hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Programmes

Programmes

A View from the Terrance recently covered a short piece on Brian from the Albion Road Programme shop, link here https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08751yp

I used to be programme daft as a kid but sadly fell away from collecting them as I’ve got a bit older and wondered how they are valued by the rest of you on here and if so which select few you value/cherish the most in your possession?

A quick dig out and so far I’ve managed to find Best’s home and away debuts at Love Street and vs Patrick Thistle. X3 3-0 wins at Ibrox along with a few of the tornado era European ties, the best perhaps being Napoli at home. Along with the obvious cup final ones from over the years and the 6-2, framed and signed I’ve also got a few out with Hibs- 2008 uefa cup final huns in Manchester, 2008 CL Semis -Liverpool vs Chelsea and the 1977 2-1 Scotland win at Wembley game.

What about everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

I have the last home game at Arsenals Highbury ground.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Gordon Smith's testimonial game v Man Utd. 15-Sept-1952

We won 7-3.…..!!!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    HIBS 3 v 2 The Rangers
    Scottish Cup Final
    £50 EBAY

I must have over 1000 HIBS and Scotland programmes inc
    Hadjuk Split v Hibernian
    1972/73 ECWC QF 2nd Leg

I have an Estonia v Scotland , the game that never was , programme and a complete match ticket as there was no one on the turnstiles to take off the stub

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    0-7 on new year's day signed by the late great Alan Gordon, The European Cup Semi Final V Stade Rheims and my personal favourite 2-3 win at Tynecastle in the East of Scotland Shield on the day I was born

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough Smiggy 7-0's Avatar
    In my young days had hundreds, now down to only a few:
    HIBS v REAL MADRID 07.10.1964 ----CHALLENGE MATCH
    CELTIC V HIBS 09.12.1972 -----LEAGUE CUP FINAL
    HIBS v AYR UNITED 16.12.1972 -----LEAGUE CUP SOUVENIR
    HEARTS V HIBS 01.01.1973 -----THE 7-0 GAME
    HIBS v LIVINGSTON 18.10.2003 -----JOE BAKER MEMORIAL

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I used to have the 1974 Charity Shield programme signed by both teams. We are talking Leeds and Liverpool. The two great teams of the time. Don’t know to this day what the hell I did with it.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Hibs v Barca
    0-7
    6-2
    2-3

I’ve got several hundred but thats my favourite four .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A View from the Terrance recently covered a short piece on Brian from the Albion Road Programme shop, link here https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08751yp

I used to be programme daft as a kid but sadly fell away from collecting them as I’ve got a bit older and wondered how they are valued by the rest of you on here and if so which select few you value/cherish the most in your possession?

A quick dig out and so far I’ve managed to find Best’s home and away debuts at Love Street and vs Patrick Thistle. X3 3-0 wins at Ibrox along with a few of the tornado era European ties, the best perhaps being Napoli at home. Along with the obvious cup final ones from over the years and the 6-2, framed and signed I’ve also got a few out with Hibs- 2008 uefa cup final huns in Manchester, 2008 CL Semis -Liverpool vs Chelsea and the 1977 2-1 Scotland win at Wembley game.

What about everyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice video . Interesting about the generational thing . Must be expensive for long term collectors to keep up with collection if buying for every game of several clubs or even one . Do Hibs still offer a postal programme subscription service ? I know there was something from guy who had shop in the East ( Ricki ? ) about 15 ( ? ) years ago but not sure if it was a club thing or if it still exists . For a while a couple of years ago Hibs used to send Hibs International TV subscribers online version of match programme . I`ll admit that I rarely read it all but I thought it was a nice touch which made you feel a bit nearer to the Holy Ground . They used to send it a day or two before the match . Ideally it`d have arrived 30 minutes before kick off to make it seem more authentic . Is shop in Albion Road the only one in Scotland ? I used to live in Glasgow and I remember there was a shop in Charing Cross area - talking of early 90s .

Berwick 1 Glasgow rangers 0. 1967

And the round after

Hibs 1 berwick 0

All from the 2007 and 2016 successful cup runs. And all from the 36 league games in promotion season. Should age like a fine wine.

Brilliant wee film well worth a watch

I often pop in to speak to Brian but I have a rule I only buy programmes for games I have actually attended

Browsing through his collection I noticed a mint condition Dundee v Hibs at Tiny LCSF 1968 my dad took me at the last minute ( McGraw scored the winner ) so always worth popping in for a wee browse it might unearth a gem

I have the programme from the first game I ever attended, the Scottish Cup match against Hearts in 1979.

I didn't get one on the day (my Dad is very tight-fisted) but found one years later in a programme shop in Cathcart Road in Glasgow. It's one of my most prized possessions.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    I’ve got the Scottish cup final programme signed by the team
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I’ve got the Scottish cup final programme signed by the team
    Brilliant!

I've a few programmes, but I'm yet to get the 2016 final.
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    I have a ticket stub framed from the European cup semi final against Stade de Rheims at home. Permanently on loan to the Hibernian Historical Trust

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I've got 41 of the 47 home ties weve played in European Competition.

Most Hibs appearences in Scottish and League Cup finals and a good number of semi final appearences since WW2.

Dryborough cup final

Have a few European Cup final programmes but wouldnt say I particularly collected them. I kind of follow Benfica from afar and have 6 out of 7 of their European Cup final programmes.

Chelsea v Leeds cup final and replay 1970 the first game I remember watching on tv and goes a long way in starting my football obsession.

Blackpool v Ipswich 1970 (old first division) the first professional match I attended.

First Team Breakthrough Conrad Gray's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I've got 41 of the 47 home ties weve played in European Competition..
    Which ones are you missing?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Gray View Post
    Which ones are you missing?
    Djungardens 55/56
    Reims 55/56
    Sochaux 76/77
    Anderlecht 92/93
    Vetra 04/05
    Malmo 13/14

Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Gordon Smith's testimonial game v Man Utd. 15-Sept-1952

We won 7-3.…..!!!
    ditto and what’s that worth these days

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Got plenty of programmes from over the years but I bought the 91 skol cup final programme from a charity shop uptown a few years ago.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Djungardens 55/56
    Reims 55/56
    Sochaux 76/77
    Anderlecht 92/93
    Vetra 04/05
    Malmo 13/14
    Well worth checking out Almondvale Programmes online or visit at Albion Road Edinburgh see OP should be able to sweep up the bottom four

Good luck

I love collecting programmes. I sometimes like reading the content in them as well (Although a lot of stuff can be taken out of modern day programmes tbh). But every so often, usually when moving house or clearing out old stuff to reorganise, you found yourself going through them again and remembering games and stories associated with that fixture. They're like what a pile photographs are to some people, physical reminders of history that you otherwise wouldn't keep at the front of your mind.

I have some of the older classics such as Best's debut and the time we played Real Madrid. But some of the newer ones are the pride and joys these days such as the Scottish Cup final programme and the Bonnyrigg Rose one (the first ever time a Hibs Scottish Cup fixtures programme had us listed as the current holders?), and the programme the club did specially for the Cup win that had tonnes of interviews and match reports from the run.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Djungardens 55/56
    Reims 55/56
    Sochaux 76/77
    Anderlecht 92/93
    Vetra 04/05
    Malmo 13/14
    Bump.

Lancs Harp (Billy), check your inbox, mate.

TH (Hugh)

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The programme for the St Johnstone game which was the first game called off in reaction to Covid-19 must have been printed ready to go, so assume those must be lying somewhere and would be of interest to collectors?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    The programme for the St Johnstone game which was the first game called off in reaction to Covid-19 must have been printed ready to go, so assume those must be lying somewhere and would be of interest to collectors?
    As will the Hamilton Accies away ticket, mine is still in the Hibs ticket office

First Team Breakthrough
    St.Johnstone programme is available on eBay
    QUOTE=Carheenlea;6135108]The programme for the St Johnstone game which was the first game called off in reaction to Covid-19 must have been printed ready to go, so assume those must be lying somewhere and would be of interest to collectors?[/QUOTE]

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    As will the Hamilton Accies away ticket, mine is still in the Hibs ticket office
    I can sell you 4 at face value. Joys of being AST holders 😂

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    They’re commonplace already and were widely available before and after the planned date.