hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 115
  1. #61
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There will always be people that pick on one point, fail to understand that some people want more than just a game of football, fail to look at the bigger picture or just lack imagination.

    When I look at the full statement of Ron Gordon’s vision for the club, I am really excited for our future.
    I think it is failure to appreciate that it is all about football that has seen so many clubs fail when they diversify. No point in having the best chips available if nobody is coming because the team is mince.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Fantasy stuff.

    The club have already looked into it and estimate £600k but a random fan 'thinks' millions can be made!!!

    Thank Christ we're not doing the Hearts fan owned thing if this is what can happen!

    first off who you calling a random fan ?????? (Born and bred hibs fan 50yrs)

    I’m gonna go out and come back a glass half empty fan

    because you seem to think no it’s a BIG FAT NO !!

    again hope Ron is a glass half full kinda guy

    but please feel free to explain WHY it can’t be done

    cheers (some random fan)

  4. #63
    Coaching Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kirkcaldy
    Posts
    7,482
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed. Fantasy stuff.

    The club have already looked into it and estimate £600k but a random fan 'thinks' millions can be made!!!

    Thank Christ we're not doing the Hearts fan owned thing if this is what can happen!
    A 'random' fan, what a put down. 👇

  5. #64
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    first off who you calling a random fan ?????? (Born and bred hibs fan 50yrs)

    I’m gonna go out and come back a glass half empty fan

    because you seem to think no it’s a BIG FAT NO !!

    again hope Ron is a glass half full kinda guy

    but please feel free to explain WHY it can’t be done

    cheers (some random fan)
    You think that we can sell up to £5M worth of catering in 20 ish home games at ER?

    We have roughly 2 hrs a game to sell stuff, so 40 hours ish over a year.

    5,000,000 / 40 = £125,000 p/hr

    Aye, that's easily done!! I wonder if there a restaurant anywhere in the world that has these kind of takings!!

    Or, i could listen to our owner who I would imagine has actually looked into things with a view to bringing the catering in-house. He thinks we could sell around £600k's worth of stuff.

    So yeah, I'm gonna go with his estimates instead of your fantastical number you plucked from behind your Unicorns ear.

  6. #65
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A 'random' fan, what a put down. 👇
    In the context of listening to our owner or the poster on here it's entirely appropriate

  7. #66
    Testimonial Due Kaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,174
    Scottish football is poor at catering, at the English grounds I've been to (mostly non EPL) as an example the whole width of the concourse area has kiosk frontage and subsequently no queuing for food.
    I'm like many and won't join a 50 person queue for a coffee but suffer it if I'm with the kids, I honestly think you could double sales easily without improving the quality of food if everyone could guarantee a very short wait to be served, add in quality products and more will turn up earlier to have their prematch snack at the ground and if alcohol became available in the concourses even just prematch then this turnover figures of £3m are wholly achievable.
    Important to note that £3m is the view of one poster here, who I agree with, and RG has been much more circumspect with £600k. I think with dynamic prices for tickets and work done on the catering £600k extra would be a 3yr target

  8. #67
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der Hölle
    Posts
    29,893
    Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and your point is caller

    Ah, so you admit it!



  9. #68
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der Hölle
    Posts
    29,893
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Scottish football is poor at catering, at the English grounds I've been to (mostly non EPL) as an example the whole width of the concourse area has kiosk frontage and subsequently no queuing for food.
    I'm like many and won't join a 50 person queue for a coffee but suffer it if I'm with the kids, I honestly think you could double sales easily without improving the quality of food if everyone could guarantee a very short wait to be served, add in quality products and more will turn up earlier to have their prematch snack at the ground and if alcohol became available in the concourses even just prematch then this turnover figures of £3m are wholly achievable.
    Important to note that £3m is the view of one poster here, who I agree with, and RG has been much more circumspect with £600k. I think with dynamic prices for tickets and work done on the catering £600k extra would be a 3yr target

    One of the issues with the Queues is that it's so disorganised. Quite often there's one Queue but four tills open... or just a large crowd with it unclear which queue they're in.

