hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar

Television advice please

My son has signed up to Disney+ but discovered today that his smart tv is too old to get it directly as an app. Would something like a Chromecast or Amazon fire stick enable him to access it?
    ​#PERSEVERED

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs Class View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My son has signed up to Disney+ but discovered today that his smart tv is too old to get it directly as an app. Would something like a Chromecast or Amazon fire stick enable him to access it?

It is Chromecast compatible which should allow him to stream. Amazon Firestick should work too. If heís got a PS4 or XBOX 1, he should be able to download the app and watch it through there. Also if you have Sky Q, you should be able to access it under the app section.

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/how-to-watch-disney-plus-on-tv
    Last edited by hfc rd; 24-03-2020 at 07:40 PM.

I just checked my firestick, the Disney plus app is available to download.

Iíve signed up for Disney + aswell and was a bit annoyed to find my Panasonic tv isnít compatible. Will probably buy a Firestick now to resolve it.

Also disappointing that theyíre choosing to release episodes of The Mandalorian on a weekly basis despite the fact it finished months ago in the US. Hopefully itís not going to be a regular occurrence to stagger release dates

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Thanks all, we're clearly out of date as we have a PS3, no xbox, only Sky+ and 3 TVs that won't receive it. Think I'll try the fire stick. Cheers.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iíve signed up for Disney + aswell and was a bit annoyed to find my Panasonic tv isnít compatible. Will probably buy a Firestick now to resolve it.

Also disappointing that theyíre choosing to release episodes of The Mandalorian on a weekly basis despite the fact it finished months ago in the US. Hopefully itís not going to be a regular occurrence to stagger release dates
    Thatís annoying. Was looking forward to binging that this weekend after hearing rave reviews about it. As you mentioned, I hope that ainít the case going forward.