hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

insensitive issuing season tickets no

I can hardly believe Hibs are advertising season tickets now of all times..
    We note the changes in pricing reverting back to zoned prices which was eliminated previously and sensible ,why go backwards?
    We do not even know about unused credit or do we for our unused pre paid tickets..
    Anyway this is the wrong time to issue them I certainly think it shows business first people second.
    Last year we had the embarrassing label stuck on peoples seat when they had yet to renew, a gentle reminder ..they seemed to say but it did make some feel awkward.
    Come on Hibs wise up.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by familyman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We note the changes in pricing reverting back to zoned prices which was eliminated previously and sensible ,why go backwards?
    We do not even know about unused credit or do we for our unused pre paid tickets..
    Anyway this is the wrong time to issue them I certainly think it shows business first people second.
    Last year we had the embarrassing label stuck on peoples seat when they had yet to renew, a gentle reminder ..they seemed to say but it did make some feel awkward.
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    No-ones forcing anything. If you don't want to buy or renew skip past the emails and threads.

Come on Hibs wise up.
    I renewed mine to go to games obviously but also to help out the club at this terrible time. Not everyone will be able to of course but by doing so I feel I'm helping the club through a difficult time.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    Rubbish, people have been asking for a while if they could renew in order to help the club out. No one is forcing anyone to buy now.

United we stand here....

Come on Hibs wise up.
    Like all clubs we face a tough few months ... some clubs are going to be lucky to survive and sourcing income from any source, especially the main source is vital, we cant borrow money as Hearts found out the hard way ...... so what do you suggest the club does?

First Team Breakthrough
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    Renewed already. If you can afford it buy now. Hard times for a lot of people but Hibs come before most things.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    The club have no income coming in currently. I’m sure there will be people that can’t renew right now so I doubt you’ll see a hard sell from the club but they need money coming in and there’ll be plenty that are happy to renew to help out so they’re quite right to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    100% disagree with this. It’s well known that clubs are struggling for cash at the moment due to the Coronavirus outbreak so it’s absolutely the right thing for Hibs to take steps to get some money through the door whenever and however they can. You only have to look at the pigs ear our neighbours have made of their finances during and before the crisis to get an idea of how not to do it. This is very sensible from Hibs.

Coaching Staff
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    There’d be no Hibs left after this if we didn’t carry on.

You can still pay for Sky, Netflix, Spotify etc which is just entertainment. Why not pay for next season’s football if you can?

If you can’t then you don’t.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Those that can renew will...those that can't at the moment, won't.... nobody being forced into renewing..💚🇳🇬💚

Maybe the club will just keep running, and pay the wages, on fresh air eh.

First Team Breakthrough
    It's not insensitive in any way whatsoever. Hibs have handled the whole thing with a bit of class, Ron's statement yesterday set the tone, people first, and Leanne has acknowledged that not everyone will be able to buy at the moment. Compare and contrast with our neighbours. I want to help Hibs, I want them to be there when things return to normality, so I'm buying my own and my sons today. Each to his own, no one will be critical of anyone not buying, its perfectly understandable in the circumstances. Tough times so I don't wish to be critical but...honestly there is no pleasing some folk.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    That “business first” you mention is my football club, Hibernian FC and I am happy to purchase my season ticket now to help support them during this difficult time. I am fortunate to be in a position to do so but lots of fans have expressed a desire to help the club where they can do I believe it’s the right thing to do putting them on sale now.

I can't commit just now but it makes sense for the club to make the option available to fans who can. A ST has never been about value for money for me, it's about supporting Hibs.

Ultimately it's a choice. If you can buy one and wish to do so then you have the option. If you are not in a position to buy or don't wish to then you don't.

As long as fellow fans display sensitivity to those not in a position to commit, I've seen a couple of comments that are borderline, then there really shouldn't be an issue.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Come on Hibs wise up.
    Pretty ironic given your user name.

How many families do you think rely directly on Hibs for money to survive? Hibs are a business like any other and could easily go down the tubes if required to continue for too long with no income.

The club has said they understand that many people will be unable to renew at this time, but are simply asking those that can to do so.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Like all clubs we face a tough few months ... some clubs are going to be lucky to survive and sourcing income from any source, especially the main source is vital, we cant borrow money as Hearts found out the hard way ...... so what do you suggest the club does?
    I haven't read the announcement nor watched the video but I would imagine there'll be a pretty long deadline for renewing, so plenty of time to see what ends up happening with this season and plans for next season. Obviously, personal financial circumstances come into play but at the moment it's a good way to help the club financially if we're able to.

Promising Youngster
    No matter how careful you land these things, there’s always folk that read or take it the way it was not intended. I will renew today as very fortunate I can and will support my team who need more than ever.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It's not insensitive to advertise your business?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I can't commit just now but it makes sense for the club to make the option available to fans who can. A ST has never been about value for money for me, it's about supporting Hibs.

