hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 51 of 51
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    27
    Posts
    955
    Totally fair enough. We are better placed than 95% of Scottish Football to weather this storm, but we are by no means immune from severe impact financially.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Salisbury Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Salisbury
    Age
    52
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think that was asked before and it would see the club classed as a lender and as such bound by FCA regulations.

    That could be utter nonsense but it rings a bell somewhere at the back of my mind.
    That's true. It's a highly regulated industry. Hibs, quite rightly, should focus on the business of being a football club, not becoming a finance company.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  4. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That is a statement from a man of principle.

    No bull, no ultimatums laid down to staff - but a clear message to all to stick together as we weather this storm.
    In stark contrast to the way Budge has gone about things. Glad we have Ron at the helm.

  5. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In stark contrast to the way Budge has gone about things. Glad we have Ron at the helm.
    Yep.

    Hearts tactics of pleading poverty backfired massively after the contacting agents e-mail was leaked. It must have felt like a slap on the face to the clubs employees. The latest communication today was the old trying to shut the stable door scenario and it was pathetic really. The damage had already been done.

    Ron's statement on the other hand was both pragmatic and thoughtful.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    11,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep.

    Hearts tactics of pleading poverty backfired massively after the contacting agents e-mail was leaked. It must have felt like a slap on the face to the clubs employees. The latest communication today was the old trying to shut the stable door scenario and it was pathetic really. The damage had already been done.

    Ron's statement on the other hand was both pragmatic and thoughtful.
    It shouldnít be any kind of competition. Leave that old fart Budge with her comments and statements, on her pedestal thatís created for herself.

  7. #36
    Yeah for me it was an honest assessment of the current situation with no BS, it was what was needed at this time.

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by CloudSquall View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah for me it was an honest assessment of the current situation with no BS, it was what was needed at this time.
    I agree. No political spin, no bs, no hidden agenda, simply a message of truth and pragmatism. No alarmist self serving selfish drama unlike the maroon soap opera.
    Last edited by Frankhfc; 27-03-2020 at 01:46 AM.

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,758
    No BS here, just an honest and realistic assessment of how things currently stand. A lot of comparisons are being made with Hearts, who nobody really would have had an issue with if they had taken this sort of approach, but they fired all of their guns at once the second the jobby hit the fan and it looked terrible.

    We and every other club may well find ourselves in a similar situation to our Gorgie chums in the next few weeks, but at least we are trying to take a measured approach and genuinely sound saddened that the outcome in the next few weeks might be staff laid off and players asked to defer or cut their wages, rather than it being the very first thing we rushed to do.

    I have the money sitting in my account now and if Hibs ask folk to buy season tickets, even with no guarantee when or even if all of the games will take place, I will be on line the same day renewing mine ..... This isn't about value for money or even entertainment, this is about doing everything to ensure Hibs get through this and hopefully saving the jobs of as many staff as possible in the process.

    I don't know what the sketch is with HSL vis a vis how much money the have held back looking to purchase shares .... but as an ongoing contributor I would be more than happy if the shares angle could be binned for the time being and every penny held and which continues to be received is passed over to the club ASAP .... If that means HSL's legal status changing from a Ltd company to something else so that the money can be released then get it done I say.

    GGTTH

  10. #39
    There are also quite a few Hibs fans itching to buy merchandise, I have said before, surely the online shop could safely come up with some safe working practices and get a much needed cash revenue up and running again.

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    19,590
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are also quite a few Hibs fans itching to buy merchandise, I have said before, surely the online shop could safely come up with some safe working practices and get a much needed cash revenue up and running again.
    No non essential workers should be leaving the house. We need to just sit tight.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #41
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    200
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No BS here, just an honest and realistic assessment of how things currently stand. A lot of comparisons are being made with Hearts, who nobody really would have had an issue with if they had taken this sort of approach, but they fired all of their guns at once the second the jobby hit the fan and it looked terrible.

    We and every other club may well find ourselves in a similar situation to our Gorgie chums in the next few weeks, but at least we are trying to take a measured approach and genuinely sound saddened that the outcome in the next few weeks might be staff laid off and players asked to defer or cut their wages, rather than it being the very first thing we rushed to do.

    I have the money sitting in my account now and if Hibs ask folk to buy season tickets, even with no guarantee when or even if all of the games will take place, I will be on line the same day renewing mine ..... This isn't about value for money or even entertainment, this is about doing everything to ensure Hibs get through this and hopefully saving the jobs of as many staff as possible in the process.

