hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We're all going to Hampden, nah nah nah nah .. or are we?

Not to put too fine a point on it our turn out for our last trip to Hampden was nothing short of pathetic, without even having the excuse of a pish kick off time or day or even bad weather to fall back on .... It was woeful.

Whoever the opposition ends up being, even if it is the seemingly domestically invincible Celtic, surely to goodness this time we can manage more .... a lot more .... than the paltry 5,000 or so we scraped together for our last trip ... walking into the stadium that evening and seeing the incredibly poor turnout was nothing short of demoralising for me as a fan, F knows what affect it had on our players.

There has to be a massive effort by the club to push this game as much as they can and by us as a support to back our bloomin' team .... Its one game away from the Scottish cup final FFS.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not to put too fine a point on it our turn out for our last trip to Hampden was nothing short of pathetic, without even having the excuse of a pish kick off time or day or even bad weather to fall back on .... It was woeful.

Whoever the opposition ends up being, even if it is the seemingly domestically invincible Celtic, surely to goodness this time we can manage more .... a lot more .... than the paltry 5,000 or so we scraped together for our last trip ... walking into the stadium that evening and seeing the incredibly poor turnout was nothing short of demoralising for me as a fan, F knows what affect it had on our players.

There has to be a massive effort by the club to push this game as much as they can and by us as a support to back our bloomin' team .... Its one game away from the Scottish cup final FFS.
    We always take a decent support to a Scottish semi final, it’s just League cup semis that our numbers are lower

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    We always take a decent support to a Scottish semi final, it’s just League cup semis that our numbers are lower
    It was also a wretched team under a ***** manager that everyone knew was going to get roundly pumped.

I really don’t want to cause an argument here but I fear that the fans’ apathy with November’s semi final might cost us a chance at getting half (or even close to half)) of the tickets for our semi final if it’s against one of the gruesome twosome.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Difference is possible europe place plus as jambos say it is only a Diddy cup. 😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOD View Post
    Difference is possible europe place plus as jambos say it is only a Diddy cup. 😉
    Plus the weather's better

If we were to get Celtic I’d guess we’d manage around 13-15k. A game against St Mirren or Aberdeen would see us take 17/18k

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Scottish Cup and a more positive support will ensure a big Hibs crowd regardless of opposition. The atmosphere surrounding the club as a whole is vastly different now to what it was for last Hampden outing.

@hibs.net private member stantonhibby's Avatar

I'm confident we'll take a good support through. Folk have all sorts of reasons for missing games, as i'm sure you do for not attending last night - a home game in the SC QF

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I really don’t want to cause an argument here but I fear that the fans’ apathy with November’s semi final might cost us a chance at getting half (or even close to half)) of the tickets for our semi final if it’s against one of the gruesome twosome.
    Agree. Did they not hold some blocks back to see how our sales went before giving them to Celtic? If they do something like that again then we can't really complain.

IIRC we negotiated about half the tickets in the 2017 League Cup semi and the order the blocks were put on sale meant unsold seats couldn't then be given to Celtic because of segregation issues? If I am remembering correctly then that'll harm our chances with ticket numbers too.
    Last edited by 007; 29-02-2020 at 01:08 PM.

The semis are the Easter weekend, so inevitably people will be away. I'm down in Blackpool with my laddie's fitba team for a tournament, and within that squad there are about 7 regular attendees at ER who would've went to Hampden otherwise. It's a big tournament so will be others in the same position.

The only chance of Hibs exceeding 20K for a semi final would be if it was against Hearts. I was thinking 15K plus as being a good turnout, so the half and half argument isn't really an issue. The final is a whole different matter, its played at a neutral venue for a reason and there is absolutely no case to be made for denying any club a 50 / 50 share unless its absolutely clear they couldn't sell 23,000 tickets, which certainly isn't a problem for us. What numbers we have taken to any game just shouldn't be a factor.

Hope so too but we did have a bit more than 5,000 at the LC semi!

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Me and my boy won't be there, my son is playing in a tournament in Amsterdam that weekend. So 2 ST holders and regulars won't be there sadly. Will definitely be there for the final though!

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    If we were to get Celtic I’d guess we’d manage around 13-15k. A game against St Mirren or Aberdeen would see us take 17/18k
    True ... which doesn’t really make sense as surely people should support their team regardless of opposition

Easy to say now. I refused to go to Hampden at league cup semi final as I had lost total faith in the management team. I expected to get gunned.

Not this time. What a difference a decent manager makes

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    As long as the 9000 that were there last night get a ticket I'm not fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Exactly...

I don't think we'll need half but you may be right about the SFA's mind's being made up because of the last semi final.

It would be nice to think we could get 15k plus attending for this one.

Was part of both small league cup semi supports against Celtic. I'll be at this one too. The team (ones that were there) are due us serious pay back for the last semi

Oldfrim and we will get somewhere around 12.5k tickets. Anyone else and it'll be a case of as many as we want.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Floodlight glory hunters. Can't do a shift in the pub like the real fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Easy to say now. I refused to go to Hampden at league cup semi final as I had lost total faith in the management team. I expected to get gunned.

Not this time. What a difference a decent manager makes
    I expected that we would get humped too ... so what? If I didn't go to support Hibs in every game I thought we would get humped in I would have saved myself a pile of cash over the years.

Simple solution

To get a better support at the semi..... offer a guaranteed final ticket to all that go the semi.

It’s not as if we don’t know how many tickets we would be entitled to.

Come on Ron it’s a chance to improve the match experience..... win win.

Anyone help me with a ticket for the final when we get there?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The scheduling of the semis on the Easter weekend is poor. There’ll be plenty fans if all teams away on holiday. One if my brothers won’t make it. There should be no games on Easter Sunday of any sort in my opinion.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Stanton View Post
    It was also a wretched team under a ***** manager that everyone knew was going to get roundly pumped.
    Indeed this is night and day almost. Totally different vibe around everything at club only 3/4 months on.

To counter fans going away for Easter there are plenty fans that are back for Easter, I’m delighted to get the Celtic at home game and the semi at Hampden...3 tickets needed 👍