hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With an owner who's worth tens of millions?
    Aye, even with an owner worth tens of millions. Why the confusion?

2. Log in to remove the advert

All businesses rely on their customers regardless of who owns them. If we have no customers, Hibs will cease to exist. If you no longer wish to be a customer it’s up to you. Hopefully enough people are still on board.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by H113EE5 View Post
    Around a 30% increase from £195 to £255 (Senior) for an unknown number of games. Thinking about giving up after bring a Season Ticket holder for well over 40 years. Club is taking the pi33.
    I'm senior. I view this more as a gift to the club i love to help it during unprecedented times....with games thrown in for free 😁😁
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    Your choice.

I think the poster does have a point.

Big increase for season ticket holders who pay in advance and have lost 4-5 games

A walk up supporter has lost nil

Might have been nice to acknowledge that that season ticket holders have lost a lot of money. They don’t know when next season will start or what’s happening with this season and prices have gone up,

Also we don’t know if there will be some form of restructuring to save the hearts .

Can understand why people won’t renew yet.
    Last edited by mcfly; 28-03-2020 at 03:34 PM.

@hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Renewed also

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

Big increase for season ticket holders who pay in advance and have lost 4-5 games

Might have been nice to acknowledge that that season ticket holders have lost a lot of money. They don’t know when next season will start or what’s happening with this season and prices have gone up,

Also we don’t know if there will be some form of restructuring to save the hearts .

Perfectly summed up

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Not renewed yet but I will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    All businesses rely on their customers regardless of who owns them. If we have no customers, Hibs will cease to exist. If you no longer wish to be a customer it’s up to you. Hopefully enough people are still on board.
    Everyone’s circumstances financially are different at this difficult time, but if we can afford to, the quicker the better for the club. As for people moaning about missing a couple of games this season, get a grip. Any true fan wouldn’t be looking to be reimbursed for a couple of games.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You are confused perhaps. Whether any owner of our shares or any other shares had or has their own private resources is pretty irrelevant to the continuance of a private limited company. The clue is in the name ‘limited’ ie the call on any creditors to the resources of the company is limited to what the capital put into the company from the issue of those shares has produced as current resources/value at any point.

A company may be able for example to issue more shares to be taken up or not as the case may be but there is no rights to access what Ron Gordon or any other Hibs shareholder has or has not in their own bank accounts etc. A fan, the ultimate of customers, has a greater emotional engagement and is more likely to do what they can. Ron has said the right things but even his offer of a line of credit is not necessarily now an option if his investments have suffered.

@hibs.net private member Juice-Terry's Avatar
    Done. GGTTH!

Fair play to all those renewing that are able to commit now.

Will be waiting until right before the early bird deadline to see how things are before renewing.

First Team Breakthrough H113EE5's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post

Thank you.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    In regard to the games that now probably won't ever be played and therefore lost to season ticket holders, I wonder what the club announcement on that will be. I'm not looking for any money back or credit and can't imagine many ST holders will be, will the club be obliged to make an offer of some sort?

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    In regard to the games that now probably won't ever be played and therefore lost to season ticket holders, I wonder what the club announcement on that will be. I'm not looking for any money back and can't imagine many ST holders will be, will the club be obliged to make an offer of some sort?
    I don’t think they’d be obliged to do anything but I think they would do something once they know what is going on. My guess is that they would do something with cup ticketing for season ticket holders next season. At least for a couple of games.

@hibs.net private member Sprouleflyer's Avatar
    Renewed

Renewed today for me and kids. Not too fussed about refund for this season but would appreciate some comment from club, perhaps a stone for all 2019/20 season ticket holders thanking them ? (just the one stone obviously for costs!)
    Last edited by j'adorehibs; 28-03-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Not renewing until its guaranteed that there will be a next season.
    I couldn't care less if there is no football, I can afford it, so it'll get bought - I feel for those going through the horrible uncertainty of job loss / job insecurity and completely understand that life and family come first before a season ticket - but if you can afford it HC, and that's your excuse, there's never a time more than now to get your hand in the pockets Hibs would always make any purchase worthwhile in the main anyway (if football was delayed).

