hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who are we to argue with the wisdom of Gary Locke

2. Log in to remove the advert

Very good start - hopefully fans can keep doing what they can to support the club.

Understand all the current situations but it will be useful for the club to get this support at a difficult time.

First Team Breakthrough hibby67's Avatar
    Not had a season ticket for a few years now but bought one yesterday to help support the club. I also have a feeling we will come out the other side of the lockdown in a stronger positions than others and the 20/21 season is going to be a exciting one

Quote Originally Posted by hibby67 View Post
    Not had a season ticket for a few years now but bought one yesterday to help support the club. I also have a feeling we will come out the other side of the lockdown in a stronger positions than others and the 20/21 season is going to be a exciting one
    Brilliant to see so many people renewing early but always extra special to hear of people coming back after a period away from Easter Road. Great stuff

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    I'm going to have a number of refunds coming on to my American Express card from travel and hotels I had booked for trips later in the year. I anticipate trying to make a cash withdrawal on my AmEx card would incur swingeing fees. Anyone worked out a clever way to buy a season ticket using AmEx (I know as of last season Hibs only took Visa and Mastercard and no PayPal).

@hibs.net private member
    You taking the piss?

Left by mutual consent!
    I can't buy a ST as I work most Saturdays however I will be purchasing new kit soon as it becomes available, plus more! Got a few things I'd like to buy next pay day too

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    You taking the piss?

Moi?

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Credit proposal accepted.. That was the quickest and easiest application i have done for season ticket finance 🇳🇬

Not wanting to put a dampener on things as the numbers are very good and its superb that amount and more have already committed...

But if we spend this money now to see us through the covid-19 period. We not potentially gonna be pretty donald ducked this time next season?

1000 season tickets probably equates to 4000 Celtic due this weekend, 4000 huns and 2000 sheep in the top 6 if we made it? Need another 1000 just to make up the shared gates and other income from the semi final? Next season should be interesting as i can't see any clubs matching this seasons and previous seasons spending.
    Last edited by Antifa Hibs; 30-03-2020 at 01:39 PM.

His wisdom is golden.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Antifa Hibs View Post
    Not wanting to put a dampener on things as the numbers are very good and its superb that amount and more have already committed...

But if we spend this money now to see us through the covid-19 period. We not potentially gonna be pretty donald ducked this time next season?

1000 season tickets probably equates to 4000 Celtic due this weekend, 4000 huns and 2000 sheep in the top 6 if we made it? Need another 1000 just to make up the shared gates and other income from the semi final? Next season should be interesting as i can't see any clubs matching this seasons and previous seasons spending.
    I agree with your sums, but what’s the other option?
    We’ve a few loans/ out of contract players at the end of the season, so maybe next season we’ll need to start using a few more younger players

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

It's all relative. There's not a club that won't be hurt by this, they'll all be using cash ear-marked for other things.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Moi?
    Whoosh? - or rather Sloosh

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I agree with your sums, but what’s the other option?
    We’ve a few loans/ out of contract players at the end of the season, so maybe next season we’ll need to start using a few more younger players
    Exactly.. We need to fight each battle as it comes. Need to get through to the end of this Coronavirus blanket on games. Cut our cloth accordingly for next season with a reduced budget.

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    Qui 😂

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar

Your last sentence sums it up and more or less answers your question.
    It’s a case of ensuring that Hibs are still here in 6 months time, that is why supporters that can afford it are buying season tickets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I'm going to have a number of refunds coming on to my American Express card from travel and hotels I had booked for trips later in the year. I anticipate trying to make a cash withdrawal on my AmEx card would incur swingeing fees. Anyone worked out a clever way to buy a season ticket using AmEx (I know as of last season Hibs only took Visa and Mastercard and no PayPal).
    Hibs used to take AmEx many years ago but stopped due to the commission they charge. You could apply for a visa or MC as there are quite a few places don't take AmEx due to their commission.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    [/B]
    Your last sentence sums it up and more or less answers your question.
    It’s a case of ensuring that Hibs are still here in 6 months time, that is why supporters that can afford it are buying season tickets now.
    Just renewed our 2 just now

I agree with the answers that people have already given as to why we feel we need to give our cash now, not later.

Basically I accept that we will then have a reduced budget next season, but better a reduced budget than no club at all.

Besides, every other club will be in the same boat, that they will probably have to use some of the budget they had earmarked for next season, so we'll definitely not be worse off than any of our rivals

...unless some of them are planning on using some incredibly dirty tricks to see them through this time, like forcing players out the door, laying off staff and maybe even a planned Admin event.

But I'd rather Hibs did things the decent way.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Two of our group signed up again for next season 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by RSS Bot View Post
    Is there an option for monthly instalments available? I was looking to renew yesterday but could access my e-ticketing account, said it didn’t recognise my details and when I asked for a password reset it hasn’t come through (not in my junk either)!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibi View Post
    Is there an option for monthly instalments available? I was looking to renew yesterday but could access my e-ticketing account, said it didn’t recognise my details and when I asked for a password reset it hasn’t come through (not in my junk either)!
    Sure is

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    There is that option

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Sure is
    Excellent, just need to get back into my account now.

Just renewed through the payment plan

The club deserve our backing for the professional way this has been handled and for trying to keep a positive feeling around the club. Compared to the way our neighbours have behaved hibs could have charged double and id have paid it. Let's come back from this break stronger than ever before and break the season ticket Sales record yet again!

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post

It was a bit subtle for me

:)

@hibs.net private member
    It was a bit subtle for me

:)
    😁

Quote Originally Posted by franks View Post
    Hibs used to take AmEx many years ago but stopped due to the commission they charge. You could apply for a visa or MC as there are quite a few places don't take AmEx due to their commission.
    Someone I worked with was making his first trip to the USA and signed up for an American Express Card. When he arrived there and tried to pay for something with the Amex Card, the vendor noticed the Visa Card in his wallet and requested that he pay with that rather than the Amex Card. It was the high commission that they charge that prompted him to do that.