hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eh? Seriously? FAR better?

He was good for Livi. Wouldn't have him over Hanlon, Porto or Jackson if I'm honest.

I wouldn't have him over jackson or porteous but certainly over Hanlon....

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by PISTOL1875 View Post
    Comments like that prove beyond all doubt that you know zero about football. Absolutely zero. Bash on.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Weight with a decent fitness programme can be fixed wouldn't you say ?? Even an over weight , under fit Halkett is a far better than the alternative in Hanlon.....
    Halkett is awful.

One positive about this is if we do have to finish the league season in a couple of months, Soutar might be fit.

Am I the only one who wouldn’t touch Hickey? He may still be young but in every game I’ve seen him play he has made some horrendous errors.

As for potential, I suspect he will be another player that Hearts burn out too early and put too much pressure on. They’ll cash in if they get the chance.

Strange considering Hanlon has been better than Porteous this season.

Hickey for sure. Would consider Smith, Naismith, Washington or Boyce depending on wages, rest are rank.

The difference is that as a Hibs fan you see Hanlon every game and notice when he makes a mistake, like every player does occasionally.

If you watched every Hearts game you'd realise that Halkett is a mistake.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    So that’s us looking to take Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Irving, Haring, Walker, Washington, Naismith and Boyce from a team that have been at the bottom of the league for about a year?

Hibs.net is a strange place at times

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Why do you reckon that? He is 26
    He hasn't played for a year and there's no sign of him coming back. Finished

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    So that’s us looking to take Smith, Halkett, Souttar, Hickey, Irving, Haring, Walker, Washington, Naismith and Boyce from a team that have been at the bottom of the league for about a year?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post

What's Craig Levein up to these days?

If we sign all these Hearts stars I'm pretty sure he could get a tune out of them for us.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This thread is rather bizarre.

Hearts are clear at the bottom of the Table yet have the third highest wage bill. That suggests that their players are not as good as they think they are and are not worth what they are currently paid. Many clearly have an attitude problem and can’t be arsed trying unless they are playing Rangers or Hibs.

There are players in their who might improve Hibs but I doubt that Hibs could afford (or want to afford them). There are better players for Hibs elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    He hasn't played for a year and there's no sign of him coming back. Finished
    Are you his physio?

Ronaldo barely played for 3 years before the 2002 world cup. He scored 8 goals and won it.

Being out for a year is nothing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Did Hanlon **** your missus. You are so wrong on this as per usual.
    Beat me to it. His obsession with PH is worrying.

Left by mutual consent!
    It is hardly a fair comparison considering Porteous has missed a fair chunk of it...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Whooooooooosh

by that you think Aaron Hickey isn't a better player than Stevenson ???

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    The difference is that as a Hibs fan you see Hanlon every game and notice when he makes a mistake, like every player does occasionally.

If you watched every Hearts game you'd realise that Halkett is a mistake.

Just occasionally ?? There's a mistake in Hanlon almost every week... Hardly improved in the squad apart that 18 months under Lennon.. Bang average at least..

I was watching the 6-6 match with Motherwell the other day , they showed the 6th and final goal.. Hanlon in a foot race with the forward , next minute completely bullied off the ball... 10 YEARS later he's still being bullied off the ball and weak in defence....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Beat me to it. His obsession with PH is worrying.

The way he defendes him every week , he probably lets him sleep with his missus...

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If you think Lewis Stevenson is a better player than Aaron Hickey then just stop watching football.. It is clear that you know nothing about the game if that's your opinion....

Lol. You are one of the last people on here who should accuse others of knowing nothing about football.

Also you took my post too seriously.

Also Hearts have a habit of burning out young players too quickly - there’s an argument that Hickey is playing too much too soon.

But mainly... lol.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    So has Porteous. So was Boyle.

Strange comparison.

Neither Porteous or Boyle have been or were ruled out for a whole year and had countless setbacks in their recoveries like Haring has.

