hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diamond Retro

Diamond Retro

Diamond Retro have just began to stock the 1990 Adidas away top, been after one of these since I was a kid but can anyone who’s perhaps used this site before confirm if it’s 100% safe/legit before I buy? Heard a few dodgy stories about such football top websites and just want to be safe. Link below for anyone else interested, cheers troops.

https://diamondretro.com/products/hi...-91-away-shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Diamond Retro have just began to stock the 1990 Adidas away top, been after one of these since I was a kid but can anyone who’s perhaps used this site before confirm if it’s 100% safe/legit before I buy? Heard a few dodgy stories about such football top websites and just want to be safe. Link below for anyone else interested, cheers troops.

https://diamondretro.com/products/hi...-91-away-shirt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They were Aztec Retro before, and they were fine for a long time but did hit issues last year that left a lot of people with un-honoured orders. They've started up again as Diamond Retro, but I've taken a chance with the new top and ordered it.

Their strips were good quality before and I'm sure they'll be looking to re-establish themselves so hoping for no issues this time. If there is, I got my money back from Paypal last time anyway so wasn't out of pocket for long.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    I bought one from Aztec Retro - yellow top.
    Waited a few weeks and just when I was about to cancel, it arrived.
    The collar didn't really sit right, and the hem of the shirt started to unravel after one wear.

Just binned it.

Wouldn't recommend.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Already sold out in mediums

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    They are generally small made so perhaps the large would fit. At the end of the day pay via PayPal or credit card so you have recourse if it goes pear shaped

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Ordered the 85/86 home shirt 3 weeks ago and it arrived earlier today.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Ordered the 85/86 home shirt 3 weeks ago and it arrived earlier today.
    Received my one as well, looks decent

Anyone still waiting on an order from these guys? I ordered the 89 home top at the start of March and it still hasnt arrived. Had a variety of excuses from the company so far and they have disappeared off Twitter and are now on some other app callled Parler. I'm not seeing any orders arriving on either app though and I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about a paypal claim.

@hibs.net private member Fergus52's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Zazu rafike
    Quote Originally Posted by vein View Post
    Anyone still waiting on an order from these guys? I ordered the 89 home top at the start of March and it still hasnt arrived. Had a variety of excuses from the company so far and they have disappeared off Twitter and are now on some other app callled Parler. I'm not seeing any orders arriving on either app though and I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking about a paypal claim.
    I'm in a similiar position.

I know they had issues with Thai post due to COVID, I've had some e-mails saying that orders placed around that time might still have a wait of a few weeks.

I'm going to give it a wee bit longer before I place the paypal claim I thik.

First Team Breakthrough
    I saw something last week (I think im on their email list still) about the business associate in asia being ill and this causing a delay in orders but not to worry and don't cancel. Ironically it also said something fairly aggressively about naming and shaming those that cancel their orders via paypal as its theft apparently

the illness is exactly the same line they used they were 'Aztec retro' , once they started to fail to deliver... they blame customs next... attempting to scare you into not raising a complaint is a new tactic though

i'd get on to paypal pronto

I waited for four months for the original release of 85/86 shirt before raising an issue with paypal last December they never contested it . had the top been in the system they as they claimed in earlier emails I would have received it

@hibs.net private member
    Yup.... Still waiting!

Ordered in Feb, Dispatched in 3rd March... tracking received 25th March... and im still waiting... I emailed them multiple times and have had replies, but the excuses keep on rolling.

The latest update from them is that their business partner in Thailand has been ill and in hospital... but i really do not see how that affects orders that are supposed to be already in transit!!!

Ive always received my orders from them, but in this case i am very tempted to get a refund and deal with them should the order arrive... ever!

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    App used by right wing nut jobs and hate merchants, it was their goto app after Twitter started chucking them off for posting their hate drenched rubbish. Strange for any company (apart from those selling these groups paraphernalia) to associate with.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Not just me then...

I’ve been patient about it all so far and not chased up once but I’m starting to lose hope that the top will turn up. I think PayPal claim needs to be within 180 days so mine would need done during August at the latest. I’ll happily pay up if the top arrives but given the lack of twitter posts about tops arriving I’m starting to think the top was never sent.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    They sent an email out the other week about one of the owners being unwell, if i remember from the last time i ordered from their old name i never got my shirt and they emailed something similar as well

@hibs.net private member
    One thing to take note of is that the deadline to dispute transactions for anyone waiting on the Hibs away 89 top is looming, its in August.... perhaps they are stalling to make it past this date and then customers cannot dispute the transaction with PayPal?

