hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think Netflix just take anything if its free. There are many people who would kill to have their productions on netflix for free. Time for hereos is special to us but really wouldn't be to many others.
    You will be surprised lots of people think it is a great story

I have been all around the world and once I show people SDG kissing the Cup on my phone they know right away who I support they nod and laugh and tell me they saw it on TV Football is a universal language

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Like Sunderland is only watched by Sunderland fans?
    Bigger club, show full of juicy gossip and drama, chance for Newcastle fans to laugh? Yeah, mindblowing to suggest that would get more viewers than us winning the cup that only we care about.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    You will be surprised lots of people think it is a great story

I have been all around the world and once I show people SDG kissing the Cup on my phone they know right away who I support they nod and laugh and tell me they saw it on TV Football is a universal language
    It is a great story no doubt. It wouldn't draw millions of viewers on Netflix though.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    [QUOTE=MWHIBBIES;6132914]Bigger club, show full of juicy gossip and drama, chance for Newcastle fans to laugh? Yeah, mindblowing to suggest that would get more viewers than us winning the cup that only we care about

I watched I Tonia the other night but have absolutely no interest in ice skating. People will watch stuff that they have no interest in, especially at this time of decreased social activities.

Wonder if they'll title the Jambo version
    "Hertz... While They Died"?
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 02-04-2020 at 03:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Also football folk will watch almost anything to do with football at the moment. How many of us have been watching heaps of YouTube videos of everything from Arsenal to Zidane and everything in between?

Time for Heroes was targeted specifically at Hibs fans so that would really be of limited appeal.

The wider Hibs Scottish Cup Story culminating in the 2016 victory was an absolute cracker though and TfH redone to suit a wider audience could, imo, be a colossal success.

Sunderland Til I Die is aimed at a far wider audience than just Sunderland fans - in fact, many Sunderland fans don't like it.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Enjoyed season 2 as much as i enjoyed season 1 , Brilliant

Sunderland losing on penalty's in the final of that wee cup then heartbreaking losing the play off final in the last minute to Charlton , Like the Sunderland fan said ' Why is it always us ' Brought me right back to Hibs until we landed the Scottish cup , Can completely relate to that ..Always thought Hibs were the unluckiest team in the world

As a side note that Ozturk got sent off in the play off 1st leg semi final but then played the 2nd leg THEN the play off final so what game did he miss for seeing red ?

Also found it strange they sold 46 thousand tickets for a boxing day game against Bradford but struggled to sell 25 thousand tickets for the play off game at home in what surely was a HUNDRED times bigger game

Jack Ross came out good but that Bellend Charlie was an utter muppet ...'Look at me...look at me..'

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Watching it just now. What a bellend the chap obsessed with the Boxing Day attendance is.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Enjoyed season 2 as much as i enjoyed season 1 , Brilliant

Sunderland losing on penalty's in the final of that wee cup then heartbreaking losing the play off final in the last minute to Charlton , Like the Sunderland fan said ' Why is it always us ' Brought me right back to Hibs until we landed the Scottish cup , Can completely relate to that ..Always thought Hibs were the unluckiest team in the world

As a side note that Ozturk got sent off in the play off 1st leg semi final but then played the 2nd leg THEN the play off final so what game did he miss for seeing red ?

Also found it strange they sold 46 thousand tickets for a boxing day game against Bradford but struggled to sell 25 thousand tickets for the play off game at home in what surely was a HUNDRED times bigger game

Jack Ross came out good but that Bellend Charlie was an utter muppet ...'Look at me...look at me..'
    Ozturk won appeal so played in 2nd leg

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal G View Post
    Ozturk won appeal so played in 2nd leg

Did think it was harsh , Sunderland fans screaming he won the ball , Certainly looked like it ....Referee's getting absolute massive decisions wrong in multi million pound games , Yet they hide behind a shield and it's not mandatory for them to give an explanation after the game , That needs sorted pronto !

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Do they only have 2 songs?

That episode where they signed Will Grigg is absolutely mental.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Where Jack Ross told him not to go above a million as he is not worth it but They signed him anyway for 3 million ? Staggering

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    Where Jack Ross told him not to go above a million as he is not worth it but They signed him anyway for 3 million ? Staggering
    Then the comments on the radio show the episode after. Crazy.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Their season is how our season would have been if we'd lost the Scottish Cup Final. So many similarities and so, so close to it being something fantastic instead. They were a baw hair from a cup and promotion.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Wonder if they'll title the Jambo version
    "Hertz... While They Died"?
    Fudland 'Til I Die.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Some of it didn't ring very true. Heavily edited. No way did anyone sign for a club whilst still under contract without the consent of the club that holds their contract. They should have held onto Josh whatsit until the summer. Catastrophic decision making. They must think the fans zip up the back.

The Charlie Methven guy reminds me so much of David Duff.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Do they only have 2 songs?
    They're a big massive super club so surely not

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Fudland 'Til I Die.
    Sisters hand on my thigh?

What I find mental is Jack Ross was probably told you have 1.25 to spend on a striker. If he had 3/4 mill to spend I’m sure it wouldn’t have been on will Grigg
    Losing maja was the beginning of the end. Any team losing potentially 30odd goals a season would struggle. Be like Celtc or rangers losing edouard or Morelos

I didn't get a lot of the good press for Coleman in the last series. Seemed a nice guy but failed to get anything out of the players. Watching this series though I'm not sure anyone can succeed at Sunderland. The players strolling in late for the 1st day back at training and it all being a bit of a joke summed up the mentality that was in place. They are a shambles.

