hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Testimonial Due

Season Tickets 19/20 season

I’m curious as to what others will do as if seems likely the season is over with Hibs having potentially 5 home games left?

As I see it the club and season ticket holders have 3 ways of dealing with it...

1. Refund the remaining value
    2. Offer a discount for next season
    3. Supporters can agree to forfeit the value and “donate” it to the club

Personally I’d take option 3 as I’ve already given the club the money and have no expectations of getting any back but this might not be how others feel.

Curious as to what others think the options are and what they would do if the season is indeed over?

free cup top ups for 1 game only next season for all season ticket renewals, to be made available on eticketing to be redeemed at any home game of your choosing.

Something like that. Good gesture and fill the stadium

@hibs.net private member
    Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    It's going to be tough enough for the club financially without supporters asking for a refund.
    Definate no from me.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Option 3

I don’t think anyone would be looking for any money back. Yes it’s unfortunate, but no way would I be looking to take money back from Hibs.

It’s not Hibs fault if the season doesn’t pick up again. I’d rather they kept the money from season tickets as they’ll be losing money elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    It will be interesting to know how out of pocket the club was. For instance we already have revenue for 13000 tickets. At the moment we are getting around 16k for most games and more for the big 3 games. We now may have no costs in terms of policing and stewarding etc. Possibly less player bonuses too. What is the shortfall.

I bought my season ticket for a season's worth of fixtures. As long as this season is not voided that is what we will end up with regardless of how this is solved. The other issue is that the early bird money for planning will be late this year so it may be worth the club asking for help from fans if they need it.
    TV games, sponsorship, away fans, walk ups, hospitality, club shop etc....will be 100s of thousands I guess....will be a difficult time , even for us...dipping into our cash reserves

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Does the T&C state 19 home games or all home league games? If the latter they might not have to offer anything?

If they legally had to offer compo/refunds it could be pretty catastrophic not just for us but the whole of Scottish football if there was a large uptake.
    19 league games is never in black and white due to the split.

If they avoid the season then fans of all clubs could rightly ask for a full refund hence why they won't void the season.

I would let Hibs keep the money no matter what the outcome.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Surely no one will be looking for a refund? Hibs already have my money and will need it in this unprecedented time so I for one am not interested in a refund of any amount
    I’m sure a lot of fans will need the money too in these unprecedented times.

I wouldn’t personally ask for any money back but I can see why some might!

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm sure there will be plenty people looking for a refund or a reduction on next season's season ticket, if the season isn't completed.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I wouldn’t want a refund either. Yet there’s a thread running and people are wanting refunds from hotels and train companies. It’s amazing how we treat our football club differently.

First Team Breakthrough
    I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Option 3 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.
    Ach, to be honest 'fair' isn't part of the equation here is it. Fair is getting your money back for whatever it will be ( say 5 ) home games ... if that's an average of even £10 per game per ST holder you are looking at a cost of £650,000 to the club, on top of lost revenue from away fans and corporate etc etc.

What shouldn't be forgotten here also is that Hibs have 111 employees to pay only around a third of whom play football for it.

Option 3 for me every time.

@hibs.net private member

Season Tickets 19/20 season

Option 3 for me too...any discount simply reduces the budget for next season..and we are already going to be materially short due to months without football..

Perhaps the solution is to give fans a choice to wave their discount ..

Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Anyone who wishes the club to succeeded will opt for 3.
    If they can afford to......

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

It’s spent though. All that happens is you don’t see the remaining games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It’s spent though. All that happens is you don’t see the remaining games.
    They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...
    Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. He’s really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.

I was thinking solely along this season and the club's needs for the rest season.

I do however get the affordability issue for next season.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    I can afford it so Option 3 for me.

I'm happy with option 3 or whatever the club decides.

They could maybe make a wee gesture like 10 free pie vouchers or a £25 club store voucher with season ticket renewals.

What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    What happens if in 3 months down the line we haven't gotten any further and there's still no sign of any football being played. Are folk gonna spend £100s on new season tickets if the season isn't gonna start? Some will but plenty will not.
    I can't see them selling season tickets for next season any time soon.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    I have already spent the money so option 3.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.

Quote Originally Posted by 18Craig75 View Post
    The club shouldn’t offer any money back, or any discounts whatsoever for next season.

It’s not their fault this has happened, and it is going to be tough times so they need as big a cash reserve as possible. Anyone asking for a refund won’t be a ‘supporter’I in my eyes.

I’d also encourage the club to get next years season tickets on sale now. I’d renew tomorrow and I’m sure there are thousands others that would as well. Given the interest rates are even lower now as well it would be even better for the club in terms of the payment plan.
    When peoples jobs are at risk you can’t justify £400 fir a season ticket.

I’m sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

At this time far more important things to spend money on.

I love my hibs but family first I’m afraid.