hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 59 of 59
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    45
    Posts
    23,706
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they can afford to......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Itís spent though. All that happens is you donít see the remaining games.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    40
    Posts
    3,121
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: verticaldropdj
    Option 3 for me

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    121
    A lot will depend on what the T & C's are and if they cover this type of situation. I think Hibs will be obliged to offer refunds and perhaps they could offer the option of forfeiting the refund if that is what some individuals are prepared to do.

  5. #34
    Testimonial Due Glory Lurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Miles from in the know
    Posts
    3,213
    Wouldn't dream of asking the club for my money back.

  6. #35
    I have no wish to get anything back from the club, they will need it more than me in the short term. They are going to face difficulties in next years seasons tickets though. There are going to be severe economic problems caused by this virus. As an example, universities in Scotland employ tens of thousands of people and to varying degrees rely on international fee income to survive, without cash coming in in the autumn they will struggle to pay staff. There are going to be countless examples of this across various sectors. If you work in an area such as this buying a season ticket may be a decreased priority.

  7. #36
    @hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Leith
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,255
    Is this even a debate? The players still need paid

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    west lothian
    Posts
    1,791
    Option for me thanks

  9. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If they can afford to......


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I was thinking solely along this season and the club's needs for the rest season.

    I do however get the affordability issue for next season.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,048
    I can afford it so Option 3 for me.

  11. #40
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,928
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Option 3

  12. #41
    Testimonial Due sadtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,013
    Like pretty much everyone else i'd be ok with option 3 but would like a few conditions.
    Its hard to tell at the moment, but many of us could face a period lower (or even no) income in the coming weeks/months. So next seasons ST should have an extended 'early bird window' with interest free payment options to match. I would hope that is going to be the case anyway.

  13. #42
    I couldnít get a season ticket this season because of personal circumstances but Iím heartened to read most fans would opt for option 3.. well done the club will already be suffering..

  14. #43
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by St Pauli Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would personally go for option 2 the vast majority of season ticket holders will renew next season & if the season is finished I think it is only fair that the home games we can't attend are taken off next season's ST price which is already up £35pp anyway.
    Ach, to be honest 'fair' isn't part of the equation here is it. Fair is getting your money back for whatever it will be ( say 5 ) home games ... if that's an average of even £10 per game per ST holder you are looking at a cost of £650,000 to the club, on top of lost revenue from away fans and corporate etc etc.

    What shouldn't be forgotten here also is that Hibs have 111 employees to pay only around a third of whom play football for it.

    Option 3 for me every time.

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member Dibben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    West Lothian
    Age
    47
    Posts
    5,248
    Option 3 for me!!

  16. #45
    First Team Regular SON OF PADDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    south east
    Age
    60
    Posts
    994
    Has to be, Opinion 3 for me !

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,445
    Option 3 for me without a doubt.

  18. #47
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís spent though. All that happens is you donít see the remaining games.
    They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,998
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They may need it to afford next seasons ....particularly in an environment when many peoples incomes will be reduced ...
    Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. Heís really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member whiskyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,428
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbySpurs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím curious as to what others will do as if seems likely the season is over with Hibs having potentially 5 home games left?

    As I see it the club and season ticket holders have 3 ways of dealing with it...

    1. Refund the remaining value
    2. Offer a discount for next season
    3. Supporters can agree to forfeit the value and ďdonateĒ it to the club

    Personally Iíd take option 3 as Iíve already given the club the money and have no expectations of getting any back but this might not be how others feel.

    Curious as to what others think the options are and what they would do if the season is indeed over?
    Very happy with option 3

  21. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. Heís really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.
    While all that is fair enough, a potential £50/60 from the club isnít going to make his predicament any better at this time. Iím sure the club will be sympathetic to circumstances regarding next seasons ST release, however people have already paid the money for this seasons, itís not costing them any money for the club not to give a refund as itís already spent.

    In regards to his mortgage payments etc, Iíve already seen a few banks offer holidays on repayments, and id imagine many will follow suit (if they havenít already).

  22. #51
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    42
    Posts
    40,362
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I'd take option 3 as well, I'd committed the money anyway.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Airth
    Age
    27
    Posts
    8,597
    I canít see anyone asking for their money back.

  24. #53
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    11,758
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly my son is a self employed taxi driver in Edinburgh. If it goes to lock down and he has no income he still has his car repayments along with mortgage payments and household bills. Plus he has an 8 month old child to provide for. Heís really worried about his finances and how he will cope. The last thing on his mind just now is can he afford a season ticket.
    Absolutely nobody is going to argue with this.

    If you already have a season ticket then apart from missing the games that are not played it can be argued you are also saving however much money you would have spent actually attending said matches, which for me is between 30 to 50 quid a game even with a season ticket ... financially it isn't a hit, very the reverse in fact, Hampden would have left little change out of £100 .... and if we made the final probably a total of around £250 for both games.

    Buying a season ticket for next season is a different matter if you are unsure how your finances will be hit by the situation ... lots of workplaces like pubs, shops and the like will be affected.

    With this uncertainty it's a very dark place for football at the moment because any sane person is going to put their family first and rightly so.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    3,599
    My brothers' a Yam, told him he needs to insist on getting his money back on his old season ticket for the 'lost' games... And to tell all his jambo pals the same!

    Anything to put that lot on the back foot! :-)

    Also told him, that,like me, he needs to hold off to see what's happening with the new season before committing any cash to the cause.

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Just Alf; 15-03-2020 at 10:03 PM.

  26. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When peoples jobs are at risk you canít justify £400 fir a season ticket.

    Iím sorry but I disagree that thousands will just pay for a season ticket when you have no idea when football will resume.

    At this time far more important things to spend money on.

    I love my hibs but family first Iím afraid.
    I think thousands would renew.

  27. #56
    @hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In dreams.
    Posts
    4,286
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think thousands would renew.
    Disagree with that.

    I'll not be renewing anything until the picture is clearer, many more will feel the same way.
    [SIGPIC]

  28. #57
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    8,731
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree with that.

    I'll not be renewing anything until the picture is clearer, many more will feel the same way.
    We need to know what format next season will have.

    For example, it's been suggested that the season wouldn't start until September. If that's the case, then there will need to be more midweek fixtures if the current set up is maintained, which would make a season ticket an expensive luxury for those of us who struggle to make midweek games.

    Another suggestion was to promote two clubs from the Championship and keep Hearts up. The fourteen teams would play home and away for a 26 game schedule, so there would only be 13 home games and not 19 which will reduce the price of the season ticket.

    Or there is a fourteen team league with a split at some point - again that affects the price of the season ticket.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  29. #58
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Between a rock & a hard place
    Posts
    24,714
    Quote Originally Posted by percy veer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think thousands would renew.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Disagree with that.

    I'll not be renewing anything until the picture is clearer, many more will feel the same way.


    I think lots of people will feel the same way as you but wouldn't be surprised if Percy Veer is right, and thousands renew regardless.

    Quite rightly, there are people that have other priorities in the current circumstances, and might not even be able to afford it, but some of those with a higher disposable income might decide to buy Season Tickets to help the club out.

  30. #59
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    8,501
    Blog Entries
    1
    Iíd renew ..support the club ...and bank my ticket for next season whenever it arrives ....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved