hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 173

Thread: The big screen

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this will generate future profit for us then great but other than that, not really sure it adds much if anything to match day experience really.

    Does anyone really want to be sitting watching a screen during the game? Unless you're 6 and bored playing with an ipad or the likes.

    Team line ups displayed on it pre match and what else?

    Not against it at all as they've obviously done the sums but I personally dont see how this makes going to a game any better.
    Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have nowhere to put one I donít think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Beside their big windows that the hospitality folk can watch from. Then everyone can run out into McLeod Steet to check if it was Daz or a gust of wind that knocked Uche over. Or his scintillating ball skills.

    https://youtu.be/wTpG56PlUdY

    Last edited by 007; 27-02-2020 at 06:31 PM.

  4. #63
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,342
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Now awaiting announcement from Gorgie of their bigger screen.
    The digital video ribbon between their two tiers will be the most state-of-the-art in the country.

  5. #64
    Testimonial Due Sergio sledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Inverness
    Age
    36
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've given this some thought - they could stick it on the underside of the moving bit on the Gorgie people eating stand.

    Attachment 23046
    In all seriousness, they could get a pretty decent sized screen on their roof support structure that runs along the top of that stand. One at each end of the ground would work pretty well and mean that all fans would be able to see one of them. Probably better than they can see the pitch from some of their seats....

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.
    Ibrox currently does that.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sacramento, California
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,882
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.
    Saved me the reply, cheers. It will be a fantastic addition!

  8. #67
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,696
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naw cannae wait

    Slo mo action replays of Big Portos tackles Scottyís through balls Rockyís spectacular saves and wall to wall HIBS goals
    Maybe we could replay N. L s airplane, just for some nostalgia.

  9. #68
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,029
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.
    Reminding Rangers fans of that David Gray moment everytime we play them. Perfect.

  10. #69
    @hibs.net private member Col2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    4,961
    I heard it wonít play any video as such and will be static content.

    So plenty of pictures of Hibs players but none of them actually scoring a goal.

    Itís also going to have one of those levers/stand that push it out from the base and angle it towards certain bit of the ground. Like some people have at home but a bit bigger.

  11. #70
    Coaching Staff hfc rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,737
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: RD4138MU
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Advertising? Half time scores from other games? Highlights from previous games? Famous moments Vs old firm/hearts when we play them? It will be a nice addition.

    That would be very nice.

  12. #71
    Coaching Staff Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    25,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I heard it wonít play any video as such and will be static content.

    So plenty of pictures of Hibs players but none of them actually scoring a goal.

    Itís also going to have one of those levers/stand that push it out from the base and angle it towards certain bit of the ground. Like some people have at home but a bit bigger.
    A video screen with no video? Surely you jest?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #72
    @hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    7,769
    Can I be the first to moan about spending money of the screen when we have a disappointing result please?

  14. #73
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,845
    Who's got control of the doofer?

  15. #74
    Coaching Staff hibsbollah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,068
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who's got control of the doofer?
    Good question. But it's called a diddler in our house. Or a zap.

    You know when you're watching a south American game and the director keeps panning out to pretty girls in the crowd, or random directors up in the box instead of watching the game on the pitch?

  16. #75
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,342
    Be great for the Happy Hibbie Half Time Draw - live on big screen, digital clarity sound and fancy disco lighting for a bit of fanfare.

    Probably still won’t be enough to stop the weekly “anyone catch the numbers?” thread.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member The 90+2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    16,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pixture last night showed it between the East and South.
    Letís hope itís far away enough for the huns or hearts not to vandalise it when they come to town.

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Good question. But it's called a diddler in our house. Or a zap.

    You know when you're watching a south American game and the director keeps panning out to pretty girls in the crowd, or random directors up in the box instead of watching the game on the pitch?
    Well my old telly, which is about 2 feet thick front to back, still goes "doof" when it comes on with the remote, hence we still call it the "doofer".
    Might try it at ER next season to see if I can switch to get the 3.15 from Donny.

  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.
    They do at Ibrox.

  20. #79
    @hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    not sure
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Laced1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where would it go ? Between the east and famous 5 ?
    that's where i would hope, as if we were to fill in corners at some point in the future, it would make sense for it to be the south/west and north/east corners, as these have the most space owned by hibs behind them as far as i know?

  21. #80
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bo'ness
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,274
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    If it goes between east and south how long before it gets damaged ?

  22. #81
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Age
    36
    Posts
    13,197
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenMan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If this will generate future profit for us then great but other than that, not really sure it adds much if anything to match day experience really.

    Does anyone really want to be sitting watching a screen during the game? Unless you're 6 and bored playing with an ipad or the likes.

    Team line ups displayed on it pre match and what else?

    Not against it at all as they've obviously done the sums but I personally dont see how this makes going to a game any better.
    Revenue generating advertisements
    Match highlights
    Iconic moments from Hibs history
    birthday messages and announcements (offer a package where you can pay a fee and have a couple of players record the message and itís played in the stadium at half-time)
    Interaction with fans, have them tweet or text messages during the game that could be displayed on it.
    competitions or entertainment with the fans, kiss-cams or putting the cameras on kids in the stands and offer a prize for the best dancer.
    Videos of our mascot doing daft, entertaining stuff or pulling pranks like you see with NBA and NFL mascots.
    Team line ups and substitutions with pictures or GIFS of the players involved in which dafties like Boyle will be doing something funny
    Song lyrics

    Just off the top of my head




    #persevered

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,511
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: CopyableOak1875
    Quote Originally Posted by NaturalOrder View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it goes between east and south how long before it gets damaged ?
    If it does get damaged, cut away fans allocation to move them away from the screen and bill then for it

  24. #83
    If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

    A big screen?


    Jaysus.

  25. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

    A big screen?


    Jaysus.
    Aye, cos he never spoke about anything else at all.

    Jaysus indeed.

  26. #85
    @hibs.net private member bod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1 screen which IMO is all we need.

    Because I sit in the West
    Youíll no be there once the ss say thatís the best place for atmosphere

  27. #86
    Coaching Staff Ozyhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    25,136
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ron wanted to divert our attention from the important things about his vision for the club, then he's played a blinder.

    A big screen?


    Jaysus.
    Itís about attracting new fans to the club. Ron probably realises that we have exhausted the grumpy old men market in that respect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #87
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    120
    If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member Mikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    53
    Posts
    55,672
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsquaker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the screen is not showing replays of contentious decisions from the current match or action replays of goals just scored then it is utterly pointless. All other things people have suggested it could show are all available on your handheld smart phone. Advertising you say. If it brings money in that will make it pay for itself then fair enough. Otherwise it offers no real justifiable value.
    It's not about paying for itself, it's about paying for itself and paying for players.

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    35
    Posts
    4,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.
    I hope so, can actually watch whatís going on in the last 10 minutes when everyone is standing on the stairs watching the game.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,921
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    When I was at Madison Square Garden they had a camera that would pick out prize winners and they'd see themselves on the screen and go mental.

    Be good for the kids, my dad would be less pleased!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)