hibs.net Messageboard

How long until Sky Sports and BT Sport offer refunds?

Sports channels have turned into the sporting equivalent of UK Gold.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Never.

They will happily keep taking payments until individuals cancel their subscriptions.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    If they offer refunds would they then not pay the clubs?

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never.

They will happily keep taking payments until individuals cancel their subscriptions.
    This... As far as they're concerned you've had what you paid for up to now.... If you ain't happy with what you're getting at the mo then it's down to you to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Just Alf View Post
    This... As far as they're concerned you've had what you paid for up to now.... If you ain't happy with what you're getting at the mo then it's down to you to cancel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    I have no doubt they'll continue to take what they can,however surely at some point there must be contractual issues when people are signed-up for however many advertised 'live' sports events and are locked-in to 18 month subscriptions etc on that basis? Maybe they'll still get the majority of these events later in the year I suppose...

Sky offering customers the chance to "pause" their Sports subscription for no cost.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    My parents are in their 70's and have had their sky package for over 20 years.
    I had always suggested that they cancel to get a better deal but they would never do it.
    They wont be registered with them online as they dont use a computer.

Can I cancel or pause the sports channel for them?
    I notice on the link above that it asks for their email address but they have never registered.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    I had always suggested that they cancel to get a better deal but they would never do it.

I notice on the link above that it asks for their email address but they have never registered.
    I think if you register for My Sky, perhaps on behalf of whichever one of your parents is the account holder, then you could log on and pause it for them.

I also think I saw someone say they did it via My Sky on their TV so that may be worth trying as well.

you can sign them up online, just need some account information to link to their account

They should definitely cancel and try and get a better deal. We done this with Virgin a few months back - originally our deal package went up to £109 which we said to cancel , they came back with £89 and we said no just cancel.

2 weeks later they called and offered us the exact same deal for £69 a month. We do get add ons each month like boxing pay per view and movies so not sure if that's why we got such a good deal.

Anyone tried to stop their Premier Sports subscription?

I have paused Sky Sports and cancelled BT Sports (30 day notice still required ) but no joy with Premier Sports -

I am almost 100% sure they have changed my login details for my account, there is no call centre operating and the skeleton staff working can only deal with account sign in issues by email which they ignore!

Total cowboys. I only pay £11 a month or something so not the end of the world but its crazy companies can behave like this

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    Anyone tried to stop their Premier Sports subscription?

I have paused Sky Sports and cancelled BT Sports (30 day notice still required ) but no joy with Premier Sports -

I am almost 100% sure they have changed my login details for my account, there is no call centre operating and the skeleton staff working can only deal with account sign in issues by email which they ignore!

Total cowboys. I only pay £11 a month or something so not the end of the world but its crazy companies can behave like this
    Doesn't premier come out as a recurring debit card payment? I know it's a pain but your bank could stop this. Not the best time to be contacting them though.
    Cougars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HH81 View Post
    Doesn't premier come out as a recurring debit card payment? I know it's a pain but your bank could stop this. Not the best time to be contacting them though.
    You could well be right - just checked my bank account and there is no standing order right enough! So it wouldnt affect my credit rating if i just stopped the card payment with the bank?

Quote Originally Posted by archiecoby View Post
    You could well be right - just checked my bank account and there is no standing order right enough! So it wouldnt affect my credit rating if i just stopped the card payment with the bank?
    Erm not 100% sure the most they could do if it 30 days notice is one late payment marker. I know I called them when I cancelled their service and they were really good. I think something must come out soon if other sports companies stopping payments. Tricky one
    Cougars!!!

Did you email the support e-mail address? Think its Support@premiersports.com

https://www.premierplayer.tv/compone...ing?Itemid=111

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    How much are Sky deducting each month, for “pausing” Sky Sports

yeah i emailed that email address - I will try to find out about the card payment. As i say only £11 a month so not a drama but no point in paying it every month if there is no sport on.

I saved £16.50 a month I think by pausing Sky Sports but I had just entered into a new package so not sure if some people might be saving more

cancelled BT Sport which was costing me £36.50 a month cause I had never bothered to phone them up so when the football comes back on I should get it for cheaper than that when renewing

Think my brother is saving £26 for pausing his Sky Sports

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Have a look on your most recent bill and it will tell you how much of that is based on your sports subscription. Of our £66 a month, £20 is for sports and £2 for sports in HD.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Have a look on your most recent bill and it will tell you how much of that is based on your sports subscription. Of our £66 a month, £20 is for sports and £2 for sports in HD.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post

I believe it’s the full cost of whatever sky sports package you have Billy

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post

I've looked on my Virgin bill after taking their offer of pausing SKY sports but as the package is just listed as a bundle on my bill with no breakdown I am unable to tell how much it will save me.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    I've looked on my Virgin bill after taking their offer of pausing SKY sports but as the package is just listed as a bundle on my bill with no breakdown I am unable to tell how much it will save me.
    It shows up on mine under My Bills, Charges £31.75CR.

If you go into Bill Breakdown the cost of your personal picks will be listed there.
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 28-03-2020 at 05:10 PM.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    It shows up on mine under My Bills, Charges £31.75CR.

If you go into Bill Breakdown the cost of your personal picks will be listed there.

My bill breakdown just lists the cost of my package, no individual breakdown will maybe show on next bill as this one has already been issued.