hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Vote yes or no in regards to the the current proposals?

Voters
334. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vote yes and relegate Hearts

298 89.22%
  • Vote no and see what happens including league reconstruction (as reported in Evening News)

36 10.78%
Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member

KP - Hibs Voting Intentions

I posted this in the generic hearts thread and I do not claim to represent the majority of hibs fans, but going by the comments on here, on twitter and speaking to friends, it seems that the majority, support the proposals as they stand. Original post below and I’ll try and do a poll (never done one before).

I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when Hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

If she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no, and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league but I am willing to sacrifice these benefits in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and their failure to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of the proposals as they stand can you communicate this to the board in no uncertain terms?

2. Log in to remove the advert

I doubt you’ll get feedback on this from the board. On issues that matter we are never consulted.
    Luckily though, it’s season ticket sale time so if there is ever a time the board listen to the fans it’s now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Vote yes. Cannae vote on the iPhone. There’s no reason for Dempster to vote otherwise, they ****s would vote us down.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I doubt you’ll get feedback on this from the board. On issues that matter we are never consulted.
    Luckily though, it’s season ticket sale time so if there is ever a time the board listen to the fans it’s now.

Ozy, I’m not expecting feedback from the board, but on such an important topic, this is the very reason fans reps were introduced.

KP couldn’t possibly do a better job as a fan rep, and he is our link to the board so hopefully if the fans make their views known he can make the relevant representation.

Testimonial Due Capt Mainwaring's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    I posted this in the generic hearts thread and I do not claim to represent the majority of hibs fans, but going by the comments on here, on twitter and speaking to friends, it seems that the majority, support the proposals as they stand. Original post below and I’ll try and do a poll (never done one before).

I’ve supported LD on this forum when she was getting a little bit of abuse when Hecky was here. I think she has done a terrific job and we are lucky to have her, but....

If she votes to save hearts in any way, shape or form, she will have lost any confidence I have in her.

Can we get a poll on here so we can make it abundantly clear to LD and KP exactly what the fans think.

I understand the reasoning behind voting no, and the commercial benefits to the club in finishing the league but I am willing to sacrifice these benefits in order to give hearts exactly what they deserve. Especially after all the years of their financial doping and their failure to learn a single lesson.

If LD votes against the fans wishes, it could very well be her undoing.

KP if there is a clear majority of fans wanting LD to vote in favour of the proposals as they stand can you communicate this to the board in no uncertain terms?
    You would do well to outline the financial impact for Hibs if the proposal is voted through, and Hibs finish 7th ( eg lower Prize Money of £125k) and (with Hearts relegated the differential loss of income from up to 2 x derby games v 2 x Dundee Utd) next season

There will be other impacts for sure and adverse consequences for Hibs.

So to help people consider their voting intentions allow them to see the potential downside for us

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.
    Last edited by Capt Mainwaring; 09-04-2020 at 12:34 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Mainwaring View Post
    You would do well to outline the financial impact for Hibs if the proposal is voted through, and Hibs finish 7th ( eg lower Prize Money of £125k) and (with Hearts relegated the differential loss of income from up to 2 x derby games v 2 x Dundee Utd) next season

There will be other impacts for sure

So to help people consider their voting intentions allow them to see the potential downside for us

Every club will likely act in their own interests. The stance Hearts are taking is not unreasonable, and frankly if Hibs were in the same position we’d all want the Hibs Board to do the same.
    No doubt, if hearts had beaten St Mirren a few weeks ago, they’d be screaming from the rooftops to end the season as it stands.

As I said, I understand the cost implications of finishing the season and losing the income from 2 derbies but we also have the positive of starting the new season quicker and benefitting from the new and improved TV deal with sky.

Clean end to the season, clean start to the next when we can. Lose money from derby and league place. Gain money from new TV deal and give hearts what they deserve.

No brainer for me.

Left by mutual consent!

We could actually finish much lower than 7th and have support against the club for voting to keep they ****s up.

