hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omeonga

Omeonga

Surely has to start on tuesday

He brought a load of energy and was getting on the ball and runni g at them and that goal was the pick of the bunch for me right in the top corner

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    If you watch the highlights back on BBC the goalie says "wow" when it hits the net.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

He was good but TBF the game was done and ICT were dead on their feet with their last game catching up with them.

No objection if he starts though.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Some finish like!

Great finish. Came on at the right time.

Will very likely start ahead of Whittaker, who is used sparingly (wisely). Certainly hope so anyway, he's a baller and that goal was befitting his quality. Love the guy.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    That goal was a thing of beauty.

Don’t think he will play Tuesday. Whitty was taken off when he was for a reason IMO.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don’t think he will play Tuesday. Whitty was taken off when he was for a reason IMO.
    I thought the exact same. He’s a guaranteed starter on Tuesday imo.

First Team Breakthrough
    Great goal and work rate as always from Omeonga. Whitaker absolutely strolled through the game with his experience. Choices eh... good problem to have at the moment. Midfield options are exciting just now.Ross managing the changes well too.

@hibs.net private member
    To me it looked like Whitty had run out of steam, he was just walking back from an attack, maybe a wee injury? However, I don`t think he has it in his legs anymore for another game so quickly

Surely you could also say that Whittaker played today to give Omeonga (or probably Slicks in all honesty) a rest ahead of Tuesday.

Would like to see Omeonga start

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Mental he didn't start tonight. The guy is class and so far ahead of our recent starters (Slivka and Whitts (who I appreciate) it's unreal.

Only chance we have of signing him permanently for next season is if he plays.

Heel snapper. Forces the opposition to turn back and prevents them getting forward. Whits has been doing ok, apart from one sloppy moment this eve which could have led to a goal, but I'd rather see SO start, then maybe Whitts on for the last 20 when we are 3 up and just want to control the game.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Love the wee man and he loves us too. That goal will have meant the world to him and what a way to score your first for zee Hibees 💚

Love wee steph!!💚💜💚💜💚

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Whittaker was blowing out his arse when he got taken off.

Love the guy 👍

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I thought it was a great timed sub. We know he brings pace and movement and a fair bit of skill and touch. Exactly what was needed to pile the pressure on ICT.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Surely you could also say that Whittaker played today to give Omeonga (or probably Slicks in all honesty) a rest ahead of Tuesday.

Would like to see Omeonga start
    Whittaker has been brought in for the big games since the break. Utd home and away. Ibrox. Quarter final. Ross obviously likes his experience, think he’ll play on Tuesday.

Omeonga hasn’t been playing so doesn’t need a rest. Slivka hasn’t played much either.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Whittaker was blowing out his arse when he got taken off.
    Didn’t see that to be honest. Didn’t think he was great tonight but nothing to do with being knackered.

I’d start Omeonga on Tuesday but Whittaker would be ideal for putting his foot on the ball in midfield if we’re defending a narrow lead late in the game on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Smartie; 28-02-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I’d start Omeonga on Tuesday but Whittaker would be ideal for putting his foot on the ball in midfield if we’re defending a narrow lead late in the game on Tuesday.
    I'm the opposite but a big Omeonga fan so fully appreciate your point, I think Steph comes on and can affect a game straight away so my position would be to start with SW, who is a great attacking presence as well as protecting the defence, and then you can bring on Steph to either increase the energy as an attacking force or his closing down and hassling to see the game out.
    Tbh I think the choice could be as simple as picking SW due to his height defending set pieces, he's good in the air and defensively switched on so I wouldn't be surprised that we start with him for that reason although I don't necessarily agree with it it's definitely in many managers thought process

That smile lights up ER, what a wonderful player. I hope he has that big grin on Tuesday and beyond

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Surely has to start on tuesday

He brought a load of energy and was getting on the ball and runni g at them and that goal was the pick of the bunch for me right in the top corner
    Totally agree - we need his bite and determination, along with his undeniable class & style !

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I just think Omeonga`s style is quite suited to a derby environment. Whittaker brings a lot of experience which won`t go amiss, but the thinking will probably come down to how we see Hearts taking the game to us. I suspect Whittaker will be getting the nod for Tuesday night.

His first ever professional goal. I am buzzing that he’s scored for us, delighted for the boy. Cult hero.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    His first ever professional goal. I am buzzing that he’s scored for us, delighted for the boy. Cult hero.
    It was the most satisfying goal of the night.

Brilliant finish.

Thought he was a lot better in possession tonight than previous games too and was running at the opposition really well.

That ****ing goal, man. Textbook example showing my son how to place the ball