hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I've been a sky customer for a few years and I always take the basic package, add the sports when I come home on leave if it's during the football season, then cancel it a month before I go back to sea. That way I'm not tied in to lengthy contracts for the time I'm not using the service. This won't work for everyone but it does for me in my circumstances. I've always found them to be easy to negotiate with when it comes round to renewing. A bit of haggling and they'll try hard to keep existing customers. I added BT Sports this month, which I don't normally do, on the morning of the last derby. I thought it would be worth the money seeing as there were some appealing CL and EL ties to be played as well. Sorry if I've jinxed things, people!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    2 hours on hold yesterday so good luck to those phoning , be patient

Left by mutual consent!
    I personally hope Sky Sports fold during this. Their whole "machine" is all that is wrong with sport in the four countries.

This is the time for change.

Jim White's sphincter must be shot. He's a bit part presenter. A bellend of proper proportions.

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I personally hope Sky Sports fold during this. Their whole "machine" is all that is wrong with sport in the four countries.

Jim White's sphincter must be shot. He's a bit part presenter. A bellend of proper proportions.

Agree m8 giving loyal customers nothing they should be giving free of charge or big reductions on sports channels until live sports are up and running again. Iptv is the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    2 hours on hold yesterday so good luck to those phoning , be patient
    Cancel your direct debit, they will soon call you

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Pathetic that this isn't an automatic freeze. There's absolutely no live sport taking place anywhere in the world right now so to expect people to phone in before they get any right to cancel their Sports package is pretty ridiculous.
    No it isn't because the channels are all still broadcasting. People will still be watching them, you can't just cancel someone's TV package

Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post

They'll lose a small, small fraction of income. Zero chance of folding. Sky also employ 30,000+ people. Would you like to see them jobless so you can get this big revolutionary change?

Amazon would just hoover up the rights and everyone would rush out to buy firesticks. Zero change would happen.
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 19-03-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    No it isn't because the channels are all still broadcasting. People will still be watching them, you can't just cancel someone's TV package
    On reflection I agree with that but making it so difficult for customers to cancel their subscription is really frustrating and almost cancels out any of the good they've done in offering this "goodwill gesture" in the first place.

Apparently they will be adding an online option to cancel your subscription from tomorrow, which is good so hopefully that works out.

Took the missus 25 minutes yesterday on the blower to Sky. Sports package bumped for the foreseeable. We’re not on a contract so was straightforward.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    On reflection I agree with that but making it so difficult for customers to cancel their subscription is really frustrating and almost cancels out any of the good they've done in offering this "goodwill gesture" in the first place.

Apparently they will be adding an online option to cancel your subscription from tomorrow, which is good so hopefully that works out.
    I’m not sure they’ve made it that difficult.

They’ll be overwhelmed with phone calls and most likely hugely understaffed/skeleton staff. They’re adding an online option by Friday. It all seems quite reasonable to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I phoned this morning and the wait was over an hour. I left it but I'll try again in a day or so. I don't know why they don't just have something on the site you can put your details in and they process it. Everyone will be phoning for the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Simple answer to that is, they get the acclaim for saying what they’ll do but will make it as hard as hell for you to do and as some have said on here, when cancelling the sports everything else jumps up in price leaving you to argue only to get it back to the original contract price.

First Team Breakthrough
    The Sky algorithm must be a nightmare for the call centre staff. I updated my contract recently and couldn’t take Sky Movies off the contract – as every contract was cheaper with Movies. I got rid of Sky Sports but had to keep Movies – so at least I’ve got something to watch now I’m home for the foreseeable future. Watched THE Scottish Cup Final yesterday on You Tube to keep my spirits up.

@hibs.net private member
    Online option should be live or will be soon to ‘Pause’ your Sports subscription, meaning you will still have access to the channels and recordings but not pay for them.

This will only be available for full Sports packs at the moment, not if you only have a single sports pack

Agree, simple online option for the packages like nowtv (aren't they owned by sky) have.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

They’ll be overwhelmed with phone calls and most likely hugely understaffed/skeleton staff. They’re adding an online option by Friday. It all seems quite reasonable to me?
    In comparison to how easy it would be in the unlikely event that someone wanted to add Sports to their package then I definitely think it's difficult.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Online option should be live or will be soon to ‘Pause’ your Sports subscription, meaning you will still have access to the channels and recordings but not pay for them.