I couldn’t care less what the hearts board do. The league should end as it’s been proposed. We vote otherwise expect a lot of drop off in season ticket sales and fans not going back. Why the **** would we want to accommodate the huns and hearts?

Id be ok with league reconstruction, as long as it's not just to 14, and as i read somewhere else, only for a season to even things out.

It has to be a 16, 18 or even 20 top flight.

id prefer 18.

3 up and 3 down.

Im not sure about keeping the split either, ive never been the biggest fan.

If it saves Hearts, then so be it.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar

The financial impact of fans being p1ssed off and not buying season tickets also needs to be considered.

Left by mutual consent!
    No doubt, if hearts had beaten St Mirren a few weeks ago, they’d be screaming from the rooftops to end the season as it stands.

As I said, I understand the cost implications of finishing the season and losing the income from 2 derbies but we also have the positive of starting the new season quicker and benefitting from the new and improved TV deal with sky.

Clean end to the season, clean start to the next when we can. Lose money from derby and league place. Gain money from new TV deal and give hearts what they deserve.

No brainer for me.
    Do you know the bit that concerns me?

If hearts beat St Mirren a few weeks back, would Dempster still be looking towards not voting this through?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Do you know the bit that concerns me?

If hearts beat St Mirren a few weeks back, would Dempster still be looking towards not voting this through?
    LD does seem to like having a good working relationship with Budge which is admirable, but Budge takes great delight in taking sly digs at every opportunity. I can’t be bothered listing them all but we all know the examples.

The big question for me is whether if the scenario was reversed and we were bottom, would Budge save us?

Not a hope in hell.

If Dundee Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle, Sheff Wed, Bristol City etc voted to send their local rivals down when they were just 4 pts adrift with 8 games left, I'd think they were an absolute disgrace.

Think about it.

Sorry, but I voted for option 'B'

That is NOT out of any regard for Hearts, once more they have overspent on a squad they couldn't afford .. but so far as I can see this time they haven't done it by cheating local businesses or Lithuanian pensioners out of their money .. Stupid overspending is rife in football and doing it hardly makes Hertz unique, in fact if anybody has been cheated its the thousands of their own fans who have pumped in millions and ended up with a pish team, a pish stand and seem no nearer owning their club than they were 4 years ago ... though like everybody else I would love to see who the mystery benefactors are.

IMO there is no chance this season will be played to a finish and we have to start now figuring out how to limit the damage the premature end of this one has caused. In my honest opinion the only way to do that is to play next season with a 14 team league and adjust the other three leagues accordingly, even if that means having two leagues of 14 under the premiership both with a split. The uglies will bitch about sustaining a Euro challenge with too many domestic fixtures if that is how it works out, but this is for the overall good of the game and they will have to suck it up.

Even that way some teams will still suffer like Dundee and Ayr Utd who were placed to challenge for a play off spot .. but there is no way to avoid that ... If Hearts are relegated and replaced with Dundee Utd then Ayr and Dundee are no better off anyway .. the same if the premiership was declared void, which would be so unfair to Dundee Utd its not true, they were 100% certs for promotion.

As I said .... Hibby or not, and notwithstanding the fact that the team who would suffer is Hearts, I can't ignore the fact that they were miles from being certainties to go down with 24 points still to play for and I would have the same opinion no matter who had been bottom of the league .. clubs all over the world have escaped relegation from far worse positions countless times.

That's my honest opinion and if it makes me unpopular on here I'll just have to live with it ... Oh and by the way, I've seen other folk saying on the Hearts thread that they might or will not renew if Hearts aren't relegated ... f'ing really !!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

That is NOT out of any regard for Hearts, once more they have overspent on a squad they couldn't afford .. but so far as I can see this time they haven't done it by cheating local businesses or Lithuanian pensioners out of their money .. Stupid overspending is rife in football and doing it hardly makes Hertz unique, in fact if anybody has been cheated its the thousands of their own fans who have pumped in millions and ended up with a pish team, a pish stand and seem no nearer owning their club than they were 4 years ago ... though like everybody else I would love to see who the mystery benefactors are.

