hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 173

Thread: The big screen

  1. #121
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,505
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So itís no a tv screen just a big picture frame ?
    Hope it's got an SD card slot so I can watch my photos on slideshow.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #122
    @hibs.net private member Peevemor's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint-Malo, Brittany
    Age
    53
    Posts
    26,286
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hope it's got an SD card slot so I can watch my photos on slideshow.
    And a USB connection. I've got some films and a couple of seasons of House MD on a portable hard drive.

  4. #123
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but they do have high quality smaller digital scoreboards in each corner of the ground which relay any VAR outcomes.

    This would be mandatory in the Premiership.
    True
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  5. #124
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,782
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm decidedly pro Ron Gordon and his investment plans and I'm sure his vision for the club and ER on match days is keeping in line with the fact that we're a Scottish football club of some 145 years standing not an entertainment franchise born the day before yesterday.

    From "kiss cams" onwards in the quoted post would be far too far down the "americanisation" route for my liking
    Wonder what happened to the guy at ER whoís girlfriend proposed to him - the announcer asked on her behalf but Kenny or Rab / whoever failed to respond so we never got to see how that panned out (badly probably)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  6. #125
    @hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    2,649
    Will you be able to see the screen from the Skyview Restaurant at Tiny or will the Castle be in the way?

  7. #126
    Testimonial Due Skol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Age
    53
    Posts
    1,259
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.

  8. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.
    The big screen is not to watch the game. Iíve seen so many people say this. The big screen is there for revenue generation through advertising, to promote Hibs and Hibs products to the thousands that are in attendance at games, and to appeal to the younger generation that they might get shown on the big screen at the game thus deepening their connection with the club. Itís a money maker pure and simple.

  9. #128
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    19,129
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.

    Sponsors and commercial partners like them.

    And young people.

    All consistent with driving up attendance and revenue, as per the plan.

  10. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.
    Just imagine its a wet Tuesday, we're 3 nil down at half time to Hamilton and you want to go home but realise you can wath rhe 2nd part of Corrie on the big screen to cheer you up. Meanwhile on the pitch Doiger hits a double hatrick and you missed all the goals because Sally and Gail were having a barney...

  11. #130
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,221
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sponsors and commercial partners like them.

    And young people.

    All consistent with driving up attendance and revenue, as per the plan.
    Plus, if Christiano Ronaldo ever plays at Easter Road, he'll be able to check to see if the cameras are focused on his best side.

    Same probably applies to Kamberi.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  12. #131
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    53
    Posts
    21,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.
    It helps to remind you that youíre at the game, when you see yourself on it you can jump up and down and tell folk next to you that youíre on the screen.

  13. #132
    @hibs.net private member tamig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    8,769
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.
    And Ron being the successful businessman that he is has no doubt reached the same conclusion. No justifiable value but - what the heck - Iíll give them a big screen anyway.

  14. #133
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der HŲlle
    Posts
    30,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It helps to remind you that youíre at the game, when you see yourself on it you can jump up and down and tell folk next to you that youíre on the screen.

    Exciting stuff


  15. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    what benefit does a big screen bring ?

    I go to watch the game in person.
    If you look at the picture I posted in post#34, the big V on the right hand side is an advert for something called Volume. I still have no idea what they were selling but that image will have brought in a few thousand quid to the club.

    The main picture shows the score between 'Ryan's Royals' and Blackburn. Ryan was a terminally ill youngster whose short life was made much happier though the club's engagement with him - a very worthy cause IMO and I'm sure he was absolutely thrilled to see that image.

    Both sections change throughout the match with ads on the right and a delayed stream of the match on the left interspersed with birthday messages, some more ads and replays of major incidents. If something happens on the field that I didn't quite see or understand (increasingly likely at my age) I automatically look at the screen to see if a second viewing helps.

    In short the screen brings in a lot of money for the club and enhances my matchday experience, it's just a shame that the fitba' on show isn't doing either right now (look at the 'crowd').

  16. #135
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,829
    All in favour of the big screen but in the winter /spring the sun often shines right into the East. Hope it doesn't spoil the image.

  17. #136
    First Team Regular norhfc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Bergen,Norway
    Posts
    680
    The modern big screens can handle sun directly on it. I watched a few games of the last World Cup on one and it was pretty amazing in the sun.

  18. #137
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Back in the town
    Age
    58
    Posts
    10,829
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The modern big screens can handle sun directly on it. I watched a few games of the last World Cup on one and it was pretty amazing in the sun.
    Great. I would have hated to have the screen without being able to see it!

  19. #138
    Any pictures of the proposal?!

  20. #139
    This is how St Mirren make some money from their big screen

    https://www.stmirren.com/commercial/...en-advertising

  21. #140
    Is the screen installation still going to happen?

  22. #141
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,782
    No - money being diverted to build a plaza style areas for social distanced clapping sessions with options for triple cooked chips :)

    Does it still make sense in the current climate? Possibly not until itís clear what the deal will be with return to Stadium capacity.

    Although is were ever going to do it perhaps now is a chance to do so at a knock-down price? But likely money best spent elsewhere.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  23. #142
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Livingston
    Posts
    1,637
    If I remember rightly, they used to show the goals after their games at Tynecastle on the screens in the concourse!
    It caused no end of bother with people stopping to watch while others wanted out!!!

  24. #143
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,429
    Games to be projected onto Salisbury Crags so fans can watch socially distanced in Holyrood Park.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

  25. #144
    First Team Breakthrough AliboyFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Newcastle
    Age
    16
    Posts
    291
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Is there any updates on this big screen ?

  26. #145
    Anyone remember when Kenny Waugh introduced the half time scores via a code but you had to buy a programme to have the code ? i think it lasted about thirty seconds before the outcry was so great it was abandoned.

  27. #146
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Sleepy Hollow
    Posts
    13,961
    Anyone remember the old guy that used to walk around the pitch with the blackboard at half-time with the ĎLucky Programme Numberí on it ?

    IIRC everyone used to throw the remains of their inedible pies at it

  28. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by AliboyFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is there any updates on this big screen ?
    Aye, there's been a bit of a bug going about. It's slowing down most Clubs plans - ask Professor Doctor Sir Ann if you don't believe me.

  29. #148
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone remember when Kenny Waugh introduced the half time scores via a code but you had to buy a programme to have the code ? i think it lasted about thirty seconds before the outcry was so great it was abandoned.
    Prolonged, pointed dissatisfaction that just went on and on into the start of the second half. I used to stand in the North enclosure then and Waugh was beetroot. Pretty funny really and justified.

  30. #149
    @hibs.net private member Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Neu Reekie
    Age
    58
    Posts
    11,002
    Golden Goal tickets. Imagine the rage now, 45+2 90+6. Throw a pie at that.

  31. #150
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone remember the old guy that used to walk around the pitch with the blackboard at half-time with the ĎLucky Programme Numberí on it ?

    IIRC everyone used to throw the remains of their inedible pies at it
    Canít remember pies being thrown at club staff ever. My recollection is, close to the front, we were mostly concerned about catching the attention of the boys, trackside, to buy our spearmint gum, crisps or Mars bar.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)