hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: AGM Updates

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I thought it was spot on. Not going to lie, a revamped Easter Road, lot up from the outside with the big screen inside etc, better sound system and so on, with a great team on the pitch, is doing a lot for me.

I loved the optimism and ambition behind it, the fact that there were some really strong core values about Hibs' role in the community and our traditions, and a sense that there is massive opportunity and untapped potential there waiting to be taken advantage of is really exciting.

The support wanted a plan that we could all buy into -I honestly think this is it.

Commercially, if we want to be the go-to club for sponsors, the things Hibs are planning will make it the easiest choice going.

Hibs have made sure the supporters are taken care of as well, I think they hit the mark on so many levels tonight with that plan.

Kieran Power had said in here previously that we would be excited about the plans, I think he understated it, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lots of positives from the video and by the sounds of it, the AGM. I’m an auld git when it comes to all the ‘match day experience’ guff but I know from my bairns that expectations are far higher than mine were at their age. I was delighted when they put a roof on the East!

The Increase in ST sales seems really ambitious. Is it achievable? A big hurdle must be that a lot of potential new ST holders would want to sit beside existing ST holding friends/family. How can this be achieved? It annoys me that apart from OF and Hearts games, their are always a few empty seats around me that are ST holders.
    The new Gold, Silver, and Bronze pricing structure will have some effect in moving people around the stadium.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    The new Gold, Silver, and Bronze pricing structure will have some effect in moving people around the stadium.
    Sounds promising.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Left by mutual consent!
    The singing section was mentioned, and when Leeann mentioned that the FF upper was maybe the wrong place for it, did I hear her say something about a movement to the East? Or was it that the SS were wanting to move to the East.

@hibs.net private member
    In regards to big screen. Will it be big or a mediocre one St mirren have.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    In regards to big screen. Will it be big or a mediocre one St mirren have.
    Jumbotron as a minimum.

Big team = big screen.

Will doubling the playing budget by 2023 see us spending more than everyone outside the old firm?

Anyone know if Aberdeen already spend twice what we do on their playing budget?

I’m buzzing about this! Europa league group stages here we come!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What should they do about that?
    Refresh the girls academy with a senior coach who has a real understanding of all levels. Joelle is a great figure head but if you arent taking in the training and games you have no idea of the issues until its too late.... results this season will show that. Glasgow City have a guy involved at all levels and he appears at everything including national trials and games. He doesnt coach any of the teams but runs their academy from top to bottom.

Hope any increases aren’t too noticeable because I’m pretty sure my seat will fall in to the gold category!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Hope any increases aren’t too noticeable because I’m pretty sure my seat will fall in to the gold category!
    I don't think they'll raise the Gold too much, Silver may stay around the same, or a slight price increase for the new season, and Bronze a slight drop.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought it was spot on. Not going to lie, a revamped Easter Road, lot up from the outside with the big screen inside etc, better sound system and so on, with a great team on the pitch, is doing a lot for me.

I loved the optimism and ambition behind it, the fact that there were some really strong core values about Hibs' role in the community and our traditions, and a sense that there is massive opportunity and untapped potential there waiting to be taken advantage of is really exciting.

The support wanted a plan that we could all buy into -I honestly think this is it.

Commercially, if we want to be the go-to club for sponsors, the things Hibs are planning will make it the easiest choice going.

Hibs have made sure the supporters are taken care of as well, I think they hit the mark on so many levels tonight with that plan.

Kieran Power had said in here previously that we would be excited about the plans, I think he understated it, to be honest.
    Went for the modest build up and approach, Apologies Matty ✅

Glad this is now all here and in the open. So much detail in the strategic presentation that there is nuggets of gold everywhere below the headlines, plans, aims and values. Captured superbly by some on here and elsewhere, I’ll do my best to bring to life again in an update I’ll fire out at the weekend.

Ron’s impression of the PA (and more...) the highlight of the evening.

————

“This club must be the best club it can be – on and off the pitch.

Every area was analysed, fuelled by a desire to give supporters a Hibernian they can be proud of and to build on the progress made in recent years.

In short, we’ve been listening.” to us

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Will doubling the playing budget by 2023 see us spending more than everyone outside the old firm?

Anyone know if Aberdeen already spend twice what we do on their playing budget?

I’m buzzing about this! Europa league group stages here we come!
    Yes, if they didn't grow also..

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/premiership/the-average-wage-paid-by-scottish-premiership-clubs-ranked-in-order-1-4880885

Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    Went for the modest build up and approach, Apologies Matty ✅

Glad this is now all here and in the open. So much detail in the strategic presentation that there is nuggets of gold everywhere below the headlines, plans, aims and values. Captured superbly by some on here and elsewhere, I’ll do my best to bring to life again in an update I’ll fire out at the weekend.

