hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 173

Thread: The big screen

  1. #91
    Iíve been to a lot of baseball games in the States, the big screens can be great, particularly in baseball where there are lots of breaks in play.

    However, iím quite surprised that not so long ago many people got bent out of shape at the thought of spending £1 million on a full size indoor pitch at East Mains, yet this seems to have great support.

    I get that it might generate some additional advertising revenues, but even so.....


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #92
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,488
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.
    How much will the screen cost? What's the operating outlay?

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

  4. #93
    @hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Dalkeith
    Age
    60
    Posts
    5,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How much will the screen cost? What's the operating outlay?

    Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk
    I have absolutely no idea but I think Ron wouldíve done a feasibility study and know exactly how much it is costing.

  5. #94
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,159
    Happy Birthday messages with pics for the kids @ £30/40 a pop £10k + a season easily and thatís just basic standard ****.

  6. #95
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,221
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Would rather go back to the cave, pre seating. Bring back the slope and Turnbull's Tornadoes.

    Glad I'm an auld git, don't want to watch inside a giant pinball machine.

    Most of the state of the art English stadia, screens, beer, et al, are soulless bunkers with less atmosphere than the moon.

    However, I do get that I'll be in a minority and probably rightly so.

    I wouldn't have given the away fans those bloody waterproof ponchos either.
    Adding a screen and the digital ribbons may not be your first choice, but they aren't going to detract from the current atmosphere.

    If you're happy with it now, you'll be at least as happy next season.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  7. #96
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    I live for dull football
    Posts
    45,221
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Exactly my thoughts.

    Would be funny if the top league insisted you had to have one for VAR decisions to show up on. Should it ever happen obviously.
    Man United use VAR obviously, but they don't have a big screen.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!



  8. #97
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,782
    Are some folks forgetting this is a businessman and a US businessman at the that? Heís not come in all gung-ho.

    He might even know a thing or two about the power of moving image but if not (!) heís got US counterparts who are successful in the game.

    Who knows the combo of the big screen and smart phones might be a powerful one... man of the match? make it interactive. Hook people on to the screen and give then competition/promo codes vouchers into their Apple wallet to use at partners sites/stores.
    Last edited by Viva_Palmeiras; 27-02-2020 at 04:54 PM.

  9. #98
    @hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Chippenham/Bath
    Age
    40
    Posts
    6,938
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good question. But it's called a diddler in our house. Or a zap.

    You know when you're watching a south American game and the director keeps panning out to pretty girls in the crowd, or random directors up in the box instead of watching the game on the pitch?
    Clicker or remote in ours.

    J

  10. #99
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    12,782
    How much does Vue at Omni/Ocean terminal (Porta!) charge for force people to sit through their adds? And how many punters do they reach?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

  11. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Clicker or remote in ours.

    J
    Big finger in mine

  12. #101
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    36
    Posts
    12,848
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Revenue generating advertisements
    Match highlights
    Iconic moments from Hibs history
    birthday messages and announcements (offer a package where you can pay a fee and have a couple of players record the message and itís played in the stadium at half-time)
    Interaction with fans, have them tweet or text messages during the game that could be displayed on it.
    competitions or entertainment with the fans, kiss-cams or putting the cameras on kids in the stands and offer a prize for the best dancer.
    Videos of our mascot doing daft, entertaining stuff or pulling pranks like you see with NBA and NFL mascots.
    Team line ups and substitutions with pictures or GIFS of the players involved in which dafties like Boyle will be doing something funny
    Song lyrics

    Just off the top of my head
    I'm decidedly pro Ron Gordon and his investment plans and I'm sure his vision for the club and ER on match days is keeping in line with the fact that we're a Scottish football club of some 145 years standing not an entertainment franchise born the day before yesterday.

    From "kiss cams" onwards in the quoted post would be far too far down the "americanisation" route for my liking

  13. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Itís about attracting new fans to the club. Ron probably realises that we have exhausted the grumpy old men market in that respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    I can't deny it. Ive turned into Grumpy Gibby the North Stand Hibby.


    Gie the baw tae Reilly!

