hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robbo

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a honest guy. Jane Lewis was desperately trying to get him to say something controversial. Always thought robbo was ok.
    He wasn’t honest when he said that old hearts player shouldn’t have been sent off.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns;6101146[B
    ]The treatment dished out to Boyle was little different to that which he receives every week in the premier league. [/B]I'm not certain that managers send out their players to injure him - I just think opponents realise it can be the only way to stop Martin when he's on fire! It's up to referees to offer the wee man protection and, to be fair, Walsh was pulling out the yellow card last night.

Have to disagree with that statement, the degree of last night's nastiness compared to the persistent weekly fouling was fairly obvious to me. The amount of bad tackles on Boyle that have gone unpunished since his return from serious injury have me amazed that he is still a functioning footballer.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    He's a honest guy. Jane Lewis was desperately trying to get him to say something controversial. Always thought robbo was ok.
    She also asked Boyle if he should have had a penalty or did he deserve to be booked. I don't blame her for the questions though, it'll be a producer or someone else behind the scenes coming up with them.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    As others have said, Robertson has always been an amiable guy, and respectful of Hibs. Given that, and how I’ve seen his teams play before, I was surprised at both how genuinely nasty his side were at times last night, as well as his touch line antics at certain points.

However, despite how much he’s hurt us over the years, he’s probably not even in the top 50 Hearts players that I’ve disliked over the years. There are guys that have been there for hardly any time at all compared to Robertson’s Tynie career that I have despised intensely. Proper odious characters.

He’s a decent guy.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    The questioning from the interviewer was pretty poor, purely wanted to focus on the penalty claim for ICT and nothing else. To be fair to Robbo he did at least say that Hibs would have been equally aggrieved that we didnt get the Boyle penalty claim.

As ex hertz managers go, probably have more time for him than all the others.

His comments on the penalty incident were sour grapes though.

Claimed it was clear cut (it wasn’t) and then said Lewis should have had a red card. McHattie’s shirt pulling much more blatant (so easier for ref to give pen) yet he wasn’t sent off, was he?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    His comments on the penalty incident were sour grapes though.

Claimed it was clear cut (it wasn’t) and then said Lewis should have had a red card. McHattie’s shirt pulling much more blatant (so easier for ref to give pen) yet he wasn’t sent off, was he?
    McTattie wasn't even booked at the penalty yet a shirt tug anywhere else on the pitch sees him carded. He did get carded later which shoukd have been his 2nd yellow and sent off.

Blog Entries
    There were also 3 ICT players in the box at our pen. Thats the lino's only job, how did he miss it?
    Last edited by brog; 29-02-2020 at 02:53 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbiedon View Post
    Loved the way he shook the hand of every Hibs player at the end of the game, like many others I recall the Hands Off Hibs era and he will have my undying gratitude, I still called him a yam fud during the game though
    Agreed. You wouldn’t get any of those other Hearts “Legends” doing that after getting a pumping. Imagine Levein doing that? No neither can I.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    There were also 3 ICT players in the box at our pen. Thats the lino's only job, how did he miss it?

And the keeper stepped off his line before Hanlon struck the ball.