hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Sky sports and Virgin Media

With no live sports been shown for a considerable period has anyone established if Sky or Virgin customers can suspend subscriptions or otherwise ..
    Heard from a friend Sky may be doing so if you phone them ??
    Apologies if this has been covered previously but cant see a link.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2belhaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With no live sports been shown for a considerable period has anyone established if Sky or Virgin customers can suspend subscriptions or otherwise ..
    Heard from a friend Sky may be doing so if you phone them ??
    Sky will suspend your Sky Sports channels if you phone in

@hibs.net private member
    Yes, I did it this morning, took the advisor a while to make the changes as by taking the sports pack off it made other packs jump up in price, so a few hurdles needed overcome to leave me with the same contract price minus the sport pack. This was with Sky, it took over an hour on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Yes, I did it this morning, took the advisor a while to make the changes as by taking the sports pack off it made other packs jump up in price, so a few hurdles needed overcome to leave me with the same contract price minus the sport pack. This was with Sky, it took over an hour on the phone.
    I might be being a bit slow but that seems pointless to me. Your paying the same price as you were before? Why cancel them then, they'll be showing something on them.
    * I've probably got it all wrong ad usual.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    If you manage to claw some money back from Sky and you wouldn't miss it, people might consider donating it to a random lower league club that's going to be struggling financially (or to a food bank or any other worthy cause).

Wee bit of crowd-sourced wealth redistribution.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    I might be being a bit slow but that seems pointless to me. Your paying the same price as you were before? Why cancel them then, they'll be showing something on them.
    Same price as before minus the sport pack cost

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    If you manage to claw some money back from Sky and you wouldn't miss it, people might consider donating it to a random lower league club that's going to be struggling financially (or to a food bank or any other worthy cause).

Or alternatively give it to HSL.

I’ve tried to get through to them today but it just cuts off. It’s a real pain

I phoned this morning and the wait was over an hour. I left it but I'll try again in a day or so. I don't know why they don't just have something on the site you can put your details in and they process it. Everyone will be phoning for the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    BT only launched their new combined flexible BT Sport and Sky Sports packages 3 weeks ago but one of the selling points is that you can make one change per month with no penalty. So in 10 days time I'll be downsizing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just_Jimmy View Post
    I phoned this morning and the wait was over an hour. I left it but I'll try again in a day or so. I don't know why they don't just have something on the site you can put your details in and they process it. Everyone will be phoning for the same thing

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Presumably they’ll have a high %age of staff working from home over the next few months like everyone else so service is likely to be slower.

They might have to consider allowing customers to change/downsize/cancel their package online and then call the customer back to talk them out of it.

I wonder if this will have a knock on affect as the pubs and clubs will surely be asking for sky to be removed. What if sky has to reduce it's payment to the EPL then i would suggest this would not be a bad thing as it might reduce players wages to reasonable levels.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    I wonder if this will have a knock on affect as the pubs and clubs will surely be asking for sky to be removed. What if sky has to reduce it's payment to the EPL then i would suggest this would not be a bad thing as it might reduce players wages to reasonable levels.
    I was listening to Talksport one day last week and the Luton (I think) chairman was on.

He was talking about teams in lower league toiling as the EFL didnt have huge reserves to help everyone out but mentioned the PL had 1 billion sat as reserve fund.

They will be fine for the foreseeable.

I can see closed doors games starting up in around a months time all on telly.

With Sky and BT likely to lose 10s of thousands of subscribers they're going to put in the most inefficient system they can dream up to facilitate them all cancelling their contracts.

How long does it take to add a service?
    Space to let

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    With Sky and BT likely to lose 10s of thousands of subscribers they're going to put in the most inefficient system they can dream up to facilitate them all cancelling their contracts.

How long does it take to add a service?
    This 100%. Virgin constantly call me trying to get me to take an enhanced package. Now they've disappeared!

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    It is ridiculous that they have a straightforward system to add to your package, but it's a nightmare to remove.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post

Eh? Donate to a club who will have an owner worth a hell of a lot more than me.

Mental.

There are no circumstances under which I would do that. I bet even you wouldn't.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    It is ridiculous that they have a straightforward system to add to your package, but it's a nightmare to remove.

They aint daft

Just tried Virgin and the line to customer service staff is not available !

aulldhibby

Am with Virgin , was waiting to see what would happen , waste of time, phoned Virgin yesterday and cancelled sky/bt/Premier sports reduced my monthly subscription by £50 and i got sky cinema added , took bout 15 mins , of course been with em for years so no contact to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinfaePorty View Post
    Pathetic that this isn't an automatic freeze. There's absolutely no live sport taking place anywhere in the world right now so to expect people to phone in before they get any right to cancel their Sports package is pretty ridiculous.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Pathetic that this isn't an automatic freeze. There's absolutely no live sport taking place anywhere in the world right now so to expect people to phone in before they get any right to cancel their Sports package is pretty ridiculous.
    Face it, they are commercial businesses, it is up to the customer to cancel subscriptions.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Face it, they are commercial businesses, it is up to the customer to cancel subscriptions.
    If it's not going to be automatically cancel then there should be an option to do it online.

It's easy enough to add sports onto your package if you want to do that without having to phone up and cancel.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Just tried Virgin and the line to customer service staff is not available !
    Same with Sky. I've posted a thread on the PM forum then noticed this one.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    This is from Sky's website:

"While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period.

Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 sports channels.

We are sorry that you are currently unable to pause your Sky Sports subscription online, however, in light of the circumstances we are working hard to introduce this in the coming days. Please check back online from Friday. In the meantime, please be aware that we have reduced resource in our call centre and we apologise if you are unable to get through to us on the phone."
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Lol, I wasn’t very clear on that was I... minus the cost of sports... so the exact position I wanted to be in.

First Team Breakthrough Risboro Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxy View Post
    I can see closed doors games starting up in around a months time all on telly.
    Whilst football behind closed doors is pretty depressing. These are exceptional times. All our home matches on Hibs Tv season ticket holders get free viewing. Non season ticket holders and away fans pay to view. Likewise away games we can pay to view on the home club channel.Keeps some form of income coming into clubs.

Suggestion on their website that there's going to be an option to cancel Sports online from Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    This is from Sky's website:

"While we expect that many of the recently postponed sports events will eventually go ahead, if you wish to pause your sports subscription in the meantime you will not be charged a fee to do so or be held to any notice period.

Meanwhile we continue to provide high quality content across all of our 11 sports channels.

We are sorry that you are currently unable to pause your Sky Sports subscription online, however, in light of the circumstances we are working hard to introduce this in the coming days. Please check back online from Friday. In the meantime, please be aware that we have reduced resource in our call centre and we apologise if you are unable to get through to us on the phone."
    Thanks for this mate..will hold off trying to call them till Friday then