hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Budge admitted they needed the income from the semi final to see them through. Hence the totally warranted criticism - they are in deep poo.
    Bottom line is Hearts DEPEND on Hibs for their existence. Always have, always will.

They're a shamble of a club. You'd think what they went through just a few years ago would have taught them some important lessons and that the extra money they've pulled in through secret lovers and FOH would have been wisely invested / retained. But nope, they've pissed it all down a wall like a drunk.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I think it’s reasonable to say she was successful as the business was sold for £70m.
    I think one of the main factors would have been the corporate management skills of 3i private equity (held 28%) that led to a significant increase in value of that company. They will typically restructure management teams and place key individuals to ensure they get maximum return on investment.

if Budge had been left to her own devices, as she is at hearts, who knows where it would all have ended...

@hibs.net private member BoltonHibee's Avatar
    Why don’t they furlough the players? ( or any other team for that matter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoltonHibee View Post

They may well do. But will only give them up to 2500 per staff member per month ..won’t solve their first team wages cashflow issue

Medals McKay wrote a tremendous piece in the evening news where he slams the lack of professionalism at the club and how ridiculous they are back to where they were before administration. Good on him for having the bottle to tell the truth. As I said there are many decent Hertz fans who are disgusted at what's happening. They don't deserve this. It's the moronic element of their support who shout loudest and are seen to represent the club. Budge is just an embodiment of all that's wrong at that club.

The one thing the Hertz situation has shown is how lucky we are in having had stf at the helm. Yes the club has made mistakes in appointing managers but we will likely not face horrendous times again and have a secure club. Rather that than sevco and Hertz sailing close to the wind every season. Just a thought.

I see JKB have gone into full blown 'we owe it to ourselves' mode.

'Feels to me that Hearts are 'planning' and most others are 'hoping.'

'The rest of Scottish football are at the wash your hands for twenty minutes and you will be fine stage of acceptance., Hearts are at the stay the **** at home stage because they can see what's coming.'

'Just glad we still have Ann Budge at the helm during these times. Can only imagine the mess we’d be in right now and the actions (lack of?) we’d be taking'

'Its felt like we are a very easy target at the moment, pundits who want to make out that they are high and mighty'

It's scary to think that when we were allowed out these types walked among us. They are the people mythical Nigerian Princes and accident compensation scams dream of.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm sick of Hearts treating living within your means as optional and getting away with it.
    Last edited by Diclonius; 28-03-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Have Budge and Trump ever been seen in the same room?

They could do but if you believe the figures then Liam Boyce for one is on around £6000 a week, that's £24000 a month.

The furlough scheme only provides for up to £2500 per month. Hearts would still need to pay the other £21500 per month and that's just for one player.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

'The rest of Scottish football are at the wash your hands for twenty minutes and you will be fine stage of acceptance., Hearts are at the stay the **** at home stage because they can see what's coming.'

'Just glad we still have Ann Budge at the helm during these times. Can only imagine the mess we’d be in right now and the actions (lack of?) we’d be taking'

'Its felt like we are a very easy target at the moment, pundits who want to make out that they are high and mighty'

It's scary to think that when we were allowed out these types walked among us. They are the people mythical Nigerian Princes and accident compensation scams dream of.
    Classic Stockholm Syndrome behaviour from the jambo hordes.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Im sick of Hearts treating living within your means as optuonal and getting away with it.
    I suspect they will get away with it again. The football authorities will rip up the rule book to prevent punishments such as points deductions and automatic relegation from depriving our top league of the biggest teams. They will use exceptional circumstances as justification for doing it and claim that it would be impossible to sell the scottish game to tv, sponsors etc (if any still exists once the crisis ends) without Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Medals McKay wrote a tremendous piece in the evening news where he slams the lack of professionalism at the club and how ridiculous they are back to where they were before administration. Good on him for having the bottle to tell the truth. As I said there are many decent Hertz fans who are disgusted at what's happening. They don't deserve this. It's the moronic element of their support who shout loudest and are seen to represent the club. Budge is just an embodiment of all that's wrong at that club.
    I agree but I don’t count Gary McKay as a decent hearts fan. Anyone who makes monkey noises at Kevin Harper is not a decent hearts fan.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Apparently she's asked all the players to come to her door and talk about this situation, there is a big queue on the stair up to that door that goes nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Largshibby View Post
    I suspect they will get away with it again. The football authorities will rip up the rule book to prevent punishments such as points deductions and automatic relegation from depriving our top league of the biggest teams. They will use exceptional circumstances as justification for doing it and claim that it would be impossible to sell the scottish game to tv, sponsors etc (if any still exists once the crisis ends) without Edinburgh and Glasgow derbies.
    If that becomes the case, then there's no incentive for financial prudence or punishment for recklessness.

