hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    There's too much at stake for football clubs, competitions, sponsors and TV companies for everything to be cancelled.

Worst case scenario would be playing games behind closed doors with 2-3 matches being televised each week. That gives the people in self isolation something to watch.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's too much at stake for football clubs, competitions, sponsors and TV companies for everything to be cancelled.

Worst case scenario would be playing games behind closed doors with 2-3 matches being televised each week. That gives the people in self isolation something to watch.
    2 weeks of self isolation with round the clock live football?
    Mon the Hibs.

[QUOTE=Andy74;6103862]I think currently it is significantly less serious than the flu?
    In the US, flu is way more serious at the moment!
    [/https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/03/the-flu-has-already-killed-10000-across-us-as-world-frets-over-coronavirus.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post

i agree worst case scenario

@hibs.net private member
    I would volunteer to contract Coronavirus if it meant the Yams season not being saved by it.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    I’m that worried I’ve stopped drinking Corona Lager. You can’t be too careful.

Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    An early shutdown would be a big financial hit to the clubs?
    Would the SPL/SPFL/SFA (or whatever they are called nowadays - ive lost track) cover some of the costs?
    No they couldn’t because they already distribute their money to the clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I would volunteer to contract Coronavirus if it meant the Yams season not being saved by it.
    Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    Sorry, I misunderstood the tone of your post. It had a wee bit of "I told you so" about it.

If you weren't bragging, fair enough.
    Not at all buddy. Would be the last thing to brag about 👍

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Are you claiming to be ITK? :)
    😁 I know it’s serious and a antidote isn’t going to be found short term. There’s also a fear it’s going to get worse the more people contract it.

There’s a sort of opinion that it’s being over dramatised when the opposite is the truth.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    BREAKING: Until further notice, all matches in the Swiss Super League and Swiss Challenge League are postponed due to the #Coronavirus outbreak.

The earliest possible return for the league will be on April 3rd unless the current government restrictions are extended.
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 02-03-2020 at 07:37 PM.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    BREAKING: Until further notice, all matches in the Swiss Super League and Swiss Challenge League are postponed due to the #Coronavirus outbreak.

The earliest possible return for the league will be on April 3rd unless the current government restrictions are extended.
    Is it still safe to eat a toblerone

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    Depends what angle you bite into it.

Left by mutual consent!
    I would watch what you’re doing.

It’s all good I cut a hole in my mask but the thing is I f—-/g hate them anyway

Coaching Staff
    It’s all good I cut a hole in my mask but the thing is I f—-/g hate them anyway
    I’ve been less keen on them since January.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I’m that worried I’ve stopped drinking Corona Lager. You can’t be too careful.
    I read a report the other day that sales of Corona were down and that they were losing a six figure sum since the virus hit the news - absolutely bonkers

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Steve View Post
    I read a report the other day that sales of Corona were down and that they were losing a six figure sum since the virus hit the news - absolutely bonkers
    Much worse than that - Corona have lost £132 million in sales since the news broke...

Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    Much worse than that - Corona have lost £132 million in sales since the news broke...
    It’s the parent company that have lost the sales.....primarily down to the cancellation of the Chinese New Year celebrations and the lockdowns in China. It’s across all of their brands, Corona is only one of them.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    It’s the parent company that have lost the sales.....primarily down to the cancellation of the Chinese New Year celebrations and the lockdowns in China. It’s across all of their brands, Corona is only one of them.
    Some reports saying Corona sales generally are 5% up.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by CentreLine View Post
    Chief medical officer said on the lunch time news that they expect “80% of the population” to catch the virus at some point. Based on the manner of spread in China as a worst case scenario

2% mortality would be 100000 at that rate
    Well that is absolute nonsense. There must be a some element of mis-quoting in there somewhere. 100,000 people will not die in Scotland.

Edit: I’ve just heard her. She did say 80% of the population will be infected. She’s obviously the expert but I think she is talking nonsense. Last I heard 80% of the Chinese population have not been infected. That would be about 900 million people 😳
    Last edited by Hibby Bairn; 02-03-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Sturgeon just said she expects 80% of the country will be infected.
    That's not what she said at all but continue spreading panic if that's what u enjoy..
    That's what they are preparing for which is severe worst case scenario

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby Bairn View Post
    Well that is absolute nonsense. There must be a some element of mis-quoting in there somewhere. 100,000 people will not die in Scotland.

Edit: I’ve just heard her. She did say 80% of the population will be infected. She’s obviously the expert but I think she is talking nonsense. Last I heard 80% of the Chinese population have not been infected. That would be about 900 million people 😳
    100,000 deaths is only 40,000 less Scots than died in WWI. Around 6,000,000 in total died fighting WWI but around 80,000,000 died from avian flu ( they called it Spanish flu) in 1918. More than 10 times as many as died in the Great War. That is why scientists are afraid of flu and that is why nobody should be complacent about Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    My mistake, 5
    Ruins the Frankie Valli puns then

I hope my above post hasn't offended, I work in one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK and we make careless jokes all day long and are exposed to all kinds of face to face contact, poo blood and pee (it's a lab), even before this we joke about it all, at the moment we are all joking more than usual. My GP practice has stopped all non urgent appointments and I have to pick up my script after calling them from the door. The wonderful staff in admin jobs deserve so much praise and are undervalued and will keep things going.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wpj View Post
    I hope my above post hasn't offended, I work in one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK and we make careless jokes all day long and are exposed to all kinds of face to face contact, poo blood and pee (it's a lab), even before this we joke about it all, at the moment we are all joking more than usual. My GP practice has stopped all non urgent appointments and I have to pick up my script after calling them from the door. The wonderful staff in admin jobs deserve so much praise and are undervalued and will keep things going.
    I don’t think anyone would be seriously offended and if they do then it’s more about them than you mate. Let’s all concentrate on tomorrow and the team treating it like it’s the last derby ever and doing over twirly scarf rover driving Lithuanian bankas. We are due them a complete pumping.

I'm worried about the euros.. I'm going I hope!

Left by mutual consent!
    100,000 deaths is only 40,000 less Scots than died in WWI. Around 6,000,000 in total died fighting WWI but around 80,000,000 died from avian flu ( they called it Spanish flu) in 1918. More than 10 times as many as died in the Great War. That is why scientists are afraid of flu and that is why nobody should be complacent about Coronavirus
    That is not the number of people who are predicted to die. Fact.

Or maybe it is, what is your source?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    That is not the number of people who are predicted to die. Fact.

Or maybe it is, what is your source?
    Yes you are correct. I suppose you have to read the whole thread to get to those numbers. Taking the various 2% figures quoted on here against the “worst case scenario” given by our Chief Medical Officer and a population of 5.4 million is actually 108,000

I completely agree it is most unlikely that number will die but complacency about the spread of a virus can only help that virus spread. Who wants to be close to one of, let’s say, 25,000 fatalities because they were complacent.

In South Korea, a leader of a religious sect is being investigated for murder because he wanted to hide the names of people in his sect who may have had the virus. Didn’t seem to think it was important. Currently they have nearly 4000 known cases and 21 known deaths. That’s a 0.5% death rate so for some people that’s okay. Personally I think it’s desperately sad fir 21 families.

Now I am not for cancelling events or closing businesses but the reality is that we should all be thinking about personal hygiene and be aware of any decline in health. It’s not too much to achieve
    Last edited by CentreLine; 03-03-2020 at 09:13 AM.

Yes you are correct. I suppose you have to read the whole thread to get to those numbers. Taking the various 2% figures quoted on here against the “worst case scenario” given by our Chief Medical Officer and a population of 5.4 million is actually 1,008,000

I
    That's 20% not 2%.