EDIT: I don't want to sound callous but an illness in their company should not affect orders already dispatched, it is not the customers problem and the seller 'Dave' is UK based, while his business partner who is ill is based in Thailand.... why should her illness stop him from doing his job!?
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 24-07-2020 at 11:45 AM.

the mild mannered janitor Last Minute's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    I saw something last week (I think im on their email list still) about the business associate in asia being ill and this causing a delay in orders but not to worry and don't cancel. Ironically it also said something fairly aggressively about naming and shaming those that cancel their orders via paypal as its theft apparently

the illness is exactly the same line they used they were 'Aztec retro' , once they started to fail to deliver... they blame customs next... attempting to scare you into not raising a complaint is a new tactic though

i'd get on to paypal pronto

I waited for four months for the original release of 85/86 shirt before raising an issue with paypal last December they never contested it . had the top been in the system they as they claimed in earlier emails I would have received it
    made 2 orders early in March and still nothing. Kept emailing and getting excuses back about covid etc. now the excuse is the person that is ill? what is that gor to do with something already meant to be in the post? I contacted paypal and got a full refund then I got a email from a guy saying I was taking piss for not waiting longer and said I got a refund plus a free shirt? well guess what NO shirts have arrived and I don't give a S*** if he names and shames me. Get a refund folks before the deadline or you'll lose everything. that's their plan for you to wait till after the deadline.

First Team Breakthrough tigerted's Avatar
    Makes no difference what PayPal's dates for a claim are. Ultimately, it's the Bank or Card Company that your PayPal A/c uses who you can make a claim with.

You are under no obligation to make any claim through PayPal.

Testimonial Due
    I actually got mine last week. It was a Frank Graham group Adidas one with the ball and crown badge 1989 I think. I'd actually given up on it as it was around February that I'd ordered it.

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    I actually got mine last week. It was a Frank Graham group Adidas one with the ball and crown badge 1989 I think. I'd actually given up on it as it was around February that I'd ordered it.
    That’s gives me a little bit of hope then. I ordered same one on March 2nd.

Testimonial Due
    I had issues with them when they were Aztec Retro. Stay well clear is my advice.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerted View Post
    Makes no difference what PayPal's dates for a claim are. Ultimately, it's the Bank or Card Company that your PayPal A/c uses who you can make a claim with.

You are under no obligation to make any claim through PayPal.
    A lot easier to raise a dispute with PayPal than to drag your bank into it....

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC93 View Post
    I had issues with them when they were Aztec Retro. Stay well clear is my advice.
    Never had any issues with them at all. Quite the contrary in fact.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by EI255 View Post
    Never had any issues with them at all. Quite the contrary in fact.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
    Me also.... until now.

Promising Youngster
    I've just requested a refund after reading this thread and like one of the posters said I will honour the payment if it eventually arrives....was the Home 85-86 insave!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayrshire Hibee View Post
    I've just requested a refund after reading this thread and like one of the posters said I will honour the payment if it eventually arrives....was the Home 85-86 insave!
    As have I.... if, and it’s a big IF, my shirt arrives I will get in contact with them and send the payment, but right now the radio silence and the attitude I’ve experienced via email doesn’t leave me with much hope.

It’s a real shame cos I have almost all the hibs retro kits from these guys and they’re great quality... but if they don’t survive this then I don’t see them rebuilding their reputation.

I lucked out with these guys massively. Ordered the Frank Graham home top last August. It hadn’t arrived 5/6 months later so claimed a refund through Paypal. Then randomly it arrived in the post one day = free top.

Expecting the same thing might happen with the white away one too. I claimed a refund a couple of weeks ago and have since received the same email as before confirming that it is on it’s way.

They are VERY small. I ordered a L in the home one and have gone XL with the white one... usually sit between a L and a M.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    As have I.... if, and it’s a big IF, my shirt arrives I will get in contact with them and send the payment, but right now the radio silence and the attitude I’ve experienced via email doesn’t leave me with much hope.

It’s a real shame cos I have almost all the hibs retro kits from these guys and they’re great quality... but if they don’t survive this then I don’t see them rebuilding their reputation.
    This is what I find most disappointing about my experience with them. They definitely deliver on some orders and the tops that I've seen about look quite good and better than an unbranded score draw one.

Id like to think its a supply/demand issue rather than an outright attempt to defraud. Originally they did small batches of shirts usually sold out by 8pm on day of release. However there's a dishonesty in keeping orders live in various emails full of excuses, and allowing PayPal to foot their bill through not dealing with the complaint when raised. the business model is also based on copyright fraud as umbro and adidas would point out.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    My son ordered the same shirt as you and after many, many delays
    and a few emails back and forward, it finally arrived from
    Thailand last week. It looks good but he is of the opinion that it’s pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    Thailand last week. It looks good but he is of the opinion that it’s pretty short.
    Thanks, maybe mine will appear then at some point, will leave it a few more weeks before going down refund route. You don’t know what order number he was do you? I’m 1323 so would be interested to see if similar order numbers are arriving.

After all this time the top is probably going to be too small for me, especially after putting on a couple of pounds during lockdown 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hibs1969 View Post
    What date did your son order mate? I’m still waiting on an order from the 3/3/2020. Not looking good as my tracking number doesn’t work.