hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I was impressed but there was, and this was acknowledged by the man himself, a lot of ideas, visions and hopes but also a lot of work and planning to be done to implement them. Some of that is easy eg improving Hibs TV, tarting up the stadium, changing ST pricing. Some more difficult, finding 5 companies to contribute £200K minimum per year for at least 3 years as an example.

I'm tempering my optimism with a dose of realism. Some of this will undoubtedly work and be good for the club, equally some of it just won't. That's not being a pessimist, it's just accepting that's how business plans work.

Also I'm not sure I trust a guy who uses Zs in place of Ss in words such as organisation.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was impressed but there was, and this was acknowledged by the man himself, a lot of ideas, visions and hopes but also a lot of work and planning to be done to implement them. Some of that is easy eg improving Hibs TV, tarting up the stadium, changing ST pricing. Some more difficult, finding 5 companies to contribute £200K minimum per year for at least 3 years as an example.

I'm tempering my optimism with a dose of realism. Some of this will undoubtedly work and be good for the club, equally some of it just won't. That's not being a pessimist, it's just accepting that's how business plans work.

Also I'm not sure I trust a guy who uses Zs in place of Ss in words such as organisation.
    Decent plan, with the right goals and elements....but as you infer, it’s just a plan....lots of hard work, and breakthrough achievements required to get anywhere near the ambition in it....

Will be interesting to see how next year progresses...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar

He does pronounce Edinburgh properly though so I’m pretty sure he’s trustworthy

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Not a chance drinking in the stands will happen.
    I never mentioned what it was a pint of though 😤

It was Peruvian Yak Milk.

Ron deserves our full support, he understands that product on the park = bums on seats. Really positive ambitious plan

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Everyone in Sheffield probably supports their local team like all normal folk should though. There’s probably about 40/ 50000 in Edinburgh who actively attend at Hibs or Hearts and the same numbers again of gloryhunting OF following gluebags
    I like what he’s saying, but the OF are the fly in the ointment.

It will be very difficult for us to grow beyond our current level (or even to maintain our current level) as long as we’re unlikely to ever do better than finish a distant third.

I actually think our best chance of achieving the sort of performance he describes is if Sevco go pop - not an entirely unrealistic proposition.

He’s rallied the troops and clearly got a lot of folk on board, which is a good thing for all of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many actually dig deep (and deeper) when push comes to shove.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

I'm with you on the Zs front!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Thought ron came across very passionate . I like the plan for the big screen which will generate money in the long run and his vision for some type of bar were the fans can go before the game and after the game . Also getting in house the kiosks ( as he called them) and making the product better for the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I like what he’s saying, but the OF are the fly in the ointment.

It will be very difficult for us to grow beyond our current level (or even to maintain our current level) as long as we’re unlikely to ever do better than finish a distant third.

I actually think our best chance of achieving the sort of performance he describes is if Sevco go pop - not an entirely unrealistic proposition.

He’s rallied the troops and clearly got a lot of folk on board, which is a good thing for all of us. It’ll be interesting to see how many actually dig deep (and deeper) when push comes to shove.
    I think the Old Firm are irrelevant, we can’t match that.

But we can move up a level from where we are to being a side that are regularly qualifying for Europe. We’ve only done that through our league position about 4 times in the last 25 years.

If he’s serious about the revenue growth, European qualification makes that easier, especially with the additional competition that is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by eastterrace View Post
    Thought ron came across very passionate . I like the plan for the big screen which will generate money in the long run and his vision for some type of bar were the fans can go before the game and after the game . Also getting in house the kiosks ( as he called them) and making the product better for the customer.
    I liked the mention of possibly having local business doing pop ups within the stadium as another food offering. I think he name checked La Favorita who have done something similar before. That is an idea with potential, even if it won't make us a huge amount of money.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Good stuff.

Sincere and positive. Something to get excited about again.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Glad he realizes the product on the park is key tho , I can have the best pie in the world and watch a nice tv at half time but inevitably i want to come away from Easter rd having being entertained and my team has won , THAT is what will get fans flocking through the turnstiles

Very much impressed by what he has said and the plans for this.

The stadium having a big screen, digital ribbon, new sound system and being done up will not only make a huge difference for existing fans and players. But for people coming to their first game or even new players coming to view the stadium it will make a massive difference.

Players are really quite materialistic and if they can see an already nice Easter road with these additions it will make them buzzing to join. Couples in with the potential spot for Europe and a packed out stadium.

Delighted to hear he’s focussing on the squad too and that we’ve already spent above our norm in January. I think it will be a very exciting summer in terms of player recruitment.

