hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, and then the funniest part of all is when genuinely threatening ultras come to Glasgow intent on causing violence (I’m thinking Ajax, Lazio and Legia Warsaw in recent times), Police Scotland ***** it and don’t do a thing. Absolute cowards to a man, I would be ashamed if I had to go home and look my family in the eye and tell them that’s what I did for a living, harassing working-class fans to fill their forces’ coffers #ACAB
    What a lot of generalised rubbish to tar thousands due to the actions of a few. Think you should be ashamed of yourself for spouting this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    I have family that are police.......and to be honest you can gtf. I dont care if you are a 'fellow hibs fan'. They have went through stuff you cant even imagine. So i reiterate.....you can gtf. As for ACAB......are you 12????
    I’m talking specifically within the remits of policing football games, they are thugs with wee guy mentalities and the world would be a better place without them. I obviously respect those who have to deal with real crimes and help make our streets safer,

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Seen it last night, reminded me of when Sproule scored in the 3-1 game in 2004/5 - police officer rugby tackles him for running to the fans.
    I remember that but thought it was a big fat b.......d of a steward. Not that i'm doubting you.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    What a lot of generalised rubbish to tar thousands due to the actions of a few. Think you should be ashamed of yourself for spouting this.
    Not at all, and they’re allowed to get away with how they treat working-class football fans because of attitudes like yours, have been even since Hillsborough. It’s not just a few, it’s the mentality of their commanders, they are classist, they despise the ordinary football fan

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I’m talking specifically within the remits of policing football games, they are thugs with wee guy mentalities and the world would be a better place without them. I obviously respect those who have to deal with real crimes and help make our streets safer,
    You do know that they're the same people?

Not at all, and they’re allowed to get away with how they treat working-class football fans because of attitudes like yours, have been even since Hillsborough. It’s not just a few, it’s the mentality of their commanders, they are classist, they despise the ordinary football fan
    Are all football fans working class like? Cliched and ill informed nonsense from you here. You do know what ACAB means eh?

Left by mutual consent!
    Are all football fans working class like? Cliched and ill informed nonsense from you here. You do know what ACAB means eh?
    I do indeed, the majority of police officers are in the job for all the wrong reasons, and the less said about their superiors the better

I do indeed, the majority of police officers are in the job for all the wrong reasons, and the less said about their superiors the better
    So you know the majority of them then? Lets agree to disagree here.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    You do know that they're the same people?
    And a lot of them football fans as well.

Wow! Probably some of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on .net - and that's saying something.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 28-02-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    So you know the majority of them then? Lets agree to disagree here.
    I know how the majority treat young fans at games, their behaviour is vile

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyway, aside from my own views on the police at football matches, which stem from personal experience and working with Fans Against Criminalisation, I think we can all agree that - on this specific incident anyway - Police Scotland have had a mare

on this specific incident anyway - Police Scotland have had a mare
    As have you...

I know how the majority treat young fans at games, their behaviour is vile
    Since I stopped being a pest the police have left me alone, not even a search for about 25 years. Maybe their attitude is reserved for the young team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Since I stopped being a pest the police have left me alone, not even a search for about 25 years. Maybe their attitude is reserved for the young team.
    It is, most certainly. But this attitude that “if you do nothing wrong the police will leave you alone” is a falsehood, some police officers actively want trouble at games - last night being a great example of that

It is, most certainly. But this attitude that “if you do nothing wrong the police will leave you alone” is a falsehood, some police officers actively want trouble at games - last night being a great example of that
    Aye! That cop wanted to be shoved over - B*****D!

He didn’t want to be but he entirely deserved it for trying to manhandle a player who was celebrating a goal, whilst his fellow officers were arresting Copenhagen’s club stewards. That hopefully won’t go down well with UEFA and I would love to see Celtic and Police Scotland have the book thrown at them for it.

Using the acab hashtag isn't doing him any favours but I agree with him that there are a sizable number of them who are hankering after a bit of trouble and see the football as a free swing. The way I get treated as an away fan is totally different to the way the police interact with me in other areas of life. And it's time it stopped.

What utter tosh.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Using the acab hashtag isn't doing him any favours but I agree with him that there are a sizable number of them who are hankering after a bit of trouble and see the football as a free swing. The way I get treated as an away fan is totally different to the way the police interact with me in other areas of life. And it's time it stopped.
    Yep, and I accept using that term was reactionary and silly so I will edit it out of my original post. But like you say, having been treated quite badly by police officers at grounds over the years simply for the crime of being a football supporter (when I get treated like an ordinary citizen outwith stadiums), I do harbour a sense of mistrust and dare I say anger towards the tactics of Police Scotland
    Last edited by ABZHFC; 28-02-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Apart from one incident at Ibrox 35+ years ago I can honestly say that I've never had any real bother with the police at football matches - I don't know, maybe it's down to my size and (unintentionally) less than friendly demeanor.

That's doesn't mean I haven't seen policemen behaving like dicks (far, far fewer than fans doing the same) - just nothing to get upset about.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: AlienDoidge9
    The pig never fell hard enough

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Grass.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    I get wined up every weekend and I've never had to appear in court yet....
    I get wined up also most nights. Long may it continue.

Really?

I've known quite a few policemen (& women) over the years and the majority are just folk getting on with their job - and as happens in any job, there are good guys and there are twats - no different from any walk of life.
    This.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Embarrassing if true.

One of them if the shoe was on the other foot then no doubt the police would have allowed the Celtic players to celebrate with their fans. Also with the huge police presence next to the Copenhagen fans, you would have expected their whole support were a bunch of criminals judging by that huge police presence in that corner

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    not a fan eh ?
    Best take a breather mate.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Thirty years ago the Glesca polis would just have put him in a cell and kicked the **** out of him

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Understand why the police wouldn't do it - but what is there to stop the police lifting the boy there and then?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Understand why the police wouldn't do it - but what is there to stop the police lifting the boy there and then?
    Don't go giving them ideas, dubious penalties at Ibrox and Celtic Park will be the least of our worries