    Motherwell have a system for queuing in, and leaving, at each till. I think Hibs should follow their example.

  10. #69
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the issues with the Queues is that it's so disorganised. Quite often there's one Queue but four tills open... or just a large crowd with it unclear which queue they're in.

    Motherwell have a system for queuing in, and leaving, at each till. I think Hibs should follow their example.
    I wonder if an app exists which would allow fans to order their half time food from their seat, and have it delivered. I'd be surprised if there wasn't. At the theatre it's standard practice to order interval drinks before the show starts.

  11. #70
    Testimonial Due Kaff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    One of the issues with the Queues is that it's so disorganised. Quite often there's one Queue but four tills open... or just a large crowd with it unclear which queue they're in.

    Motherwell have a system for queuing in, and leaving, at each till. I think Hibs should follow their example.
    I've not been to Motherwell for this season but their set up was pretty poor last time I was there (sure it was early 2019?) quite a log jam. If they improved it then I'm sure they'll find sales increase too.
    Of course initially increasing staff numbers will look like a loss of income but initially I'd think most extra staff would be in for maybe 3hrs at living wage and to recoup that would be possibly 10 extra customers per staff member?
    Get a reputation for quick service and quality food and that is easily recouped.
    On the point of raising an extra £2.4m than the club are initially projecting then it would require 8000 fans at 20 games to spend £15 each. No matter how ridiculous that sounds at this moment I think that is entirely achievable, especially with alcohol sales as a potential.
    With 2 young kids we were easily spending £10 per head with the poor quality food available so pushing that up to £15 with decent options will be OK for me and getting drinkers to hand over £20 is never any problem for pubs so with decent options again there is scope to hit those figures spoken about

    Edit.
    Sorry just read the post about Motherwell again, yes one queue but then you go to the available till. The area gets pretty badly choked and a queue that length is never appealing to stand in.
    Last edited by Kaff; 28-02-2020 at 03:17 PM.

  12. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataplana View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I wonder if an app exists which would allow fans to order their half time food from their seat, and have it delivered. I'd be surprised if there wasn't. At the theatre it's standard practice to order interval drinks before the show starts.
    Tongue firmly in cheek, but what about a touch screen similar to McDonalds that you select and pay for your food then collect at the counter.

  13. #72
    First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You think that we can sell up to £5M worth of catering in 20 ish home games at ER?

    We have roughly 2 hrs a game to sell stuff, so 40 hours ish over a year.

    5,000,000 / 40 = £125,000 p/hr

    Aye, that's easily done!! I wonder if there a restaurant anywhere in the world that has these kind of takings!!

    Or, i could listen to our owner who I would imagine has actually looked into things with a view to bringing the catering in-house. He thinks we could sell around £600k's worth of stuff.

    So yeah, I'm gonna go with his estimates instead of your fantastical number you plucked from behind your Unicorns ear.

    You don’t know me or anything about me and yet again you try the insults proves your a proper welt
    I'm happy with what I have posted but if you don’t have 000’s of posts your a “random fan”and a fantasist
    bet you’re fun at work !!!
    so I’ll leave you to find a mirror so you can argue with someone of your superior intelligence

    ALL hail the chief (the authority on everything)

  14. #73
    First Team Breakthrough My old man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Home sweet home
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've not been to Motherwell for this season but their set up was pretty poor last time I was there (sure it was early 2019?) quite a log jam. If they improved it then I'm sure they'll find sales increase too.
    Of course initially increasing staff numbers will look like a loss of income but initially I'd think most extra staff would be in for maybe 3hrs at living wage and to recoup that would be possibly 10 extra customers per staff member?
    Get a reputation for quick service and quality food and that is easily recouped.
    On the point of raising an extra £2.4m than the club are initially projecting then it would require 8000 fans at 20 games to spend £15 each. No matter how ridiculous that sounds at this moment I think that is entirely achievable, especially with alcohol sales as a potential.
    With 2 young kids we were easily spending £10 per head with the poor quality food available so pushing that up to £15 with decent options will be OK for me and getting drinkers to hand over £20 is never any problem for pubs so with decent options again there is scope to hit those figures spoken about

