hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Josh Taylor

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not exactly hard to work out, he’s got huge fights in the next few years to sell. He’s spent years taking the piss out of them and Frampton about it, he’s now getting them onside.
    Whilst alienating everyone else? I watched an interview with him the other day and he was banging on about not wanting to be aligned to one football club when he was asked about fighting at ER. He wants the entire nation behind him. Not sure this is the way to do it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Whilst alienating everyone else? Not the best move.
    Everyone else? If you take the hump at someone saying congrats to a team on Twitter, a team a few of his best pals support then more fool you. Very touchy bunch on here tonight.

We’re gonna see a hun love-in from high profile individuals till the end of the season I’m afraid.

Gonna avoid Twitter for the foreseeable - keep my ragin Hibs outbursts for .net.

Wanted Hibs fans money on the way up. Parading round ER and its his dream to fight here etc.

Maybe took a few too many blows to the head.

Everyone else? If you take the hump at someone saying congrats to a team on Twitter, a team a few of his best pals support then more fool you. Very touchy bunch on here tonight.
    Yes everyone else. I don’t think it’s a huge leap to suggest every other club in Scotland despises the Sticky Buns. Look at the reaction on Twitter. Not many non Huns in support of him. I think it’s a huge mistake.

Yes everyone else. I don’t think it’s a huge leap to suggest every other club in Scotland despises the Sticky Buns. Look at the reaction on Twitter. Not many non Huns in support of him. I think it’s a huge mistake.
    We’ll see when he continues to sell out the Hydro and becomes Scotland’s biggest star.

We’ll see when he continues to sell out the Hydro and becomes Scotland’s biggest star.
    Mate, I’m a huge boxing fan. Been to more fights in the last 25 years than anyone I know and been to several of Josh’s fight. If there’s any way I can, I’ll be in Vegas in May. You don’t need to sell him to me. Probably why I’m so disappointed by this tonight. I stand by my opinion, he’s made a huge mistake........Oh and he hasn’t sold out the Hydro to date.

Mate, I’m a huge boxing fan. Been to more fights in the last 25 years than anyone I know and been to several of Josh’s fight. If there’s any way I can, I’ll be in Vegas in May. You don’t need to sell him to me. Probably why I’m so disappointed by this tonight. I stand by my opinion, he’s made a huge mistake........Oh and he hasn’t sold out the Hydro to date.
    He will easily have net gained fans after that tonight. Majority couldn’t care less other than some touchy Hibs and Celtic fans jumping on the bandwagon - the majority of which won’t have been to a boxing event in their puff. Their insecurities about Rangers are clear to see.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Josh Taylor is a boxer not a football team. He's popular because he's a good, very good in fact not because he supports Hibs, Rangers Melchester Rovers or the Harlem Globetrotters. Maybe thats me with a boxing fan head on but in the real world not everything is green and white. He isnt a piece of Hibs merchandise he's at the top of his game in his field. It shouldnt be about Hibs.

Someone with no self respect and held in utter contempt by all reasonable thinking people isn't a "star".

Taylor again plays to the lowest common
    denominator and knows exactly what he is doing and already has a history that clarifies exactly what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Someone with no self respect and held in utter contempt by all reasonable thinking people isn't a "star".

Taylor again plays to the lowest common
    denominator and knows exactly what he is doing and already has a history that clarifies exactly what he is.
    I’m sure he’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight because ‘the baldmans comb’ said he wasn’t a star 😂

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    It’s hardly like he’s came out with a Rangers strip on. He’s a sportsman, congratulating a sports team on their success. Take the green & white tinted specs off - it’s is a great achievement they have won the title after starting off again in the bottom league.

Doesn’t make it any easier to swallow, I despise that club more than any other. But I’ve congratulated a few Rangers supporting pals, as they deserve the league - best team in the division. I’d hope they would do the same for me if Hibs were to ever win the league,

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    It’s hardly like he’s came out with a Rangers strip on. He’s a sportsman, congratulating a sports team on their success. Take the green & white tinted specs off - it’s is a great achievement they have won the title after starting off again in the bottom league.

