hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Retro

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mentalhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What date did your son order mate? I’m still waiting on an order from the 3/3/2020. Not looking good as my tracking number doesn’t work.
    Sometime in February I believe. Slight correction too - it was the 87/88 home shirt he ordered.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Sometime in February I believe. Slight correction too - it was the 87/88 home shirt he ordered.
    Thanks for the info, I’ll wait and see if the away one turns up.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m order 1292... I believe it will arrive, but I think the company are getting complacent as they have the cash they simply don’t care if we get the orders or not, at least this is how I feel about it all!

They are very unprofessional about the whole situation... one customer complained on Twitter and they replied with screenshots of his tracking that had his mobile phone number on it!!

On the new platform, Parler, they’ve posted photos of their colleague’s ultrasound and given detailed accounts of what illness she is going through!!

It’s pretty disgusting to be honest!

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Never had any issues with them.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Got an email from them last week saying the guys partner is seriously ill in hospital but they're still honouring purchases. Pretty damn decent imo.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I've somehow ended up with two 1986 shirts. One with Insave, one without. Was gonna punt one but I like them so much I'm gonna keep the two of them

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Got an email from them last week saying the guys partner is seriously ill in hospital but they're still honouring purchases. Pretty damn decent imo.

How is it decent? The majority of orders are already somewhere in the world, with customers waiting with little to no actually detail or communication.... just the word of a company without the best reputation in the last couple years. It’s easy to empathise with frustrated customer (especially as i am one).

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    I'm waiting on a few shirts but did receive my oldest order just over a week ago. Order was made 24th Feb.

On that basis I'm still keeping the faith with them. I paid by PayPal so have the comfort of being able to submit a claim if need be.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tanfield View Post
    I'm waiting on a few shirts but did receive my oldest order just over a week ago. Order was made 24th Feb.

On that basis I'm still keeping the faith with them. I paid by PayPal so have the comfort of being able to submit a claim if need be.
    I placed my order 28th Feb... still not received anything....

My wife ordered one in feb for my march birthday and it hasn't arrived 80-81 yellow away.

I ordered the green insave one in march and it hasn't arrived.

Im willing to give them more time, as ive ordered from them before with no problems.

The only thing id say to stick up for them is:

1. It normally takes 6-8 weeks to get through customs etc going by plane. They have had to send by boat the tops from feb/march which takes longer.

2. Thailand went into full lockdown for months, and unlike here, so did their postal system apparently, so the sent tops would have been sitting for months, then had to go through the usual 6-8 week deliver on top (whenever it re-opened).

Il give it a few more weeks then be on to paypal myself.

They got kicked off twitter, numerous times, due to copywrite claims.

It's a pity as their stuff was excellent, this will kill them after Aztec.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Order placed Feb and arrived two weeks ago. 89 Adidas home top. Had written it off tbh. Decent quality, slightly on the small side.

from their Parlor Account

retro2.jpg retro1.jpg

This was the last email they sent, 14/7/20, it's quite long......

Tao, my business partner in Thailand, is in hospital with pain and constant bleeding from a tumour in the cervix. This is was first discovered two years ago. She has been unwell with this, rheumatoid arthritis and other health issues recently and we are extremely concerned about her well-being. She really is not ok and is awaiting further diagnosis.

She is on tablets to help stop the bleeding and once this has stopped will be having a hysterectomy. She is expected to remain in hospital for 7-10 days.On top of everything else this is an incredibly difficult time, and due to these heath issues, and the current volume of emails, we have set up an auto reply.

We aplogise for the inconvenience and hope business and email will be back to normal in around 3 weeks

All orders will arrive as promised: for the latest update see below:

For orders placed during lockdown and shipped before 01 June, tracking will show "no data found" until items arrive in country of destination. It does not mean the tracking number is invalid.

We have given an estimated delivery date of around 3 months from shipping date, ie when we sent you the tracking number for your order, not date ordered. Orders are arriving as you will have seen on our twitter timeline before it was closed down. Again 3 months was an estimate given to us, orders that have arrived seem to be taking slightly longer, so we'd suggest 3-4 months as our estimate.