    I don't know what the sketch is with HSL vis a vis how much money the have held back looking to purchase shares .... but as an ongoing contributor I would be more than happy if the shares angle could be binned for the time being and every penny held and which continues to be received is passed over to the club ASAP .... If that means HSL's legal status changing from a Ltd company to something else so that the money can be released then get it done I say.

    GGTTH
    Great post

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    10,879
    Football and all other sports are going to see a massive down turn next season. We are just at the start of health crisis but the financial one is coming too. We could be facing a global depression. Football clubs and players are not going to be immune from this. There is no doubt the game will continue but lots of clubs will end up in administration or receivership but players will not be earning the same salaries as now. RG has said Hibs are going to suffer just like all clubs but selling a few thousand season tickets just now may only kick the can down the street from a few weeks. Hibs should sit tight on ST sales, if football goes bust then future ST sales will be important to allow clubs to restart and grow again.

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    6,779
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Football and all other sports are going to see a massive down turn next season. We are just at the start of health crisis but the financial one is coming too. We could be facing a global depression. Football clubs and players are not going to be immune from this. There is no doubt the game will continue but lots of clubs will end up in administration or receivership but players will not be earning the same salaries as now. RG has said Hibs are going to suffer just like all clubs but selling a few thousand season tickets just now may only kick the can down the street from a few weeks. Hibs should sit tight on ST sales, if football goes bust then future ST sales will be important to allow clubs to restart and grow again.
    You've hit the nail on the head, the financial implications of Covid-19 are not really being spoken about at the moment, but undoubtedly to pay for it money will be taken out of the system by way of tax increases, unemployment & a general reduction in family income.
    As you say football clubs, Hibs included, are not immune, I can see a return of part time playing staff, reduction in non playing staff & in general poorer standard of football. But the game will survive.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    746
    When you pay a membership to a gym, you arenít financing the yearly cost from a lender.

    Why canít hibs have a membership rather than a season ticket? You could have a standard membership at £35 per month for 12 months or a gold membership for extra benefits at £50 per month which might include food or something as well?

    If you miss a Direct debit then your season ticket doesnít work?

    Could have one for hospitality etc.

  16. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs4185 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you pay a membership to a gym, you arenít financing the yearly cost from a lender.

    Why canít hibs have a membership rather than a season ticket? You could have a standard membership at £35 per month for 12 months or a gold membership for extra benefits at £50 per month which might include food or something as well?

    If you miss a Direct debit then your season ticket doesnít work?

    Could have one for hospitality etc.
    Hibs need the money up front. This season, for instance, can you imagine how many direct debits would have been cancelled earlier in the season.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,422
    Admins: any chance you can add and pin the season ticket announcement to the top of the board?

  18. #47
    Without being paranoid is there a reason why hearts come out with their statements and cost cutting they are seen as trailblazing. We make comment and its put out as we're destitute

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    5,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Without being paranoid is there a reason why hearts come out with their statements and cost cutting they are seen as trailblazing. We make comment and its put out as we're destitute
    Havenít seen many describe Hearts behaviour as trailblazing.

  20. #49
    Testimonial Due Hibiza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,311
    Well done Ron, an excellent statement.

  21. #50
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne (pendower)
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No BS here, just an honest and realistic assessment of how things currently stand. A lot of comparisons are being made with Hearts, who nobody really would have had an issue with if they had taken this sort of approach, but they fired all of their guns at once the second the jobby hit the fan and it looked terrible.

    We and every other club may well find ourselves in a similar situation to our Gorgie chums in the next few weeks, but at least we are trying to take a measured approach and genuinely sound saddened that the outcome in the next few weeks might be staff laid off and players asked to defer or cut their wages, rather than it being the very first thing we rushed to do.

    I have the money sitting in my account now and if Hibs ask folk to buy season tickets, even with no guarantee when or even if all of the games will take place, I will be on line the same day renewing mine ..... This isn't about value for money or even entertainment, this is about doing everything to ensure Hibs get through this and hopefully saving the jobs of as many staff as possible in the process.

    I don't know what the sketch is with HSL vis a vis how much money the have held back looking to purchase shares .... but as an ongoing contributor I would be more than happy if the shares angle could be binned for the time being and every penny held and which continues to be received is passed over to the club ASAP .... If that means HSL's legal status changing from a Ltd company to something else so that the money can be released then get it done I say.

    GGTTH
    Excellent post NN, agree completely as a ongoing HS member, would be delighted if our contributions could be paid direct to the club

  22. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Havenít seen many describe Hearts behaviour as trailblazing.
    When it first happened it was spun as a positive. Wasn't until a week later that folk were wtf when they put out the email to agents

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved