hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The big screen

Hybrid View

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

The big screen

Is it wrong that this is what I'm most excited about?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Naw cannae wait

Slo mo action replays of Big Portos tackles Scotty’s through balls Rocky’s spectacular saves and wall to wall HIBS goals

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Hoping they release some images ASAP of what we can expect from the big screen and lighting etc. How sad is that
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Naw cannae wait

Slo mo action replays of Big Portos tackles Scotty’s through balls Rocky’s spectacular saves and wall to wall HIBS goals
    Maybe we could replay N. L s airplane, just for some nostalgia.

All this talk of screens has me hankering for the days of the coo shed and that wonderfully rubbish scoreboard of yesteryear.....

@hibs.net private member malcolm's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    All this talk of screens has me hankering for the days of the coo shed and that wonderfully rubbish scoreboard of yesteryear.....
    Yes but did that not involve some forward thinking clever marketing - to know for sure the teams at letter A that were 2-2 at half time did you not have to buy a program? I’m all nostalgic about but not hankering for the good old days of waiting for a pink paper van outside the newsagent on a Saturday night to read reports and scores or standing outside the window of the tv shop to see the scores flash across the teleprinter on screen.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm View Post
    Yes but did that not involve some forward thinking clever marketing - to know for sure the teams at letter A that were 2-2 at half time did you not have to buy a program? I’m all nostalgic about but not hankering for the good old days of waiting for a pink paper van outside the newsagent on a Saturday night to read reports and scores or standing outside the window of the tv shop to see the scores flash across the teleprinter on screen.

the pink was a lifeline for news as there was very little on TV, and I remember standing outside Radio Rentals in Musselburgh looking for the results!

changed days...
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post

the pink was a lifeline for news as there was very little on TV, and I remember standing outside Radio Rentals in Musselburgh looking for the results!

changed days...
    Used to love reading the HIBS line up in the reserve league:

Newman Trialist and Newman A N Other Trialist and Newman Davidson Junior Blair Trialist and Newman
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 27-02-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Used to love reading the HIBS line up in the reserve league:

Newman Trialist and Newman A N Other Trialist and Newman Davidson Junior Blair Trialist and Newman
    I often used to think ‘what if some trialist’s name actually was Newman?’

Testimonial Due
    If I remember rightly, they used to show the goals after their games at Tynecastle on the screens in the concourse!
    It caused no end of bother with people stopping to watch while others wanted out!!!

Left by mutual consent! KingPat4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveF View Post
    Would rather go back to the cave, pre seating. Bring back the slope and Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Glad I'm an auld git, don't want to watch inside a giant pinball machine.

Most of the state of the art English stadia, screens, beer, et al, are soulless bunkers with less atmosphere than the moon.

However, I do get that I'll be in a minority and probably rightly so.

I wouldn't have given the away fans those bloody waterproof ponchos either.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPat4 View Post
    Would rather go back to the cave, pre seating. Bring back the slope and Turnbull's Tornadoes.

Glad I'm an auld git, don't want to watch inside a giant pinball machine.

Most of the state of the art English stadia, screens, beer, et al, are soulless bunkers with less atmosphere than the moon.

However, I do get that I'll be in a minority and probably rightly so.

I wouldn't have given the away fans those bloody waterproof ponchos either.
    Adding a screen and the digital ribbons may not be your first choice, but they aren't going to detract from the current atmosphere.

If you're happy with it now, you'll be at least as happy next season.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Hearts’ BBC documentary will look superb on it.

Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Can a screen show footage from a game whilst it is ongoing? Something at the back of my mind says it can't.
    It was certainly a rule at one point. Not sure if it continues though.

@hibs.net private member _hucks_'s Avatar
    They can show live, but then if the feed source goes to a replay, they tend to stick a logo over the screen instead. Stops unintended VAR essentially.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by _hucks_ View Post
    They can show live, but then if the feed source goes to a replay, they tend to stick a logo over the screen instead. Stops unintended VAR essentially.

When we’re at Hampden the game is on the screens but there’s no replays etc.

My laddie went to Bayern they were showing goals from other live League games that were ongoing and highlights from the Stadium offsides VAR issues as they happened all whilst enjoying a watered down pint

Maybe different rules in the UK right enough?

In EPL games you can hear the crowd "ooh'ing and ahh'ing" at replays of near misses just after its happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    In EPL games you can hear the crowd "ooh'ing and ahh'ing" at replays of near misses just after its happened.
    I assumed they just don't show anything contentious to avoid sparking a riot.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Hearts will get a bigger one, and just broadcast pictures of the castle from various angles.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Hearts will get a bigger one, and just broadcast pictures of the castle from various angles.
    Hope the camera isn’t situated in the castle view suite

I mind in the old East complaining about a cold pie when the boy says, son it’s either cold pies or the big screen lol. Be nice to have both, that’s progress.

Reading show the game while it's ongoing but with a few seconds delay. They also show replays of goals and other incidents so it all works rather well

I've mentioned this several times before, but before each match they used to show a montage of iconic moments from their first promotion season (their 2016 moment) together with images of local landmarks accompanied by Clint Mansell's Lux Aeterna. The musical 'surge' was timed to coincide with the ball hitting the net from Bobby Convey's wonder goal that started the season off. I don't consider myself a Reading fan but I can't deny that got my juices flowing for the game ahead.

This is what the screen looks like in a stadium that's a similar size to ER.

If it goes in the SE corner will folk sitting in the East see it ok? I'd have thought having it "square on" to the pitch in the South stand would afford a better viewing angle - maybe at the side of the S Stand right next to the SE corner. Loss of "away" seats yes, but how many, and for how many matches is that stand full? (Esp as we'll not be playing Queen Anne's lot next season.)

@hibs.net private member Green_one's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    If it goes in the SE corner will folk sitting in the East see it ok? I'd have thought having it "square on" to the pitch in the South stand would afford a better viewing angle - maybe at the side of the S Stand right next to the SE corner. Loss of "away" seats yes, but how many, and for how many matches is that stand full? (Esp as we'll not be playing Queen Anne's lot next season.)
    Can we place it so Celtic fans have trouble seeing past it please. Sort of poetic justice.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Yes they do it at Ibrox and Parkhead. Depending on where you are seated at Parkhead the screen is the better option at times. As far as I’m aware they are not allowed to show replays of any incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Yes they do it at Ibrox and Parkhead. Depending on where you are seated at Parkhead the screen is the better option at times. As far as I’m aware they are not allowed to show replays of any incidents.
    They do show replays at Reading, so it is allowed.

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caversham Green View Post
    They do show replays at Reading, so it is allowed.
    I’m just thinking to the times I’ve been at Ibrox and Parkhead I can’t recall seeing replays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    I’m just thinking to the times I’ve been at Ibrox and Parkhead I can’t recall seeing replays.
    Maybe it's different in Scotland?