hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Omeonga

Genoa still in a relegation spot and Steph has a relegation clause. 🤤

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    Did anyone hear his and Gullans post match interview?

“ Since coming here I’ve not lost a derby and I’m not going to start”

He is like a mini Marvin Bartley came in with no connection to the club, mucks in and gives us that heart and steel and had totally taking to the club and fans.

I’m no professional and GM does a great job, but this should be a vital part of the recruitment. Obviously the players needs to have talent as well but he should almost have feel like he’s in a interview before signing, they should feel as if they have to sell them selfs to sign. It’s just a pleasure to see us for once speaking and walking with a swagger in this city and long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t think he will play Tuesday. Whitty was taken off when he was for a reason IMO.
    Aye I thought that too...Whittaker will start Tues

The last league game we allowed Livingston too much time on the ball because we had too many players standing off them especially in midfield. The game was crying out for Omeonga to add some energy and drive,but he was inexplicably left on the bench, this cost us a victory in my opinion.
    When Omeonga plays, he normally initiates the press and others follow, seems to lift the whole team.
    Against Hearts it will be high tempo which suits his game, unlike players like Whittaker and Slivka who need more time.
    So for me Omeonga has start on Tuesday.

I think Omeonga is the kind of dynamic presence we need in derby games. I hope he starts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think Omeonga is the kind of dynamic presence we need in derby games. I hope he starts.
    Agreed. Jack Ross has done really well since he's come in but I've been surprised that Omeonga and Hallberg are finding themselves out of the team.

Whittaker has huge amounts of experience but for me you need players with energy and drive in these kind of games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hes a brilliant player and should be playing every week.

Omeonga's goal was a thing of beauty. I Jack wants to use him off the bench I trust him.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Seems to be a lot of good camaraderie on social media between the squad which is always good to see. Stephane gets Hibs and it just feels like this club is a perfect fit for him.