Ron’s impression of the PA (and more...) the highlight of the evening.

————

“This club must be the best club it can be – on and off the pitch.

Every area was analysed, fuelled by a desire to give supporters a Hibernian they can be proud of and to build on the progress made in recent years.

In short, we’ve been listening.” to us
    Well done on your work which has clearly had an influence on the plans announced by the executive team, KP. Your proactive and communicative approach has been really helpful for us.

Thanks to everyone for all the updates, really excited about the coming few years and it's great to have an owner who is also a football fan, as much as STF helped us through the years he was never a football fan as such and helped us due to kind heartedness.

@hibs.net private member
    Superb stuff. Definitely exciting times ahead being a Hibs fan!

The singing section was mentioned, and when Leeann mentioned that the FF upper was maybe the wrong place for it, did I hear her say something about a movement to the East? Or was it that the SS were wanting to move to the East.
    I think she said that the East was a suggestion she had heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Well done on your work which has clearly had an influence on the plans announced by the executive team, KP. Your proactive and communicative approach has been really helpful for us.

Thanks to us all - great ideas, discussions and suggestions - just keep engaging, makes it really easy to represent us and get our views across.

As much as I’m part of the clubs governance structure the club has been great at listening to any feedback or direct verbatim I’ve passed over - they won’t always do everything but it certainly helps the bigger picture as we’ve heard tonight.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Exciting stuff. Sounds more like aspirations rather than any details of how he is going to achieve it. The real excitement will come when we start to see the fruits of his efforts.

I wonder if the club will try to play more night games now to get full use of the new disco lights?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a really interesting evening. I have to say Ron Gordon's presentation was delivered with consummate professionalism and not a little humour, his enthusiasm was clear, so fair play to him.

Some of the ambitions were for me at the extreme end of what Hibs could look to be achieving in the short time periods mentioned. Doubling the playing budget in 3 years or less is one hell of a goal, if we did that we would easily be a match for, in fact some way ahead of, Aberdeen and Hearts. Also the ambitions for season ticket sales. Given that currently its clear to see loads of folk who do have STs aren't turning up, adding another 4,000 onto the 13,000 we have currently within 3 seasons seems like a tough ask bordering on unrealistic .... in all honesty I would be beside myself if we matched this seasons next season and for the following two or three.

The only time I thought RG was uncomfortable with a question was the transfer of individual shares to HSL one. He was a tad evasive to say the least, but its pretty clear to me that his unspoken answer was 'I'm not going to allow HSL to reach the numbers required to be entitled to an automatic seat on the board' ...end of discussion.

I moaned about squeezing the fans dry prior to the AGM ..... But a fans contribution scheme similar to AberDNA or even FOH sits fine with me as part of an overall commercial strategy. I would like to think the club and HSL can come together and transform HSL from a share buying vehicle to something along those lines, with a re launch and re branding of the name to something a little less dry. Ron didn't appear to be totally against allowing an HSL presence on the board, so perhaps that would allow for one with a purpose to it.

All the stuff relating to changes to the stadium with a big screen and possible bars in the east and south are nothing but positives in my opinion, making ER a brighter and cheerier place to be on a Saturday can only be a good thing .... The guy who moaned about the big screen displayed exactly the sort of blinkered thinking which if copied by an owner would only stop us from progressing long term.

Overall the vibes are positive after that meeting .... how close we come to delivering the ambitions and goals should be very interesting, but to my mind one thing is clear, the non football sourcing of income is going to have to be supported by a fair amount of on field success in the next 5 years ... IE regular European football, top 4 finishes and cup semi finals and hopefully a final or two ... because without the income and fan interest these things bring the outside income on its own wont be enough IMO.

BTW ... Dunno who asked the Docherty v Kamberi question, but for me it was by far the best question of the evening

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Ambition is great and very positive. Timescales unrealistic IMO. The actual delivery is going to be very interesting tho. Let’s get our sleeves rolled up.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...adiums-1996279

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Cheers for the updates.

After reading through bits of the thread, it’s definitely feels like there are very exciting times ahead 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He's bang on ... that game at Hampden was 30 years ago and it's time we moved on. By all means keep the ban in Glasgow, but Scotland's other clubs shouldn't have to pay for their mess in perpetuity. I personally couldn't care less if I can get a drink inside ER during a game or at half time, but that doesn't mean I want to see Hibs denied a possible source of income which other sports, notably rugby in this very city, enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    He's bang on ... that game at Hampden was 30 years ago and it's time we moved on. By all means keep the ban in Glasgow, but Scotland's other clubs shouldn't have to pay for their mess in perpetuity. I personally couldn't care less if I can get a drink inside ER during a game or at half time, but that doesn't mean I want to see Hibs denied a possible source of income which other sports, notably rugby in this very city, enjoy.
    I def think they could look at selling in the upper tiers away from the pitch.