Boyle suffered a 6 month knee injury in January whilst on international duty and then I think injured the same knee (or the other one) against Elgin in the league cup group stage. Was ruled out for 4 months. Still with those injuries, he’s made 28 appearances in all competitions this season and been probably our best player this season.

Porteous suffered a knee injury in late Jan/early Feb last year and ruled out till August when he made his comeback against Newcastle Utd in a pre-season game. Was a mainstay at the back alongside Hanlon until he injured his knee injury in Jan against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup. Was initially told that it may end his season but then in an interview yesterday, he mentioned that he had a chance of making it back for the Hampden semi against Hearts and the split. Porteous has made 17 appearances in all competitions this season and earned himself a call up to the Scotland squad.

Haring has had God knows how many injuries and setbacks. He hasn’t kicked a ball for pretty much a whole year now. Last game he played was the Scottish Cup final defeat against Celtic which Levein rushed him back for in typical Levein fashion. There is no word as to when he will be back and if he’ll even be able to make the same sort of impact that he did when he first joined, especially when he’s been out for this long.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Nope. None of them are what we should be aspiring to.
    Exactly! Best post on this thread. I wouldbt touch any of the current hearts squad.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Strange comparison.

Neither Porteous or Boyle have been or were ruled out for a whole year and had countless setbacks in their recoveries like Haring has.

Boyle suffered a 6 month knee injury in January whilst on international duty and then I think injured the same knee (or the other one) against Elgin in the league cup group stage. Was ruled out for 4 months. Still with those injuries, he’s made 28 appearances in all competitions this season and been probably our best player this season.

Porteous suffered a knee injury in late Jan/early Feb last year and ruled out till August when he made his comeback against Newcastle Utd in a pre-season game. Was a mainstay at the back alongside Hanlon until he injured his knee injury in Jan against Dundee Utd at Tannadice in the Scottish Cup. Was initially told that it may end his season but then in an interview yesterday, he mentioned that he had a chance of making it back for the Hampden semi against Hearts and the split. Porteous has made 17 appearances in all competitions this season and earned himself a call up to the Scotland squad.

Haring has had God knows how many injuries and setbacks. He hasn’t kicked a ball for pretty much a whole year now. Last game he played was the Scottish Cup final defeat against Celtic which Levein rushed him back for in typical Levein fashion. There is no word as to when he will be back and if he’ll even be able to make the same sort of impact that he did when he first joined, especially when he’s been out for this long.
    Haring has not had numerous injuries. It’s been ongoing and complete rest was advised. Kept breaking down after rest so he had an operation last week to cure it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Lol. You are one of the last people on here who should accuse others of knowing nothing about football.

Also you took my post too seriously.

Also Hearts have a habit of burning out young players too quickly - there’s an argument that Hickey is playing too much too soon.

But mainly... lol.

I have a good knowledge about football and I certainly know a good player when I see one.. AAron Hickey is a fantastic player and is far better than Lewis Stevenson.. Firstly , he plays on the front foot and likes to go forward at every opportunity.. Secondly , he has the ability to chip in with the odd goal here and there..... He will make mistakes because he is young and he is inconsistent but he will learn from them.. Hickey will have a great future in the game and barring injuries won't be stuck at Hertz all his career..

Agree with that. Porteous has a lot to learn. Commits himself far too easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Agree with that. Porteous has a lot to learn. Commits himself far too easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Porteous “potentially” a good player. Young & inexperienced, but looks the part.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Strange comparison.

He hasn't had god knows how many.

God knows how many players have been dubbed finished on here for different reasons. A grand total of zero have ever retired.

Come on boys, Hickey would be a massive improvement of championship level Lewis. The smith boy is a good right back. Naismith, Boyce are both good players. To say we’d not take any is just silly

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ShetlandHibby View Post
    Come on boys, Hickey would be a massive improvement of championship level Lewis. The smith boy is a good right back. Naismith, Boyce are both good players. To say we’d not take any is just silly
    Exactly.. baffling reading these comments..

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This guy is a closet Jambo. Clear as day. Seems to watch a lot of hearts players.
    😂😂😂 just no.