hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team v Aberdeen

Team v Aberdeen

The derby is done now, on to Saturday and a chance for the players to redeem themselves, if all fit I would go

......................Marciano..............

...........McGinn...Jackson....Hanlon......

Boyle.....Omeonga....Hallberg........Newell....

........................Docherty.........

.................Gullan...........Doidge...

Allan has been off form and if noticed Ross has been subbing him more or less every game due to this. A game against Aberdeen is likely to be similar to Hearts and it being a battle on a horrible pitch where he gets no time.

Hallberg has been a bit unfortunate imo and seems to have been dropped completely since his half against Hamilton when he was subbed. Deserves a chance back in and think a middle three of him Omeonga and Docherty would have plenty battle and ability.

McNulty has been poor to say the least so only right Gullan gets a chance with the form he’s been in for the Development team and good appearances when given the opportunity in the first team.

Newell must start if fit, gives us a different dimension on that side. Stevenson as poor as iv seen him last night.

I think it’s worth remembering we have been good up until last night so let’s not go completely revamping the team or changing our style.

2. Log in to remove the advert

That looks a good shout. The only change I would make is the keeper.

I'll probably get pelters for this but Rocky just instils no confidence in me at all and it looks like the defence feel likewise. His distribution is erratic (that's being kind), his decision making is questionable and he never really commands his space. He's probably a better shot stopper but as an all round goalkeeper Bogdan is better than him.

I don't think that can be described as a knee jerk to last night as he made no glaring errors that I can recall. I've felt it for a while and now seems as good a time as any to freshen it up.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The derby is done now, on to Saturday and a chance for the players to redeem themselves, if all fit I would go

Allan has been off form and if noticed Ross has been subbing him more or less every game due to this. A game against Aberdeen is likely to be similar to Hearts and it being a battle on a horrible pitch where he gets no time.

Hallberg has been a bit unfortunate imo and seems to have been dropped completely since his half against Hamilton when he was subbed. Deserves a chance back in and think a middle three of him Omeonga and Docherty would have plenty battle and ability.

McNulty has been poor to say the least so only right Gullan gets a chance with the form he’s been in for the Development team and good appearances when given the opportunity in the first team.

Newell must start if fit, gives us a different dimension on that side. Stevenson as poor as iv seen him last night.

I think it’s worth remembering we have been good up until last night so let’s not go completely revamping the team or changing our style.
    Agree with the team selection. But don't agree that we've been good up until last night. Is drawing at home to Livi and St Mirren good?

Granted we played ICT (championship team) and County off the park, had a good result away to Killie. But I think we've been pretty average for a while now.

Hopefully much more to come, starting with an away win at Aberdeen!

McNulty will almost certainly be banned for Saturday anyway, once the compliance officer wakes up this morning.

Gullan will definitely start.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Think Docherty went off with an injury assume McNulty will face a ban. Would go to a back 4 and play 4411.

Bogdan
    McGinn Jackson Hanlon Lewis
    Boyle Whitty Hallberg Murray
    Horgan
    Doidge

Omeonga isn't a starter for me.

Hallberg or Slivka in his place and hopefully Newell back

First Team Breakthrough chasitup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

I'll probably get pelters for this but Rocky just instils no confidence in me at all and it looks like the defence feel likewise. His distribution is erratic (that's being kind), his decision making is questionable and he never really commands his space. He's probably a better shot stopper but as an all round goalkeeper Bogdan is better than him.

I don't think that can be described as a knee jerk to last night as he made no glaring errors that I can recall. I've felt it for a while and now seems as good a time as any to freshen it up.
    I'd agree with that. You're looking for a bit of composure to help the defence. Marciano doesn't offer that in my opinion.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    1-10-0 should be our formation Aberdeen will absolutely destroy our team of duds so defend defend defend

Whitts as the DM. Gullan for Sparky. Newall for Lewis.

Bogdan

Mcginn
    Mcregor(captain)
    Jackson
    Hanlon(because we've nothing else)

Whittaker
    Docherty. Diamond
    Slivka
    Horgan

Doidge
    Boyle

@hibs.net private member

No pelters from me. He has been poor apart from the odd save which he always makes look better than they are(ICT save was a cracker though). His distribution is still terrible and Bogdan deserves a chance. Always hard playing in defense with a Keeper who is poor on the ball and doesn't command his six yard box.