    Edit.
    Sorry just read the post about Motherwell again, yes one queue but then you go to the available till. The area gets pretty badly choked and a queue that length is never appealing to stand in.
    exactly my point
    but “the chief “ will disagree

    GGTTH

  15. #74
    Left by mutual consent!
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Somewhere near Albequerque.
    Posts
    2,466
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tongue firmly in cheek, but what about a touch screen similar to McDonalds that you select and pay for your food then collect at the counter.
    Is it that unrealistic?

  16. #75
    Coaching Staff NAE NOOKIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Galashiels
    Posts
    12,124
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think 17,000 season tickets is *that* unrealistic.
    In 2012/13 I think we had about 8,000 - lady season we had almost 14,000. The Scottish Cup win was a huge catalyst but it's also worth remembering that we'd spent three years in the Championship in the period since then.

    Creating an environment where people want to experience it again will grow the support - and keeping a winning team will accelerate that growth.

    I likened Ron to Fergus McCann in that he sees a very clear direction of travel to grow the club. What I took from his presentation is that his priority is success on the pitch, which he'll achieve by increasing the income and profit.

    To attract sponsors he's set a clear path on the values her wants the club to be associated with, and by extension, who our sponsors will be associated with.

    He's making us immensely attractive to sponsors. The greenest club in Scotland - this is a massive hot topic globally so to be at the forefront makes us an appealing option; really meaningful community work - he mentioned a Hibernian Youth Club, again it's a great initiative and one that if you tagged "in association with..." gives real value to sponsors.

    There was stuff like that throughout the presentation where Hibs were leading on things that people would naturally want to be involved with, and that goes for the support, too.

    Traditionally, the football has been about going to the game and going away again, you're only at the stadium to watch the match - maybe get a pie or whatever, and for some that's book-ended with pints at the pub.

    There would have been a time when going to the cinema was just about the movie, now you go and you get popcorn, or a hot dog, a coffee, or a beer. Cinemas made the experience better and now it's normal.

    A good team, along with an experienced that is genuinely enjoyable (so no long waits at turnstiles that don't work, or sultry kiosk staff etc) as well as something that is really different, will get people's interest and they'll want to go.

    17,000 is ambitious, but if Hibs can deliver what they want to I'd actually be amazed if we didn't hit it.
    I'm not down on the ambition in any way mate, aim for the stars and you might hit the moon, as they say. The only evidence we currently have to go on as to the viability of RG's goal is the fact that it took Hibs 40 years to emulate an average of 18,000 in a season including away fans and walk ups as well as ST holders and the fact that on any given matchday recently its abundantly clear that a big chunk of the 13,000 season tickets we do have are failing to turn up, far more than can be accounted for by 'natural wastage' as it were. If folk wont use ST's they have already paid for this season what chance is there they will renew next?

    For next season the challenge isn't to get above 13,000 it's to stay at 13,000 ..... If we manage that I will firmly believe that RG's plan to hit 17,000 is doable, because as things stand all the evidence points to a drop below 13,000 for next season.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 28-02-2020 at 03:50 PM.

  17. #76
    Testimonial Due A Hi-Bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The wrong side of the track
    Posts
    2,328

    Season Tickets

    I can only speak for myself, but Hibs can only get better if they can buy better players which all takes money, I have been a walk up supporter for some time now, used to have a season ticket.
    I have been thinking (which is always a bit dodgy) I am going to get a season ticket for next year, I can just about afford it and while I may not get to all the games for various reasons I feel that my little bit will help the club that I have followed for more years than I care to remember. So thats my start to the numbers Ron and the club are looking for.
    GGTTH


  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Quote Originally Posted by My old man View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You don’t know me or anything about me and yet again you try the insults proves your a proper welt
    I'm happy with what I have posted but if you don’t have 000’s of posts your a “random fan”and a fantasist
    bet you’re fun at work !!!
    so I’ll leave you to find a mirror so you can argue with someone of your superior intelligence

    ALL hail the chief (the authority on everything)
    Jeezo, you’re a bit touchy eh.

