hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Porteous is our best centre half. He will be straight back into the team when football starts again. Who he starts ahead of remains to be seen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Hickey and Smith.

Boyce is gash and Naismith is over the hill and a total bellend.

@hibs.net private member
    Hickey is top notch - he will go for big money...well beyond our means ...they’ve not got much more mind you ..wouldn’t really fancy many others ...terrible recruitment record

I don’t think Hickey is top class yet. He’s had one season with a club at the bottom of the league. He has potential no doubt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hickey maybe. Irving has a decent left foot. Both of them look talented. I might have said Boyce but he hasn’t exactly contributed much titles he relegation fight (or lack of)
    Hickey only appears to be decent in bigger games. Watched him in lesser games vs Accies etc and he's struggled a bit. Far away from the finished article.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Haring if he can get himself fit, exactly what we need.
    Is he not finished?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    A few of their youngsters look very decent.
    So do ours.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Hickey is good going forward but, as a result, gets badly caught out of position when the ball is lost. His inexperience often shows when the defence is under pressure. He probably needs to move on soon to a club that is capable of nursing young talent but there are no guarantees that he has what it takes to make it.

@hibs.net private member
    Hicky and Irving would be the only two I would be interested in, Boyce not worth the money IMO

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Porteous is our best centre half. He will be straight back into the team when football starts again. Who he starts ahead of remains to be seen.
    Of he's our best centre half he should show it, behind Jackson and Hanlon this season. Rash, too aggressive and very poor positioning. Plenty time to improve but the hype is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Of he's our best centre half he should show it, behind Jackson and Hanlon this season. Rash, too aggressive and very poor positioning. Plenty time to improve but the hype is too much.
    Porteous has been in the international squad this year, Hanlon will end his career never having won a full cap. Steve Clarke must disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Porteous has been in the international squad this year, Hanlon will end his career never having won a full cap. Steve Clarke must disagree with you.
    Porto will hopefully be a top class defender in time. He is not better than Jackson and Hanlon yet.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    He'll end his career with 500+ Hibs appearances and a Scottish cup. I'd take that over being in a Scotland squad.

Hanlon has also been in an international squad without playing so there is zero difference. Both have as many caps as me.

Paul easily better at this stage and also not suspended for big games like Ryan always seems to be.

He'll end his career with 500+ Hibs appearances and a Scottish cup. I'd take that over being in a Scotland squad.

Hanlon has also been in an international squad without playing so there is zero difference. Both have as many caps as me.

Paul easily better at this stage and also not suspended for big games like Ryan always seems to be.
    If Porteous goes on to make 500+ appearances for Hibs he'd not have fulfilled his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    If Porteous goes on to make 500+ appearances for Hibs he'd not have fulfilled his potential.
    What do you think his potential level is? I agree he has potential but he has an awful lot to learn. On this season he would do well to make 250 appearances for Hibs.

He has. On numerous occassions. What chance has he got though when hibs fans slate him for things like actually winning the ball. Hes better than both already

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He has. On numerous occassions. What chance has he got though when hibs fans slate him for things like actually winning the ball. Hes better than both already
    Very few people think that. He may end up better. But he needs to stay fit, stay on the park and improve many parts of his games. 20 yard slide tackles don’t make you Maldini.