We understand the frustration. However, we cannot change this situation, there was a worldwide lockdown, we shipped from Thailand, orders are posted and we want them to arrive as much as you do.It's a matter of waiting.

We are struggling to keep business going and situations like this we need our customer support. It just a matter of time until it arrives. We'll only ask you to wait this once, please kindly continue co operate with us.

For orders placed after lockdown and shipped 2nd June onward tracking will take some time to be updated onto the system.There has been a surge of packages with Thai Post since lockdown ended and they are very slow. Please keep trying the link and it will show information once it has passed customs checks.
    Thai Post's tracking system is sadly lacking compared to other online tracking systems but it will update.
    We ship from Thailand. Delivery is around 2-3 weeks after tracking shows updates.

There was a worldwide pandemic which resulted in lockdown. Planes were not operating. Either we had to stop doing business, or continue business and post with the only option we had, posting via land/ship.

This was an unprecedented set of circumstances and we did not know how long lockdown would last. we decided to continue doing business and let customers know we would send via land/ship, and that it was unknown territory in terms of delivery timescales, but we would keep you updated.

Please do now request refunds for orders as you will receive. If you do this we'll lose the stock, the money, and you will receive a free shirt. We understand this is extremely frustrating but time will tell that we were honest throughout this and it is our carrier who has let us down with delays and misinformation which we have simply relayed to you.

REFUNDS
    It's unfortunate that some people have chosen to claim refunds before orders have arrived. Not only that, a small minority have taken to forums and social media to encourage others to claim refunds, and criticise our business. All these customers will receive their orders, we would hope that the customers being critical will apologise or pay.

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE CLAIMED REFUNDS, WE ARE MONITORING TRACKING FOR DELIVERY OR ORDERS.

ONCE ORDERS HAVE BEEN RECEIVED WE EXPECT PAYMENT IN FULL AND WILL BE CONTACTING CUSTOMERS REQUESTING PAYMENT WITHIN 1 WEEK.

SHOULD PAYMENT NOT BE RECEIVED WE WILL BE PUBLISHING A LIST OF NAMES, LOCATIONS, AND MONEY OWED, ON OUR WEBSITE OF CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE CLAIMED REFUNDS, SUBSEQUENTLY RECEIVED, AND NOT PAID.

WE ARE PERFECTLY WITHIN OUR RIGHTS TO DO THIS AND ARE NOT BREACHING ANY DATA PROTECTION ACT.

We are now at parler.com
    Please follow us @Diamondretro

All Stock here: Diamond Retro

Thank You for supporting us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post
    This was the last email they sent, 14/7/20, it's quite long......
    I mentioned earlier in the thread that they have posted people’s contact information publicly on Twitter, which is out of order in my opinion... I’ve claimed a refund now and fully intend to pay for the shirt if I receive it, but if any of my information is posted anywhere then they will find themselves in bother.

If I were them I would be on to Thai post daily to get updates as to the whereabouts of the orders that are in transit... I was told in May that my order had reached Germany and would be with me very soon... 6 weeks later not a sign of it!! The excuses are wearing thin, I would prefer ‘Dave’ was honest and just said he doesn’t know where the heck the orders are instead of providing false hope!

All this about his business partner is a real shame and my sympathies go out to her, but this should not affect ‘Dave’ from liaising with the couriers you keep his business afloat.

