hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Scott Martin

First Team Breakthrough Tollhouse Hibee's Avatar

Scott Martin

I am personally delighted to see a product of our youth system out there, playing week in, week out at a decent level. He would have made a real difference in that midfield on Tuesday night.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Agree like seeing ex Hibs kids make a living out of football if they dont make it with us.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Another stick to beat hibs with.

I like seeing players doing well too, but he is not as good as any of our current midfield. I suppose he hasn't had a bad game since he left us....

No idea where I heard this but remember itbis sticking in my head - heard we have a buy back option on Martin. Not for a second saying we should but just what I heard

Martin showed a lot of promise when he first started making 1st team appearances. I'm sure he started the 1st game of the season the year we won promotion. For whatever reason his game time was very limited and he stagnated/stopped developing.

I'm glad to see him doing well elsewhere but it was the right decision for both parties to move on when we did.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I am personally delighted to see a product of our youth system out there, playing week in, week out at a decent level. He would have made a real difference in that midfield on Tuesday night.
    Anyone who can breathe could have made a difference to that midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Pretty sure it was Hibs tv that said we were keeping an eye on him when we played Hamilton.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    We can always buy him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Martin showed a lot of promise when he first started making 1st team appearances. I'm sure he started the 1st game of the season the year we won promotion. For whatever reason his game time was very limited and he stagnated/stopped developing.

I'm glad to see him doing well elsewhere but it was the right decision for both parties to move on when we did.

I dont disagree - he had to move and get football under his belt - we just could do with that ball winning grit and determination alongside the more attacking, some would say work shy types, we currently have in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickShoes View Post
    Another stick to beat hibs with.

I like seeing players doing well too, but he is not as good as any of our current midfield. I suppose he hasn't had a bad game since he left us....

Not beating any sticks - just an observation, and one that i think is valid. Big Marvin Bartley would also have made a difference - we are missing a ball winner in amongst all the undoubtedly talented attack minded players.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollhouse Hibee View Post
    Scott Martin would get nowhere near a starting slot here. Glad he’s getting game time at Hamilton though.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Another one that was too wee?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    It certainly wasn't lack of ability that's for sure.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    A bit like Omeonga, he would battle and graft, but his ball retention and passing could be hit and miss.

He’s played a decent amount of football - didn’t get much of a game for us but had a couple of loan spells and has played a lot of games at a good level for Hamilton.

It’s a lot better than players of a similar age who have sat on the sidelines for us for a few years.

I quite liked him when he played for us.

I remember being annoyed that we got rid of him but not surprised. The lad was a talented laddie in any youth game I seen him play in. He deserved more of a chance than he was given at times and I remember Lennon playing him for a spell during McGinns injury in the 16/17 season and he was brilliant. He then gave an interview saying he played his way into the first team, then we never seen him again in any meaningful way. If Hamilton got relegated I'd happily bring him back and take a punt on him again with the added experience he has.

Is he a player I've looked at and thought we should try and sign? No. Wouldn't be anywhere near our team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post

Should be much improved for Hampden after what was undoubtedly a shocking display on Tuesday that helped Hearts look way better than they actually are. We were terrible and I think we'll see a different Hibs team at the national stadium.

Mon Hibs