hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Only time will tell if she a genius or a prat, but at least she came out and said what she wanted to do and why.
    If its our way of deferral, then we could lose all our reserves by the time it all kicks off again.
    There is no easy way to go with this, if your workplace has no work in the pipeline they would be telling the workforce this is what we plan to do.
    Axe jobs and reduce wages until either the work comes in or the liquidator is called!
    I know I've been in that situation and its not nice!!!!
    Far too much credit given in the first sentence or two. Her actions were callous, ill-considered and have ultimately done no end of damage. Both in optics and I'm sure at squad level. Some will say its calculated and shrewd. But hibs have shown that there were other options. That you get further when you pull together, not tear apart.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Far too much credit given in the first sentence or two. Her actions were callous, ill-considered and have ultimately done no end of damage. Both in optics and I'm sure at squad level. Some will say its calculated and shrewd. But hibs have shown that there were other options. That you get further when you pull together, not tear apart.
    We have options and money in the bank, she has no options and no money in the bank!
    If I was in their position I would make drastic actions as quickly as possible, to stave of possible administration.
    As for bad press, if they go to the wall, its the SPFL, SFA and PFA who will have been short sighted to one of their clubs plight!!!
    I know a lot on here are just waiting to see the trapdoor open on them, but whatever anyone says, they are our biggest rivals and we will lose the one game we really love to win!!!!!

We have options and money in the bank, she has no options and no money in the bank!
    If I was in their position I would make drastic actions as quickly as possible, to stave of possible administration.
    As for bad press, if they go to the wall, its the SPFL, SFA and PFA who will have been short sighted to one of their clubs plight!!!
    I know a lot on here are just waiting to see the trapdoor open on them, but whatever anyone says, they are our biggest rivals and we will lose the one game we really love to win!!!!!

Only for a year or two and that will be worth it

Testimonial Due
    Nice to see Ozil Mesut really pulling his weight at Arsenal, take a 12.5% wage cut on your £350,000 a week!
    Answer naw, I'll wait and see how it all works out? £1.4 million a month and wants to see how it plays out???

Nice to see Ozil Mesut really pulling his weight at Arsenal, take a 12.5% wage cut on your £350,000 a week!
    Answer naw, I'll wait and see how it all works out? £1.4 million a month and wants to see how it plays out???
    He is entitled to do so. Arsenal should never have given him those wages. Top quality player but injury issues, his inconsistency and his position being rarely used now mean he definitely isn't worth it.

Hibs.net - "I don't blame players for leaving Hibs, it's a short career, they have to make money"

Also Hibs.net - " disgraceful these footballers won't waive hundreds of thousands of their own money"

Mesut ozil does PLENTY of charity work, he recently paid for hundreds of life saving operations. Maybe he thinks his charities can do better with the money than Arsenal saving it?

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    He is entitled to do so. Arsenal should never have given him those wages. Top quality player but injury issues, his inconsistency and his position being rarely used now mean he definitely isn't worth it.

Hibs.net - "I don't blame players for leaving Hibs, it's a short career, they have to make money"

Also Hibs.net - " disgraceful these footballers won't waive hundreds of thousands of their own money"

Mesut ozil does PLENTY of charity work, he recently paid for hundreds of life saving operations. Maybe he thinks his charities can do better with the money than Arsenal saving it?
    Yip, if I was playing abroad for a club I had no connection to I would be wanting my full contract honoured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yip, if I was playing abroad for a club I had no connection to I would be wanting my full contract honoured.

Thing is, he is willing to take a paycut, he just wants information on how the money will be used and assurance it won't be used to line the greedy owners pockets. Kroenke is mega rich and will still be making huge amounts of money through his businesses.

I get football is a short career and you should try to maximise your income, however not many people retire in their mid thirties. There are several jobs footballers could take up when their "career" is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I get football is a short career and you should try to maximise your income, however not many people retire in their mid thirties. There are several jobs footballers could take up when their "career" is over.
    Or they could earn 1.4 million a month and never work again.

Testimonial Due
    Or they could earn 1.4 million a month and never work again.
    Not many on here will ever earn his month wage in our lifetime
    Take your yearly salary you were earning before lockdown and multiply it by the number of years you will have worked till your retiral date, you'll see the slight discrepancy in his salary to yours!!!!
    And as others have said he gives money to charities, but it is a well known fact that you offset that against taxation!!!!
    Its known as free street cred!!!

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Take your yearly salary you were earning before lockdown and multiply it by the number of years you will have worked till your retiral date, you'll see the slight discrepancy in his salary to yours!!!!
    And as others have said he gives money to charities, but it is a well known fact that you offset that against taxation!!!!
    It's definitely not free.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I agree but why is it almost accepted that if you have a ten year SPL career with one of the top five clubs you should not have to work again?

Footballers that are paid over £5k a week are imho paid too much. Tickets and TV should be far cheaper so everyone has access to the game.

I know I am in cloud cuckoo land but so are those that pay Arron Ramsey £600,000 a week.

I agree but why is it almost accepted that if you have a ten year SPL career with one of the top five clubs you should not have to work again?

Footballers that are paid over £5k a week are imho paid too much. Tickets and TV should be far cheaper so everyone has access to the game.

I know I am in cloud cuckoo land but so are those that pay Arron Ramsey £600,000 a week.
    Was this meant for me?

I was responding to the post that claimed charitable donations are "free street-cred".

Footballers are worth every penny to the people who pay them.

Testimonial Due
    Read the next charity envelope you get through the door for donations.
    There will be a box to tick so the charity can claim the tax back on your donation.
    All big companies give to charities and claim it back through less taxation, the same way Ozil's accountant will do for him.

There will be a box to tick so the charity can claim the tax back on your donation.
    All big companies give to charities and claim it back through less taxation, the same way Ozil's accountant will do for him.
    I don't need to read any envelopes

Even if Ozil ticks all the boxes to enable him to claim Gift Aid Relief at Higher Rates (and that's not a given, given his nationality), the most he could claim back would be 25% of his grossed-up donation.

So, if he donates £1m to charity, he will reduce his tax bill by £300k.

He's still out of pocket by £700k. That's not free.
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 21-04-2020 at 06:22 PM.

Not true.

I don't need to read any envelopes

Even if Ozil ticks all the boxes to enable him to claim Gift Aid Relief at Higher Rates (and that's not a given, given his nationality), the most he could claim back would be 25% of his donation. (that is, his top rate of tax of 45%, less the 20% that the charity can reclaim).

So, if he donates £1m to charity, he will reduce his tax bill by £250k.

He's still out of pocket by £750k. That's not free.
    Thats not how gift aid works. He doesn't get the tax back or offset the receiving charity does. He still has to have paid the tax in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Thats not how gift aid works. He doesn't get the tax back or offset the receiving charity does. He still has to have paid the tax in the first place.

Yes it is

Higher rate taxpayers get additional relief.

Yes it is

Higher rate taxpayers get additional relief.
    Sorry missed the point on higher rate. Yes the charity gets 25p in pound back he pockets the balance.

Was this meant for me?

I was responding to the post that claimed charitable donations are "free street-cred".
    Ha ha yes I was agreeing it was not free. I than went on a rant

Ha ha yes I was agreeing it was not free. I than went on a rant

The guy is (was probably) a world class, world cup winning footballer, one of the best creative midfielders on his generation. Obviously there is a huge discrepancy. I'm not mad about this, if I had his talent I'd be expecting to earn more than someone in my job.