The big thing now is from now to the end of the season. Ross has already done brilliantly for us to be even thinking about 3/4th in the league. But if he could manage that and get a semi final in the league it would bring a massive lift to the support and hopefully convince more people to get season tickets.

Next season

Competitive squad who identify and play as a hibs team should
    European nights
    Updated Easter Road with new facilities and improved match day experience

Sign me up.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    I liked the mention of possibly having local business doing pop ups within the stadium as another food offering. I think he name checked La Favorita who have done something similar before. That is an idea with potential, even if it won't make us a huge amount of money.
    I went to a basketball game in America and each of the different kiosks were run by different local restaurants/bars. It provided good quality products and variety while also offering the kiosks vendor advertising for their main establishments. We enjoyed one so much we ended up going to one of the places later in the trip.

Good to have some measurable targets, be interesting to see where we are in 5 years.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I went to a basketball game in America and each of the different kiosks were run by different local restaurants/bars. It provided good quality products and variety while also offering the kiosks vendor advertising for their main establishments. We enjoyed one so much we ended up going to one of the places later in the trip.

Likewise. Would love to see the stands have say 4 different food sections each (say a pizza bit, a pie bit, a burger bit and a veggie bit) and contactless pads to pay to speed things up. Completely do away with cash.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Good to have some measurable targets, be interesting to see where we are in 5 years.
    Still laughing at hearts probably.

A Peruvian American saying "complaints about pies" had me bursting out laughing

Nice interview, good to see the level of analysis that's went into the plans and how ambitious they are.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Very much impressed by what he has said and the plans for this.

The stadium having a big screen, digital ribbon, new sound system and being done up will not only make a huge difference for existing fans and players. But for people coming to their first game or even new players coming to view the stadium it will make a massive difference.
    Possibly a stupid question but what is a Digital Ribbon ?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBru22 View Post
    Basically the same thing as the electronic advertising boards.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    https://youtu.be/JiD3ftJeOrc

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Suspect it’s this (don’t know what a sash has to do with the AFL)

https://youtu.be/VRStR0ipm_o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

What I'd say to that, Stu, is when you look at all the elements of the plan it should be achievable.

Even if a couple of things don't come off, the very fact that Hibs will be different, be socially conscientious, give value to sponsors and supporters etc will make us easy to do business with.

The detail about making players feel part of the club (actually it was a stronger sentiment than that) and all the staff knowing their roles etc - it is textbook stuff for building a successful business.

I don't claim to be an expert on these things, however I've invested a lot of time into understanding how to deliver on ambitious plans using these type of ideas/values and honestly, there was hardly anything in that plan that was out of step with how you'd want it delivered.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

What Ron Gordon says also involves the fans buying into it, as he wants everybody on board. And that means believing that he can achieve the things he's said instead of saying he'll get 1 or 2 things done but not the rest, cos that's just how it is. After watching his interview on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong if it doesn't work out, as long as those who are more cynical about it do the same if it does.

I am waiting to see the changes in the org. We need a refresh in many of the areas. Im assuming thats part of the plan. The best people will get the best out of the club.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    He sounds like he knows what he is doing.

Mon the Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    True..also Sheffield is about 30 percent bigger than Edinburgh
    Probably closer to 20% bigger than Edinburgh. Sheffield is also surrounded by clubs with decent support including Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham not to mention Leeds United and Huddersfield.

There are a number of Rugby League teams in the area.

Hibs and Hearts are certainly underperforming in terms of attendance. There is plenty of scope for improvement.

Left by mutual consent!
    Get a tie in with Beckhams mob in Miami and try get Morgan for a year. They are obviously looking at the Scottish market.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    What Ron Gordon says also involves the fans buying into it, as he wants everybody on board. And that means believing that he can achieve the things he's said instead of saying he'll get 1 or 2 things done but not the rest, cos that's just how it is. After watching his interview on YouTube I was pleasantly surprised and impressed. I'll be more than happy to admit I was wrong if it doesn't work out, as long as those who are more cynical about it do the same if it does.
    Step one, has to be in the next couple of months is to get a record sponsorship deal in place. If we manage to attract that after last years shambles then it becomes very convincing.

Quote Originally Posted by Radium View Post
    Suspect it’s this (don’t know what a sash has to do with the AFL)

https://youtu.be/VRStR0ipm_o

That looks the bollocks. Hope we go the full monty and have it all round the pitch and at the bottom of the upper tiers on the three stands.

Essendon bombers play in black with a red sash.