hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 46 of 46
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was/is DH not a Rangers fan? Iím sure Iíve been told that. You canít tell from his writing which is testament to what a good professional heís been.
    Yes, Ibrox season ticket holder in the 70s - or so he told me when I once met him in the Jinglin Geordie pub a good number of years ago. However he'd also developed a big affection for the Hibees due to his close connection to the club. I imagine that by now he's a fully fledged fan. Seem to recall that the reporter who covered Hearts at that time was also a Rangers fan.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    29,254
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Ibrox season ticket holder in the 70s - or so he told me when I once met him in the Jinglin Geordie pub a good number of years ago. However he'd also developed a big affection for the Hibees due to his close connection to the club. I imagine that by now he's a fully fledged fan. Seem to recall that the reporter who covered Hearts at that time was also a Rangers fan.
    Pretty sure Barry Anderson is also.

  4. #33
    Testimonial Due sadtom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Embra
    Age
    54
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, Ibrox season ticket holder in the 70s - or so he told me when I once met him in the Jinglin Geordie pub a good number of years ago. However he'd also developed a big affection for the Hibees due to his close connection to the club. I imagine that by now he's a fully fledged fan. Seem to recall that the reporter who covered Hearts at that time was also a Rangers fan.


    Worked in JG's for years many moons ago. Knew David quite well back in the day. Last time i heard from him was when he contacted me when doing a piece on 20th anniversary of HoH.
    Certainly was a sticky bun (used to noise him up about it ) but as you say he's been in with the bricks for so long, his affinity with the club has grown proportionally.

    A proper old skool journo and by all accounts a good standard hockey player in his youth.
    Plenty time for him, sound guy.
    Enjoy the easy life David.

  5. #34
    Really good guy 👍🏻

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    57
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by May21/05/16 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not a patch on john Gibson

    Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
    Think you mean Stewart Brown. John Gibson was an insufferable twat.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you mean Stewart Brown. John Gibson was an insufferable twat.
    👍 JG must've been one of the richest people in Edinburgh as he never seemed to put his hands in his pocket. Despite claiming to be a Hibs man he was quick to take up Mercer's free scran and bevvy offer when Hibs were not at home. I also think he got into ER using his press pass so didn't seem to contribute to 'his' club either.

  8. #37
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    34
    Posts
    7,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Logie Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    👍 JG must've been one of the richest people in Edinburgh as he never seemed to put his hands in his pocket. Despite claiming to be a Hibs man he was quick to take up Mercer's free scran and bevvy offer when Hibs were not at home. I also think he got into ER using his press pass so didn't seem to contribute to 'his' club either.
    I mind him moaning when he never got a Christmas card from Hibs. Hoped it was tongue in cheek.

  9. #38
    Coaching Staff monktonharp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    pleasant valley eh15
    Age
    66
    Posts
    11,286
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think you mean Stewart Brown. John Gibson was an insufferable twat.
    auld Stewart Broon was an absolute Hibby, and his pink news reports were good. that auld fart fae "stockeroo" lived on his reporter's /supporters basis for free meals over the years. Hardie was well known and respected by many Hibs fans and said it how it was, He was never shy, to say we were playin' keek so I will gie him that.

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    9,996
    I remember as a boy you could easily pick out Stewart Brown sitting in the Press Box from the East sitting not far from Eddie Turnbull who watched every game from the Centre Stand in order that he could get a better appreciation of how the game was going

    My eyesight was a lot better then

    As others have said Stewart Brown was a good friend of Tom Hart

  11. #40
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Eddie Turnbull who watched every game from the Centre Stand in order that he could get a better appreciation of how the game was going
    Great memories of Eddie appearing at the tunnel half way through a match. You just knew he was going to tweak something or other and the opposition were in trouble.

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    9,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Great memories of Eddie appearing at the tunnel half way through a match. You just knew he was going to tweak something or other and the opposition were in trouble.


    Telling Arthur and Mickey to swap wings second half versus Sporting worked a treat.

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    9,996
    Anyone know if John Gibson was Grumpy Gibby the West Stand Hibby?

    Or for that matter the real identity of this Superfan ?


  14. #43
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    59
    Posts
    7,870
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone know if John Gibson was Grumpy Gibby the West Stand Hibby?

    Or for that matter the real identity of this Superfan ?

    Grumpy Gibby is penned by Sandy the Hippy Hibby of old school fanzine fame.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  15. #44
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    9,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grumpy Gibby is penned by Sandy the Hippy Hibby of old school fanzine fame.

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    Sandy MACNAIR the very felly

    Loadypish anyweys
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 16-03-2020 at 11:41 AM.

  16. #45
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    9,018
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sandy MACNAIR the very felly

    Loadypish anyweys
    Always a must read.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  17. #46
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    9,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Always a must read.
    Yip!

    Another book I am working my way through during the enforced break

    I was a big fan of the fanzines HIBS Monthly and Mass Hibsteria

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved