hibs.net Messageboard

Scotsman reporting that only 6 clubs are covered by their insurance over coronavirus

2. Log in to remove the advert

Pretty sure Kieron Power said we were covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure Kieron Power said we were covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Also pretty sure Anne Budge has admitted Hearts aren't
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    All this stuff about business interruption insurance, travel insurance and even wedding cancellation insurance is all well and fine. But the next big economic crisis coming down the track from Covid-19 is the viability of the insurance market.

Getting pay-outs is fine, but the cost going forward beyond the current crisis will be increased insurance premiums for all of us.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    All this stuff about business interruption insurance, travel insurance and even wedding cancellation insurance is all well and fine. But the next big economic crisis coming down the track from Covid-19 is the viability of the insurance market.

Getting pay-outs is fine, but the cost going forward beyond the current crisis will be increased insurance premiums for all of us.
    When this is finished it'll take a long time for things to get back to normal and we'll all be affected financially.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Things need to be a lot different in all areas of society. Governments will try to repair a broken system though sadly. Can’t see Hibs fans paying £420 for season tickets when we get started again.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    When this is finished it'll take a long time for things to get back to normal and we'll all be affected financially.
    Things will be very different I think

Insurance cover is a minefield anyway, with excess for everything, then increasing premiums as soon as you do claim!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Business interruption insurance policies and pandemics do not always guarantee a favourable outcome for the policy holder unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Business interruption insurance policies and pandemics do not always guarantee a favourable outcome for the policy holder unfortunately.
    Starting to think insurance policies are a con :-(

I've paid Scottish Power to service and maintain my boiler for 20 years (next month) in all that time I've never ever had to report a fault (did get a new boiler a few years ago as well), now, the 1st time ever, I've a problem and they've turned round and said it's not covered (after trying to fix it) ..... Aaaaaaaarrrgh!

Edit, for clarity, at some point over the years SP farmed out the boiler cover to Domestic and General who act on SP's behalf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 21-03-2020 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    Starting to think insurance policies are a con :-(

I've paid Scottish Power to service and maintain my boiler for 20 years (next month) in all that time I've never ever had to report a fault (did get a new boiler a few years ago as well), now, the 1st time ever, I've a problem and they've turned round and said it's not covered (after trying to fix it) ..... Aaaaaaaarrrgh!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Couldn't agree more, have long held the belief the insurance game is nothing more than a scam.

Excess payments left, right and centre and very little that providers will actually pay out on.

My god, amongst the doom and gloom a bit of good news that 6 clubs may make this through slightly easier, possibly including our own. And all we get is more doom mongering from most on this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Things will be very different I think
    opportunity to revolutionize society, we are starting to see how some of the large companies think ie virgin (branson) weatherspoons, britannia hotels and the like....people getting sussed out....its not about people to these *******...time for change....big time.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    opportunity to revolutionize society, we are starting to see how some of the large companies think ie virgin (branson) weatherspoons, britannia hotels and the like....people getting sussed out....its not about people to these *******...time for change....big time.
    Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by foxy View Post
    Scotsman reporting that only 6 clubs are covered by their insurance over coronavirus https://www.scotsman.com/sport/footb...clause-2504350
    Can't read the article unfortunately as it's behind a paywall.

EZ

Quote Originally Posted by j'adorehibs View Post
    Absolutely. Johnson didn't change tack on handling the crisis until the stock market started tanking. Unfortunately, the UK is stuck with the Tories for almost 5 years, 2 of those years with emergency powers if they have their way. If only there was a way out of it.