hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Gordon

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar

Ron Gordon

I bet he wishes he'd never bought us now.

His plans for the club that were revealed at the agm have been scuppered at the first hurdle, not just us but every club worldwide will feel the pinch, some more than others.

We start off in a better place than most in Scotland, but these are worrying times financially for us all.

I wonder what the future holds?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    We're doomed 😭

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

His plans for the club that were revealed at the agm have been scuppered at the first hurdle, not just us but every club worldwide will feel the pinch, some more than others.

We start off in a better place than most in Scotland, but these are worrying times financially for us all.

I was thinking about this earlier BH, Ron set out his plans before this mess came down the pipe and he cannot be slated if the timing/figures slip back a bit as the Virus is in control for now.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    With no games for a month or so at least I fully expect the screen and ribbons to be installed within the next couple of weeks.

If not then Petrie out.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

I presume he bought Hibs for the long term.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's not actually the end of the world.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    I presume he bought Hibs for the long term.

Contrary to popular opinion, it's not actually the end of the world.
    It will be for millions of people.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It will be for millions of people.

Millions?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Millions?
    Yes. I think Millions world wide will die from this.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Yes. I think Millions world wide will die from this.
    I get that you are scared, but that my friend is absolute nonsense. This virus has an average mortality rate worldwide of less than 1%.
    Just to put this in context, approx 4600 deaths have been attributed to the virus out of a world population of 7.8 billion.
    Regular influenza will still kill more people worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post
    I get that you are scared, but that my friend is absolute nonsense. This virus has an average mortality rate worldwide of less than 1%.
    Just to put this in context, approx 4600 deaths have been attributed to the virus out of a world population of 7.8 billion.
    I hope you're right.

And yet 3-4% of those that get it die.

EZ

Testimonial Due
    The biggest potential problem for Hibs is what security has been granted further down the chain of ownership over Ron Gordon’s assets in the event of one of his businesses going under.

There’s going to be a large number of companies going bankrupt because of this situation. It’s the worst global economic catastrophe in 80 years. I don’t think people fully realise this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by eezyrider View Post
    And yet 3-4% of those that get it die.

EZ
    The mortality rate won't be as high as that IMO.

The WHO have said the case fatality rate of known cases is 3.4% but that is on the basis of confirmed cases. It would only be as high as that if literally every single person who has this has been diagnosed which is obviously impossible. There will be lots of people who either don't have symptoms or have such mild symptoms they are not tested.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cocteautwin View Post
    The biggest potential problem for Hibs is what security has been granted further down the chain of ownership over Ron Gordon’s assets in the event of one of his businesses going under.

There’s going to be a large number of companies going bankrupt because of this situation. It’s the worst global economic catastrophe in 80 years. I don’t think people fully realise this yet.
    Does he actually own any other companies anymore? I’m not sure he does.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    The mortality rate won't be as high as that IMO.

The WHO have said the case fatality rate of known cases is 3.4% but that is on the basis of confirmed cases. It would only be as high as that if literally every single person who has this has been diagnosed which is obviously impossible. There will be lots of people who either don't have symptoms or have such mild symptoms they are not tested.
    Research so far indicates that the current figures are an accurate reflection. It's early days though and the situation is constantly changing.
    Getting a clear picture is also not helped by countries like Iran suppressing what apparently is becoming a very serious situation.

EZ

What if he gets it, then what happens?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What if he gets it, then what happens?
    He self isolates for 2 weeks then will be fine. Probably

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I have asked myself the same question many times if Ron Gordon ever regrets taking over HIBS?

I have no doubt whatsoever he is a good egg and is in it for the long haul he has HIBS best interests at heart we will get through this and I am convinced we will come out the other end just fine and hopefully stronger than before

Strap yourselves in it is going to be a bumpy ride

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    He self isolates for 2 weeks then will be fine. Probably
    And if he isn't? What age is he?

So long as season starts on time next August then Hibs won’t be hit that badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar

Governments around the world don't seem to be treating as per your example do they? IF it was less of a killer than the flu then why are countries on lock down, virtually all sports suspended etc, there is no precedent but it appears that this virus COULD well result in millions of deaths.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    And if he isn't? What age is he?

3.5% death rate in China. That's because they built hospitals with 500 respirators in a few weeks.
    Italy is 7%. They don't have as many respirators, nor the resources to build them.
    The reason they're trying so hard, to contain the spread, is that once all the ventilators and ECMO machines (for really bad cases) are taken, the death rate sky rockets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Let’s hope/pray people like Ron Gordon, Sir Tom and Rod Petrie all stay fit and healthy along with our loved ones/most vulnerable.

Just so long as this doesn't turn into a long term situation, for example into December, we should be fine. All of the projects announced at the AGM like big screens, ribbons round the pitch and even an indoor training facility can all take a back seat if the money set aside for them turns out to be needed to finance the club on a day to day basis ..... unless of course we are already committed to purchasing the screen and ribbons, which at this stage is eminently possible I suppose.

I doubt RG will be panicking just yet, annoyance at his plans being hampered somewhat notwithstanding of course. As for other clubs, I'm willing to bet a lot of them wish they were in our position financially.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
    3.5% death rate in China. That's because they built hospitals with 500 respirators in a few weeks.
    Italy is 7%. They don't have as many respirators, nor the resources to build them.
    The reason they're trying so hard, to contain the spread, is that once all the ventilators and ECMO machines (for really bad cases) are taken, the death rate sky rockets.
    I’m not sure how there can be any clear estimate of anything if millions are being told to self isolate without being tested? Are the governments just taking a guess of how many untested will actually have it or what?

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    This. Asian flu tonamebut one ( and SARS) claimed many more and we didnt have the hysteria we're seeing now in certain areas. Less than 1 % death rate globally...most if not all already very ill...89%
    will experience a mild to bad cold...10% a wee bit more ill but are survivors. ...
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    This. Asian flu tonamebut one ( and SARS) claimed many more and we didnt have the hysteria we're seeing now in certain areas. Less than 1 % death rate globally...most if not all already very ill...89%
    will experience a mild to bad cold...10% a wee bit more ill but are survivors. ...
    We are nowhere near the middle even of how bad it’s predicted to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudds_1 View Post
    Where did those figures come from?

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Where did those figures come from?
    Bbc 1 bulletin a day ago.....
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game