Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
Both my parents are diabetic, and so's my wife who was sent home from work today to self isolate. As a result I'm off work for 14 days. I feel really sorry for her, she's had 2 major operations recently and now this. And to make it worse she's going to have to put up with me 24/7 for at least whole week! Nae luck.
Strictly speaking I don’t think you need to self isolate because your wife has diabetes? The 14 day thing is only if you’re showing symptoms. On day 15 of you go back to work you will be coming home and presenting the same risk to your wife?

The flip side to that though i am in the same boat as you I think as I’m terrified of being the one that passes it on, I’m actually finding it quite mentally exhausting worrying about it at the same time as trying to keep her spirits up.

We have made the decision to take our boy out of school, I know that’s against government advice but we just feel it’s too risky waiting for him to come home with the virus, not for him, or me, but for the wife. I actually agree with the government strategy of keeping them in for as long as possible but for me the situation changes a bit when the kid is going home to an adult in the vulnerable category.

Good luck though, hopefully you and your wife manage to keep your spirits up.