hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Have Hibs confirmed this money will be used for next season only or will part of it be used to cover the shortfall at present?
    Cougars!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nobody can question what anyone else chooses to do with their money. However I think if it's donating money to the club when they need it most that people are ultimately motivated to do (which I completely understand by the way), it may have been an idea to do this through HSL or some other similar scheme.

I think attempting to raise these funds through season ticket sales, when there's so much uncertainty about what supporters are going to be watching next season, maybe won't result in the numbers the club will be hoping for.

I'm not pretending that anyone at Hibs will be taking this lightly and I'm sure a lot of thought has gone into this before it was launched. It's a difficult time for everyone. If anyone can afford to pay for a season ticket and they don't care what next season will look like then no-one can say fairer than that.

I do think it's a shame that, in just over a month, people may end up losing their seat that they've had for many years through no fault of their own.
    Very fair points. Hibs need to be mindful of the financial difficulties we're all having to varying degrees. To just publish the ST prices with a plea to buy, with little recognition of the amount of commitment they are asking of people is pretty cold and not the smartest.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I do think it's a shame that, in just over a month, people may end up losing their seat that they've had for many years through no fault of their own.
    This is a very good point, hopefully the club will consider postponing the date for existing season ticket holders to keep their seat who haven’t been able to renew yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    This is a very good point, hopefully the club will consider postponing the date for existing season ticket holders to keep their seat who haven’t been able to renew yet.
    If they dont I find it pretty cold tbh. I've been an ST Holder for years but no idea if I will have my job at other side of this crisis so am not in a position to be paying out 400 quid just now

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    The season will start in August, I’m sure of that. The lockdown has a limited shelf life before economics takes over. Life needs to go on and the country will need to go back to work. I don’t think there will be a second lockdown. The time spent now will be used to build up capacity in the health service, improve testing regimes and work on a vaccine. A second lockdown should not be needed. There will be enough folk immune to CV by then that it is not needed.
    Football will begin again in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hong Kong relaxed some of the restrictions and the cases have risen there again, this is not a race against time, its a slog to save lives!!!!!

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbymac View Post
    Did you not "release" your seat for a game that was sold out and you couldn't attend ??
    Good point, when I was away skiing. Totally forgot !!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Have Hibs confirmed this money will be used for next season only or will part of it be used to cover the shortfall at present?
    Good question - there’s no immediate shortfall but income before yesterday did stop completely - unusual scenario for any club. The monies at this time of year always helps for immediate and future payments, otherwise it’s eating into reserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    Great shout and I’ll work with the club on finding that balance, they’ve already stated they will be flexible when it comes to deadlines. This dynamic situation will change a number of times in the build up to 4th June, flexibility is a sensible approach.