@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Renewed for next season

If you can, get it done.

2. Log in to remove the advert

My renewal X 3 in the onion bag. 🇳🇬👍

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree with the answers that people have already given as to why we feel we need to give our cash now, not later.

Basically I accept that we will then have a reduced budget next season, but better a reduced budget than no club at all.

Besides, every other club will be in the same boat, that they will probably have to use some of the budget they had earmarked for next season, so we'll definitely not be worse off than any of our rivals

...unless some of them are planning on using some incredibly dirty tricks to see them through this time, like forcing players out the door, laying off staff and maybe even a planned Admin event.

But I'd rather Hibs did things the decent way.
    But we know every other club except the O. F. Will be in the same boat, one way or another they will manage much better than the rest of Scottish football, which will result in a progression to the league title for Celtic & undoubtedly 2nd place for Rangers. As for the rest squads will be smaller, wages reduced resulting in poorer quality playing staff. This will take years to resolve.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    But we know every other club except the O. F. Will be in the same boat, one way or another they will manage much better than the rest of Scottish football, which will result in a progression to the league title for Celtic & undoubtedly 2nd place for Rangers. As for the rest squads will be smaller, wages reduced resulting in poorer quality playing staff. This will take years to resolve.
    I wouldn’t bet on the hun riding this out too comfortably.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I wouldn’t bet on the hun riding this out too comfortably.
    I agree to a point, but already you see reports of McColl, he who can't build ferries, suggesting he's ready to invest & there will undoubtedly be others, unfortunately 😝

@hibs.net private member vincipernoi's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: eh? Wii Code: eh?
    renewed x 4

back of the net

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Me and my Dad have renewed, and my Aunt will also be joining us with her first ever ST. Fully appreciate though if others aren't able to renew/don't want to given the uncertainty.

Renewed...

That’s my Dad and I renewed. GGTTH

Renewed using payment plan.

Impressed with Rons vision.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    There are many, many people with far bigger problems at the moment than what I recount below, which probably comes across as a bit “first world problems”, in terms of an exchange that took place with the Ticket Office earlier today, which in summary involves me trying to use the money I had spent on a now cancelled holiday to buy a season ticket.

Nevertheless I thought it worth flagging as in the current climate I cannot imagine any other business being offered money but being more passive about receiving it. In any other sector I’d simply walk away and buy elsewhere.

Now, I’m fortunate enough in that this is unlikely to make a big difference other than probably creating a slight delay in buying my season ticket, but if I was in charge of the ticket office I’d be doing all I can to think of creative options to ensure the sale was made – if, for example, the response had been “we don’t take AmEx but if you want to withdraw the funds at an ATM we’ll cover the transaction cost” I’d have lauded that commerciality and likely have told the club not to bother and I’d cover it myself.

Me: I’m due to receive a number of credits to my AmEx card in respect of cancelled travel and hotel bookings that I was due to take over the coming months. On this basis is there any way in which I could renew my season ticket by AmEx in order to make use of these monies please?

Ticket Office: Hi James, Thanks for your email, unfortunately we don’t accept American Express.

Me: Thanks for your quick response. Do you know if the club's season ticket finance provider accepts Amex? One option I may consider if so is engaging in the payment plan and then clearing the full balance immediately if this allows me to use my Amex credit.

Ticket Office: Hi James, I am not sure on that one, have you had a look at their website or tried to give them a call to make sure this would be ok to do?

Me: There's no obvious information on their website on this I'm afraid. Would you be able to make enquiries with them on my behalf please? Given there is at least a chance that a number of supporters may find themselves in my position given the number of travel reservations being cancelled and refunded at the moment it might be worth having an answer to this on the stocks (or perhaps even exploring the introduction of an Amex or PayPal function, even temporarily?)