IMO there is no chance this season will be played to a finish and we have to start now figuring out how to limit the damage the premature end of this one has caused. In my honest opinion the only way to do that is to play next season with a 14 team league and adjust the other three leagues accordingly, even if that means having two leagues of 14 under the premiership both with a split. The uglies will bitch about sustaining a Euro challenge with too many domestic fixtures if that is how it works out, but this is for the overall good of the game and they will have to suck it up.

Even that way some teams will still suffer like Dundee and Ayr Utd who were placed to challenge for a play off spot .. but there is no way to avoid that ... If Hearts are relegated and replaced with Dundee Utd then Ayr and Dundee are no better off anyway .. the same if the premiership was declared void, which would be so unfair to Dundee Utd its not true, they were 100% certs for promotion.

As I said .... Hibby or not, and notwithstanding the fact that the team who would suffer is Hearts, I can't ignore the fact that they were miles from being certainties to go down with 24 points still to play for and I would have the same opinion no matter who had been bottom of the league .. clubs all over the world have escaped relegation from far worse positions countless times.

That's my honest opinion and if it makes me unpopular on here I'll just have to live with it ... Oh and by the way, I've seen other folk saying on the Hearts thread that they might or will not renew if Hearts aren't relegated ... f'ing really !!!
    Completely understand and respect your view. Whether it be Hearts or St Mirren that are bottom, I believe that ending the season as it stands is the far better option but that’s a debate for another thread.

The fact that it’s hearts however and their mismanagement and shoddy treatment of their staff recently, along with their overspending and financial history, only reinforces my view that the season should end as it stands.

Left by mutual consent!
    LD does seem to like having a good working relationship with Budge which is admirable, but Budge takes great delight in taking sly digs at every opportunity. I can’t be bothered listing them all but we all know the examples.

The big question for me is whether if the scenario was reversed and we were bottom, would Budge save us?

Not a hope in hell.
    💚

Left by mutual consent!

So we go to a 14 team season next year and have a shocker of a start and end up in the bottom half, miss the money we get from old firm coming to town or even worse end up in the bottom three and go down or have a playoff - all to make sure hearts don’t get relegated? **** that for a laugh.

I can see why folk might think that there is no point buying a season ticket for a team that always works to help their rival. I can definitely see people not really being totally on board with that. Especially in the biggest recession in history. I would think that those circumstances would not be a good time to upset your paying customers but what do I know?
    6 years on from the disgrace of getting ourselves relegated at the exact time they were supposed to be getting their comeuppance for years of cheating, we are about to give them another get out of jail card?
    I really don’t think we will do it but with Hibs you never know and with Dempster giving Rangers a free pass last time then I’m more than a little concerned at her weak statement last night.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 09-04-2020 at 01:30 AM.

Completely understand and respect your view. Whether it be Hearts or St Mirren that are bottom, I believe that ending the season as it stands is the far better option but that’s a debate for another thread.

The fact that it’s hearts however and their mismanagement and shoddy treatment of their staff recently, along with their overspending and financial history, only reinforces my view that the season should end as it stands.
    A reasonable reply mate. From my POV it's not just about Hearts as a club, who without a doubt have been so badly run they can't complain about the position they find themselves in. I'm purely looking at this from two angles:

Firstly I just can't in all honesty see the fairness in relegating a club, even them with their history, in circumstances which are so unbelievably unique and with so much of the season still to play, nor can I see how it would be fair on any club's supporters, even theirs .. said through gritted teeth I assure you.

Secondly, The only way I can see which will satisfy as many clubs fans as possible, never mind the clubs themselves, is for a league set up next season which includes the top two in the championship .... it's no secret that ICT are teetering on the brink and a season in the premiership will probably save them from going under ... folk don't even seem to be thinking about them ... in all honesty beaten to the championship title by a club whose spending is no less excessive than Hearts for the league they are in.

