hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hanlon

Not a direct reply to anyones opinion on this but as I was watching the game one of my thoughts was that Paul Hanlon was having a stormer and how much playing left of the back 3 suited him.

What particularly caught the eye was him driving out of defence Efe style and keeping going past the midfield on the overlap. Must have had a wee chuckle about 4 or 5 times when he kept popping up at the bye line and in the box. When we are in full flow he is a very effective option coming down the left side.

His reading of the game defensively has also been first class recently.

He has had his critics over recent years but I've never been one of them. We are lucky to have him and long may it continue.

A missed penalty and unlucky deflection are no part of indication of performance level.

Very good captain's performance

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I thought he had a good game also. Defensively and going forward, probably would have scored if Jackson hadn't too.

His penalty wasn't great, although it was on target - a saving grace for McNulty and Allan efforts recently also.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You'd love someone like Hanlon in your team right now.
    Hanlon played well last night so I totally disagree with the original poster, but overall the defence still looks unbalanced and teams seem to have no problem getting into our box, wish in general our defence was more aggressive particularly when defending set pieces, look how static and passive our defenders were at the second goal last night. We are Hibs and we love to attack so it’s great that we look good from midfield to front but it would be great if we could stiffen up at the back and make life more difficult for the opposition back there.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Hanlon played well last night so I totally disagree with the original poster, but overall the defence still looks unbalanced and teams seem to have no problem getting into our box, wish in general our defence was more aggressive particularly when defending set pieces, look how static and passive our defenders were at the second goal last night. We are Hibs and we love to attack so it’s great that we look good from midfield to front but it would be great if we could stiffen up at the back and make life more difficult for the opposition back there.
    Our right wing back plays as a right winger, our midfield 3 all like to get forward, it’s not overly surprising that we are wide open at the back, and I for one don’t really care. Our 3 centre halves also like to wander forward. Give me 5-2’s, 4-2’s, 3-1’s 2-2’s over 0-0, 1-0 wins and defeats just because we can’t to be hard to beat. On the whole we defend very well, we don’t stop crosses as we are gung ho, but for the amount of crosses and counter attacks we face, our defence stands up fairly well to them.

Quote Originally Posted by delbert View Post
    Agree there is work to be done. Remember though that the midfield have a responsibility to prevent opposition getting into the box too. Last night we were in attack mode though. Great to watch.

OP is totally at it though.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    Another shocker from our captain.......
    Get a grip of yourself man..

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby soldier View Post
    Hahahahahaha - did not realise Hibs were followed by so many idiots....

HANLON is crap.........
    Not a world beater and has never been made out to be one. Steady pro who has served Hibs well. Contrast that with Berra, Halkett and Soutar in your team who have all at various times been made out to be the Scottish version of Baresi. How well is your defence doing right now, bottom of the league for the bottom feeders!!