Ultimately it's a choice. If you can buy one and wish to do so then you have the option. If you are not in a position to buy or don't wish to then you don't.

As long as fellow fans display sensitivity to those not in a position to commit, I've seen a couple of comments that are borderline, then there really shouldn't be an issue.
    Well put.

These are delicate times for many. Some can commit, some can't right now. For some this may the first time in years they simply can't buy a ST.

So a bit of sensitivity required on this topic.

I do however think the club are correct to do this at this time though.

I understand the need for the club to put season tickets on sale and if people are able and willing to renew then good on them, it'll really help the club.

As I've said on another thread though, I do think a lot of people will hold off, even if they can afford it, until we know what next season will look like.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I suppose my only gripe would be the deadline for the early bird, I'd like to see that moved beyond May.

I don't blame Hibs. No brainer really. If people can they will if not they wont. Extra income vital.

I can’t commit until I know the lockdown is over but as soon as things start to go back to normal then I’ll be buying my usual seats. All clubs will be needing to get their tickets on sale now.
    Interesting that the investment in the stadium appears to be going ahead. This is great news. It’s going to be very competitive out there trying to bring in commercial income. Making sure we have the best offer out there will be very important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Agree with this. It's a bit of a rollercoaster for most of us at the moment and many are worried about their future finances and even whether they will have a job in a few months. There is no doubt the club need our help in keeping going and there are some who may feel they are in a position to renew straight away, but PB is right that sensitivity should be displayed to those who are not currently in a position to do so - no matter how much they would like to.

Personally, I'm not sure if I can commit at the moment. I do think that the new pricing structure should maybe have been scrapped this season in the circumstances - I know we were probably too far down the line to do so - and I must admit that I was disappointed when I went online to check how much it would be for me to renew and found it was going to cost me £95 more than last season for me and my student son for the same seats we've been in for about 14 years. But that's maybe for another discussion.

Agree with most of what has been said. If you can, renew, if you can’t, don’t. If you’re not sure, hold off a bit until the picture is clearer. Nobody’s going to condemn anyone for the choice they make.
    Personally, on a fixed income I calculate my expenditure at the start of every year and have an idea what I can spend. This year we will probably not have a holiday because of the virus, so feel happy to renew.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    I think our club is doing everything to insure its survival.
    The club and many others needs money to survive and if people cant buy season tickets then perhaps subscribe to things like Hibs TV Hibernian Supporters etc
    Gerard

[QUOTE=familyman;6128392]I can hardly believe Hibs are advertising season tickets now of all times..
    Come on Hibs wise up.[/
    I renewed this morning. Wasn’t forced to - my own volition - but because I’m in a position to. I too have wondered about supporting my club at this time. I don’t care about being reimbursed for this season. I don’t want Hibs going down the same route Hertz have gone. Their ‘‘ahead of the curve’ take 50% wage cut or fk off deal, only a few days after the league was halted, had nothing to do with being prudent. It highlighted everything that is wrong with many businesses: sod the workers. Things may have to change but I want Hibs to emerge from this relatively unscathed and being recognised as a caring and compassionate employer - for all staff.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    If you can renew then do it. If not, that’s totally understandable given the current circumstances.

But the club needs help, hard times ahead. You can’t blame them for raising funds. I’d much rather stump up for a season ticket even though we don’t know when or how long the season is, than see staff and players on reduced wages, or worse.

Absolutely get both sides of the fence on this one. Football really isn’t important at the moment and Hibs acknowledge this in a number of comments within statements released. Priority number one for the club, behind the collective national effort to save lives, is look after their people - that’s all employees right through to supporters and the community.

Ive been very impressed with the proactive approach in the background to looking after their own in comparison to what we all see at other organisations over the country. Football clubs in Scotland are very influential - it’s the national sport, massive in communities, people’s lives and something they care about like an extended family member - the club has the energy to lead people back to normality from this and have really thought hard about what they can do big and small to do that - either positive persevere messages or asking players to contact supporters (the core group Ron highlights need a lot of praise in their direction to keep the wheels turning).
    There is now tough decisions operationally, which included opening up season tickets despite the unprecedented times. Definitely not the same approach as previous releases, there is no pressure to renew at the moment and the club will be as flexible as it can - it’s moved the deadlines out and will pay the interest on finance payment plans (a substantial amount of money when combined per supporter). This provides the immediate opportunity for supporters that had been asking for that door to be open being available now for them to contribute.

Be safe, keep well, look after yours and the club will be there and ready when this is all over.

The early bird scheme should run until at least July. The next couple of months are critical to a lot of people and that may ease some of the pressures. I appreciate it may not work with PP but needs looked at