This will only be available for full Sports packs at the moment, not if you only have a single sports pack
    Well that's a complete an utter pain in the butt!

I got my subscription 'paused' as per their own terms earlier this week, but within the hour the channels were all scrambled barring Sky Sports News.

I hope they will simply reactivate those channels for those who have already 'paused' as they are doing for those who 'pause' later this week.

On another point that's quite funny (probably a can of worms though) I have watched more BBC content over the past week or so than i have for a long long time. I used to work for the BBC so have never been against the TV Licence in principle, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of folk who like me have upped their content recently, if only for the News! Now those get to see where the money goes.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post

Agreed.

Some folk need to chill out a bit. Businesses up and down the land are having to make tough decisions, they might take a few days to do so.

Waiting on the phone for a bit seems like a ridiculous thing to be moaning about right now when a lot of folk are losing their jobs or not getting paid.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Well that's a complete an utter pain in the butt!
    Can never make everyone happy it seems

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Exactly.

Sky are being hit like any other business just now, their call centre staff and other workers will be facing into the same uncertainties as the rest of us, people needing to be at home etc instead of at work.

They're not immune to it - just because they're a big company doesn't mean they can easily work around the situation, folk need to take a step back from their own situation and realise that businesses are doing the best they can to cope with a rapidly evolving emergency here.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    Can never make everyone happy it seems
    Having read the email I received from Sky earlier it doesn’t sound like they will be allowing customers who have ‘paused’ their subscription to keep watching.

As another poster has said they are still broadcasting, just no live sporting content. I paused my subscription for 2 reasons, I don’t really watch the sports channels other than to watch live games and secondly to reduce my outgoings during this time.

What I will point out though is that no customer should be treated differently than any other in the same situation, so if Sky do allow some customers to keep using their sporting service during the ‘pause’ and others not then I’ll certainly fight for my right to be annoyed by this.

You can now pause sky sports online.

Quote Originally Posted by brocherbob View Post
    You can now pause sky sports online.
    I'm still getting the same message about being unable to do it online but check back tomorrow 20th March. .

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I'm still getting the same message about being unable to do it online but check back tomorrow 20th March. .
    https://www.sky.com/shop/covid19-customer-update?irct=msa

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    Agree m8 giving loyal customers nothing they should be giving free of charge or big reductions on sports channels until live sports are up and running again. Iptv is the way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have IPTV in my apartment in Spain, but I had someone else set it up, in June I have to pay my subscription, Im not very savvy when it comes to stuff like this, but, (this is probably a stupid question) is it easy to install and set up myself without having to pay a subscription, or is it easier just to pay it?

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Cheers that's worked now.

I really hope that there's not going to be any nasty surprises with the cost of Sky Sports once this is all over and that it is purely a genuine goodwill gesture to help customers during this crisis.

@hibs.net private member
    Cheers that's worked now.

I really hope that there's not going to be any nasty surprises with the cost of Sky Sports once this is all over and that it is purely a genuine goodwill gesture to help customers during this crisis.
    I think it’s a PR thing. I got an email yesterday giving free skygo extra and highlighting the new channels and apps they’re going to be making available.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I have IPTV in my apartment in Spain, but I had someone else set it up, in June I have to pay my subscription, Im not very savvy when it comes to stuff like this, but, (this is probably a stupid question) is it easy to install and set up myself without having to pay a subscription, or is it easier just to pay it?
    Easy to install but I'd imagine you'll need a username and password to view anything beyond the first screen.

If you have the same platform over here, like a firestick, you should be able to get the same service in the UK.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I'd like to see BT Sports do a similar thing with regarding suspending their service. I'd cancel now, but pretty sure I am tied into a contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think it’s a PR thing. I got an email yesterday giving free skygo extra and highlighting the new channels and apps they’re going to be making available.
    Yeah I'm sure it is. Sky won't do very much out of the goodness of their heart.

I've just asked this question on the PM board but I wonder what live sport we need to see returning before they decide to resume subscriptions? Is it the pool and the netball or will they wait until the Premier League is back before they start charging people again?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Easy to install but I'd imagine you'll need a username and password to view anything beyond the first screen.

If you have the same platform over here, like a firestick, you should be able to get the same service in the UK.
    thanks