Ticket Office: Hi James, Having looked on their website they are no longer taking inbound calls due to COVID-19. Here is their email address customerservices@v12finance.com
    Last edited by Jamesie; 31-03-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I'm going to have a number of refunds coming on to my American Express card from travel and hotels I had booked for trips later in the year. I anticipate trying to make a cash withdrawal on my AmEx card would incur swingeing fees. Anyone worked out a clever way to buy a season ticket using AmEx (I know as of last season Hibs only took Visa and Mastercard and no PayPal).
    if your account is in DR ask them to transfer the cash into your current a/c , ive done this was refunds already on my credit card (although wasnt amex)

Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    if your account is in DR ask them to transfer the cash into your current a/c , ive done this was refunds already on my credit card (although wasnt amex)
    Cheers - I’ve done that in the past where my Visa card and current account were with the same bank: this is a BA Amex card unfortunately.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Just bought mine as someone else said need something to look forward to and 5 hour round trips seems just the token

MOAN THE HIBEES!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Cheers - I’ve done that in the past where my Visa card and current account were with the same bank: this is a BA Amex card unfortunately.
    Can you not use it for your monthly shopping for a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Can you not use it for your monthly shopping for a bit
    That will probably be what I'll have to do although I need to double check as I think some cards penalise you for being in credit: it's not in the issuer's interests! 😁 Would have much preferred to give it to Hibs right now!

I just tried to renew my 2. I've always used the payment plan - but for whatever reason I've been declined this time!
    Never missed a payment in my puff, and my credit score is good 🤔

Anyone else had problems or been declined??

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    There are many, many people with far bigger problems at the moment than what I recount below, which probably comes across as a bit “first world problems”, in terms of an exchange that took place with the Ticket Office earlier today, which in summary involves me trying to use the money I had spent on a now cancelled holiday to buy a season ticket.

Nevertheless I thought it worth flagging as in the current climate I cannot imagine any other business being offered money but being more passive about receiving it. In any other sector I’d simply walk away and buy elsewhere.

Now, I’m fortunate enough in that this is unlikely to make a big difference other than probably creating a slight delay in buying my season ticket, but if I was in charge of the ticket office I’d be doing all I can to think of creative options to ensure the sale was made – if, for example, the response had been “we don’t take AmEx but if you want to withdraw the funds at an ATM we’ll cover the transaction cost” I’d have lauded that commerciality and likely have told the club not to bother and I’d cover it myself.

Me: I’m due to receive a number of credits to my AmEx card in respect of cancelled travel and hotel bookings that I was due to take over the coming months. On this basis is there any way in which I could renew my season ticket by AmEx in order to make use of these monies please?

Ticket Office: Hi James, Thanks for your email, unfortunately we don’t accept American Express.

Me: Thanks for your quick response. Do you know if the club's season ticket finance provider accepts Amex? One option I may consider if so is engaging in the payment plan and then clearing the full balance immediately if this allows me to use my Amex credit.

Ticket Office: Hi James, I am not sure on that one, have you had a look at their website or tried to give them a call to make sure this would be ok to do?

Me: There's no obvious information on their website on this I'm afraid. Would you be able to make enquiries with them on my behalf please? Given there is at least a chance that a number of supporters may find themselves in my position given the number of travel reservations being cancelled and refunded at the moment it might be worth having an answer to this on the stocks (or perhaps even exploring the introduction of an Amex or PayPal function, even temporarily?)

Ticket Office: Hi James, Having looked on their website they are no longer taking inbound calls due to COVID-19. Here is their email address customerservices@v12finance.com
    Can’t see anything they’ve done wrong here to be honest. They’ve actually went above and beyond in getting you the email address for the third party, I’d have told to you to go get it yourself.

Might it be possible to take out a Revolut or post office pre paid card, then top it up with a payment from your Amex card? Then pay hibs from your pre paid card. I don’t know about Amex but I easily transfer money from my Visa card for holiday use.

Very much a first world problem Jamesie. I used to have an Amex Card until about 2001 when I ditched it. Businesses started turning it down mostly due to the charges Amex levied on them to take your money. It is not a credit card but a charge card and frankly they fleece suppliers for no good reason other than they can.

Whilst I had the card (Gold by the way) I still had a normal credit card and a normal debit cards via VISA and MasterCard for those day to day transactions and fee free ATM transactions. You've made a choice to run with a charge card fewer and fewer businesses are prepared to deal with. Not the clubs problem but perhaps a lesson for people not to put their eggs all in one basket or choose a product based on status and image rather than fitness for purpose. A bit like a Blackberry niche user complaining that Android and iOS are now ubiquitous.
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 31-03-2020 at 05:48 PM.

