hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Simon Murray

Simon Murray

Surely worth considering now a free agent and back in scotland?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Nope. After a good start with us he barely kicked a ball and we improved after he left. Cracking guy and thought a lot of him, but it would be a big step backwards, imho.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Would have him back no problem I thought the signing of stokes was a big factor in his form dipping.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Think he'd compliment Doidge really well actually. And free as well. Why not!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brilliant nutmeg on Soapy Soutar ball was in the onion bag before you could say “natural order” fast as you like!

No thanks. There will be better available for the money we can afford by August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Brilliant nutmeg on Soapy Soutar ball was in the onion bag before you could say “natural order” fast as you like!
    I did get quite nostalgic watching those highlights along with the 2-0 game that McLaren scored in, hard to think of another period in which we had that swagger Vs them.

Left by mutual consent!
    He’s going to Australia apparently. Won’t be back at Hibernian.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Would offer far more than Marc McNulty, even as an option off the bench.

Two cracking goals, at Ibrox and a winner against Hearts and really seemed to buy into Hibs. One of the good guys anyway.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Would have him back no problem I thought the signing of stokes was a big factor in his form dipping.
    Or the fact he wasnt playing lower league teams in the league cup.

Scored against Rangers and Hearts. Apart from that he was nowhere near good enough. Contrary to popular belief amongst hibs fans, running about lots doesnt mean someone is a good player.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Would offer far more than Marc McNulty, even as an option off the bench.

Two cracking goals, at Ibrox and a winner against Hearts and really seemed to buy into Hibs. One of the good guys anyway.
    Jesus.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Jesus.
    Sorry, is that blasphemy in your book against McNulty?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Sorry, is that blasphemy in your book against McNulty?
    Marc is a much better player than Simon Murray.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Or the fact he wasnt playing lower league teams in the league cup.

Scored against Rangers and Hearts. Apart from that he was nowhere near good enough. Contrary to popular belief amongst hibs fans, running about lots doesnt mean someone is a good player.

Agreed, ex players always seem to improve in peoples minds once they have left, absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder for many Hibs fans.

Disagree. And Murray can actually score against a top 6 team and works far harder. He also wouldn't let himself get overweight like McNulty has.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Disagree. And Murray can actually score against a top 6 team and works far harder. He also wouldn't let himself get overweight like McNulty has.
    Of the teams currently in the top 6, McNulty has more goals against them for Hibs than Murray I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Agreed, ex players always seem to improve in peoples minds once they have left, absence does indeed make the heart grow fonder for many Hibs fans.
    He didn't disgrace himself in a hibs shirt. He was enthusiastic and a lot of fans love the effort. I was sad to see him go.

I'd agree though with your point about absence. It is more a lack of strikers that makes him look like a good option now. Given the big talk from Ron Gordon et al I would like to think we're looking for much better to take us forward.

I liked Murray. He's the kind of striker that plays in teams that finish 5th, 6th or 7th in the league though.

We have aspirations to be better than that. We need better players than Murray to achieve that.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    McNulty has offered nothing this season apart from his hatrick against the butchers bakers and candlestick makers

On what I have seen so far I do not expect to see him being offered a contract anytime soon

Needs to buck up his ideas big time

What was he thinking against Hearts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I liked Murray. He's the kind of striker that plays in teams that finish 5th, 6th or 7th in the league though.

We have aspirations to be better than that. We need better players than Murray to achieve that.
    I liked him as well, but I'd describe him as a squad player at best for a midtable club.

We'll need a new partner for Doidge when McNulty's loan is over but I'm looking for better than Murray if we're to consistently challenge for Europe and have good cup runs. I'd also prefer to see Gullan getting regular playing time off the bench and the occasional start as our third striker. Don't see Murray wanting to be the fourth choice or being clearly better than Gullan as the third striker.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Of the teams currently in the top 6, McNulty has more goals against them for Hibs than Murray I believe.
    Our biggest games are against hearts, rangers and Celtic. Murray scored against two of them, all McNulty has done is stamp on someone and miss a penalty.

First Team Breakthrough Audio Visual's Avatar
    Our biggest games are against hearts, rangers and Celtic. Murray scored against two of them, all McNulty has done is stamp on someone and miss a penalty.
    And brilliantly set up Horgan's equaliser at Tynecastle if you want to be slightly more measured.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    He’s going to Australia apparently. Won’t be back at Hibernian.
    Someone needs to tell him, he’s gone the wrong way😀

I was disappointed to see Murray first of all phased out of the team in favour of the (inferior IMO) Ollie Shaw and then finally sold on. I didn’t think he did all that much wrong went on a 2 or 3 game dry run after scoring at Hamilton then was benched and that was that. But in hindsight we brought in McLaren and Flo and went from strength to the strength so what do I know!

No you said top 6. Murray scored against Rangers. McNulty has goals against Motherwell and Aberdeen.

Our biggest game is the next one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post

When Stokes came in and took Murray's place his form just nosedived.. Was doing fine untul Stokes came in .

Take Simon back anytime .

@hibs.net private member
    Boyle started at Hibs with pace and 100% effort and look what that’s achieved him. Murray could be the same. However can we afford to spend that much time giving a striker the opportunity we have Boyle? I’d like to think so.

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    Boyle started at Hibs with pace and 100% effort and look what that’s achieved him. Murray could be the same. However can we afford to spend that much time giving a striker the opportunity we have Boyle? I’d like to think so.

GGTTH
    I can’t see that as a good investment...Simon Murray is 28 years old. Boyle was 21 when he came to us...

In my view, Murray is a backward step - I can’t see our rivals such as Aberdeen are considering him - neither should we