I’ve spent a fortune on shorts from this company and while the trouble due Covid is understandable, their customer service is leaving too much to be desired now, I know I’m not the only one judging by comments on their Twitter, Parler and hashtags on Twitter.... a lot of angry folk.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 27-07-2020 at 08:36 AM.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    I deal with international logistics on a daily basis, a lot going to and coming from the Far East. I don’t understand why they’re taking 3 months to deliver a top, even by ship. What they probably do is have a part container on a ship every few months to import the stuff into UK, this will probably be on the back of a business importing larger heavier items. This will save on shipping costs but not by much. These tops are lightweight and would be easier to send via air mail. It seems such a bad business plan to take money off people and make them wait for 3-4 months for delivery. I could do a more accurate estimate with actual weights of items but I’m sure if they gave a £5 extra for airmail option when buying they would have a lot more happy customers.
    It’s very unprofessional to send emails like they have. They’re a business and it’s not your customers business why you’re having problem running said business, I have sympathy for the poor person going through what they are but there is no way you should be sending detailed medical emails to customers.
    Also they would be breaking UK law to publish people’s data online. Essentially their ‘bad debtors’ aren’t bad debtors, they are customers who have waited 5 months on shirts that we’re supposed to arrive after a few months.
    It’s obviously run by people who don’t know what they’re doing apart from producing decent enough retro football tops. Just being able to produce a product doesn’t make a good business.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

@hibs.net private member
    Ive actually bough a few tops from someone who must work in their factory/shop making these replicas from eBay accounts.... definitely the same folk as the stock photos used the exact same, and these sellers have been a little more reliable.

I do wonder if they started as an eBay shop and perhaps thought they could branch out and cut out the middle man (sellers fees on eBay)?

You are spot on with the unprofessionalism and consumer rights act 2015 states that items should be delivered within 30 days without delay from point of purchase unless expressly agreed with the retailer.

Constant excuses don't constitute agreement with the customer!

@hibs.net private member
    Anyone had any updates from Diamond Retro?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Will be avoiding like the plague, reading that e-mail.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Will be avoiding like the plague, reading that e-mail.
    Which email?

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Which email?
    The one posted by 1875Steve.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    The one posted by 1875Steve.
    Oh yeah, oops... I thought u meant you’d had a further email...

@hibs.net private member
    Just seen on the Diamond Retro website that they’re taking a break due to health reasons... I know it’s a very small company but they cannot just shut down while customers are sitting waiting on orders!!

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Whilst I am waiting on a few orders from them my patience will only last until just before the deadline for submitting a refund claim via PayPal which I seem to recall is 6 months.

Just seen on the Diamond Retro website that they’re taking a break due to health reasons... I know it’s a very small company but they cannot just shut down while customers are sitting waiting on orders!!
    Aye it's the women who makes the tops.

According to them all orders are out, they've stopped taking any new ones.

I keep checking the tracking number on both the Thai and Royal Mail sites.

Thai post is slow to update, it should appear on Royal Mail's site as soon as its scanned into the country.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s not great PR which is a shame cos the product is top notch.

A few of these appear on eBay from Thailand from time to time, I may just stick with bidding on them... saves having to deal with this Dave character who doesn’t seem the most professional.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    If you buy knock off Nigel gear then you are always taking a risk

It’s not great PR which is a shame cos the product is top notch.

A few of these appear on eBay from Thailand from time to time, I may just stick with bidding on them... saves having to deal with this Dave character who doesn’t seem the most professional.
    Someone's put their aztec/diamond collection up just now on ebay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian...MAAOSw549fJWYq

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian...sAAOSw0jJfJWVU

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian...YAAOSw81pfJWXg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian...AAAOSw6~dfJS1f

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hibernian...AAAOSwsvtfJWZr
    Last edited by 1875STEVE; 01-08-2020 at 09:54 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Did they not say they are continuing to fulfill orders?

@hibs.net private member
    No new orders during the downtime, but it’s more the lack of communication in regard to orders places before lockdown... as many on here will testify to we all ordered in the last few days of February... yes lockdown has caused issues, but I’ve had orders delivered from all over the world in the last few months with little to no delay or interruption... Thai Post are getting the blame by Diamond Retro, but quite frankly the excuses are wearing thin from this Dave character!

Left by mutual consent!
    No new orders during the downtime, but it’s more the lack of communication in regard to orders places before lockdown... as many on here will testify to we all ordered in the last few days of February... yes lockdown has caused issues, but I’ve had orders delivered from all over the world in the last few months with little to no delay or interruption... Thai Post are getting the blame by Diamond Retro, but quite frankly the excuses are wearing thin from this Dave character!
    Don't diss him TOO much or he'll do no more Hibs retro kits!