I can't see anything that the club have done wrong here at all. I agree with the poster above that they didn't need to go and find the V12 contact information, you could have done that yourself.

I agree it would be good if they had a PayPal option but a lot of companies don't take PayPal so they aren't alone in that.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar

Can’t see anything they’ve done wrong here to be honest. They’ve actually went above and beyond in getting you the email address for the third party, I’d have told to you to go get it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    I agree to a point, but already you see reports of McColl, he who can't build ferries, suggesting he's ready to invest & there will undoubtedly be others, unfortunately 😝

Don't take that too seriously, he has no intention of putting any of his money into Rangers.

He has already said as much himself.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Very much a first world problem Jamesie. I used to have an Amex Card until about 2001 when I ditched it. Businesses started turning it down mostly due to the charges Amex levied on them to take your money. It is not a credit card but a charge card and frankly they fleece suppliers for no good reason other than they can.

Whilst I had the card (Gold by the way) I still had a normal credit card and a normal debit cards via VISA and MasterCard for those day to day transactions and fee free ATM transactions. You've made a choice to run with a charge card fewer and fewer businesses are prepared to deal with. Not the clubs problem but perhaps a lesson for people not to put their eggs all in one basket or choose a product based on status and image rather than fitness for purpose. A bit like a Blackberry niche user complaining that Android and iOS are now ubiquitous.
    Agree with all of that other than the bit about status and image and fitness for purpose - my card doesn’t incur any annual charge and the sole reason I use it is not to be “flash” but to collect Avios points (1 point per £1) so I try and buy almost everything I can with it: and I have noticed in the last few years that more and more retailers, including small shops, have started to accept AmEx so I presume it is being marketed on more favourable terms than I agree was the case in the past.

All of that said I complete accept and reiterate that this is very much a first world problem!

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Agree with all of that other than the bit about status and image and fitness for purpose - my card doesn’t incur any annual charge and the sole reason I use it is not to be “flash” but to collect Avios points (1 point per £1) so I try and buy almost everything I can with it: and I have noticed in the last few years that more and more retailers, including small shops, have started to accept AmEx so I presume it is being marketed on more favourable terms than I agree was the case in the past.

All of that said I complete accept and reiterate that this is very much a first world problem!
    I see where you are coming from , I have a BA Amex too, also for the Avios, however if someone doesn’t take it, then so be it. I’m guessing it’s the only credit card you have.

It’s companies choice which cards they accept, I also though it would be an easy 420 avios, but I ended up sticking in on another card. It’s no big deal missing out on a few points, and certainly not worth going around the house just to use that card. Hibs don’t take it, looks like V12 don’t take it, just suck it up and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I just tried to renew my 2. I've always used the payment plan - but for whatever reason I've been declined this time!
    Never missed a payment in my puff, and my credit score is good 🤔

Anyone else had problems or been declined??
    Not sure if you’re on the PM board but there’s a few comments over there about this. Are you self employed by any chance?

Left by mutual consent!
    Not sure if you’re on the PM board but there’s a few comments over there about this. Are you self employed by any chance?
    Pm board?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Pm board?
    Private Member

Not on PM board, but yes I am self employed.....I had a sneaking suspicion this might be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    Not on PM board, but yes I am self employed.....I had a sneaking suspicion this might be an issue.
    I got an immediate decline and emailed them to ask why - as my credit record is good. They just said I didn’t meet their current lending criteria so I assumed that could only be down to employment status.

I found out by chance today that you can get a free credit score with RBS for the credit ref agency V12 use themselves. My score was excellent so I emailed V12 to tell them this and a short while later got an email saying my application had been accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Not wanting to put a dampener on things as the numbers are very good and its superb that amount and more have already committed...

But if we spend this money now to see us through the covid-19 period. We not potentially gonna be pretty donald ducked this time next season?

1000 season tickets probably equates to 4000 Celtic due this weekend, 4000 huns and 2000 sheep in the top 6 if we made it? Need another 1000 just to make up the shared gates and other income from the semi final? Next season should be interesting as i can't see any clubs matching this seasons and previous seasons spending.
    Season tickets are always on sale at this time of year. We will be fine next season because football is all relative. All our opponents will be skint as well. Hibs will be careful with the budget and will manage cash flow as they always do. We will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk