love the guy and were dead jealous when I told them about the call as were brothers and brother-in-law! We covered a lot of ground - family and fitness (his and mine), how this season and next may pan out in light of present closure, etc. He was so chuffed when he let me know his wife had had a baby yesterday, to add to to their two children. The fact that he's phoning seniors when he's got lots of other things on his plate confirms all that we know of him - a real gentleman. The club has to be commended for its initiative as are the players and non-playing staff for playing their part. The call really made me feel part of the Hibs family! Well done Lewis, well done Hibs.
    Brilliant first post. Thanks for taking the time.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by linlithgowhibbie View Post
    One of my pals was called by Adam Bogdan. Hope I get a call too
    What’s even nicer about that is Adam is back in Hungary but still doing this ...well done hibs

This is a really good initiative.
    Will give a lot of older folk a big boost.

What number are they phoning from? I've just received a missed call from an Edinburgh number and wondering if it was Hibs.

I'll be gutted if I've missed a call from my namesake.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Just had a call from Marc McNulty asking how my daughter was (Ailish was born 16 weeks early and is still on 24 hour oxygen support for Chronic Lung Disease) and had a good chat for 15 minutes or so.

Quite touched.
    That's fantastic. Hope Ailish is doing alright bud, will be in my thoughts and prayers!

I got a call from Greg Docherty, really great gesture, seemed like a really nice guy. Hope to see him in the green and white again, but sadly I wouldn't bet on it

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Great initiative from Hibs but sympathise with the caller if my dad was fortunate to receive a call
    Firstly, my dad has moderate dementia (so unless the player is Joe Baker he'll have no idea who's on the line) and secondly, my dad could quite happily talk to a stranger for hours so they better be on a landline as the mobile would go flat before my dad finished grumbling about the '79 cup final.

Pleased to say I also received a call from Lewis. We had a superb 15 minute chat during which he mentioned that he was given the names and contact details of 4 supporters. That being so it is reasonable to assume that about 100 have been contacted.

A superb initiative from Hibs which made me so delighted to be included.

That's outstanding. What a bloody man.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Had a nice chat with Grant Murray yesterday. It's a great gesture from the club and much appreciated.

[QUOTE=cullen;6131051]I was 77 last week. Still hoping for a call.[/QUOTE I got a call yesterday, from the stadium manager , nice guy can't remember his name, but it was really good to get the inside chat about the staff situation, basically seems to be manageable, apart from the casual staff on game day.
    I also had a word about season the ticket situation, basically I sit in middle of the East, in line with the half way. It seems that due to rebranding that my seat is now platinum, and comes with a price hike. Not averse to an increase as such, but the hike seems excessive.
    Any one else , have issues with this ??.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Had a nice chat with Grant Murray yesterday. It's a great gesture from the club and much appreciated.
    Just wondering have they got all of the Senior ST holders phone numbers. I cannot recall giving my number but maybe I did just cannot remember

I hope they arnt making any calls today. Phone rings, answer, ‘Morning Jimmy it’s David Gray from Hibernian FC how’s things?’.......response.......aye get your self to ***k am no falling for that one (April fools) 😂

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    My dad got a call from Colin Nish offering to get him a shop. Said they would phone back in a few weeks.

I think it's good that the club is doing this and I would like to see the club push the boat out and offer free season tickets or heavily discounted for NHS staff up to a limited amount. These guys deserve to be acknowledged and it would be a good gesture from the club

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A good example of why football is more than just a recreational sport and pastime. It’s very heartening to know that Hibs feel that same way, and those simple phone calls have been welcomed and well received by the recipients.

The way Hibs have conducted themselves throughout this crisis has been exemplary.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Spence View Post
    I think it's good that the club is doing this and I would like to see the club push the boat out and offer free season tickets or heavily discounted for NHS staff up to a limited amount. These guys deserve to be acknowledged and it would be a good gesture from the club

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    You couldn’t just stop at NHS staff though - there’s loads of key workers out there that could be recognised.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You couldn’t just stop at NHS staff though - there’s loads of key workers out there that could be recognised.
    And NHS staff will still get a wage at the end of the month, plenty others wont.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    A well deserved wage

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    My dad got a call from Colin Nish offering to get him a shop. Said they would phone back in a few weeks.
    Nishy is one of lifes good guys.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Just had a call from Lewis Stevenson Pure gentleman.Asking how we were doing

Blog Entries
    My 1st time out house for 3 days today & I missed a call from John Potter! He says he'll call back but great initiative regardless. He called me from a mob #.

Quote Originally Posted by drumatic44 View Post
    I got a call yesterday, from the stadium manager , nice guy can't remember his name, but it was really good to get the inside chat about the staff situation, basically seems to be manageable, apart from the casual staff on game day.
    I also had a word about season the ticket situation, basically I sit in middle of the East, in line with the half way. It seems that due to rebranding that my seat is now platinum, and comes with a price hike. Not averse to an increase as such, but the hike seems excessive.
    Any one else , have issues with this ??.
    Yes, I do.
    A 30% increase for senior citizens is outrageous.
    I think Hibs will live to regret that.

First Team Breakthrough
    Just had a call from Paul Hanlon can't say it was a conversation I was that exited I hardly let him get a word in - much appreciated.

First Team Breakthrough
    It was my turn to get lucky today - with Alan Combe (Hibs goalkeeping coach). I was too nervous to have a proper conversation but he showed real concern for my well-being; and of course we both agreed that football isn’t important in these times. So the next time Rocky pulls off another world-class save I shall be imagining Alan making it.

Just wanted to publicly record my sincere appreciation of this Hibs initiative.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Just had a call from Marc McNulty asking how my daughter was (Ailish was born 16 weeks early and is still on 24 hour oxygen support for Chronic Lung Disease) and had a good chat for 15 minutes or so.

Quite touched.
    Quite touched reading your post CH and I pray the wee one will enjoy her first Hibs game soon as.