Jack Ross came across pretty well as did a lot of the backroom people.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Spoiler Alert: After Josh Maja was sold and they brought in the misfiring Will Grigg the fans started to complain that their team couldnae score couldnae defend and had too many draws it would have been interesting to see how Jack Ross handled this added pressure on the training ground and in prematch team talks but fair play to him he got them to a Cup Final and a Play Off Final with a star striker sold from under him and with a player he obviously did not want at the money they paid
    There is no doubt they would be back in the Championship if they had kept Maja and run down his contract but the two guys in charge didnae help

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Some of it didn't ring very true. Heavily edited. No way did anyone sign for a club whilst still under contract without the consent of the club that holds their contract. They should have held onto Josh whatsit until the summer. Catastrophic decision making. They must think the fans zip up the back.

The Charlie Methven guy reminds me so much of David Duff.
    Agreed. That sale would have to be ok'd before he could go.

Didnt ring true.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    With hindsight shudda just run down his contract taken the hit and would have been in the Championship this season
    Exactly.
    Compounded the mistake by buying a player for £3 million who Ross told them was worth £1.25 million. There is also the matter of Griggs ongoing wages. Donald's right hand man also told him not to do it but he ignored him as well. No point in having a sound right hand man and a manager if you ignore them.

As for Methven. Lots of noise but little substance. The Trump of Sunderland.
    He made the staff's lives a misery. No long term gain in that strategy.

Slagging the previous regime was also wrong.
    The simple reason the club was in such a mess previously was that they had been unable to shake off the high earners quickly enough as they fell through the Divisions.
    If they had taken their final spoon of medicine last season they would have bucketed the last of the high earners last summer but instead added another in Grigg.

Back to the original point they should have kept Maja. They would have almost certainly been promoted and it would have been cheaper than what they eventually did to fail.
    The other appalling mistake was selling Maja before they had a replacement. At that point all the other teams knew they were desperate for another striker. Madness.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-04-2020 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Exactly.
    Compounded the mistake by buying a player for £3 million who Ross told them was worth £1.25 million. There is also the matter of Griggs ongoing wages. Donald's right hand man also told him not to do it but he ignored him as well. No point in having a sound right hand man and a manager if you ignore them.

As for Methven. Lots of noise but little substance. The Trump of Sunderland.
    He made the staff's lives a misery. No long term gain in that strategy.

Slagging the previous regime was also wrong.
    The simple reason the club was in such a mess previously was that they had been unable to shake off the high earners quickly enough as they fell through the Divisions.
    If they had taken their final spoon of medicine last season they would have bucketed the last of the high earners last summer but instead added another in Grigg.

Back to the original point they should have kept Maja. They would have almost certainly been promoted and it would have been cheaper than what they eventually did to fail.
    The other appalling mistake was selling Maja before they had a replacement. At that point all the other teams knew they were desperate for another striker. Madness.
    In the 1st couple of episodes I didn't get a lot of the criticism I'd read about Methven. A bit of an empty vessel but he was just saying the same things every football administrator says when they go into a new job. We've heard the same stuff at Hibs often enough.

However as the series progressed it became increasingly clear he was a pretty horrible individual and he treated some people really poorly.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    In the 1st couple of episodes I didn't get a lot of the criticism I'd read about Methven. A bit of an empty vessel but he was just saying the same things every football administrator says when they go into a new job. We've heard the same stuff at Hibs often enough.

However as the series progressed it became increasingly clear he was a pretty horrible individual and he treated some people really poorly.
    The footage where he is obnoxious towards his female assistant on the touchline at the boxing day game where he demands the attendance figure was beyond the pale. If I was her husband or father I would be fuming and looking to chin him. Disrespectful in the extreme. Imagine how he behaves towards staff when the camera isn't rolling.
    Been rationing myself and will watch the last 2 episodes tonight.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 03-04-2020 at 12:21 PM.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The footage where he is obnoxious towards his female assistant on the touchline at the boxing day game where he demands the attendance figure was beyond the pale. If I was her husband or father I would be chinning or nutting him when my wife or daughter moved on. Disrespectful in the extreme. Imagine what he is like to staff when the camera isn't rolling.
    I've still to watch the last 2 episodes
    Agreed, he was acting like a total tool. Ego driven, wanted to announce the record crowd to the crowd. Fair enough, but as with most things in life, no need to come the ****.

Is this tool still involved with Sunderland?

It also shows how precarious football management is. Methven and the other guy clearly decided to sell Maja late in the day, not allowing time for the football operations to identify a suitable replacement. I'm sure Ross would have preferred the laddie stayed and went for nowt at the end of the season.

That kind of stuff undermines the credibility of the series for me. A very glossed over version of the reality of running a football team.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    The footage where he is obnoxious towards his female assistant on the touchline at the boxing day game where he demands the attendance figure was beyond the pale. If I was her husband or father I would be fuming and looking to chin him. Disrespectful in the extreme. Imagine how he behaves towards staff when the camera isn't rolling.
    Been rationing myself and will watch the last 2 episodes tonight.
    That entire bit made me cringe. Horrible behaviour. Sure it looked like she’d been sacked at the end of that episode too.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Why sell their top scorer for €1.5 m . Can’t understand why they did that . Had they kept him ,they would have been promoted.
    They pretty much threw Jack Ross under the bus but their loss is our gain .
    We all know how their long suffering fans felt . Thank f
    for 2016 .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Why sell their top scorer for €1.5 m . Can’t understand why they did that . Had they kept him ,they would have been promoted.
    They pretty much threw Jack Ross under the bus but their loss is our gain .
    We all know how their long suffering fans felt . Thank f
    for 2016 .
    To be fair they're far more used to lack of success than Hibs fans. They haven't won anything for 47 years and played four European games in their history! I doubt they'll get to Wembley twice in one season again.
    Last edited by Since452; 03-04-2020 at 02:45 PM.