    You, or me, or anyone else that posts on this site are just random fans in comparison to our owner no matter how many posts you’ve made on this site.

  19. #78
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    30
    Posts
    8,917
    Blog Entries
    1
    He certainly makes time for everyone as was shown in BTG this evening. Myself and my mates must have been some of the last out of BTG and he was still there chatting to folk, and he went out his way to come up to us for a blether as opposed to vice versa and us going to him. We were going to leave him be as he’d been getting pested and posing for pics for near on 10/15 minutes but he made the time and seen we were still there and he came up and had a chat as we were finishing off our pints. He’s the real deal
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  20. #79
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,856
    I think it's harder and harder to question his good intentions, drive or passion for the club. I think we're going to continue to be a well run club for some time.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  21. #80
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Being interviewed on Sportsound now.

  22. #81
    Administrator matty_f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    43
    Posts
    43,596
    Blog Entries
    1
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it's harder and harder to question his good intentions, drive or passion for the club. I think we're going to continue to be a well run club for some time.
    We’re in really good hands.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://anchor.fm/longbangers

  23. #82
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    Tom English - “Ron Gordon should be at the heart of running Scottish football”.

    Gushing with praise for the man. Must have fallen out with Anne

  24. #83
    As I remember, David Duff sounded very plausible when he promised Hibs a new dawn under his stewardship. Tears were shed then too.

    Ron the man needs to keep on demonstrating his loyalty and goodwill towards the club for as long as he remains the owner.

  25. #84
    Pun Lovin' Criminal Northernhibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Age
    35
    Posts
    12,856
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We’re in really good hands.
    Say what you like about them but STF and Rod knew when to hand the reigns over to someone else - first Leeann, then to Ron.


    Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

  26. #85
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,643
    David Duff said Hibs could sign Maradonna!

  27. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    David Duff said Hibs could sign Maradonna!
    Mind when cannigia ended up at Dundee?! Strange things!

  28. #87
    @hibs.net private member Kato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Paris
    Age
    60
    Posts
    9,212
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom English - “Ron Gordon should be at the heart of running Scottish football”.

    Gushing with praise for the man. Must have fallen out with Anne
    I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

    He said the same when Anne Budge was stumbling around making wrong decision after wrong decision.

    Ron has achieved nothing yet.

    I've no doubt RG will give it his all so let's see where we are in a couple of seasons.

    Also -

    Saying that RG "didn't go for the cheap shot" regarding Hearts promotion but never calls out the cheap shots from the resident Hearts pundits which are plentiful.

    He just another gum-bumper who imagines he's a deep thinker.

  29. #88
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom English - “Ron Gordon should be at the heart of running Scottish football”.

    Gushing with praise for the man. Must have fallen out with Anne
    Would completely ignore anything Tom English has to say. He was another who thought Craig Whyte was the saviour of Rangers whose wealth was off the radar. Bound to get one right.

    Everything sounds promising with Ron but like someone said above we should alway maintain scrutiny to ensure the best interests of the club.

    Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

  30. #89
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll take that with a pinch of salt.

    He said the same when Anne Budge was stumbling around making wrong decision after wrong decision.

    Ron has achieved nothing yet.

    I've no doubt RG will give it his all so let's see where we are in a couple of seasons.

    Also -

    Saying that RG "didn't go for the cheap shot" regarding Hearts promotion but never calls out the cheap shots from the resident Hearts pundits which are plentiful.

    He just another gum-bumper who imagines he's a deep thinker.

    A bit harsh.

  31. #90
    @hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    exile
    Posts
    18,728
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Tom English - “Ron Gordon should be at the heart of running Scottish football”.

    Gushing with praise for the man. Must have fallen out with Anne

    But Ann Budge taught Ron everything he knows!

    Source: Ann Budge.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)