Doesn’t make it any easier to swallow, I despise that club more than any other. But I’ve congratulated a few Rangers supporting pals, as they deserve the league - best team in the division. I’d hope they would do the same for me if Hibs were to ever win the league,
    In a nutshell. The fact he mentioned ‘relegation’ has rattled a number of cages. Weird after all their success recently that Celtic fans are still seriously insecure about their noisy neighbours.

I’m sure he’ll be crying himself to sleep tonight because ‘the baldmans comb’ said he wasn’t a star 😂
    "Crying" more like laughing his heid off as is playing "the dafties" for all they are worth and "the dafties" absolutely lap it up as they also crave that allusive self respect that neither Taylor or his acolytes can ever attain.

Jeez.

And I thought his anti vax pish was bad enough, guys a bit of a roaster.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    I was initially a bit ruffled by his praise for the. rangers. But actually, so what. I’ve enjoyed watching a young lad from the Edinburgh area become a huge name in boxing. And he’s clearly that, a Scottish lad with little media training. I believe his best mate is a Rangers fan, and maybe he just wants to support his mate. I’m not gonna stop following his story cos he’s congratulated “them”. He’s a good connection to our club, and he’s a Scotsman that’s close to becoming the undisputed world champion. Gawn yerself JT!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whilst alienating everyone else? I watched an interview with him the other day and he was banging on about not wanting to be aligned to one football club when he was asked about fighting at ER. He wants the entire nation behind him. Not sure this is the way to do it.
    Behave. He’s being a man about the situation and congratulated them on coming back to the top of Scottish football. I don’t know Josh personally but know a good few of his mates and a good number of them are Rangers fans as has been said.

Making a deal out of nothing springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Jeez.

?

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Jeez.

Yup. Follow him on Twitter and he’s come out with some nonsense.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

WTF is Josh on tonight. Gushing about the Huns winning the league on Twitter!

https://twitter.com/joshtaylorboxer/...476140544?s=21
    Hardly "gushing". I despise the Sticky Buns but have pals who support them and would say "hats off" to them as a mild way of recognising that they will be deserving winners of the league. In fact I'd go so far as to say it's a way of saying "I don't really respect you but have to accept that on this occasion you have done well."

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post

The second team in a two horse race, with an overspend of nigh on £100 million since their inception, finally win the league.

A club that stiffed the taxpayer and creditors to the tune of millions.

"Great achievement" my arse.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 07-03-2021 at 08:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member
    FFS he’s said nothing wrong. He’s congratulated the team that’s won our league. I personally could not care less and it certainly does not not make him any less of a Hibs fan. Some people need to grow up a bit.

Would be incredibly childish and petty to think less of him because of those remarks.
    As I possess both of these traits in abundance he can ram it.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    FFS he’s said nothing wrong. He’s congratulated the team that’s won our league. I personally could not care less and it certainly does not not make him any less of a Hibs fan. Some people need to grow up a bit.
    I think it's his use of the "R" word that has rattled a lot of cages. That was probably an uninformed mistake on his part (which, TBF, he held his hands up to), but it's given the mob justification for pitchforks.

First Team Regular OstKurve Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    The second team in a two horse race, with an overspend of nigh on £100 million since their inception, finally win the league.

A club that stiffed the taxpayer and creditors to the tune of millions.

"Great achievement" my arse.
    Spot on ! Dont care what anyone says, you congratulate them then you are congratulating bigotry and all they stand for to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Would be incredibly childish and petty to think less of him because of those remarks.
    As I possess both of these traits in abundance he can ram it.
    No self respecting Hibby would say what he did.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Playing devils advocate here, would you have the same train of thought if there was a thread started on here by a hibs fan congratulating the rangers ? Because although a hibs forum its for other football discussion too

@hibs.net private member
    People need to get over it. It’s a sportsman congratulating a team winning the league. Were people raging when St Johnstone were congratulated by people last weekend?

It’s very strange that a large amount of our fan base seem more upset about Rangers winning the league than Celtic fans seem to be.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    People need to get over it. It’s a sportsman congratulating a team winning the league. Were people raging when St Johnstone were congratulated by people last weekend?

It’s very strange that a large amount of our fan base seem more upset about Rangers winning the league than Celtic fans seem to be.
    You think hibs fans are more upset than celtic fans, oh yeah, Nurse, we have a broken person 😆

Left by mutual consent!
    Burn him.