Can anybody in all honesty, hand on heart, say they would have seen any fairness in Hibs being relegated if we had been bottom of the league when play stopped in these circumstances ... I sure as hell couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    So we go to a 14 team season next year and have a shocker of a start and end up in the bottom half, miss the money we get from old firm coming to town or even worse end up in the bottom three and go down or have a playoff - all to make sure hearts don’t get relegated? **** that for a laugh.
    No offence mate, but that scenario is just as likely if we are in a 12 team league with Dundee Utd ... and it's not just about Hearts, its about fairness as I see it.

No offence mate, but that scenario is just as likely if we are in a 12 team league with Dundee Utd ... and it's not just about Hearts, its about fairness as I see it.
    Fairness?

They won’t be wrong if Dempster votes to save them.

Should Steven Naismith spend the rest of his life in prison for being a knobhead?

Yes 99.7%

No 0.3%

I can see why folk might think that there is no point buying a season ticket for a team that always works to help their rival. I can definitely see people not really being totally on board with that. Especially in the biggest recession in history. I would think that those circumstances would not be a good time to upset your paying customers but what do I know?
    6 years on from the disgrace of getting ourselves relegated at the exact time they were supposed to be getting their comeuppance for years of cheating, we are about to give them another get out of jail card?
    I really don’t think we will do it but with Hibs you never know and with Dempster giving Rangers a free pass last time then I’m more than a little concerned at her weak statement last night.

In my opinion this situation is miles removed from the Sevco carry on. I buy a season ticket to support my club and watch it play football matches ... I see no sporting problem in these circumstances in trying to ease the pain for as many clubs as possible, if Hearts are the main beneficiaries then so be it .... where's the outcry against ICT, Dundee or Ayr Utd being denied a shot at the 2nd bottom premiership club if we are all going so Mother Teresa over sporting integrity? ... I must have missed that.

I have the same healthy dislike of Hearts as any Hibby .... but there is no way in hell that I would even consider penalising my club, especially in these times, just coz they didn't take a chance to stick the boot in ... I prefer my derby victories on the park thanks all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    Should Steven Naismith spend the rest of his life in prison for being a knobhead?

Yes 99.7%

No 0.3%
    The fans have spoken, Judge Dempster, do you thing.

Fairness?

I am not in any way saying that of all the football clubs in Scotland Hearts should expect fairness ... far from it. But I can't ignore what I believe to be true just because I don't like the bugger who will inadvertently benefit from it.

It's a bit like the death penalty ... I am fervently against it, but that doesn't mean to say I don't recognise that there aren't folk out there who would benefit from a good hanging .. even so against it I am and always will be
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 09-04-2020 at 02:06 AM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    There’s no good reason for saving that mob from relegation. I’m shocked anyone is even suggesting it.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member
    Was there a statement? I’ve only seen the EEN article?

If we vote to keep hearts in the league im asking for a refund on my season ticket. Bad enough letting them come to our place and take 6 points this season, but to go and do this would be even by our soft standards a truly horrifying decision.

Vote them down. They are using the situation to there own advantage.
    I’ll give up on Scottish football if they get to stay up.
    The very last case is we should wait and play out the games.
    No point in timescales now anyway.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...y-calm-2533749

I dont think LD says anything particularly controversial in this article.

If anything, the underlying tone is - lets see what happens next in the lockdown and make a decision on this and next season.

For me, that seems to mean that (when, not if) the UK and Scottish govts tell us that we are effectively in lockdown for another X weeks that football and Hibs will make a decision then.

She is fairly clear that she doesnt see voiding the season as an option and has told Budge that.

I should say that I want Hearts relegated, they deserve to be relegated and I would hate it to be Hibs that saved them.

This issue doesnt really impact on the ST renewal as I dont have the cash (and am self emp with zero income) to get one right now.