Id change him. He looks like he's just going through the motions atm, so lackadaisical it's unreal. That's when receiving passbacks, taking goal kicks or free kicks. He needs a rocket as do a lot of them.

Bogdan
    McGinn
    McGregor
    Jackson
    Youngster

Boyle
    Hallberg
    Whittaker
    Murray

Gullan
    Doidge

If Newell isn’t fit then play Whittaker at LB or LWB. Stevenson should be last resort for the foreseeable

Need to see if Newell and Docherty are fit and if Mcnulty is suspended.

I suspect none of the above three will make it.

Marciano

Mcginn
    Mcgregor
    Jackson

Boyle (RWB)
    Stevenson (LWB)

Whittaker
    Hallberg
    F.Murray

Gullan
    Doidge

Allan, Hanlon and Stevenson all need dropped, but given we don't have any else (tom James?) who can play left back, I don't see how it's possible to do so.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Last night was a pain but it's important to bounce back and a result up in Aberdeen puts right in the mix for Europe, goes a long way to solidifying our top 6 spot, and regains the confidence as early as possible before the semi final.

We certainly have options to mix it, any of Bogdan, Newall, Whittaker, Hallberg, Horgan, and Gullan wouldn't surprise me overly.

Is McGregor fit? I can understand the desire to drop Hanlon after last night but I'm not sure it's a viable option.
    Mon the Hibs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: SAKSxCORE PSN ID: SlickShoes
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Last night was a pain but it's important to bounce back and a result up in Aberdeen puts right in the mix for Europe, goes a long way to solidifying our top 6 spot, and regains the confidence as early as possible before the semi final.

We certainly have options to mix it, any of Bogdan, Newall, Whittaker, Hallberg, Horgan, and Gullan wouldn't surprise me overly.

Is McGregor fit? I can understand the desire to drop Hanlon after last night but I'm not sure it's a viable option.
    Everyone you suggest does offer something, apart from Horgan, he has been murder for a very long time. I don't think he knows what he is doing.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Think Docherty went off with an injury assume McNulty will face a ban. Would go to a back 4 and play 4411.

Bogdan
    McGinn Jackson Hanlon Lewis
    Boyle Whitty Hallberg Murray
    Horgan
    Doidge
    I’d have Omeonga in for Hallberg, but that could a goer. Bring Gullan on for Horgan after 60 mins cos his wee short legs will be knackered.

They will have seen how badly our wide areas were exposed last night and will look to do the same.

Bogdan
    McGinn Jackson Hanlon Stevenson
    Whittaker
    Boyle Hallberg Murray Newell
    Doidge

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar

Agreed, gives me the fear when the ball gets passed back to him, horrendous with his feet, distribution is poor at the best of times.

A good shot stopper but that's it

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    Bogdan
    McGinn
    McGregor
    Jackson
    Youngster

Boyle
    Hallberg
    Whittaker
    Murray

Gullan
    Doidge
    I’d start with this also, it’s incredible so many slate last nights team then still pick those same players.

That looks a very strong line-up!
    Agreed on gullan lad deserves a run in the team.
    Wee steph needs match sharpness and must get a run from the start.
    Allan needs to find some form so h dropping put is also a good shout.

This for me. Not sure about Gullan but couldn’t be any worse than McNulty. Either Hallberg or Whittaker. Total lack of experience last night in the middle of the park.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Marciano

McGinn McGregor Jackson Newell

Hallberg Whittaker Docherty

Boyle Doidge Gullan

Left by mutual consent!

Dont see you getting many pelters. Rocky gives me the fear to be honest. Every cross or corner might rely on a wonder save as he's stuck on his line. Bogdan for me is a much better keeper but its all about game time isn't it? Is he ready to step in to such an important game?

Same for me👍

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    1-10-0 should be our formation Aberdeen will absolutely destroy our team of duds so defend defend defend
    Interesting formation but you’ve got 1 player too many listed. Probably better with 10 in defence rather than midfield if defending is your objective as well?

Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    Id change him. He looks like he's just going through the motions atm, so lackadaisical it's unreal. That's when receiving passbacks, taking goal kicks or free kicks. He needs a rocket as do a lot of them.
    I'm with this - for a big imposing guy he is no Andy Goram when it comes to clearing out his 6-yard box. Too fearful of taking a hit for my liking.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Part of what left us struggling against hearts was playing with lopsided wing backs, so I'm surprised there's so many sticking with that shape.