  14. #103
    Testimonial Due Renfrew_Hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Renfrew, Renfrewshire
    Posts
    1,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man United use VAR obviously, but they don't have a big screen.
    No but they do have high quality smaller digital scoreboards in each corner of the ground which relay any VAR outcomes.

    This would be mandatory in the Premiership.

  15. #104
    First Team Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

    A big screen?


    Jaysus.
    To be fair, he covered loads last night. A lot of it with substance. Folk are just having a bit of fun the big screen stuff.

  16. #105
    @hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Posh Pans
    Posts
    4,499
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its a matter of regret that this 'big screen' is going to render redundant all those fascinating 'Fill In The Corners FFS Petrie!' threads on here. For shame.
    Unless we have 4 big screens😇
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

    The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

  17. #106
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,197
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm decidedly pro Ron Gordon and his investment plans and I'm sure his vision for the club and ER on match days is keeping in line with the fact that we're a Scottish football club of some 145 years standing not an entertainment franchise born the day before yesterday.

    From "kiss cams" onwards in the quoted post would be far too far down the "americanisation" route for my liking
    Some of the baseball teams in America are over 100 years old and generating more money than our entire league, old-firm included. That sort of stuff is good enough for them.

    We're also trying to attract younger people to the club and they see all that kind of stuff on social media and the telly so incorporating that into the matchday experience might be the difference in getting them to Easter Road rather than sitting at home watching teams from other countries on the telly.

    Or maybe we should just tell them to go to the cinema if they want to be entertained......that's worked well for us in the past




    #persevered

  18. #107
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,921
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Just think when we play The Rangers we can zoom in on "neanderthal of the week".

  19. #108
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,737
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    I presume you wonít be able to see the screen if you bought a ticket in upper East Section 45?

  20. #109
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    12,192
    It has to be situated between the east and south, coz if you put it between the FF and East only the west will have a good view of it. It seems wherever it goes the east is gonna be the stand that suffers and whatever happens the west will be in prime position, for obvious reasons though.

    The best place for it would be slung under the roof of the south right at the front, or perhaps on top of it

  21. #110
    Slap bang behind the goals in the South sounds like the right place to me. Hang it from the roof and give the uglies a good old expensive restricted view of the wiring.

  22. #111
    Coaching Staff Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    25,136
    I sit in the east and I can see the wall that the screen will presumably go on no bother so I imagine it will only be parts of the east that canít see it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #112
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,141
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sit in the east and I can see the wall that the screen will presumably go on no bother so I imagine it will only be parts of the east that canít see it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why not put it in the South, then everyone can see it?

  24. #113
    @hibs.net private member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard it wonít play any video as such and will be static content.

    So plenty of pictures of Hibs players but none of them actually scoring a goal.

    Itís also going to have one of those levers/stand that push it out from the base and angle it towards certain bit of the ground. Like some people have at home but a bit bigger.
    So itís no a tv screen just a big picture frame ?

  25. #114
    @hibs.net private member Greentinted's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Used to love reading the HIBS line up in the reserve league:

    Newman Trialist and Newman A N Other Trialist and Newman Davidson Junior Blair Trialist and Newman
    I often used to think Ďwhat if some trialistís name actually was Newman?í

  26. #115
    It's going in the corner at an angle, everyone will see it. There will be better and worse places to see it, but you will see it.

    It also has to go in the corner of East and South no question, therefore giving the "best" views to all home stands. Would be stupid to put it next to the FF and give the 20 Ross county away fans prime viewing.

    I'm all for us modernising the stadium, looking forward to it.

  27. #116
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Between East and South I believe.
    Baws. I might need to move now for a better view. Fancy the FFL all of a sudden 😀

  28. #117
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Baws. I might need to move now for a better view. Fancy the FFL all of a sudden 😀
    Complaint in

  29. #118
    Testimonial Due SquashedFrogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Livingston
    Age
    45
    Posts
    3,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Complaint in
    Haha

    Although the East stand gets the remote control 👌😀

  30. #119
    With the imminent "Americanisation" of the club, I'm looking forward to the barbecues in the car park..

  31. #120
    And cheerleaders!!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)