hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Josh Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People need to get over it. It’s a sportsman congratulating a team winning the league. Were people raging when St Johnstone were congratulated by people last weekend?

It’s very strange that a large amount of our fan base seem more upset about Rangers winning the league than Celtic fans seem to be.
    You aren't even capable of praising Hibs never mind The Rangers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldy Foghorn View Post
    No self respecting Hibby would say what he did.
    There appears to be one or two self respecting Hibbies (presumed) jumping to the defence of all things Hun across this forum this weekend my old friend.

Spot on.

Testimonial Due green with envy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    So true.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not exactly hard to work out, he’s got huge fights in the next few years to sell. He’s spent years taking the piss out of them and Frampton about it, he’s now getting them onside.
    If that was genuinely the intention then he forgets the example set by CR Smith and Carling to name but two - if you're going to kiss an Old Firm erse cheek (however unpalatable that concept may be to most of us) you must kiss both cheeks with equal affection to have any net gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    If that was genuinely the intention then he forgets the example set by CR Smith and Carling to name but two - if you're going to kiss an Old Firm erse cheek (however unpalatable that concept may be to most of us) you must kiss both cheeks with equal affection to have any net gain.
    Those who have supported him up until now won’t stop supporting him because of a tweet he put out, chances are those upset by it don’t care about boxing and want their petty old firm point scoring. If he’s gained a few ticket buying supporters from the blue side over it then I’d wager a bet he’s gained out of it. By the time his next fight in Scotland comes around absolutely nobody with any interest in buying tickets or PPV will care less about his tweet.

@hibs.net private member
    Those who have supported him up until now won’t stop supporting him because of a tweet he put out, chances are those upset by it don’t care about boxing and want their petty old firm point scoring. If he’s gained a few ticket buying supporters from the blue side over it then I’d wager a bet he’s gained out of it. By the time his next fight in Scotland comes around absolutely nobody with any interest in buying tickets or PPV will care less about his tweet.
    I just hope he's no got any Jambo pals. Wonder if he'll congratulate the Hertz when they win the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Hardly "gushing". I despise the Sticky Buns but have pals who support them and would say "hats off" to them as a mild way of recognising that they will be deserving winners of the league. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's a way of saying "I don't really respect you but have to accept that on this occasion you have done well."
    My hat is staying firmly on my head after yesterday and the The Rangers refusal to do anything to discourage their fans mass gatherings.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    The second team in a two horse race, with an overspend of nigh on £100 million since their inception, finally win the league.

A club that stiffed the taxpayer and creditors to the tune of millions.

"Great achievement" my arse.
    Exactly. it's embarrassing that this is only their first major trophy

I'll still watch his fights and want him to do well as a Scotsman, but he does come across on twitter as a bit of a roaster with his anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine pish. And congratulating a team is fine, someone in his position should be neutral to maximise support but for a self-proclaimed Hibs fan calling them the teddy bears and sucking up to them like he has makes me cringe. Screams "Please like me Rangers".

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    I'll still watch his fights and want him to do well as a Scotsman, but he does come across on twitter as a bit of a roaster with his anti-lockdown, anti-vaccine pish. And congratulating a team is fine, someone in his position should be neutral to maximise support but for a self-proclaimed Hibs fan calling them the teddy bears and sucking up to them like he has makes me cringe. Screams "Please like me Rangers".
    Being anti lockdown isn’t pish, it’s a matter of opinion and even the lead scientists in the country have differing views on its effectiveness.

@hibs.net private member
    We really are sensitive souls sometimes! I’ve messaged a couple of Rangers mates congratulating them and telling them to enjoy the celebrations, does that make a Rangers sympathiser also?🤔 The same Rangers fans who congratulated me and took it on the chin after 2016, not every Rangers fan is a knuckle dragging bigot.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    We really are sensitive souls sometimes! I’ve messaged a couple of Rangers mates congratulating them and telling them to enjoy the celebrations, does that make a Rangers sympathiser also?🤔 The same Rangers fans who congratulated me and took it on the chin after 2016, not every Rangers fan is a knuckle dragging bigot.
    No no, of course not. Only the vast majority.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    I must confess to texting a Hun pal “ Congratulations on your first top league title , just the three behind us now !
    Different club but the same horrible fans .
    Josh must have never had the misfortune to sit in the away end at Greyskull and try and watch the game and dodge the coins and cups of piss , thrown by the Orcs .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Being anti lockdown isn’t pish, it’s a matter of opinion and even the lead scientists in the country have differing views on its effectiveness.
    Being an anti-vax is a bit moronic though.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Being an anti-vax is a bit moronic though.
    Not just moronic but dangerous too, the anti-vax movement is causing real issues in healthcare now and we are getting outbreaks of previously controlled diseases. I watched a post JT had on twitter saying I don't need vaccines because I am young and healthy. He didn't mention that he, like most other in this country, he has gone through all his necessary vaccines as a child. He should travel to poorer countries in the world where measles, mumps, rubella and polio still kill hundreds of thousands kids each year due to the lack of vaccines.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Not sure why anyone would be taking the advice of someone who's job it is to batter folk for a living on the effectiveness of vaccines.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Not sure why anyone would be taking the advice of someone who's job it is to batter folk for a living on the effectiveness of vaccines.
    It's natural selection

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I could count on one finger the number of times this numpty has praised the team he supposedly supports. Strange, weird poster.