hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar

Wage deferrals at Hibs

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...s-easter-road/

Been discussed today and will continue next week. Management staff and players happy with how the club have handled the situation and are prepared to help.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Been discussed today and will continue next week. Management staff and players happy with how the club have handled the situation and are prepared to help.

End the season now get the prize money dished out

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Sounds like it’s been dealt with very professionally. Well done Hibs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    It's why I didn't join in some of the trumpeting and comedy around Hearts and Rangers. There won't be a single club in Scotland right now that aren't financially struggling to a degree.

It just shows how fragile the football salary bubble is up here - 3 weeks without a game and we're seeing widespread talk of wage reductions, potential administration etc.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Fair enough, every business has to approach the lack of revenue in which ever way they see fit to protect that business, the only hope is that business's treat their employees as fairly as possible in doing so.

The sale of McGinn would help.

However, post CoVid there is a real risk, SJM won't go for the £50m mooted before - as there will surely be some 'correction' of wages and transfers fees in the game..

Left by mutual consent!
    Classy Hibernian.

One thing with Jack Ross, he’s going to have the players back at all times and will help a lot around the club given his background.

I put this on the PM board yesterday. The players have offered to go without pay (or a reduction) until we return to training. Hanlon, Gray, And Daz spoke to the rest of the squad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    It's why I didn't join in some of the trumpeting and comedy around Hearts and Rangers. There won't be a single club in Scotland right now that aren't financially struggling to a degree.

It just shows how fragile the football salary bubble is up here - 3 weeks without a game and we're seeing widespread talk of wage reductions, potential administration etc.
    Bit different to the Hearts scenario. We’re not talking about not paying folk what they’re due.

Left by mutual consent!

The article explicitly states that Hibs are approaching things in a different way to Hearts, who have rightly taken a barrage of flak for their sledgehammer approach. No question every club will be hit hard, but it's the hapless way Hearts have dealt with the situation that has caused such a stir.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Bit different to the Hearts scenario. We’re not talking about not paying folk what they’re due.
    I absolutely understand that, I do. But clubs having to take measures to mitigate against financial losses is widespread and every club will be looking at how to tackle it in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    The article explicitly states that Hibs are approaching things in a different way to Hearts, who have rightly taken a barrage of flak for their sledgehammer approach. No question every club will be hit hard, but it's the hapless way Hearts have dealt with the situation that has caused such a stir.
    Again, I totally understand that - Hearts have made a bit of a mess of how they've handled things, and I get the feeling they might have been doing this with, or without, the global pandemic.

I genuinely believe another 2-5 (if the lockdown etc is extended) weeks of this will see many smaller clubs go to the wall.

I said the other day that I thought this would be in the current timetable.
    1. Club put out reassuring message although highlighting the potential problems ahead
    2. Season tickets put on sale to try and normalise cash streams
    3. Player wage deferrals discussed and positive noises made about players accepting its the correct route to take.

All the right way round and helps the fans to get behind the club as all players will be viewed as doing the same so putting in money for season tickets won't be begrudged for that reason.
    It's obvious that going to Tynecastle for lessons on how to run a football club has helped enormously, I assume only in so far as do the opposite to Budge and everything will be alright!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I put this on the PM board yesterday. The players have offered to go without pay (or a reduction) until we return to training. Hanlon, Gray, And Daz spoke to the rest of the squad about it.
    Can't see many in the squad prepared to disagree with Daz :)

Wage defferal is the way to go. Im assuming it will be a percentage deferred and still get some wage?

Nice to see Hibs are not talking about 50% wage cuts and not cancelling contracts

Great gesture from the players and good that the club still want to honour the contracts. That is very important.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Great gesture from the players and good that the club still want to honour the contracts. That is very important.

Our club is handling the crisis it is the correct way to all the people who are impacted by it. Full Marks Hibs.
    Last edited by Gerard; 28-03-2020 at 08:56 PM.

Just inspired me to get the season tickets bought. Done.

Nothing out of the ordinary here,
    Sounds like the same conversations that most people are having at work up and down the country. Dealt with quietly in house with respect and minimal fuss unlike some.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Hibs have done exactly what they should be doing as a community club. Treat all their employees with respect and understanding and do what’s right for them. That’s why the staff are onside with the proposed plan. GGTTH

I was reading earlier that some Juventus players and coaches are deffering wages so this is impacting clubs across the levels.

It's all about how you manage it. Talking constructively with players and opting for a deferment rather than a cut is how I would expect Hibs to handle it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    End the season now get the prize money dished out

And relegate the tramps.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

As always, it’s the way you go about things. All businesses (including mine) all hurting but most recognise a duty of care to their employees.

The wee and zombie Huns are both petty, self-serving blowhards - if you needed any more evidence, their behaviour this week just proves it.

‘It’s all about me!’

No, no, it really isn’t.

Remember, Hearts told all their staff (not just the players) to take a 50% cut or bolt, by way of a public statement - even though plenty should now be guaranteed 80% by the government.

It was reprehensible behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I was reading earlier that some Juventus players and coaches are deffering wages so this is impacting clubs across the levels.

It's all about how you manage it. Talking constructively with players and opting for a deferment rather than a cut is how I would expect Hibs to handle it.
    I was also reading that Juventus have debt of 400+Million Euros

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Sounds like it’s been dealt with very professionally. Well done Hibs.

That’s the difference when you do things professionally. I’ve no doubt our owner could have used funds put aside to keep paying the players, but this way, it shouldn’t hurt us financially if things get started sooner rather than later. The staff will probably get an increase gradually in their wages to ”catch up” monies owed. Great to see EVERY employee is treated the same.
    Difference with our fantastic club, is that there’s no media ranting, and every thing is handled efficiently. No begging bowl out, but a great time for us fans who can manage it in theses testing times financially, to renew season tickets. We’ve got the best club in the world. Let’s show we’ve got the best fans also. ⚽️💚

I absolutely understand that, I do. But clubs having to take measures to mitigate against financial losses is widespread and every club will be looking at how to tackle it in some way.

Again, I totally understand that - Hearts have made a bit of a mess of how they've handled things, and I get the feeling they might have been doing this with, or without, the global pandemic.

I genuinely believe another 2-5 (if the lockdown etc is extended) weeks of this will see many smaller clubs go to the wall.
    Saying hertz have made a "bit of a mess of this" is like saying the Titanic had a "bit of a hole in it"..

Same outcome I'll grant you!

Glad we are going down the wage deferral route and not the take a 50% cut or gtf route.

Well done to the players for getting on board and working with the club to figure out a solution.

Hibs have handled this very well whereas Hearts came out all guns blazing threatening legal action and forcing players into wage cuts

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Sounds like a sensible, mutually agreeable way forward which says huge amounts about the positive relationship between players, club and management

Don’t expect to be allowed out your house much this side of June...

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Don’t expect to be allowed out your house much this side of June...
    That sounds about right