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    In regard to the games that now probably won't ever be played and therefore lost to season ticket holders, I wonder what the club announcement on that will be. I'm not looking for any money back or credit and can't imagine many ST holders will be, will the club be obliged to make an offer of some sort?
    I think if someone (I don't just mean a Hibs fan but a fan of any club) was to take a club to court over no being offered something in light of paying for 4 or 5 games less than a full season then the club probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I'd expect something to be announced once everything becomes a bit clearer as to what is happening with both this season and next.

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I think if someone (I don't just mean a Hibs fan but a fan of any club) was to take a club to court over no being offered something in light of paying for 4 or 5 games less than a full season then the club probably wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

I'd expect something to be announced once everything becomes a bit clearer as to what is happening with both this season and next.
    Not convinced. If the season is announced as finished by the league, as they apparently are able to, it would come down to how much such a claim could rely on the information given by the clubs that a season would have x number of home games. As we know the weirdness of the split means that the number of home games is not set so a club may not have been as unequivocal. The season will have lasted for all the home games of that particular season and a club might say they will have given an indication of the games that may be expected but not guaranteed.

That said, while not sure anyone is going to push such a court case, I’m sure that our club will look to do what it can to recognise the situation.

Reading through the thread has reminded me of the furore that was kicked up on .Net at the end of the 2013/2014 season. Many of us blindly renewed STs in March in full expectancy of playing in the Premiership the next season.

When that sadly didn’t come about, there were lots of dissenting voices (must admit myself included) horrified that we’d all been duped into paying for our STs at Premiership prices instead of Championship prices.

Hibs were very upfront and truthfully advised us all, that if we wanted to be promoted ASAP, the extra money from STs would be crucial in the effort to get promoted. OK - that mantra lasted for 3 seasons and eventually paid off.

The situation we are in today is in many respects the same. This time the money up front is needed to see the club through an extraordinary situation that nobody saw coming - a bit like relegation in 2014.

All supporters that can will get behind the club this time as well if they are able to because we know what the potential outcome could be.

AND, no dissenting voice this time from this supporting Hibby of 57 years.

A slight variation of current slogans:

STAY AT HOME. LOGIN TO ETICKETING. SAVE HIBS!!

Quote Originally Posted by jingler1954 View Post
    So is your logic because we have a multi millionaire owner we should not renew out season ticket. Just asking like😁
    Agreed. What a nonsensical post. We have a rich owner so lets not bother. Crazy.

Not buying a ST as you aren’t sure about next season is one thing. Somehow turning this around against the owner is pretty dense and nonsensical.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Not buying a ST as you aren’t sure about next season is one thing. Somehow turning this around against the owner is pretty dense and nonsensical.

TBH, at a time when we need to rally round our club, it's quite sad.

If you can't, or don't want to, buy a season ticket, then just don't. I'm sure everybody understands that.

What I don't get it why some of those people (thankfully a very small number so far) feel the need to come on here and whinge about Hibs.

If other people feel that they can buy a Season Ticket, then please just let us get on with it. We're not just doing it for ourselves, but it's for all of us*

* and I know that, in the grand scheme of things, football isn't the biggest issue at the moment, but every little helps.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 29-03-2020 at 09:28 AM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Around a 30% increase from £195 to £255 (Senior) for an unknown number of games. Thinking about giving up after bring a Season Ticket holder for well over 40 years. Club is taking the pi33.
    That’s the spirit.

Another 3 bought, every little helps

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    £255 is quite good value for a ST I think.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    £255 is quite good value for a ST I think.
    Especially if it is spread using payment plan however obviously a lot of seniors won't have a lot of disposable cash.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Especially if it is spread using payment plan however obviously a lot of seniors won't have a lot of disposable cash.
    I think you will find that most seniors are in a better position financially To spend the £255 than the younger supporters who have mortgages and young families etc and need to find £400 for a ticket.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I won’t be renewing until it’s confirmed Hear7s have been relegated 😂

Just received an email thanking me for renewing my season ticket. Nice touch 👍