The fact that it's The Rangers and Hearts that have got themselves into financial trouble TWICE in 8 years is no coincidence. Their off-field mismanagement is wholly consistent with the football ethos and their fans deluded sense of entitlement and self-importance.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’m starting to think that the main reason they’re doing what they’re doing is in order to preserve their budget for next season. While other clubs are concerned with doing the right thing and trying to make sure everyone at their club is paid, hearts are threatening players and sacking anyone who isn’t deemed essential. The fact that they’re already contacting agents about signing players for next season makes me even more convinced that’s what they’re up to.

United we stand here....

If it were to happen then a wage cap and signing ban should be the next step.

You've pushed the boat out Hertz in a vain attempt to do what big clubs do.

House of cards more like.

Anyone can see that this is not sustainable.

Clubs of our size simply cant pay top players 6-10k week, no matter how much we want to. It isn't sustainable.

And oh look, it's all gone a bit wrong hasn't it?!

Lovely stuff. You reap what you sow.

they could but the players and staff would have to down tools and not work if employers claim for it. however cannot see if players are at home and keep fit whether or not that is classed as working etc :-/

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    He was only having a pop at the footballing side of things. He couldn’t help himself praising Budge for her magnificent work off the pitch. She is culpable of gross mismanagement across the piece. I don’t know why some of their fans can’t see that.

I’m sure these deluded fools must be in a minority and only surface on JKB. They really are the proverbial head in the sand brigade. They don’t seem very bright at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    They could do but if you believe the figures then Liam Boyce for one is on around £6000 a week, that's £24000 a month.

The furlough scheme only provides for up to £2500 per month. Hearts would still need to pay the other £21500 per month and that's just for one player.
    That’s not how it works. Boyce would only get his 2.5k a month. As he was furloughed, hertz wouldn’t have to pay anything else. I’m sure anyway.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    That’s not how it works. Boyce would only get his 2.5k a month. As he was furloughed, hertz wouldn’t have to pay anything else. I’m sure anyway.
    Correct.

The £2.5k figure was designed as it replicated broadly the median salary of an employed person in the UK.

That some (in football or elsewhere) earn more is neither here nor there, thats the cap.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Apparently she's asked all the players to come to her door and talk about this situation, there is a big queue on the stair up to that door that goes nowhere.
    Wondered what the big queue was at Wester Coates.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wonder why the media isn't asking THE question - WHERE are Hearts 'Mystery benefactors' now ??

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I’m starting to think that the main reason they’re doing what they’re doing is in order to preserve their budget for next season. While other clubs are concerned with doing the right thing and trying to make sure everyone at their club is paid, hearts are threatening players and sacking anyone who isn’t deemed essential. The fact that they’re already contacting agents about signing players for next season makes me even more convinced that’s what they’re up to.
    My thoughts too. She's a cunning fox all right.😅

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipinoHibs View Post
    Last time I looked it was approximately what she got for the IT company minus the mysterious donations.

She sold the company for £70 million having previously bought her partner, Ms Newell, out, in 2001. She owned 60% of tge share capital so she received £40 million. She has spenr £2.4 million on the initial take over, given a further £1.9 million loan and there are £ 11 million in mysterious donations. This leaves her with approximately £24.7 million. Forbes has her net wealth as £16 million in 2019. She could quite easily have spent £8 million on houses, yachts, gifts to family.

What I thinks is suspicious is that Hearts go into admin and there are no mysterious donations. Hearts are in trouble again and there are no mysterious donations. But Budge is there. They need money for a Budge vanity project and players to keep the club an attractive project and the mysterious donations appear.
    Could be wrong and happy to proved so with some evidence and a logical argument.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...ny-494197.html
    Tax

@hibs.net private member Green Reaper's Avatar

Is there not an issue of the furlough money having to be paid through a bank and none wanting to deal with them?

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Hearts financial problems are nothing that a few cake bakes could not solve..,,,,

Except that...
    ...the Hibees panic bought all the flour and eggs?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

Rather than owing it to themselves, I think Hearts need saving from themselves.

Maybe they’ve been too hasty in knocking back the takeover approach from Barnsley. Best thing would be for Hearts to be bought by some other tin pot outfit, then given a strictly controlled budget to run the club.

Much in the same way you give a kid pocket money to help them learn about finances.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    I agree but I don’t count Gary McKay as a decent hearts fan. Anyone who makes monkey noises at Kevin Harper is not a decent hearts fan.
    Spot on buddy,he's not decent he's a rac#st!