Testimonial Due
    And where is Ron? I think we have the answers.

In Germany, you can get alcohol at most games. But for derbies etc, you can still buy beer but it's non-alcoholic.

That was a really interesting evening. I have to say Ron Gordon's presentation was delivered with consummate professionalism and not a little humour, his enthusiasm was clear, so fair play to him.

Some of the ambitions were for me at the extreme end of what Hibs could look to be achieving in the short time periods mentioned. Doubling the playing budget in 3 years or less is one hell of a goal, if we did that we would easily be a match for, in fact some way ahead of, Aberdeen and Hearts. Also the ambitions for season ticket sales. Given that currently its clear to see loads of folk who do have STs aren't turning up, adding another 4,000 onto the 13,000 we have currently within 3 seasons seems like a tough ask bordering on unrealistic .... in all honesty I would be beside myself if we matched this seasons next season and for the following two or three.

The only time I thought RG was uncomfortable with a question was the transfer of individual shares to HSL one. He was a tad evasive to say the least, but its pretty clear to me that his unspoken answer was 'I'm not going to allow HSL to reach the numbers required to be entitled to an automatic seat on the board' ...end of discussion.

I moaned about squeezing the fans dry prior to the AGM ..... But a fans contribution scheme similar to AberDNA or even FOH sits fine with me as part of an overall commercial strategy. I would like to think the club and HSL can come together and transform HSL from a share buying vehicle to something along those lines, with a re launch and re branding of the name to something a little less dry. Ron didn't appear to be totally against allowing an HSL presence on the board, so perhaps that would allow for one with a purpose to it.

All the stuff relating to changes to the stadium with a big screen and possible bars in the east and south are nothing but positives in my opinion, making ER a brighter and cheerier place to be on a Saturday can only be a good thing .... The guy who moaned about the big screen displayed exactly the sort of blinkered thinking which if copied by an owner would only stop us from progressing long term.

Overall the vibes are positive after that meeting .... how close we come to delivering the ambitions and goals should be very interesting, but to my mind one thing is clear, the non football sourcing of income is going to have to be supported by a fair amount of on field success in the next 5 years ... IE regular European football, top 4 finishes and cup semi finals and hopefully a final or two ... because without the income and fan interest these things bring the outside income on its own wont be enough IMO.

BTW ... Dunno who asked the Docherty v Kamberi question, but for me it was by far the best question of the evening
    It was I who bemoaned the tv albeit in an incoherent ramble. I'm blinkered because I would rather see the money spent on team than a screen? It's all very glitz and glammer. We seem to be forgetting we are a football club first and foremost?

If the screen is used for marketing activity and sponsorship then all well and good, however, why did we forego a shirt sponsor in summer?

My feeling has always been build a team and people will watch, it's not a new science. I also don't know how we will double turnover by 2025. It's going to take much more sponsorship and marketing opportunities to fill the void that season ticket sales alone can fill

Interesting times ahead, but I'm not popping on the party hat just yet

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    He produced a photo of it. Bright green lights on the outside of the Stadium.
    Hopefully some of the mock ups are released soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    It was I who bemoaned the tv albeit in an incoherent ramble. I'm blinkered because I would rather see the money spent on team than a screen? It's all very glitz and glammer. We seem to be forgetting we are a football club first and foremost?

If the screen is used for marketing activity and sponsorship then all well and good, however, why did we forego a shirt sponsor in summer?

My feeling has always been build a team and people will watch, it's not a new science. I also don't know how we will double turnover by 2025. It's going to take much more sponsorship and marketing opportunities to fill the void that season ticket sales alone can fill

Interesting times ahead, but I'm not popping on the party hat just yet
    In order to fund the team on the park, we need to raise the income. With an average crowd of c18k, there’s not that much more scope to do that unless we hike prices, so the other way to do it is through sponsorship, corporate income and getting the people who are coming to games to spend more by having a better offer at the kiosks etc. That in turn let’s them spend more on putting a better team on the park so we can qualify for the latter stages of cups and get into Europe regularly and get the financial rewards that come with that.

I thought it was pretty clear last night that that’s the way they’re going to double turnover?

If spending on a giant TV screen stops us funding one player for one season, but it helps bring in sponsorship and cash that lets us fund one player every season after that then it’s a no brainer.